• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I find Talria in worse shape to be honest. Other than its R1 O, you just jump over enemies completely missing everything.
This is probably true and to chain the kicks is sort of difficult, ideally you would be running away from an army so you have nice long stream of enemies you can bounce on repeatedly in a line but there is literally no reason to run from enemies in this game. The magics are not at all balanced. I get that some such as scythe are better for utility such as drawing enemies in and creating combo but damn does it leave a lot to be desired.

#TeamTrident

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp...There is a Platinum. Took me a bit cause i left the game to play RDR2 for a week. Just got some DLC missions to clean up and i think ill head back to DW9 for the first time in a while and check out all the updates i missed.

Dsy7QmRVYAAOajx.jpg

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
New DLC drops on Thursday.

Translation...

November 29 (Thu) DLC delivery scheduled! ↓ lineup ■ New Sacred Treasures 8 ■-point Scenario 5 ■ BGM5 Song ■ Challenge mode New course "Meteor" for additional sacred treasures, we will continue to post videos every day in the countdown format! To ♪ enjoy

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I feel like that is a little too late. I am done with the game and without new characters and campaigns I'm not entirely sure I'll jump back in any time soon. I am mildly interested to see how the new treasures function but not really enough to get them and try myself. I had a blast playing the game and don't regret any of it but for now I've moved on.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that is a little too late. I am done with the game and without new characters and campaigns I'm not entirely sure I'll jump back in any time soon. I am mildly interested to see how the new treasures function but not really enough to get them and try myself. I had a blast playing the game and don't regret any of it but for now I've moved on.

Thats probably my biggest complaint ive made about WO4 is lack of end game. They through us a weak-ass challenge mode a few days after release. But really there is no incentive to play it. They are releasing another new mode supposedly this week. But not sure what all it exactly entails. But, it may be too little too late for a lot of people. As you said, you have already moved on. But cause im such a musou nut, ill be more than likely post my thoughts here.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thats probably my biggest complaint ive made about WO4 is lack of end game. They through us a weak-ass challenge mode a few days after release. But really there is no incentive to play it. They are releasing another new mode supposedly this week. But not sure what all it exactly entails. But, it may be too little too late for a lot of people. As you said, you have already moved on. But cause im such a musou nut, ill be more than likely post my thoughts here.

I consider myself a bit of a musou nut too, but I also don't buy every game and at this point if I wanted more I could probably get more enjoyment from buying a new Musou such as DW9. I do like this game a lot but it feels a bit light for some reason.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the new mode is called "Bridge Melee" and the main objective is to knock as many of your opponents off the bridge as you can within the time limit. Colour me "Meh" this mode does nothing for me honestly.

If you click the CC you can see english subtitles.

I appreciate KT trying to come up with new modes for us to play. But honestly this isnt doing it for me personally.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't trying to make new modes.... these modes were in dynasty warriors . Trying would be something new :/

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I mean new as in just giving us something else to do. Just like the challenge mode before it. Problem is these modes lack a lot of depth and aren't suitable for proper end game.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, none of this is making me want to finally buy the game. Just bring back Gauntlet mode or something.

Most the fans been begging for gauntlet mode to come back and wonder why it wasnt put into this game? Time constraints...budgets? Maybe they will add it down the road and charge a stupid price for it. It was definitely popular.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
With the sheer amount of characters in this game I wish it adapted features from Fire Emblem Musou which honestly felt like a natural evolution of Orochi staples (the type system, tagging, etc).

I want a 'type triangle' between the strength, tech, speed types to be a thing. I want to freely switch between multiple allies on the battlefield, but also have backup officers to switch with. I want to be able to choose which officers to bring into battle in the first place.

The 5 stat-boost characters we can choose from suck balls.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
the game seems to be down to $20 on newegg for ps4 and xbox 1 with code EMCEESP66

now to figure out if I should buy it when I still have WO3 and Hyrule warriors to play >.>

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I been meaning to get into this but backlog and other stuff keeps making this pushed back lol. How is it compared to the last one? I really enjoyed that one with its upgrading which wasn't tied into being rng like the other musou games usually are. I liked the outlandish moves and music was excellent. Is this the same too?

