• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about how she managed her presidential campaign would suggest to me that she's a good choice to be in charge of the Senate's strategic planning.

I'm a big fan of the Warren, to be clear, and ideally she should either chair the banking committee or be the next Treasury Secretary, but the politics part of politics are clearly not her strongest suit.

I mean, literally anyone would be better than Schumer.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
She approved Trump's defense budget very recently but sure
and tbh lying about your heritage doesn't seem very progressive to me
I see we have an armchair headliner here.
Given you boldly advised us to look at her record, please, go down through that record and show us this Reaganite Republican

www.warren.senate.gov

Voting Record | U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts

The Official U.S. Senate website of Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I think getting something in exchange from the eventual nominee that also results in a quicker unification of the Dem party is worth more than endorsing Bernie, who is at this point largely done.

That's my take. Yea, she is closer to Bernie in policy. But this is politics.

Her options are to endorse Biden, and forever be branded as the one who knifed Bernie in exchange for some executive orders on banking regulation or her choice of some assistant Treasury secretaries, or to endorse Bernie, take an outside but still substantial chance of being VP/Treasury Secretary/successor President, and if not, oh well, she's still a powerful Senator, with her relationship with the progressive wing now solidified, and able to influence Biden plenty that way. Like, if she endorses Biden, there's no way this isn't her last Senate term. I don't see her surviving a primary after that. Whereas even in a Biden wins scenario, Senator Warren can be the effective leader of the progressive wing of things as long as she can get herself out of bed and onto the Senate floor.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Class doesn't pay your healthcare bills.
Healthcare bills are a complex problem solved by a functioning federal government, the execution of which is far beyond a forum thread.
Snarky drive-bys are solved by exercising just a little basic restraint and valuing informed discussion over burping out every stray half-formed reaction that crosses one's mind.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I never really understood Warren's base. It seemed to be mostly white urban professionals, usually around their mid 30s, from what I've seen.

Seemed like a no-brainer to me but I'm not American so my opinion is worthless.

However, voting for the candidate with the best climate plan, during the climate crisis, seemed to be the thing to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Her options are to endorse Biden, and forever be branded as the one who knifed Bernie in exchange for some executive orders on banking regulation or her choice of some assistant Treasury secretaries, or to endorse Bernie, take an outside but still substantial chance of being VP/Treasury Secretary/successor President, and if not, oh well, she's still a powerful Senator, with her relationship with the progressive wing now solidified, and able to influence Biden plenty that way. Like, if she endorses Biden, there's no way this isn't her last Senate term. I don't see her surviving a primary after that. Whereas even in a Biden wins scenario, Senator Warren can be the effective leader of the progressive wing of things as long as she can get herself out of bed and onto the Senate floor.

No one except crazed Bernie fans care about the scenario you are presenting, not in any meaningful way. And certainly not the majority of Warren supporters.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I hope she doesn't endorse either.

pcdC8Br.gif

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
she literally used to be an anti-LGBTQIA+ Republican so?????
Way to sidestep my comment? Did I say she never was a Republican? I very explicitly am talking about her record as a Senator and her platform for presidency this cycle.

Who gives a fuck if she used to be one 40 years ago if she reformed her views.

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017
Elizabeth Warren doesn't owe anyone anything. I hope she endorses the nominee once that's decided.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
Ok? Doesn't change how I feel about their policies. Warren has been my number 1, Bernie my number 2 this whole cycle. I don't see how anything else is even remotely ideologically consistent.

Sure it can be. For instance, one could think Bernie can't win against Trump and would prefer to have Warren with some leverage in Biden's admin pushing it left.

I also don't really see how Warren joining Sanders would really help him. Theoretically, Warren joining Biden broadens Biden's base (as many progressive-leaning voters will stomach Biden if only as not!Trump and would hope that Warren in that camp would push it left) whereas Warren joining Sanders does... what exactly? Progressives who were for Warren over Sanders were not so because Sanders' professed policies are out of sync with Warren's but for other reasons--many of them unchanged whether Warren is in that camp or not. Moderate-to-rights who were for Warren aren't joining Sanders because Warren endorses him.

In any case, I expect her not to endorse anyone. I also think it's unlikely that either campaign chooses her as VP -- two old white people on the ticket isn't going to sit well with the dem base.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It's a shame her campaign team was terrible because she was the best candidate of this primary and my number one pick initially.

Though I'm going to echo what others have said in this thread: she should have dropped a week ago. Splitting the progressive vote didn't help her or Bernie.

She should endorse Biden and hope for a VP slot!

I really like Warren, but we don't need two old white people on the Democratic ticket. You know how tonedeaf that would be?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Bernie supporters don't pretend like they liked Warren all along if she endorses him. The way she's been treated over the past few months fucking disgusts me and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. And we pretend to be progressive. That's such a joke.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I hope she secures promises from the eventual nominee to pass her anti-corruption / good-governance proposals in exchange for her endorsement. An underrated yet highly important part of the platform, IMO.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
What does this mean? She had been distancing herself from Biden for most of the primary.
This means she actually wants to get things done. She's closer to Bernie in policy yes. But Bernie's campaign is over. She knows that Biden can help down ballot to possibly win back the Senate and she will eventually endorse him to take back the government and be able to pass progressive legislature. Warren is not stupid and digging her heels in to help a losing campaign and fracture the party further doesn't do anything to actually help the situation...having all three branches again, even with a more moderate (but still progressive) president can allow her and fellow progressives to push legislation through. What does endorsing Bernie and risking a greater split in the party get her?

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
She's a terrific candidate and I hope she tries again in the future.
But this is the correct move and hopefully she'll endorse Bernie.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I just don't see why she wouldn't endorse Bernie. Biden sure as hell isn't giving her the time of day and she has nothing to lose by endorsing Bernie i don't understand why she isn't doing it right away.