• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
The rush to judgment people have made about this story is embarrassing. So many people I usually respect have just acted foolish.

I think primaries just make usually rational people act out of character

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing was overblown from the onset.

Warren just assumed it was true and overreacted to it. Which is a bad look for her IMO. Knee-jerk reactions isn't a good presidential trait.

Bernie was defensive, and rightfully so, because Warren is blasting him right on stage.

It took on a life of its own and now everyone is wasting their time on it rather than important debate topics.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017

Warren just assumed it was true and overreacted to it. Which is a bad look for her IMO. Knee-jerk reactions isn't a good presidential trait.

Bernie was defensive, and rightfully so, because Warren is blasting him right on stage.

It took on a life of its own and now everyone is wasting their time on it rather than important debate topics.

What the fuck? Warren reacted to Bernie denying something he said to her face! You can argue that she maybe misunderstood Bernie or Bernie used the wrong words to get his point across ( like he has does multiple-fucking-times!)

But the amount of Bernie fans in the last few days calling her a out and out lair was fucking embarrassing.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
As I expected but here is the rub in all this

Warren and Bernie has ample opportunity to react, coordinate and address this

For now this mess has gotten stupid enough that I, for one, am glad they have dropped it and moved on

I suggest the rest of the fan clubs do the same. We have more important things ahead of us

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CNN is the fucking worst. They should be banned from hosting debates.

Years ago I saw a News 1 NYC debate for Mayor (I think) , it was much more substantive than any cable news presidential debate I've ever seen.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, they both fed this situation and their political instincts were so bad they couldn't predict how their current actions would have played out in the future. Sometimes its better to take a moderate approach instead of fighting just to fight.

Maybe this story will finally die down but I think the damage has been done already, parts of these factions hold grudges like no other. Clearly some already had serious issues before this, the shit the was being said didnt spring up out of nowhere.

Oct 26, 2017
So it's CNN, and others trying to put Warren and sanders against each other because a ticket with both of them would win by 13%, than actual reform would happen

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a progressive, seeing the progressive reaction to this story from the start has been humiliating. We are so easily manipulated, and so eager to tear ourselves apart.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Are you trying to tell me that CNN would start shit right before a debate they were hosting. Why I never!

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations and attacks on the community
I think with the amount of hate ERA has for Bernie, I wouldn't be surprised if this forum turns full alt-right if Bernie gets the nomination.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
This issue won't go away until they clear up what happened. Warren says he said it, Bernie denies it. One of them is lying.

Should either of them get to the general, they're going to have to deal with Trump bringing this up over and over.

Oct 29, 2017
Space

Assumed what was true? The whole crux of this is based on a one-on-one conversation between the two of them.

I think with the amount of hate ERA has for Bernie, I wouldn't be surprised if this forum turns full alt-right if Bernie gets the nomination.

Silly season.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm slightly confused, didn't read the whole thread, but if Warren invited a bunch of journalists and told them that... isn't that planting the information? Not that I want to absolve CNN from the shitshow they created. Shit, I want a Bernie/Warren ticket for 2020, so I hope they can put this behind them.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm slightly confused, didn't read the whole thread, but if Warren invited a bunch of journalists and told them that... isn't that planting the information? Not that I want to absolve CNN from the shitshow they created. Shit, I want a Bernie/Warren ticket for 2020, so I hope they can put this behind them.
Off the record statements are off the record.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I wouldn't kick a Sanders/Warren ticket out of bed.

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it the more I think things line up with Warren's events.

Bernie could certainly have said a woman can't beat Trump while still holding the belief that a woman can be president. They aren't the same thing. Bernie used the excuse that he wanted Warren to run in 2016 and only ran when she declined, so what made 2020 different? Could it be because he doesn't believe a woman can beat Trump?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Warren shouldn't have been talking about the meeting with journalists, even off the record. Stupid thing to do. I'd be just as annoyed with Bernie if he did that.

2. FUCK CNN for pulling this shit for their own ratings and/or to tank Bernie and Warren.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017

You don't even need to have read the thread, just the first line of the OP:

Not long after meeting with Sanders at the end of 2018 to discuss her impending presidential run, Warren hosted an off-the-record dinner with a number of journalists....

1. Warren shouldn't have been talking about the meeting with journalists, even off the record. Stupid thing to do. I'd be just as annoyed with Bernie if he did that.

2. FUCK CNN for pulling this shit for their own ratings and/or to tank Bernie and Warren.

At the end of 20...fucking...18, jeez....

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be happy with a Sanders/Warren ticket. And giving her VP + Treasury Secretary would make her the most powerful VP in our country's history, wouldn't it? Alternatively, I wouldn't be opposed to a ticket with Warren and Yang as VP. He's got some ideas that nobody else is really talking about, and he's been unusually good as a unifying voice. Seems like he's got appeal to the moderates and even some right wingers.

I hope the ship hasn't sailed on the possibility of Sanders + Warren. These two are the most progressive candidates in the field, and I'm still happy to vote for either. This feud seems like it was drawn up more for ratings than anything else, and the only one it helps is Donald Trump...the media approach makes a lot more sense in the context of the fact that these stations might be enjoying some of their best ratings in a while, and that their executives probably don't want that to stop.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I think it's too late for any confirmation either way. People usually don't follow up with the initial story, draw their own conclusions, and it gets muddied on from there.

I wish I could stop watching CNN, but that would require me to have the ability to do so in the first place.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, the ride won't stop. This was fun for like a day or two, eventually people are gonna need to get over this.

I think its pretty obvious people dont want too. Anyone in this thread still trying to stoke this shit or put this on anyone but CNN is looking for a fight, and is literally fighting to keep this shit alive because they prefer it that way. Claiming the intercept is doing damage control for Warren vs Bernie is the height of stupidity. People would rather bend reality than to let this silly shit go.

Can't wait to see the same people blame everyone but themselves when Biden is the runaway Primary winner.

Last edited:

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Do you really believe that was a genuine moment? As if she didnt know she had a mic on her? Come on now.
If Warren had let this go and if she had let Bernie call her a liar, people would be up in arms about her not being tough enough to stand up to Trump. "If she lets Bernie walk all over her, she has no chance against Trump."

So do we want someone who will fight back earnestly, or someone that'll just let their opponent lie and mischaracterize them?

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
'Dat persecution complex in a thread dominated by people calling Warren a calculating liar. Extraordinary.

Why would people be suspicious of someone that pretended to be a person of color for 70 years? Someone that says a private conversation should remain private, even though they recounted their version of what was said to a room of people.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
User banned (1 day): inflammatory language. Recent similar infraction
I fucking hate all of you that made this into a fucking 1000s of posts thread. You fucking actively dangerous pieces of garbage. If you are still stoking the fires of this dumb-ass, very obviously media propagated bullshit to create divisiveness then you are less than usless, you are actively harmful and creating situations in which you will never achieve the things you want because of your fucking pride. Shut the fuck up.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your are embarrassing yourself. Trump will not win because of some insignificant intra-party quibbles and this forum will not turn alt right, what an outrageous and dumb thing to say.

Do better.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate all of you that made this into a fucking 1000s of posts thread. You fucking actively dangerous pieces of garbage. If you are still stoking the fires of this dumb-ass, very obviously media propagated bullshit to create divisiveness then you are less than usless, you are actively harmful and creating situations in which you will never achieve the things you want because of your fucking pride. Shut the fuck up.
Stop posting and put these threads on ignore. In fact after this post I will be putting this thread on ignore.