• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, if she was offered a job with an actual large amount of power, or hell even VP, I could see her switching

"feuding" means literally nothing in politics if they have the same goal. Warren might value the fact taht Biden is the clear frontrunner right now and want to get some power while she can. (not to imply this is bad, these are all politicians though)
That's what I'm saying.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Slightly off topic - why does the democratic primary care about states like South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, etc which are almost guaranteed to go red in a presidential election? I know Florida used to be a swing state but not sure that status anymore.
We just going to ignore the opinion of millions of Democrats in this country?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
She's probably still salty that Bernie called her a liar in that debate. I thought i read somewhere that Bernie told his people to be nice to her last night. Maybe he's trying to curry some favor there knowing that her endorsement is a toss up.

Definitely could be the case.

I'd prefer her to endorse Bernie, not so that he's closer to the nom, but in hopes that it would cull Biden to some more progressive stances to win over some of the indifferent voters from Bernies camp (not necessarily the "Bernie Bros"). Anything to push Biden further to the left (but I'll vote blue no matter what).

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In my dreams this primary would have been narrowed down to Bernie vs Warren

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
As a Warren supporter, I hope she endorses Biden and gets some progressive policies as a trade off in the eventual nominees platform.

Also as a fuck you to toxic individuals like you.

Warren supporter here: This is insane. Endorse the person closest to you. There's a lot less to do to get Bernie to take a few of her plans on than there is to get Biden anywhere close to them. Also, Biden doesn't need her. He has the easy path right now. And there's bad blood between Warren and Biden, so he'd need to really need her to get over that. Bernie, on the other hand, is in need of a boost, and also, from the very start, Warren has been his only plausible VP pick. Anyone else would either be read as a sellout by his base, or would involve elevating some obscure backbencher who shares his politics, which would only heighten moderate concern that he's unserious. You can tell how fastidious the campaign has been in never directly attacking her, never directly pushing her to drop out (other than one, I'm guessing unsanctioned Ilhan Omar tweet). They went so far as to leak that their lawyers had confirmed they could make her VP and Secretary of the Treasury at the same time. They're prepared to give her virtually anything.

But no, some spite is worth throwing that out for. Yeah, Bernie knifed her. Yeah, he has some rude supporters. That's the game. Deal with it.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Why does the democratic primary care about states like South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, etc which are almost guaranteed to go red in a presidential election?
Democracy. Dems there should be represented within the party regardless of how their overall state leans during the general. The convention and choice of nominee also greatly determines the party platform which affects all down ballot candidates that are much more viable in these Red states compared to the Presidential candidates.

Please pay no mind to all the states that run caucuses instead of primaries or to the existence of Super Delegates though.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She was the best person for the job.

Hope she stays in the senate but losing your home state makes you look pretty vulnerable to a challenge... Give her AG or Treasury, Biden.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
She didn't go to the center nearly enough. Sure should have run just to the left of Biden instead of just to the right of Bernie. She was never going to win over that cult.

She lost a lot of the purist voters early as they went to Bernie. Now would have been a good time to move to the center but she went way too early. As you can see some of the comments in the other thread were essentially "F her if she doesn't endorse Bernie".

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile kids are in cages and SCOTUS is 2 judges away to ban abortions and gay marriages.

But yes, Biden doesn't want to legalize marijuana, that monster. /s
It should at least be decriminalized with records expunged considering how many people of color and those of lesser means end up with bogus sentences. Not sure why that isn't also a fair concern as well unless you were specifically trying to be dismissive to that poster.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She hates one candidate, and the other has done absolutely nothing at all to merit her endorsement. She's going to keep her mouth shut until it's not a competition any more.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
if she endorses bernie the left has another fighting chance
crazy how basic human rights in the us all depend on whether a single person will be incredibly petty or not

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
Why would she endorse Bernie? There's zero chance he's going to win. It would a terrible move by her.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Tell us how you really feel. Not enough people on Era has told Bernie-supporters yet that everything is his fault and he is not owed anything.

?

I didn't say anything about Bernie supporters. My point was that attacking the only other remaining progressive in the race like the post I quoted is not productive.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think Biden has this in the bag regardless but it'll be interesting to see who she endorses.

Or maybe she endorses nobody.

Oct 25, 2017
Warren supporter here: This is insane. Endorse the person closest to you. There's a lot less to do to get Bernie to take a few of her plans on than there is to get Biden anywhere close to them. Also, Biden doesn't need her. He has the easy path right now. And there's bad blood between Warren and Biden, so he'd need to really need her to get over that. Bernie, on the other hand, is in need of a boost, and also, from the very start, Warren has been his only plausible VP pick. Anyone else would either be read as a sellout by his base, or would involve elevating some obscure backbencher who shares his politics, which would only heighten moderate concern that he's unserious. You can tell how fastidious the campaign has been in never directly attacking her, never directly pushing her to drop out (other than one, I'm guessing unsanctioned Ilhan Omar tweet). They went so far as to leak that their lawyers had confirmed they could make her VP and Secretary of the Treasury at the same time. They're prepared to give her virtually anything.

But no, some spite is worth throwing that out for. Yeah, Bernie knifed her. Yeah, he has some rude supporters. That's the game. Deal with it.

I think getting something in exchange from the eventual nominee that also results in a quicker unification of the Dem party is worth more than endorsing Bernie, who is at this point largely done.

That's my take. Yea, she is closer to Bernie in policy. But this is politics.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Voted for her and it sucks but the support she was able to generate gives me hope that progressives are still out there and there are Americans who will support a woman in the WH...one day.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Definitely could be the case.

I'd prefer her to endorse Bernie, not so that he's closer to the nom, but in hopes that it would cull Biden to some more progressive stances to win over some of the indifferent voters from Bernies camp (not necessarily the "Bernie Bros"). Anything to push Biden further to the left (but I'll vote blue no matter what).

I'm in the same boat but I'm kinda hoping she goes Biden just because i think he's more electable and she'd push him more left as a concession.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Warren was my favorite in this race. I think she had the best policies, they were economically sound and scientifically backed (taxation + climate plan). Not sure where the hate for her came from, she was the only candidate that appeared to actually have a pragmatic solution to America's troubles. Sad to see her go.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie better be begging for her endorsement. She aligns with him the most and they're friends, but Warren is pragmatic and has her eye on the bottom line. If she genuinely believes Biden can beat Trump and Bernie can't, then Bernie fans are in for disappointment.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
She hates one candidate, and the other has done absolutely nothing at all to merit her endorsement. She's going to keep her mouth shut until it's not a competition any more.

This is my take as well. She'll endorse whoever the winner is but no sooner. I must say I would love to see her endorse Biden for the drama alone lol.