• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Really is a shame she didn't drop out & endorse Bernie before super Tuesday, i doubt her progressive views a little bit now.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Please endorse Bernie. Otherwise I don't think she ever believed in fighting the banks and M4A. :(
Bernie is going to lose the primary. What is worth more to her goals of progressive policies, endorsing Bernie for "online cred", or endorsing Biden and having influence over his cabinet picks if he wins?

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
She can strongly dislike Biden but also engage in a transaction with him, if she thinks he's: going to win, and is going to offer something that Sanders can't or won't. Is she going to advance her policy by endorsing a primary campaign that underperforms and loses?

Or is she going to advance more of her wishes by yanking Biden a little close to her? So what if they don't like each other? Winning political teams are usually riven with rivalries. And it isn't like her relationship with Sanders isn't under strain too.

And... wait. Why is it her job, her expectation, that she must save him? She doesn't have to save him. She doesn't have to save anybody if she doesn't want to, honestly. Bernie can earn it instead of the toxic component of his base demanding it.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Lmao yeah she certainly spent the last 10 years of life fighting for something she didnt believe in

Bernie is fucked even with Warren's endorsement. Even if you combine her supporters with his now it's not enough to overcome the massive lead biden will accrue with the next few states
We'll see what she does with her endorsement.

May 26, 2018
A reminder to pls vote in November because regardless of how you feel about the primaries, Biden or Sanders, you'll help things more than that dude in the Twitter quotebox

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I didn't say she'd back Biden now...but she will.

Seriously, Bernie's campaign is over. Have you seen the latest polling in the states remaining? When Bloomberg left, it became official. There is no reasonable way Bernie is coming back and Warren didn't have enough supporters to be able to swing things to Bernie even if she endorsed.

Warren is not dumb and knows ultimately we have to win in the fall...and if Biden can end up helping down ticket and allow her and other Senate democrats to actually pass some legislation...you sure as hell better believe she will be aggressively campaigning for him...
Calling the race right now after everything we've seen happen is foolish. 2/3rds of the electorate remain. Like I said, it's going to be a struggle for Sanders after ST, but he still has a chance. Biden is not a stable candidate. He's done almost nothing and had people around him prop him up. Warren endorsing Bernie could have a positive impact right now.

Why are we pretending like we're already in the general election? That's what the primary is for.. endorsing who you want to win, who is in the race, has been winning states and still has a chance.

Endorse/support Biden after the primary.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I see we're back to 2016 all over again...

Shame on people who actually wants progress, how dare they be so mean

Anyway, i really hope she endorse sanders, the policies she believes in won't get far with a biden presidency imo... Plus he has no chance to win against Trump, anyone believing the opposite are fooling themselves! Bernie doesn't have big chances either for sure, but from what the polls suggests they're higher than biden

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Bernie supporters would be a little more pragmatic about the rest of the year. Only way ANY progress is gonna happen is by rallying around the eventual nominee and helping get democrats in down ballot and taking back the senate (or at very least, keeping house and taking the presidency and ensuring SCOTUS doesn't go 7-2)...

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
After reading most of this thread...

Do people actually believe Joe Biden has any chance against Trump?
His track record is a mess and he has so many skeletons in the basement, Trump and the GOP will have a field day with him.

I really can't see it, sorry.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Calling the race right now after everything we've seen happen is foolish. 2/3rds of the electorate remain. Like I said, it's going to be a struggle for Sanders after ST, but he still has a chance. Biden is not a stable candidate. He's done almost nothing and had people around him prop him up. Warren endorsing Bernie could have a positive impact right now.

Why are we pretending like we're already in the general election? That's what the primary is for.. endorsing who you want to win, who is in the race, has been winning states and still has a chance.

Did you see those numbers in Florida? That's with Bloomberg still in the poll.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shame. She had her issues, but I think she would have made a great president.

We'll see how this helps or hurts Biden or Sanders. It's a 2-man race now and I'd prefer Bernie get that nomination, even though I've resigned myself to voting Biden if I have to.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
We're never getting better healthcare are we
Incrementalism! Crumbs sprinkled out for us in the apportioned amount decided by our candidates beneficiaries, the healthcare lobbyists that own them.

Things will change but only enough to make the masses shut up a little bit.

blomby

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I mean we saw people doing the same thing when Biden won big on Tuesday. I wish people would stop acting like toxicity is coming from only one side and call out people on their "side" who are doing and saying the same things.
you mean people should be calling out those who are expecting her to stand by her ideals and support Bernie instead of being a former republican rolling right for Biden and showing that she used progressive policies as a way to seek power?

