• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
"I think you called me a liar on national TV," Warren can be heard saying.

"What?" Sanders responded.

"I think you called me a liar on national TV," she repeated.

"You know, let's not do it right now. If you want to have that discussion, we'll have that discussion," Sanders said, to which Warren replied, "Anytime."

"You called me a liar," Sanders continued. "You told me -- all right, let's not do it now."

Bless you for the transcription because I can't bring myself to watch the video.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of fascinates me observing how politicians speak to each other when they think the mics are off. I suppose you can call it voyeuristic.

Nov 20, 2017
Just heard the audio. She says "I think you called me a liar on national TV?" He says let's not do this right now.

I mean Bernie said he didn't say it. He's defending himself. They have different recollections. Warren is aware she was miked and she had this exchange on purpose. This seems EXTREMELY contrived and looks bad to me for Warren.

Warren is certainly a class act. She had no problems shaking bernies hand for the last few months or acting like they were the best of friends until a night before the final debate before Iowa.

tsk tsk those manipulative scheming womyn. clearly warren was just pretending to be upset to get bernie down

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Plot to kill an ambassador

Or

"We can do this right here right now fam. It's whatever. Call me a liar again"

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 month): sexism
Bernie was smart to walk away from all that crazy

*No that's bait gif*

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I predict Warren's numbers continuing to gradually fall, and she will ultimately drop out. This has been apparent it's a one on one fight between Biden and Bernie.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
This is so fucking stupid.
Yep. It's having an effect on both supporters and the candidates themselves.

But the media won't let it go.

Ultimately, it's going to reflect really bad on Warren and I really fucking hate it because it will re-enforce the stereotype that women will try to start shit just to make themselves look better.

I believe both believe different things about that conversation, and Bernie remembers saying something and Warren remembers her interpretation of it.

What I can't believe is how it was dropped right before this and the Iowa vote. There is no other reason than it was planned.

OP
OP
chadskin

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
EOXZ1pQU0AA5OSs

EOXZ1pRUYAct-9L

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
nice argumentative deflection skills by Bernie there, the ol "but your behavior, you did this". Should've owned up to it, "I didn't mean to, not my intention etc"

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just curious if anyone besides the more involved politically folks really gives a shit about this? I'm just at a loss because I don't think either of them would specifically lie about this.

yeah most folks might not give a fuck.... but some might question why leak info that might cause drama, the night before the debate...as well as 2 weeks before voting.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
The only thing noteworthy from that clip, and the debate in general, is that the Warren campaign is a mess. We went from the media reporting about what Warren said about the meeting to two people, to Warren confirming with no context, to Warren staffers telling the media Sanders' own story about that meeting was accurate, to Warren staffers being told prior to the debate to de-escalate and avoid going after Sanders, to Warren confirming again with no context, to whatever the hell this was.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

That conversation was about exactly what we all figured. We have actual important shit to be worried about right now. Lets move on.

Jun 20, 2019
Expecting CNN to air Apollo Justice-style slo-mo tomorrow night. "Wolf, we can see that Bernie spreads his hands while lying. Press 'Objection!' when you see the tell."

Status
Not open for further replies.