• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Warren continuing to lift the veil and reveal that she was never progressive all along

She could cheer him on vs trump while also saying that rape is bad. Orrrrrr she can continue kissing Joe's ass and showing where her priorities really stand.

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, if Sanders says it (and in all likelihood if pressed he will probably defend Biden), then fuck him. He can go kick rocks to the ends of the universe if he choose to say something similar to Warren is saying right now.
Agreed. What is even the point of being a leftist or progressive figure if you can't even do the bare minimum?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Warren continuing to lift the veil and reveal that she was never progressive all along

She could cheer him on vs trump while also saying that rape is bad. Orrrrrr she can continue kissing Joe's ass and showing where her priorities really stand.
Saying "I believe that everyone has a right to tell her story, to be listened to, and treated with respect" and that she found what Biden said was credible means she thinks rape is not bad? Ok.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is the last bullet in the chamber to save this country, and that is no hyperbole. They all know this.

All of those who have or know of someone who has survived sexual assault have every right to abstain from this election. Those who have the stomach to vote for Biden so the party may live to fight another day know what they need to do, this is our last chance.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't expect this.

I wonder what Sanders thinks. If he came out and said the same thing...I wonder how people would react.

Not sure why Warren is obligated to not believe Biden if she really does. My hope is that she really does not believe Tara, and she's not just saying despite her personal beliefs. It would be really disappointing if this was just politicing.
The way I see it, you gotta give *some* credit to Biden for not only calling for all relevant documents to be made public, but also for willingly putting himself in a position to be grilled by Mika on live television. People were saying that the media was conspiring to sweep this under the rug, but Mika gave him a pretty thorough grilling. As well as the fact that he didn't come out and call Reade a liar or try to make guesses as to her motivations.

If you look at it from the perspective that Biden *might* in fact be innocent of what he's accused of doing, then I don't see how much better he could have addressed the accusations.

Last edited:

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017

She's still a progressive but time and time again, she has proven herself to be very loyal to her party so this isn't surprising.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I actually didn't expect this.

I wonder what Sanders thinks. If he came out and said the same thing...I wonder how people would react.

Not sure why Warren is obligated to not believe Biden if she really does. My hope is that she really does not believe Tara, and she's not just saying despite her personal beliefs. It would be really disappointing if this was just politicing.
It probably is politicking to a certain extent. If she wants to be VP (and I admit that's just an assumption, though not an unreasonable one), she has no choice, let's face it. It's the sad reality of politics, she's damned either way regardless of her personal beliefs. :\

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Convincing? Wow, did we watch the same interview? Yeah, she is just trying to help the cause. I wish she would have just not responded though. Convincing. pst

Oct 28, 2017
No I will not ignore you blatantly joking about a sexual assault allegation with the implication that it's perfectly fine for a presidential nominee to be a possible rapist, especially right now during allegations.

You inferred quite a lot. We've already had a few threads on the allegations so you can read my posts there if it's that important to you. But right now theres nothing preventing me from voting for Biden because the evidence isnt there yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie, AOC, Warren. All your heroes twisting themselves in knots because they can't see past Trump and democratic unity. You don't have to comment, in fact without evidence nobody should.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
She's still a progressive but time and time again, she has proven herself to be very loyal to her party so this isn't surprising.
It's not like they're mutually exclusive things. You can be progressive and still identify with the Democratic party. Other people will be further left than you, but that's okay. Leftists don't have a monopoly on progressivism, on wanting a better world, or on basic human decency.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Have you even read the responses so far? Yikes dude, you're already on the defensive over nothing.
I mean there's already a multitude of posts calling her a fake progressive, being so desperate for a VP position that she is throwing away her principles, causing Bernie to lose...lol. Bets on who shit on her because the report on what Bernie said months ago, or calling her a snake because she didn't drop out sooner.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You inferred quite a lot. We've already had a few threads on the allegations so you can read my posts there if it's that important to you. But right now theres nothing preventing me from voting for Biden because the evidence isnt there yet.

