• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Watching her murder Bloomberg on live television was definitely a highlight from the debates circuit

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Sanders supporter? Seriously LOL I'm Canadian the only candidate I give a shit about is the one who can get rid of the orange menace who's at this point is obviously Biden

Joe Biden is nothing but a bottle of water made from BPA plastic for a country that has toxic water for 90% of it's citizens.

He won't actually try to fix the issue, just provide a short term alleviation to the problem.

He's a lame duck president when he wins. Attempting to work with Republicans will go nowhere and his attempt to run as an incumbant will fail because he won't be running against Trump. He will have nothing to show or offer the economically depressed and disinfranchised who make up roghly half the country, if not more after the next recession, which he will be blamed for. He doesn't inspire or generate hope outside beating Trump and he will become extremely vulnerable to an opponent who runs on Trump's platform without all the shit that comes with Donald.

Even if Trump loses this election, the Republicans and their agenda still win, especially in 2024.

As someone who is mostly unaffected by the presidential outcome because my profession is recession proof, I don't vote for my own interest but those for those who have no hope. Biden will run the executive branch as well as Obama, but that won't actually translate into a positive effect for most of the people in the country before the 2024 election. He's likely to be blamed for the mess Trump created because he'll be in office when shit hits the fan. His willingness to work with Republicans will be seen as a weakness by them and they will openly rest the blame of Trump's mess on him while he tries to "cross the isle and work together" with the facist political opposition.

The Democratic party will fall apart over the next four years if they attemt to coerce a party of criminals into logical, sensible policy positions.

But I'm sure Biden will come out and say that there are very fine people, on both sides, especially the blonde's. Then offer backrubs to any Republicans or their teenage children if they vote for his agenda.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
As I said, she's proven she's not an ally to the progressive movement. She stayed in long past the statistics proved she couldn't make it, caused irreversible damage to the surviving progressive movement (Bernie)
Staying in is not "proving she's not an ally to the progressive movement". Every candidate stays in as long as they think things may shift. Everyone wanted to see what the large shift in super Tuesday would be. Bernie himself staying in for quite a while in 16. "irreversible damage" is one not larger than what bloom was doing to Biden and 2 not enough to cover the gap either way. It was good that she stayed in log enough to be an attack dog against less progressive candidates.

rescinded her stances on SuperPACs

Where is this?

continued begging her followers for donations even up to last night, and then drops out after the damage is done with no endorsement, and effectively stealing delegates from the race that ultimately could have made the race even closer than if she had just bowed out gracefully.

She may still endorce and every candidate (Bernie included) asks for donations while still in the race, however long that is.

fuck her forever, I will never forgive or trust her again. I should have known she was in this for selfish reasons rather than actually supporting the progressive movement back when she stumbled on M4A. Signs of her horrible lack of political intuition and campaign mismanagement stretched as far back as the Native American scandal, not to mention her being the frontrunner briefly and totally dismantling her own momentum.

What selfish reasons would those be? A passion for fighting corporate corruption? She is a major player in the progressive movement and everyone, including Bernie, knows that. Campaigns don't always go your way as the variables are endless but "fuck her forever" because of that?

She may have arguably been a more dangerous candidate to the progressive movement than either Biden or Bloomberg. When it mattered most that she team with and support Bernie (like the day before Super Tuesday), she attacked him, misled her followers on how he would tax people, and used her energy against Bernie instead of Biden and Bloomberg.

More dangerous than a billionaire trying to buy his way into a nomination? Who she shut down herself. She played politics (as a politician should) during a campaign? She is the most dangerous because she isn't the kind of person to just give up and roll over? Then what is Bernie?

I hope she loses her senate seat and I never want to hear from her again. Go into the shadows like Hillary and remorse over what you did to fuck over the progressive movement, Liz.

