• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Growing up, I used to mess with my cat by rubbing his hind feet, which he hated. One thing he'd do if upset would be to bite whichever hand was closest to his mouth, regardless of who was actually messing with him.

Welcome to customer service. Get out ASAP or you will hate everyone

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
their policy of of doubling up on multiple delivers is what kills the service

it has happened to me that me shit was late because the app allows the restaurant to use one driver for two deliveries

sorry OP, you got cussed out.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, that was misleading before. I see a few posts up they admitted it was their choice to do the second order. That was a gamble which didn't pay off for them. I see they say it's the difference between a livable wage or not, but wouldn't a decent tip from delivering the $90 order quickly be very helpful with that?

As I said before I can see the total I make with tip included when i accept the order. Both of these orders were equal to me.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, the customer can be pissed but yelling at someone in customer service is straight bullshit. I'll never defend that at all, this isn't a life or death situation here.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised these apps don't have a "order not ready" to catch restaurants lying about orders ready to pick up.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
OP, you shoulda just told her "Don't you people have microwaves?" with a straight face. Comedy in time of social disaster works wonders!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a race to the bottom. People want convenience at a lower and lower price and this is the result.

Race to the bottom?

OP went to another location and waited half an hour while the original persons food sat there and got cold. 90 bucks worth.

He wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone. He 100% fucked up.

Doesn't deserve what happened to him though.
It's why I will never work with the general public in any way. Gladly work in a factory lifting boxes rather than deal with people's moods.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
the customer has a right to be upset, i mean, i'd be upset too if i ordered 90 dollars worth of food, got a notification 45 minutes ago that it was picked up, and still hadn't received it.

edit: and after reading OP's responses the mistake is definitely on you. You deserved the 1 star rating, learn from the mistake and move on rather than making excuses.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
As I said before I can see the total I make with tip included when i accept the order. Both of these orders were equal to me.
I've never used the service. Even before seeing this topic I wouldn't trust it. If I don't get the order quickly and hot then forget it, and as NineConsonants pointed out above the priorities of the DD employees (or contractors?) are clearly different from the customer, and so this situation is inevitable. I'm wondering then, does the customer have to pay the tip in advance basically, regardless of how good or bad your service is, or do they tip you more at the door when you deliver?

konka

Oct 25, 2017

You're in the customer service business, if you mess up a $90 order that person is gonna be more pissed than a messed up $20 order and you're gonna get bad reviews.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it gives you an add on order to your route if it is on the way, and won't make you late. It lays out an order on how to do things with a strict schedule. It does not account for the restaurant being late at all which is what happened. The customers lived on the same street as each other
You probably should've bailed from the restaurant as soon as they told you it would be late.

It'd be pissed too if my food showed up cold after being 45 minutes late.

edit: just saw that you actually chose the second order and then chose to wait at the restaurant. Yeah, this is all on you. You earned that 1-star rating with your choices.

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I've never used the service. Even before seeing this topic I wouldn't trust it. If I don't get the order quickly and hot then forget it, and as someone pointed above the priorities of the DD employees (or contractors?) are clearly different from the customer, and so this situation is inevitable. I'm wondering then, does the customer have to pay the tip in advance basically, regardless of how good or bad your service is, or do they tip you more at the door when you deliver?

I have never been tipped in cash at the door, it's all done on the app beforehand regardless of service. It's not like I had money taken away from the first order for example. I make what I was guaranteed when I accepted it.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Nevermind. Sounds like the op fucked up. The company didn't force him to accept the second order. He wasn't forced to wait half an hour at another restaurant. It was his own choice. Just accept your responsibility and move on.

Chalk it up as a job learning experience.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I do door dash too, I have like a bunch of deliveries and usually people are really pleasant. Sometimes people act so fucking dumb, like if you don't tip and your food gets to you late, tip better I'll make your food a priority. You go to chipotle and the rack is filled with orders that don't get picked up because the wage is too low.

some dude tipped $11 yesterday for steaks and pasta and he got his stuff with the quickness.
This is why you're sitting on a 1 Star review right now. Believe it or not, but a part of your job is to actually try and make your customers have a good experience with their food being delivered on time. Having your food delivered late when yours food was ordered first is a bad experience. Your priorities aren't aligned with the customer's or the company's. This bad service will continue and people will stop using this service and the job will go away.

Hmm. This shows that doordash is broken. Not using it anymore. The incentives are all out of alignment

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Race to the bottom?

OP went to another location and waited half an hour while the original persons food sat there and got cold. 90 bucks worth.

He wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone. He 100% fucked up.

Doesn't deserve what happened to him though.
It's why I will never work with the general public in any way. Gladly work in a factory lifting boxes rather than deal with people's moods.

Yeah, so? How often have you gone to a place, get told it'll be 'a minute' and 40 minutes later it's still 'a minute'?

What if he leaves, delivers the food, and the restaurant reported him to door dash stating that he left without picking up the food?

Sounds like he'll be spit roasted either way, so you might as well get spit roasted and get that bread.

Trust me, fuck customers.

"Boohoo, my food is cold after I spent $90. I spent $90! I deserve a 5 star experience! I'm gonna have to be a bitch on this guy!"