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I hope she endorses Bernie...but my gut says she'll go for Biden, if Biden agrees to inch a bit further left once he's the confirmed nominee. I wouldn't begrudge her for that. The best politicians know when to be pragmatic, but I still hope she backs Bernie and keeps him in the game.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
People will be surprised by how many Warren supporters go to Biden.

They shouldn't be, considering Bidens going to win the nomination. He was ALWAYS going to win the nomination. But I know we have to do this dance in the interim. But yeah, folks are mostly going to come home and vote out Trump this year, and since Biden will be the nom.... well there you go.

Last edited:

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

His track record is a mess and he has so many skeletons in the basement, Trump and the GOP will have a field day with him.

It's a mess in the primary. Not so much in the general. He has a better chance of winning than Sanders does, and more importantly, has a better chance of winning and also flipping the Senate.
Half of what makes Sanders strong in the primary are weaknesses in the general.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Vs the man who got blown the fuck out on tuesday against a man who put in no effort and also failed to bring in the voters that he said he would? Yes I definitely want a real winner like Bernie on the ticket.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mask off post. Do you give a shit about the policies or not
Mask off post.

Do you give a shit about getting progressive policy implemented or do you just want to put all your eggs in a losing basket?

Sanders can't win. And I hate to say it as she was my number one but we saw on ST that Warren is not as popular as I thought. Where's the data that endorsing Sanders helps him? Better to move Biden left and help shape progressive policy there than to tie herself to the zombie Sanders campaign.

So much for you saying Bernie was your number 2, lol
Did you look at the ST numbers, Sanders's failure to turn out voters and the primary schedule, lol

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
I already said I think it's possible that she doesn't endorse anyone. I'm saying as a voter who cares about progressive policies, it doesn't make sense to favor Biden over Bernie now that she has dropped. Warren strongly dislikes Biden for a reason.

I'm saying that I don't see why it doesn't make sense. "Who would I vote for if, with my one vote, I could make this candidate president?" and "Who would I vote as the candidate, knowing that this candidate will go up against Trump?" are different questions. I can easily see reasonable people disagreeing on whether Sanders or Biden has the better chance of winning (or conversely, a better chance of losing), regardless of policy leanings.

Anyway, good luck, America. Gonna need a lot of it. (To be clear, I am not being sarcastic and mean this absolutely genuinely.)

May 26, 2018
I wish Bernie supporters would be a little more pragmatic about the rest of the year. Only way ANY progress is gonna happen is by rallying around the eventual nominee and helping get democrats in down ballot and taking back the senate (or at very least, keeping house and taking the presidency and ensuring SCOTUS doesn't go 7-2)...

I think best choice has got to be continue to canvass for whoever you like best, and when the primaries end canvass at a larger scale for who wins.

Be a rebel in the streets but a Jedi in the sheets

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

No, Joe has no chance, he wont get anyone excited. Trump just has to say fuck the Mexicans and the whole gop will be out there in the polls

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

He's an old white dude that people like. Biden will be fine if he gets the nom.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Bernie is going to lose the primary. What is worth more to her goals of progressive policies, endorsing Bernie for "online cred", or endorsing Biden and having influence over his cabinet picks if he wins?
She literally loses nothing if she endorses Bernie.

If Biden wins that's fine. I just want Warren to prove she's the progressive she says she is. If she endorses Biden, then it proves she's a strategic politician who may be thinking of the long game and doesn't really believe progressivism is in right now.

If she endorses Bernie then she proves she believes progressivism is now.

I stated opinions, I am not imposing them or telling anyone else what to think so please don't think I'm trying to debate right now. I'm not here to "win" anything.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017

He has no chance. And Warren endorsing Bernie could only splinter the party more.

I mean you can live in a fantasy world where Bernie somehow pulls out surprise victories in states where he was destroyed by Hillary and is currently WAY behind in against Biden (have you seen the Florida numbers?), or, you can sober up (as much as it sucks to not have your candidate win) and realize progress is only going to happen this cycle if we rally around the eventual nominee to win the White House, ensure SCOTUS doesn't fall to 7-2 for our lifetime, and making sure house and senate gets as much support as possible...

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please endorse Bernie. Otherwise I don't think she ever believed in fighting the banks and M4A. :(
Bernie has very little to offer Warren. the sense I'm getting from reading this thread is that people seem to think political coalitions are built on who can be nicer to each other online. But this is weird and stupid. probably Warren expects a career or influence in the future from her endorsement and Biden looks likes like the most likely candidate who can offer her that.