This is the most egregious. You want her to lose her senate seat? One of the most progressive/aggressive people we have on the left and you want her to dissapear because she tussled with Bernie for a brief moment (someone who is a close friend of hers and they support each other regularly)? Warren fucked the progressive movement? THIS isn't reasonable. You sound emotional like someone insulted your SO and you want to fight someone. I see this shit all over Twitter as well and it's embarrassing for the left as all the people crying out like this sound like children lashing out at everyone (except voters who didn't show up to the polls) for the their top pick not outright winning everything in a landslide. This is far from over. You say she attacked Bernie, but supporters who sound like this have been attacking every SINGLE progressive candidate that isn't Bernie for years. He's not god. He's not the only one. I hope he wins but I do wish some of his supporters practiced a bit more perspective.

explain why. I explained why I think what I think, with specific examples even.

See above

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You do know Bloomberg dropped out Tuesday night, right?
I didn't! :D

I'm actually a bit more optimistic!...

....but we're still all doomed. DOOMED. We should just all vote Trump. Trump is the only way. Let the seventh seal be broken, and glorious chaos be showered upon this forsaken nation. Oh, and this kool-aid is delicious! Here, try some!

Sorry. I'm better now.

Oct 25, 2017
Report the posts then. If you think someone is trolling, the correct thing to do is to report them for staff to look at, not respond with hostility.

How was I being hostile asking for a source? Is it because I said thanks for nothing when they actually had nothing to back up their baseless claims? That's a little silly.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Warren was my #1 with a bullet, but I knew she didn't have it to go the distance. Here's hoping she can go back to being a progressive champion in the Senate under a Dem president.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
All the people unironically tweeting snake emojis are fucking idoits. I say this as a Bernie supporter.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Did I say she hadn't changed her tune? I said "used to be". That may not matter to some, and that's fine. It will to others. She's out of the race regardless and I'm not interested in dragging this point out to death.

There is no evidence that Elizabeth Warren was ever anti-LGBTQIA+. If her being a Republican in 1995 means that she was anti-LGBTQIA+, would Sanders' caucusing with Democrats also suggest that, given that the Democratic party was implementing Don't ask Don't Tell while he was part of the Democratic caucus in 1994? It's asinine and reductive. No, no sane person would think that Sanders is anti-LGBTQIA+ just based on his affiliation in congress 25 years ago.

If you're "not interest in dragging this point out to death" then don't say stupid shit that you can't back up with facts instead of stupid-logic.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
She has sullied her progressive status in my eyes.

Hoping someone from the left primaries her.

That is to say, I hope leftists primary basically everyone, but she is no longer on my ally list.
I think you are describing the Justice Democrats, who have utterly failed in previous elections.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I donated money to her in July. I saw her rally in Seattle. I was for her message which I will admit definitely made progressivism more mainstream. But the last 3 months have had her show that it was all for selfish reasons and now the progressive movement has almost no viable path forward this year. It undid most of her good will in my eyes. Minus that Bloomberg slam dunk during the debates. That was awesome.

eh yeah I might have been a bit too upset, but I think she is at risk of losing Massachusetts now, and if she does, I want her to take time to reflect on her campaigning. She has been reckless.
Bernie has done most of the damage himself. Nothing Warren did affected that. Bernie has been the constant in dropping the ball and his best chance at winning the nomination disappeared but again that's not Warren's fault.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Staying in is not "proving she's not an ally to the progressive movement". Every candidate stays in as long as they think things may shift. Everyone wanted to see what the large shift in super Tuesday would be. Bernie himself staying in for quite a while in 16. "irreversible damage" is one not larger than what bloom was doing to Biden and 2 not enough to cover the gap either way. It was good that she stayed in log enough to be an attack dog against less progressive candidates.

I just disagree then. I think things would have been much different if she and Bernie had discussed and agreed on a coalition like whatever happened to biden/Klobuchar/Pete, but clearly it did not happen. Who knows how things would have turned out.

That's how she was funding her latest commercials. She started accepting big money. I thought that was well known here, or at least there were tweets about it.

