• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A man was just involved in a crash and your first instinct was to pull a gun on him?
America is crazy.

also my first thought - you pulled out a gun after witnessing a car crash (that happened to be outside your house)

America is a truly crazy place..

i every other civilized country in the world:
- you would not have a handgun, much less pull it out after a car crash (you act as if this is normal)
- you would not worry the driver had a gun
- you would not worry the cops would shoot you

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to get tattoos like the guy from Memento.

This is kind of an asshole thing to say about someone with memory issues likely stemming from serious head trauma.

I feel like we can address OP's actions in a critical, honest way without making jokes about their acknowledged medical issues.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, in summary.

1. If someone has a major accident, help is the first priority. Not guns.
  2. If you think you can accurately gauge the physical and mental state who has just been in a major accident, you can't. Concussion or shock makes it very hard for them to respond coherently, and adrenaline is a hell of a drug.
  3. If your first reaction to being unsettled is to immediately point your gun at someone, you are the threat. Not them.
  4. You cannot assume someone is a bad person because cops found guns in their car. Reminder that you also have guns.
  5. If you don't intend on shooting, you don't point it. Guns escalate, they don't deter.
  6. If you have any existing mental issues, like I don't know, memory loss and ptsd, you shouldn't own a gun, because you are putting the lives of innocent people around you at risk.

Last edited:

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Next time remember to have some drugs to plant on him so you can shoot the guy and avoid all this criticism.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP what you did was vile and morally wrong on all fronts. You are dangerous.

Deleted member 29939

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I had the same reaction as everyone when I got to the gun part... like wtf. Why?

Also, did someone just call OP a "pig" with no moderation? What the fuck is this shit

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely sorry about your disability OP, but you need to forfeit your guns. With a firearm, you are a threat to society (and potentially your own family). Real talk.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I didn't have any intention to shoot the guy, I used it as a deterrent. If he had a weapon that might have been different.

So, honestly, I agree with everyone in retrospect. With no intention to use it, i shouldn't have pointed it.

He was Vietnamese, for those asking if he was white.

Otw home so I'll reply in about an hour.

This a shitty thing to do to someone who had a major accident and more of a reason to hate cops. I don't care where the hell you are, this is not an appropriate response.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Misrepresenting moderation and modwhining, Prior similar infractions
Also, did someone just call OP a "pig" with no moderation? What the fuck is this shit

There's people in this thread making fun of their disability that stemmed from life-altering critical head trauma my guy. Mods don't care when it's targeting certain people or classes of people.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
OP I'm just adding to the dogpile I know, but your actions are insane to me. The fuck man, you pull a gun on a dude who got in a crash???

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
This is kind of an asshole thing to say about someone with memory issues likely stemming from serious head trauma.

I feel like we can address OP's actions in a critical, honest way without making jokes about their acknowledged medical issues.
If putting sticky notes up on his gun safe hasn't deterred him from threatening a crash victim with a gun, I don't see what's so funny about suggesting he gets some tattoos that serve as a constant and permanent reminder to not reach for his gun and play the hero when the opportunity arises (or doesn't arise as is often the case).

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Son you are a fucking lunatic. Someone gets into an accident in front my house and I'm going to run out and see if they are ok, not shine a light in their fucking face and point my side iron at them.

What the hell is your major malfunction? Wow.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If putting sticky notes up on his gun safe hasn't deterred him from threatening a crash victim with a gun, I don't see what's so funny about suggesting he gets some tattoos that serve as a constant and permanent reminder to not reach for his gun and play the hero when the opportunity arises (or doesn't arise as is often the case).

If you don't see what's so funny about it, then do you mean to say that your post was an honest suggestion? In that case, your post is more ludicrous than I would have ever suspected and I shouldn't have engaged it.

Deleted member 29939

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That was a trash ass move OP. Dude was in an accident and your first instinct is to pull out a gun? And you created this thread like you were proud of that shit

This is why N.W.A. said fuck the police

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I mean what did you think was going to happen op?? This man coming out of a crash all woozy was gonna be like hey, time to attack the first random ass guy I see, right after my accidental crash!!! Jesus man.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine pulling a fucking murder weapon on someone who could have fatally injured themselves in a crash, and THEN saying it was just a "deterrent" - from WHAT? Do you seriously live in such fear OP that your initial thought upon someone possibly needing help was instead to possibly kill them? You don't aim your gun at anything you don't plan to kill, that is rule #1 dude. Your daughter is literally in more danger than not with your idea of "deterring" someone. Go fantasize about being in the military in a video game dude, not real life.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
+1 for just how messed up the OP's reaction was. Your house needs an armed guard like its some military facility? The cops turning up for a car accident find guns drawn and someone on the cusp of being murdered?

I'm currently reading a Terminator EU book, and how you react is how Sarah Connor reacts to anything suspicious.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have any intention to shoot the guy, I used it as a deterrent. If he had a weapon that might have been different.

So, honestly, I agree with everyone in retrospect. With no intention to use it, i shouldn't have pointed it.

To Deter what? You were literally the only person around threatening violence. You still have a complete lack of self awareness.

The problem isn't that you didn't intend to use it. The problem is that you made the situation much more dangerous. Literally everyone involved in this scenario and your neighbors unlucky enough to live across from the business end of your pistol, would have been safer had you stayed in your home.

