• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Warren Endorses

• Biden

Votes: 390 19.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 688 34.2%
  • Tulsi

Votes: 62 3.1%
  • No one before convention/delegate majority

Votes: 874 43.4%

• Total voters

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
www.nytimes.com

Elizabeth Warren, Once a Front-Runner, Drops Out of Presidential Race (Published 2020)

Ms. Warren, a senator and former law professor, staked her campaign on fighting corruption and changing the rules of the economy.
BOSTON — Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts plans to drop out of the presidential race on Thursday and will inform her staff of her plans later this morning, according to a person close to her, ending a run defined by an avalanche of policy plans that aimed to pull the Democratic Party to the left and appealed to enough voters to make her briefly a front-runner last fall, but that proved unable to translate excitement from elite progressives into backing from the party's more working-class and diverse base.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought most of her supporters were more likely to lean Biden, in ranked choice surveys.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
These are the the question:

Who will she endorse?

Will the endorsement happen before the debate?

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
I was just thinking she would. After Tuesday, I didn't get any emails or texts at all, and I usually get a few each day.

Edit: Please endorse Bernie.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing, but not unexpected.

The good news is, no matter what office she holds she's still a force to be reckoned with. This isn't the last we've seen of Elizabeth Warren, by a long shot.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
She should endorse Biden and hope for a VP slot!

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I am so confused by what leverage she can offer either front runner. She doesn't have a lot of delegates, her vote share was poor, she's almost as old as the other candidates, and her seat is a little vulnerable in that Massachusetts has a powerful suburban Republican Party. But she's a great senator and a lot of her policies and instincts are laudable.

But with how some (not all!) Sanders supporters treated Warren over their "can women win?" conversation, I also question whether Sanders has earned HER loyalty. That stuff is reciprocal. Or does Biden want her support to peel off a minority of less-ardent Sanders supporters, and will he offer policy adjustments in return...?

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Best candidate this round imo, bummed it ended this way

Onto supporting Bernie now. All you Bros better count your allies; the hate for her is unreal and there aren't that many other champions of progressive policies

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she endorses Bernie, he's more than back in it - he's likely the favorite again.

www.nytimes.com

Elizabeth Warren, Once a Front-Runner, Drops Out of Presidential Race (Published 2020)

Ms. Warren, a senator and former law professor, staked her campaign on fighting corruption and changing the rules of the economy.

Because Sanders is somehow owed her endorsement right? You guys are ridiculous. Urrgh.

Anyway, I'm sad about Warren. She was a fasntastic candidate and should have won this. A progressive candidate that would actually be able to pass stuff. She made billionaires cry!!

Oct 25, 2017
wow, right on time

If she doesn't endorse Bernie she can fuck off

people are mad at you for this but you're 100% correct. She can't claim to be a progressive after running this late and then endorsing Biden. But I have esentially zero expectations for her now. Her names mud. She came in third in her own state.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
The writing has been on the wall for a while now, but it's still sad to see. She really was the best of the field. Hurts to see it end.

Maybe some day.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I hope she doesn't endorse anyone until there's a nominee.

Her dropping out is more then enough of a favor to the candidate whos policies hers are closest to. If she does give an endorsement, it's cool though.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
She was my number one. Hopefully she gets a cabinet position. Wonder who she will endorse.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Thank you for your efforts to get more progressive ideas, Senator Warren. Let's consolidate the progressive wing of the party now!

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I am so confused by what leverage she can offer either front runner. She doesn't have a lot of delegates, her vote share was poor, she's almost as old as the other candidates, and her seat is a little vulnerable in that Massachusetts has a powerful suburban Republican Party. But she's a great senator and a lot of her policies and instincts are laudable.

But with how some (not all!) Sanders supporters treated Warren over their "can women win?" conversation, I also question whether Sanders has earned HER loyalty. That stuff is reciprocal. Or does Biden want her support to peel off a minority of less-ardent Sanders supporters, and will he offer policy adjustments in return...?
She literally murdered Bloomberg on live television. If not for that debate I guarantee Bloomberg would have done better.