She may still endorce and every candidate (Bernie included) asks for donations while still in the race, however long that is.

but the fact she didn't endorse now means she's waiting. The strategy in that for the progressive movement? I have no explanation.

What selfish reasons would those be? A passion for fighting corporate corruption? She is a major player in the progressive movement and everyone, including Bernie, knows that. Campaigns don't always go your way as the variables are endless but "fuck her forever" because of that?
because she is showing that she only wants progressivism to win if she is the leader of it. That's the only reasonable conclusion I can take from her erratic, irresponsible campaign management and her attacking Bernie even when she had no viability.

More dangerous than a billionaire trying to buy his way into a nomination? Who she shut down herself. She played politics (as a politician should) during a campaign? She is the most dangerous because she isn't the kind of person to just give up and roll over? Then what is Bernie?

If it was the other way around, you can see from Bernie's tweet that he would have probably endorsed her. Bloomberg was gaining traction but too little too quick to be viable in most states, so I didn't qualify him as a real threat yet. I'm glad she shut him down at the debates. That's all I'll give her. The rest of her behavior the last 3 months has splintered the progressive movement IMO.

This is the most egregious. You want her to lose her senate seat? One of the most progressive/aggressive people we have on the left and you want her to dissapear because she tussled with Bernie for a brief moment (someone who is a close friend of hers and they support each other regularly)? Warren fucked the progressive movement? THIS isn't reasonable. You sound emotional like someone insulted your SO and you want to fight someone. I see this shit all over Twitter as well and it's embarrassing for the left as all the people crying out like this sound like children lashing out at everyone (except voters who didn't show up to the polls) for the their top pick not outright winning everything in a landslide. This is far from over. You say she attacked Bernie, but supporters who sound like this have been attacking every SINGLE progressive candidate that isn't Bernie for years. He's not god. He's not the only one. I hope he wins but I do wish some of his supporters practiced a bit more perspective.
Like I said, I supported both until recently, donated money to both until recently. I may have been too emotional in posting that part (which I'm not going to apologize for, people here post emotionally to all kinds of grief. I am where I am), but it comes from immense disappointment in her and a hope that if she does lose her senate seat (which is now possible) that she sit out and reflect on what she did wrong the last few months.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Warren was my first choice so this makes me sad that I probably can't vote for her.

With Warren dropping out and the results of Super Tuesday, I have been having a tough internal debate about whether I should support the candidate my views more closely align with (Bernie) or who I think would do best in the General (Biden). I *think* Bernie is going to lose the primary at this point regardless but I'm probably going to vote for him in Florida. Vote for ideals in the primary and vote for the nominee in the general.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Politics is the ultimate arena for tribalism. It's even more passionate because there are significant real world consequences to who "wins."
I suppose. In a two-party system at least, I could see it. As a Canadian I've voted for multiple parties in my life. But since this is the Primary, where there were several decent/viable candidates with pros and cons, the blind and rabid partisanship that I've seen has been exasperating to say the least.
How was I being hostile asking for a source? Is it because I said thanks for nothing when they actually had nothing to back up their baseless claims? That's a little silly.
...Calm down. I didn't say you were hostile (though you are kinda getting there, chill out please). You were commenting on the staff post, which mentioned trolling and hostility, and asked me "is post X considered trolling?". So I'm just telling you that if you think a post is trolling, to report it. That's all.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, she's proven she's not an ally to the progressive movement. She stayed in long past the statistics proved she couldn't make it, caused irreversible damage to the surviving progressive movement (Bernie)

Her remaining voters were more likely to go for Biden, so staying in the race did more to hurt him than Bernie.

It's also funny to see that "Not me, us" clearly didn't take.

, rescinded her stances on SuperPACs, continued begging her followers for donations even up to last night, and then drops out after the damage is done with no endorsement, and effectively stealing delegates from the race that ultimately could have made the race even closer than if she had just bowed out gracefully.