You're a dangerous person. You need help.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Why the fuck would you attempt to hold someone at gun point for wrecking their car you insane asshole. Thank god you didn't shoot the poor guy before actual authorities showed up. What the fuck is wrong with you.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Edit: Thread was longer than I thought; concerns were addressed. Seems OP has issues and needs to learn to not point guns at people.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
You know what this explains so much about police. Not that we didn't know already, but if OP is anything to go off, then no wonder cops in this country shoot people willy nilly. They get a gun and that becomes a powerful tool in an insecure man's arsenal, & even after he retires it doesn't go away.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Did the car crash guy even see that OP had a gun if OP shined a flashlight at him in the middle of the night?

It's a perfect storm of stupid, yet common police practices. Blind an already disoriented person while pointing a gun at them and aggressively barking orders- that's they only way to keep people safe.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I had the same reaction as everyone when I got to the gun part... like wtf. Why?

people actually wish death on all cops on this board, and mods seem to be supportive of it at times, so i doubt calling them pigs is going to even register on anyones radar. pretty disgusting behavior towards cops around here

however, OP is crazy as hell pulling a gun out in this situation and deserves all the criticism he is getting

the calling him a pig part was a little much tho. good luck arguing that with anyone around here tho, better to just ignore them

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
If you don't see what's so funny about it, then do you mean to say that your post was an honest suggestion? In that case, your post is more ludicrous than I would have ever suspected and I shouldn't have engaged it.

This is the OP's post in a thread where he posts about locking his gun in his safe where it will stay:

I've been thinking about this for a little while, reading about it every day. I've come to the time that each year I have to qualify with my firearm so that I can still carry concealed, being a retired police officer. The Law Enforcement Safety Act from 2004 gave me the ability to do so.

Well, I've decided, much from a lot of discussions being had here, talked with my family, and my pastor, that I won't re-qualify, and I won't be carrying any more. I locked my handgun in the safe, where it will stay. I've removed my retired law enforcement credentials from my wallet.

This is basically a new chapter in my life. It's going to be tough no doubt. Because I no longer have short term memory, I have notes I read every morning. This has been added to it. Also, sticky notes on my gun safe, to help remind me. I've been carrying a firearm for the past 20 years, so this is going to be different.

He has sticky notes that he reads every morning to remind himself not to play with his weapon, yet my suggestion that he gets a couple of fucking tattoos to remind himself not to play with his gun and play the hero is simply outrageous.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
User banned (3 days): ableism and mod whining

I got modded for calling Donald Trump retarded. How is calling Donald Trump retarded bad, but calling an actual poster on the thread a cop-pig fine? The latter is an actual epithet. The former is just a strong way of calling someone dumb.

Side note: Yes, I agree the OP is a bit crazy for pulling the gun out; see my previous, edited post.

Oct 26, 2017
I got modded for calling Donald Trump retarded. How is calling Donald Trump retarded bad, but calling an actual poster on the thread a cop-pig fine? The latter is an actual epithet. The former is just a strong way of calling someone dumb.

Side note: Yes, I agree the OP is a bit crazy for pulling the gun out; see my previous, edited post.

No it bloody well isn't.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017

An epithet... Are cops a race now? Also retarded is not just calling someone dumb, it has connotations dealing with mental disability, and it is pretty offensive.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed...
Reason why I come here less and less tbh. That and the hyperbolic outrage olympics with posts like these
wat

resetgaf.com

I think OP was aggressive with the gun and didn't choose to handle the situation properly but I think many people in this thread have crossed the line with the discussion and insults.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
It's well known that the natural enemy of cops are civilians, so we shouldn't be too hard on F34R.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nah you're wrong, you don't use that word in that context.

He has sticky notes that he reads every morning to remind himself not to play with his weapon, yet my suggestion that he gets a couple of fucking tattoos to remind himself not to play with his gun and play the hero is simply outrageous.

Glad you realised. Asking people with memory issues to tattoo reminders on themselves is insensitive and stupid as shit.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
OP definitely made a mistake and some self-evaluation is in order but I don't think there is much left to say. I think this thread should be closed.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017

Just gonna say my thoughts and imma head out.I own two firearms, one which required me to carry from a previous position. If someone crashes their vehicle(even your daughter says it's a crash) on your street and your response is to invite a f'n firearm to the scene and escalate the situation without knowing what's going on, you should turn your weapon(s) in ASAP. If anything your first responder bone should've kicked in, and tried to see/ask if the guy was hurt . Y'all are all lucky you walked away with your lives, and your daughter didn't have to see you kill another human being for hittin' some damn mail boxes Jesus. There's no objective reasonableness to this situation which would require you to point and potentially kill a man with your gun. Nobody who's intoxicated,high, disoriented from a car crash etc is gonna listen to verbals, and you already know your gut reaction if you would shot him would've been to say he was passively resisting and reached in his pockets while coming towards me. Just stay inside next time OP and call 911, not everyone is out to kill you and your family especially after they crash their damn car. You probably would've never have to had dealt with the guy walking towards you if you stayed inside.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Because one is abelism and the other is insulting a job of people with immense power

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Wait a second, OP held a man at gunpoint for knocking down mailboxes, and your concern is the use of a word aimed at shitty cops abusing their power?

Status
Not open for further replies.