I'm a bit disappointed from the half hour I've played of this though thst it's not a smooth 60fps and is normally 30fps with an unlocked framerate. It tells you a lot on the technical care gone into it when a series that used to be a solid 60fps on PS2 has somehow gone down to 30fps in the last 10-15 years.

Is it a fun platinum though? The only Musou game I've bet platinumed was Dragon quest Heroes 1

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I been meaning to get into this but backlog and other stuff keeps making this pushed back lol. How is it compared to the last one? I really enjoyed that one with its upgrading which wasn't tied into being rng like the other musou games usually are. I liked the outlandish moves and music was excellent. Is this the same too?

I'm a bit disappointed from the half hour I've played of this though thst it's not a smooth 60fps and is normally 30fps with an unlocked framerate. It tells you a lot on the technical care gone into it when a series that used to be a solid 60fps on PS2 has somehow gone down to 30fps in the last 10-15 years.

Is it a fun platinum thoifg The only Musou game I've bet platinumed was Dragon quest Heroes 1

As i said above, its a good game. But compared to 3 its shallow in content. You can buy whatever stats you want from the weapon shop (pricy though) so you dont have to worry about grinding for weapons with the stats you want if thats what you mean? Music is okay. Its mostly remixes from levels of DW and SW games. Its a pretty easy platinum trophy. The hardest of the trophies to get is the "chaotic good" where you have to beat all the levels on chaos. There is a couple of levels towards the end with some cheap one or two shots. But really, not too hard.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
As i said above, its a good game. But compared to 3 its shallow in content. You can buy whatever stats you want from the weapon shop (pricy though) so you dont have to worry about grinding for weapons with the stats you want if thats what you mean? Music is okay. Its mostly remixes from levels of DW and SW games. Its a pretty easy platinum trophy. The hardest of the trophies to get is the "chaotic good" where you have to beat all the levels on chaos. There is a couple of levels towards the end with some cheap one or two shots. But really, not too hard.
How long for platinum? The problem I have with musou games I always get them on launch and have intention of playing them but they always get pushed back. And by the time I wanna play them a newer version or a new musou game comes out so the cycle repeats. I think well this newest game probably has better mechanics and graphics so I play that a bit, goes on hold because of backlog or something and then another one comes along.and now I'm left with like 6 musou PS4 titles to play including this one and DW9, DQH2, SW4, one piece and a few others probably

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
How long for platinum? The problem I have with musou games I always get them on launch and have intention of playing them but they always get pushed back. And by the time I wanna play them a newer version or a new musou game comes out so the cycle repeats. I think well this newest game probably has better mechanics and graphics so I play that a bit, goes on hold because of backlog or something and then another one comes along.and now I'm left with like 6 musou PS4 titles to play including this one and DW9, DQH2, SW4, one piece and a few others probably

Hard for me to say. I mostly just play musous so i put a lot of hours into them. But like i said, its pretty easy to platinum. I imagine if you really focused on it, you could get it done in a few sittings. Somewhere between 25-35 hours maybe?

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Having skipped out on WO3 entirely, what's the endgame for that have that WO4 lacks?

Gauntlet mode. Its basically a randomized map mode that gives various items/rewards that can get progressively gets more challenging. There is a lot more to it than that. But it would take me a while to type out everything that happens there.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
For that price? Id do it. Its a good game overall. Its just missing endgame content. Thats the biggest flaw really.
While I was debating it went back up to thirty.
I was tempted, but I still have a good chunk of hyrule warriors to play. kind of want to get warriors orochi 3 ultimate, and I have smash coming next week so I won't get around to this one for a while anyways.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Honda not having Deified form is absurd

There is a lot of characters who probably shouldve got deified in place of a few of the choices they did make. But in reality deification doesnt do much more than rage. Just lasts a little longer and gives your character a new skin for a bit.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
How'd this end up compared wo3? I remember being real bummed that they rolled back the guest character shenanigans

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
How'd this end up compared wo3? I remember being real bummed that they rolled back the guest character shenanigans
Entire game centers on a new mechanic to utilise one of only a few movesets based upon God weapon equipment. Enemies will stop taking damage when they glow till you use those. Made it so the whole games movesets got pushed aside imo just to push the focus on some new mechanic. Plus no base. Just bouncing portraits.