"Even closer"

Yeah, no. It wasn't that close and wouldn't have been even if all of her voters went for Bernie, which wouldn't have happened anyway. Her voters were demographics Bernie is doing horribly with.

The SuperPAC thing isn't going to do any lasting damage, and every campaign asks for donations until the moment they drop out. Bernie did the latter in 2016 and strung his followers along for far, far longer. But that was no big deal, am I right?

She may have arguably been a more dangerous candidate to the progressive movement than either Biden or Bloomberg.

I can't emphasize enough how pathetic this part is. A Bloomberg victory would have either given us 4 more years of Trump or the most conservative Democratic president since before I was born.

I hope she loses her senate seat and I never want to hear from her again. Go into the shadows like Hillary and remorse over what you did to fuck over the progressive movement, Liz.

And there it is, it's all about Bernie fucking Sanders instead of actual progressive policy. Get over yourself.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
This is a damn shame. Warren was my #1 choice and I don't trust Bernie to have a fraction of the governing acumen she would have brought, plus it seems that he is unable to build the kind of coalition that would give him a path to victory. I wasn't a fan of Joe Biden but I'll still hope that, with progressivism being as loud as it is in the Democratic coalition, he'll feel the pressure to stay on the right track even if he is a moderate.

Also, fuck the Berniecrats on Twitter harassing Warren supporters. That's all.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren was my first choice so this makes me sad that I probably can't vote for her.

With Warren dropping out and the results of Super Tuesday, I have been having a tough internal debate about whether I should support the candidate my views more closely align with (Bernie) or who I think would do best in the General (Biden). I *think* Bernie is going to lose the primary at this point regardless but I'm probably going to vote for him in Florida. Vote for ideals in the primary and vote for the nominee in the general.

Vote your heart in the primary, head in the General. Fire away!

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
She has sullied her progressive status in my eyes.

Hoping someone from the left primaries her.

That is to say, I hope leftists primary basically everyone, but she is no longer on my ally list.
Lmao yeah primary the most effective progressive in the entire party. Great idea.

I literally cannot fathom how anyone would seriously want to do that and think they'd gain from it.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People are too emotional over this stuff. I think she left at an appropriate time. Would be cool if she was for Sanders but I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't after how this race has gone.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I was really hoping that the race would have been between Warren and Sanders but I understand why it's not. I ended up caucusing for Bernie, because Medicare For All is a make or break issue for me, but I tried my best to get friends and family to vote for Warren if they did not feel comfortable with Sanders. I think she would have made a terrific president and I really hope she stays in the Senate instead of trying to get a cabinet position with either Biden or Bernie.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Finally. With Warren's departure and and Bernie's prospects fading, it's time for the one true candidate to shine—Tulsi Gabbard!
Please don't vote for Tulsi Gabbard.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Her remaining voters were more likely to go for Biden, so staying in the race did more to hurt him than Bernie.

It's also funny to see that "Not me, us" clearly didn't take.
That is a statistic I did not know and it fundamentally changes some of my thoughts. Thank you. Hmm.

"Even closer"

Yeah, no. It wasn't close and wouldn't have been even if all of her voters went for Bernie, which wouldn't have happened anyway. Her voters were demographics Bernie is doing horribly with.

isn't there a 68 delegate difference between the two right now? And she has 61....so imo that would have made it closer. Which is what I said.

The SuperPAC thing isn't going to do any lasting damage, and every campaign asks for donations until the moment they drop out. Bernie did the latter in 2016 and strung his followers along for far, far longer. But that was no big deal, am I right?

It's still going back on her policy mere days after tweeting that she wouldn't take SuperPAC money.

I can't emphasize enough how pathetic this part is. A Bloomberg victory would have either given us 4 more years of Trump or the most conservative Democratic president since before I was born.

yeah but he never became viable except in a couple of states. So he was never a possible threat. He was on his way to becoming so, but he did not. Too little too late.

