• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully she endorses Bernie but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't.

A Biden/Warren ticket is the next best thing. She would absolutely destroy that backwards fuck Mike Pence.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She would have done the best job as President of any candidate. Sadly elections are not about who would do the best job.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Well damn. I voted for her but my state's primary hasn't happened yet, does that just mean my vote goes to whomever she endorses?

She would have done the best job as President of any candidate. Sadly elections are not about who would do the best job.

And that's why I voted for her. I will hope for Bernie at this point.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
These threads always devolve into dumb party bickering.
Progressives need to learn to stop tearing eachothers throats because we both need to fight passionately for our ideals but also be the party of "class" and "decorum" and "playing fair".

Glad Warren dropped out despite her being tied with best choice this election for me. I'm not happy to see her drop out, but also glad she saw reason and doesn't want to split the field any longer. I really hope she does endorse Bernie, but glad she ran either way and hope it paves the way for real success for a woman progressive to run for office in 2028 (or *shudder* 2024)

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
People didn't vote for the qualified person who effectively stood up to an old, white, racist billionaire on national television.

Time to weigh my options for the primary. And then support the hell out of the eventual nominee.

I mean, literally anyone would be better than Schumer.
Schumer is an excellent fundraiser and organizer and knows how to unify his caucus, which are the most important jobs of the majority leader.

Like, if she endorses Biden, there's no way this isn't her last Senate term. I don't see her surviving a primary after that.
Uh, seeing as Biden won Massachusetts, this seems like quite a stretch.

Not that I expect her to endorse Biden. She'll either endorse Bernie or nobody.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I would have been happy to vote for her had she held on as the frontrunner progressive candidate. But with hindsight as it is, I really wish she'd have dropped before super Tuesday.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope she endorses Bernie and hopefully Bernie will choose are as VP. The two of them can be unstoppable.

Question, since I'm a bit unaware of US voting process: if she endorses Bernie and hopefully now Warren voters go to Bernie, is he still eligible for the DNC nomination? Or was Super Tuesday it?

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Considering Bernie needs Warren supporters, it would be extremely wise not to say anything bad about her right now. Especially when we're grieving.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Bernie supporters don't pretend like they liked Warren all along if she endorses him. The way she's been treated over the past few months fucking disgusts me and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. And we pretend to be progressive. That's such a joke.
Stop blanket shaming everyone for a group of online trolls. I never did any of this as a Bernie supporter. I would be happy to see Warren endorse Bernie, even though she probably won't, and hope she continues to fight for progressives in the future.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Good job on reading the rest of my post which had a perfectly plain reason for why I think a Biden endorsement is smart and instead focusing on the jab aimed at the toxic individual who was hating on Warren.

Truly, good stuff. I expected nothing less.
I read it, hence why I included watered-down as a qualifier instead of saying "no health-care." I just think your post sucks.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Way to sidestep my comment? Did I say she never was a Republican? I very explicitly am talking about her record as a Senator and her platform for presidency this cycle.
once a Republican, always a Republican. You can say you're progressive all you want but Warren very likely would have ended up an aisle-shaker as president, kowtowing to Republican demands and failing to live up to her progressive platform. You can't just write off her life before being a Senator.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Expectations like "support my guy or else you're a snake and a liar!".
That is more of an opinion, and yes they are entitled to their opinion. It's isn't a stretch to say that Bernie is one closest to her ideology in the race at this point. Expecting her to endorse him isn't anything crazy.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Question...do you guys actually want to win in the fall? How in the world does her endorsing Bernie help the party win in the fall? I swear a lot of Bernie folk can't seem to see the forest for the trees...

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This means she actually wants to get things done. She's closer to Bernie in policy yes. But Bernie's campaign is over. She knows that Biden can help down ballot to possibly win back the Senate and will eventually endorse him to take back the government and be able to pass progressive legislature. Warren is not stupid and digging her heels in to help a losing campaign and fracture that party further doesn't do anything to actually help the situation...
1/3rd of the primary is done, and Bernie/Biden are basically neck and neck in delegates (yes, Sanders still has an uphill battle). Biden rise happened in 3 days. Anything can happen between now and the end of the primary, and definitely between now and November. Giving in and selecting a centrist, right now, is not what being a progressive means. Especially one who is clearly being impacted by his age in a way that Sanders is not. It's not going to be any easier for Biden to win with the way he is declining mentally. He is an incredibly weak candidate for the general, despite his recent surge.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's nicknames don't seem as effective this go-round.

I don't hear anyone calling Sanders and Biden "Crazy Bernie" or "Sleepy Joe" the way that "Lyin' Ted" or "Little Marco" took off in 2016.
He isn't actually good at doing nicknames, he has a tiny pool of them (and recycled "crazy" or "little" multiple times already) and most are lame as hell. But he thinks it's his "brand" so he keeps doing them. It worked once or twice, four years ago, so he's just mindlessly doing it again assuming it must work again.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
That is more of an opinion, and yes they are entitled to their opinion. It's isn't a stretch to say that Bernie is one closest to her ideology in the race at this point. Expecting her to endorse him isn't anything crazy.
That poster isn't expecting, he's demanding.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
She owes it to her own campaign and purposed policies, and to the people who believed in both of those things.

Yeah, people are so much more interested in personal petty bickering and trying to get a sick burn on each other instead, which is just childish and exhausting. Warren, if she cares as much about her beliefs as she claims to, should support the person closest to those beliefs left in the race, and that's it.