Due to this and the lack of features that orochi3 ultimate had I honestly just put it down bored. I beat every iteration of orochi3 released and ultimate twice plus gauntlet mode on top of all that, but this game in spite of the new roster just felt less because of that mechanic. Tired of looking at the same combo on every character for 2/3rds the match. Lemme enjoy my character more than this stupid tool dammit.

Between that, dw9 being a vast waste of nothing to walk in and all stars being so light on everything I'm just really put out. Sad when their licensed stuff is better and I hate one piece so...yeah. Future is bleak without major overhauls.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's an expansion and not Warriors Orochi 5. I'd be down for the return of the guest characters (including the new ones from Warriors All-Stars), new Greek/Norse gods, and more deified forms. I'd also love it if they did Warriors Orochi Empires for the first time. I always loved the Empires series and it feels like ages since the last one.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, Omega Force. OMEGA FORCE.

Deified.

Ginchiyo.

Give me my grumpy lightning goddess, damn it.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Deified Ginchiyo would be too good.
That said, more deified characters in general would be fantastic, especially if some of them end up calling on aspects from the Chinese and Japanese pantheons, as well as Norse and Greek.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I wonder what the expansion brings. Some stages, characters, god weapons and transformations would not really be that interesting to me. I guess the maddening part is I'm not even sure what I want out of this expansion. While I still had a lot of fun with this game it was somewhat underwhelming in all areas.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, an Amazon listing has leaked two new characters to the game as well as some content, and the title:
- the goddess Gaia, probably the one seen in the teaser
- Jeanne d'Arc returns
- More characters to be announced, more story, more side scenario, new modes, new moves
- The game is called 無双OROCHI3 Ultimate, and the first edition has a costume for Gaia
The page has been taken down already.
This bodes well. I'm happy I waited!
Now to see if it's also available as DLC...

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Entire game centers on a new mechanic to utilise one of only a few movesets based upon God weapon equipment. Enemies will stop taking damage when they glow till you use those. Made it so the whole games movesets got pushed aside imo just to push the focus on some new mechanic. Plus no base. Just bouncing portraits.

Due to this and the lack of features that orochi3 ultimate had I honestly just put it down bored. I beat every iteration of orochi3 released and ultimate twice plus gauntlet mode on top of all that, but this game in spite of the new roster just felt less because of that mechanic. Tired of looking at the same combo on every character for 2/3rds the match. Lemme enjoy my character more than this stupid tool dammit.

Between that, dw9 being a vast waste of nothing to walk in and all stars being so light on everything I'm just really put out. Sad when their licensed stuff is better and I hate one piece so...yeah. Future is bleak without major overhauls.
Ungh. Guess I'll wait for the update and see if they improve the game. Devs adding in new mechanics and then forcing players to use them is like my major pet peeve.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
So, an Amazon listing has leaked two new characters to the game as well as some content, and the title:
- the goddess Gaia, probably the one seen in the teaser
- Jeanne d'Arc returns
- More characters to be announced, more story, more side scenario, new modes, new moves
- The game is called 無双OROCHI3 Ultimate, and the first edition has a costume for Gaia
The page has been taken down already.
This bodes well. I'm happy I waited!
Now to see if it's also available as DLC...
Attack on Titan 2 got a $40 upgrade DLC, so I'm hopeful they'll also have an upgrade path for WO4U. Jeanne d'Arc being back is a good sign that all of the cut characters will return. Still hoping everyone gets a deified form. Hell, just take the designs from Multi Raid if you have to. I just hate it when only a few characters get access to certain mechanics.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion

I played the game until I obtained my first divine weapon, did a mission, and didn't touched it since then. I'm still not sure if I want to play it or not, so the game is still sleeping on my PS4. Which is kinda sad, because I double dipped back then for WO3 on my Wii U and my PS4.

And the funniest thing? I had the occasion to replay Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn recently and I did it for like 5 hours straight without any pause.