And there it is, it's all about Bernie fucking Sanders instead of actual progressive policy. Get over yourself.

no it's not. It's about the winner and leader of the progressive movement. If Bernie has tanked I would have been urging for him to drop out and endorse warren. His behavior leads me to believe he would have. We don't see Warren doing the same for him, which is why I have harsh criticism for her actions as being selfish and detrimental to progressivism winning, even if it's without her.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Ever since the debates started heating up she has been a cancer in the progressive movement's side, frankly; bending and breaking on M4A, allowing a Super Pac to fund her after making promises not to rely on them, and hovering over Bernie Sanders with attacks centered around gender, or lies about his platform. She has done everything she could do to destabilize the progressive base for the primary, and now she's going to put a cherry on top by walking away after the damage she caused. She's not a friend, she's not an ally, and I think she sacrificed her integrity in this race -- which is really saying something considering some of the things she has done in the past to lose integrity that, out of respect, I won't even bring up in detail.

There was a version of Elizabeth Warren that I loved and respected and even was happy to see take this race -- that person died the second she decided that the person to attack was the only other person on that stage standing up for the right things. I don't know where the source of corruption came from; maybe it was her campaign managers, her strategists -- who knows? All I know is that from here on out when I hear the name "Elizabeth Warren" I will identify her with the people she now stands for who absolutely embody the centrist movement in this country that will end up killing countless people. Really, really disappointing.

May 26, 2018
Do you honestly think Bernie, Warren, or Biden will be able to get any major healthcare overhauls given our current political landscape? I think it's strange that everyone has pinned their immediate hopes on any particular candidate when it's likely that none of them will be able to be effective in working with the cult of Trump that is the GOP. Republicans aren't going to just suddenly start working with democrats because Trump is out of office.

This is why I'm not really going to get hung up on who will be the nominee. The only thing that we can hope for is them being able to stop the constant attacks on our institutions and on the spot twitter policy making. The damage being done by Trump and the GOP can't be overstated enough.

Bingo. Recovery from a massive attack on the country's immune system.

Priority one is stop the damage, put up firewalls to prevent future attempts (election security and cyber security, good info warfare laws, more r&d on identifying destructive external/internal terror movements [proper ones], redundancy/interconnectivity on the powers of the executive in relation to other USG branches) and repair what's been torn up (state department, epa, cdc, doe,...)

This alone may take four years.

Last edited:

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Some ridiculous responses on here. I wish she would have dropped off sooner, but she was a great candidate for the progressive movement and to see people telling her to fuck off forever are childish.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Eh. Ever since the debates started heating up she has been a cancer in the progressive movement's side, frankly; bending and breaking on M4A, allowing a Super Pac to fund her after making promises not to rely on them, and hovering over Bernie Sanders with attacks centered around gender, or lies about his platform. She has done everything she could do to destabilize the progressive base for the primary, and now she's going to put a cherry on top by walking away after the damage she caused. She's not a friend, she's not an ally, and I think she sacrificed her integrity in this race -- which is really saying something considering some of the things she has done in the past to lose integrity that, out of respect, I won't even bring up in detail.

There was a version of Elizabeth Warren that I loved and respected and even was happy to see take this race -- that person died the second she decided that the person to attack was the only other person on that stage standing up for the right things. I don't know where the source of corruption came from; maybe it was her campaign managers, her strategists -- who knows? All I know is that from here on out when I hear the name "Elizabeth Warren" I will identify her with the people she now stands for who absolutely embody the centrist movement in this country that will end up killing countless people. Really, really disappointing.
You people don't know what SuperPACs actually are, do you?

By design they're unaffiliated with the campaign. Campaigns can't actually stop a SuperPAC from spending money on their cause.

The correct response
The Bernie campaign must be handing out some fantastic drugs if you're thinking this is the way to go about asking for political support.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately since it seemed like Biden was out so much, we never got a chance to see Warren smack him down on the bankruptcy bill.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Sadly I don't see her endorsing Bernie after she asked him if he'd called her a liar on stage.