• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
My top 3 were:
1. Warren
2. Harris
3. Bernie

That dream is over. I am practical and the most important thing is getting rid of Trump. I will vote for Biden when he is the Democratic nominee. Anything else, is a vote for Trump, make no mistake about that.
I see Kamala as a great VP for both Biden and Bernie. She was my fave, as well.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
She ran an honest campaign and was the leading choice for a fair period, then it sadly fell apart.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who dropped out this past week has endorsed the same day. Let's see what Liz does.

I think she will take time.

I also don't know if an endorsement adds much. I feel like Bernie already peeled off most of the Warren->Sanders voters around the time she hit that polling wall pre-Iowa.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how she can have any integrity and not back Bernie. They're policy stances overlap like 90%+.
Because policy stance isn't the same as ability to do things. She believes in being effective. It's not out of the question she could get a major concession from Biden that would ensure more progressive legislation or oversight from someone more assured to win. That's effective.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
This hurts my heart.

She needs to load all of her plans into a bazooka
and fire them all at Biden's face.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't have to endorse anyone. But I think it would be cool if Bernie asked her to be his VP.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
People need to realize that a Bernie endorsement last week wouldn't save Bernie today. Why would a Bernie endorsement now save him? It won't. It's over for Bernie. Each candidate is responsible for their own campaign.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My candidate , would love to see her as someone's VP.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Please endorse Biden. The sooner Democrats focus on the real enemy, the better.

She will look terrible if she endorses him over Bernie given that just two days ago she said this about all the Democrats endorsing Biden

"No matter how many Washington insiders tell you to support him, nominating a fellow Washington insider will not meet this moment," Warren said at a rally in Los Angeles. "Nominating a man who says we do not need any fundamental change in this country will not meet this moment. And nominating someone who wants to restore the world before Donald Trump, when the status quo has been leaving more and more people behind for decades, is a big risk for our party and for our country."

www.politico.com

Warren warns against Biden's 'Washington insider' endorsements

After her own dispiriting finishes in the early nominating states, Warren is verging on being left behind.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
i wonder why bernie wasn't able to build a strong coalition. perhaps it will forever remain a mystery.
The best part about all the "Warren is splitting the progressive vote!" takes is they're admitting that Warren supporters were progressive all along, which has definitely not always been the case!

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She didn't go to the center nearly enough. Sure should have run just to the left of Biden instead of just to the right of Bernie. She was never going to win over that cult.
Except when she had a literal polling lead over Bernie.

I was a fan of Warren but saw her god awful campaigning and her lack of even trying to appeal to any type of minority besides rich white women and switched

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
She's been feuding with Biden for decades so if she does endorse him that probably means something major happened or was said.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because policy stance isn't the same as ability to do things. She believes in being effective. It's not out of the question she could get a major concession from Biden that would ensure more progressive legislation or oversight from someone more assured to win. That's effective.
It would have to be a gigantic concession like support for M4A or student loan forgiveness to mean a damn.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I like Warren a lot, wish she had done much better in this than she has, but it's long past time she dropped out. VP seems like a poor choice for her though, both in regards to her strengthening either a Biden or Sanders ticket. She would be far better utilized in a cabinet position or just as a Senator.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I voted for Bernie in 2016 and I voted for him again two days ago, but I actually hope that she endorses Biden at this point. It's time to move on and try to win the general election. Endorsing Bernie could only further splinter the democratic party. We need to unite to get Trump out of office. I hope that all Bernie supporters do the same, but if not, enjoy 4 more years of Trump.

She'd be an EXCELLENT VP choice for Biden.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The fact that the drop didn't come with an endorsement is really strange and interesting to me. Everyone else dropped and then backed someone else, so clearly there's some hesitation from her campaign on who to endorse, and how / when to do it.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted her to win but she is right to get out. It will be interesting to see who if anyone she endorses as I don't think its clear cut.

Now that its down to two, has a contested convention been taken off the table? If the remaining delegates are split between the top two will they cross the threshold?

One of them should, yes. The big thing that was possibly causing a contested convention was a second moderate lane candidate restricting Biden from hitting the threshold or moderates as a whole peeling off enough to keep Bernie from gaining a big enough lead, it felt like. With two, one should decisively take a lead now, and Biden has a more favorable path with the remaining states, but Bernie can still do it. It's not over for either, yet.

N0xtis

Nov 19, 2019
NJ, USA
Love, Warren. Sad I did not get to vote for her.

Whatever she decides to do, I'm sure it will be where she thinks she can do the most good.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off topic - why does the democratic primary care about states like South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, etc which are almost guaranteed to go red in a presidential election? I know Florida used to be a swing state but not sure that status anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be pissed if she doesn't endorse Bernie, just the same as I would have been pissed at Bernie if he dropped and didn't endorse her.

In the end, I'm just glad she dropped.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the Dems consolidate faster than last election. That didn't do them any favors.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'll put it this way her endorsing Bernie wouldn't make much of a difference because for some strange reason there is animosity between the two camps despite them being so compatible in their objectives. Her endorsing Biden would make no sense.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's been feuding with Biden for decades so if she does endorse him that probably means something major happened or was said.
Ehhh, if she was offered a job with an actual large amount of power, or hell even VP, I could see her switching

"feuding" means literally nothing in politics if they have the same goal. Warren might value the fact taht Biden is the clear frontrunner right now and want to get some power while she can. (not to imply this is bad, these are all politicians though)

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic - why does the democratic primary care about states like South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, etc which are almost guaranteed to go red in a presidential election? I know Florida used to be a swing state but not sure that status anymore.

yeah we should have less democracy.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Bernie(because I think he was in a stronger position to push progressive ideology in America) but if a Biden endorsement can get her the VP slot she should do it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn shame she couldn't get the traction she needed, I would have preferred to vote for her over Bernie or Biden, but it is what it is once it became clear she wasn't viable.

Wonder who she'll endorse, I honestly don't blame her if she goes for Biden at this point.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
The fact that the drop didn't come with an endorsement is really strange and interesting to me. Everyone else dropped and then backed someone else, so clearly there's some hesitation from her campaign on who to endorse, and how / when to do it.

She's probably still salty that Bernie called her a liar in that debate. I thought i read somewhere that Bernie told his people to be nice to her last night. Maybe he's trying to curry some favor there knowing that her endorsement is a toss up.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Except when she had a literal polling lead over Bernie.

I was a fan of Warren but saw her god awful campaigning and her lack of even trying to appeal to any type of minority besides rich white women and switched
Her supporters initially switched to Pete because a lot of them wanted somebody who was to the left of Biden but to the right of Bernie. When she endorsed M4A, her numbers dropped a ton.