Yeah you know what I would've done? Shrug my shoulders and leave. Fuck em.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Honestly I'd be pissed too.

It sucks that you have to take on more than one job at a time to make sure you make enough money but that's not the customers fault and it's the risk you take. If you don't get the food to them on time then they'll rate you low and of course they will.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I have never been tipped in cash at the door, it's all done on the app beforehand regardless of service. It's not like I had money taken away from the first order for example. I make what I was guaranteed when I accepted it.
Wow, I'm surprised it's like that. No wonder the customer is so upset. I assumed this sort of service would be a low paying job with customer tips expected to make it a livable wage. That would align the drivers interest with the customers.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It sucks but eventually you, sadly, just get used to it.

I remember the first (and thankfully only) time I was called a "faggot" when I worked at Blockbuster. I barely held it together and almost climbed over the counter to fight that woman.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even blame the customer in this situation. There's some details missing but you said she mentioned how she got a notification 45 minutes earlier saying the food was picked up, so at a minimum you were 45 minutes late. You chose to complete another order which delayed your first delivery. Whatever reasoning you had, it was still your choice and you have to live with the repercussions.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I would be pretty pisses too if I wasted 90 dollars on cold food.

She shouldn't have cussed you out but you deserved to get the negative rating.

You chose to screw her over to make an extra buck.

Jul 26, 2018
Not gonna lie... I would be pissed if I waited that long for my food and turns out cold.

I've been working in the restaurant industry for 2 years so far and I really don't see the point of doorash, Uber eats, etc. What I mean is that i find it pointless because due to these reasons... Linecooks will always hold off online orders and this literally just happened to me 4 days ago in Panda Express. Decided to order online for the 1st time, arrived after app says it's ready. Go inside, and my food was NOT ready.. and guess what? I had to wait NEARLY 20 MINS just for my food. Imagine me working for Uber Eats...

At this point i'll never order online ever again.. except pizza delivery which tbh, never ordered pizza through phone or online.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well could you have contacted them to explain that door dash had sent you to make another delivery and that you would be late ??

it's happened to me before and yeah I was pissed because I was waiting forever and much a customer can do because even if you cancel , you get charged

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would have been mad and rated you low too. Wouldnt have yelled at you though, thats classless

90 dollars worth of food bro... priority number 1

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the first post needs to be edited to account for the fact that OP chose to fuck over the first customer for his own benefit.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so? How often have you gone to a place, get told it'll be 'a minute' and 40 minutes later it's still 'a minute'?

What if he leaves, delivers the food, and the restaurant reported him to door dash stating that he left without picking up the food?

Sounds like he'll be spit roasted either way, so you might as well get spit roasted and get that bread.

Trust me, fuck customers.

"Boohoo, my food is cold after I spent $90. I spent $90! I deserve a 5 star experience! I'm gonna have to be a bitch on this guy!"

Yeah you know what I would've done? Shrug my shoulders and leave. Fuck em.

He DIDN'T have to accept the second order.
He took a risk and it fucked him. It is 100% on the op.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I wouldn't have yelled OP, but you'd get a 1 star rating.

Also, stories like this is why I can't wait for drone deliveries.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I'm not gonna be mad at a driver if my food is late cuz of the restaurant, but if I get a notification that my food is on it's way, and you goof off for 45 minutes, we're gonna have a problem. OP taking that 2nd order and being screwed over by the 2nd restaurant earned him that 1 star.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
45 minutes late because you took a second order you didn't have to take? I'd rate you one star as well. I wouldn't yell at you as not that type of person.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
OP accepted the other order, DoorDash didn't force it on them.
No, they were not forced, however it isn't a stretch to assume if your employer tells you it will be alright and on schedule that it is okay to do it- especially when we're talking about it being a difference between them making a living wage for that period of time.
He took a risk and it fucked him. It is 100% on the op.
Is it presented as a risk when his employer told him it would still be on schedule though?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Customer service/ retail jobs don't improve. Not by customers or management.

You work them to pay bills and pass time.

Edit: was it not feasible to drop off the first order, return to the restaurant, then drop off the second order? Wouldn't that have delivered both customer's food closer to the promised ETAs?

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
It's your fault for providing a bad customer experience. WTF? You fucked over the first customer and delivered their dinner late and cold.

Your attitude here is unbelievable

there is literally no point for me to deliver food if I can't double up orders. As I said before I pay my own gas and everything. Might as well be throwing money away if I make that low amount.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say, I would not have screamed at you but there would have been no tip and I'd have given you a one star review too. I'd still have been polite tho. 90 bucks worth of food delivered cold is just a no-go.

I've worked for a health insurance before in CS and I know it can be shit. 8 AM in the morning a drunk dude screaming at you etc. but you should have delivered her food first..

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Okay okay, I know what the issue is here.

Does doordash not do tips?

Because with postmates of course won't make minimum wage by just delivery fees, you are banking on tips. So getting the food there fast and correct is how you earn more not by taking more orders
I am given a total I will make for delivering when I am given the order to accept or decline. This includes tip prepaid on the app. Both orders were for the exact same amount. I am never given tips in cash

Status
Not open for further replies.