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Was Jeanne actually good in WO3? I remember thinking she looked pretty cool but her range was a bit limited and she moved quite slowly. Usually not selling points in musou games.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished this too. Did WO3 saves carry over to Ultimate? I don't remember.
Attack on Titan 2 got a $40 upgrade DLC, so I'm hopeful they'll also have an upgrade path for WO4U. Jeanne d'Arc being back is a good sign that all of the cut characters will return. Still hoping everyone gets a deified form. Hell, just take the designs from Multi Raid if you have to. I just hate it when only a few characters get access to certain mechanics.
SW characters keep their rush attacks while the DW characters don't get their Musou 2s. That was already a huge discrepancy.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Gematsu has a full breakdown of the famitsu article on Orochi 4 Ultimate

It would appear you will be able to simply pay to upgrade 4 to ultimate or you can just buy ultimate edition. It mentions a new musou switch combo that lets your 3 person team unleash continuous musou attacks and that controls and playability and the UI have been tweaked alongside of an ability to switch sacred treasures and anchor magic.

I dont know if this is going to free us from "you will either use the treasure moveset for 90% of everything or do zero damage" or whether its simply them stupidly thinking "what if we let them use ALL treasures if they found just doing one treasure moveset constantly dull". If its the latter then 170 characters still means nothing as most of your match will be the treasure movesets and little else. If they tweaked it though to where it is indeed something more optional you dont absolutely have to use for shit then hurray I can use my movesets again and may actually give it a shot.

More at the article.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Was Jeanne actually good in WO3? I remember thinking she looked pretty cool but her range was a bit limited and she moved quite slowly. Usually not selling points in musou games.

She's decent but not super OP. She's basically designed around her special / cherry blossom gimmick; her range and her charge attacks are WAY better when it's active, and if it's not active, her moveset is kinda weak (though her earthquake and arrow rain attacks aren't half-bad). It helps that she's a Wonder type too (though I think as far as Wonder types go, she was kinda weak? I think because of a buggy wonder dash / spirit dive / whatever it's called)

I'm not loving the design, but I guess it's better than if she was *another* blonde Grecian (like Zeus, and Athena, and Perseus, and Achilles if he's back)

At least it's cool that she's apparently stronger than Zeus (according to the Gematsu article)

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Should I bother playing this? It's been on my backlog since I got it on launch but I heard it's not even as good as WO3 Ultimate so I didn't bother playing it but still kinda want to as I loved WO3? Also with the news of WO4 Ultimate coming is this even worth playing?

It's bad when you have a backlog that's so large that the next game in the series is due before you even get to play the previous one lol

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Should I bother playing this? It's been on my backlog since I got it on launch but I heard it's not even as good as WO3 Ultimate so I didn't bother playing it but still kinda want to as I loved WO3? Also with the news of WO4 Ultimate coming is this even worth playing?

It's bad when you have a backlog that's so large that the next game in the series is due before you even get to play the previous one lol
Ultimately it is still a fanservice Musou filled with beloved characters accross multiple IPs. In this regard it is inferior to WO3U but that game went through many iterations of improvement as well. I do think this game is a little weak when compared to its prequel. I think the new mechanics are a little weak, modes a bit boring and story is not exciting at all. That said, I did have some fun with it and leveling up some of my preferred characters was still quite fun. I definitely got my "musou fix" out of it but I burned pretty quickly and had no interest in maxing all characters or anything like that. Hopefully the expansion adds compelling gameplay additions.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimately it is still a fanservice Musou filled with beloved characters accross multiple IPs. In this regard it is inferior to WO3U but that game went through many iterations of improvement as well. I do think this game is a little weak when compared to its prequel. I think the new mechanics are a little weak, modes a bit boring and story is not exciting at all. That said, I did have some fun with it and leveling up some of my preferred characters was still quite fun. I definitely got my "musou fix" out of it but I burned pretty quickly and had no interest in maxing all characters or anything like that. Hopefully the expansion adds compelling gameplay additions.
The other problem I have with these Musou games is they regress and actually get worse visually with each one. This runs at 30fps as opposed to WO3 which was 60fps. Same with the DW games they actually look worse than before.

Oct 27, 2017