Whose telling you to not vote for Biden? There's legitimate reasons to vote for Biden. Just don't go into a thread and go "whateverittakes" because in this context it looks horrific.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
She came in third in her own state, which is solidly blue. And she's old. I'd say she's near the very bottom of potential VP picks.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No I will not ignore you blatantly joking about a sexual assault allegation with the implication that it's perfectly fine for a presidential nominee to be a possible rapist, especially right now during allegations.
Report them for making jokes about it. It's what I did and the best thing we can do

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Biden is the last bullet in the chamber to save this country, and that is no hyperbole. They all know this.

All of those who have survived sexual assault have every right to and should abstain from this election. Those who have the stomach to vote for Biden so the party may live to fight another day know what they need to do, this is our last chance.

save this country as in the likes of Biden/Trump/Kavanaugh? The ongoing war machine? For Profit healthcare? Absolutely corrupt damn near everything thats all legal because of lobbying or our gentlemen agreements?. This is a shit sandwich. We got some crumbs with obama. Sure. Sure. And this is what we got afterward. The cycle is just destined to repeat. The people of this country are the problem, not the president. Deaths dont matter to Americans. Nothing happened getting rid of 100's of thousands of muslims, or tossing the black population in prison at birth.

Go biden, while the rest of all non white/males/anything besides straight peoples lives continue to stay damn near the same and are no where near experiencing any sort of equality? That shits getting very old. Worse is the status-quo for many americans. At a certain point more worserererz doesn't seem like much of a change. The campaigns message is just "it can be worse for you. Not us, we will be fine. Lots of us are still on the fence with a lot of this facism ya know? but you? Your people will be the target for sure!"

If hes the last bullet, its going to be a wet ass fart that shits in your ear.

edit:

then it molests you.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie, AOC, Warren. All your heroes twisting themselves in knots because they can't see past Trump and democratic unity. You don't have to comment, in fact without evidence nobody should.

All of your heroes are actually making a difficult decision to save the progressive movement in America. They're doing this to prevent another COVID-19 disaster, they're doing it to prevent a 6-3 Supreme Court, they're doing it because the alternative is so much worse.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
She came in third in her own state, which is solidly blue. And she's old. I'd say she's near the very bottom of potential VP picks.
LOL, exactly! I don't know why some people are so confident she will get the VP nod. It makes absolutely no sense. She is not a popular candidate. Her being added to the ticket will not help at all. She won't be VP

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AOC went on The View to endorse Biden also, did she not? It's good to see the whole party standing behind Joe.

I think people really underestimate just how much everybody in Congress really likes Biden on a personal level. Even Bernie seemed to have a soft spot for him. Bernie of all people!
AOC said she'll vote for Biden, but didn't specifically give support beyond that. It's likely that she'd support whatever the democratic nominee will be against Trump. Specifically about the allegations, I don't get the idea that she stands behind Biden at all:
On Tuesday evening in an online conversation with The Wing, a networking and community space for women, a questioner asked Ocasio-Cortez about the accusation recently leveled against Biden by Tara Reade, who worked for him when he was a Delaware senator in the 1990s. The questioner opposes President Trump's reelection, but also "really resents the fact that the other choice is someone who has a really long history of being creepy to women."

Ocasio-Cortez responded, "What you're voicing is so legitimate and real. That's why I find this kind of silencing of all dissent to be a form of gaslighting."

She went on to say, "I think it's legitimate to talk about these things. And if we want, if we again want to have integrity, you can't say, you know — both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us."

"A lot of us are survivors, and it's really, really hard and uncomfortable." Not discussing allegations is the "exact opposite of integrity" the congresswoman said, adding that it is "not okay" to prioritize beating Trump over discussing sensitive #MeToo issues like these because they are "very legitimate things."
www.cbsnews.com

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "It's legitimate to talk about" allegations against Joe Biden

The New York congresswoman said of the sexual assault allegation against Biden that "silencing of all dissent" is "form of gaslighting."

Also, let's maybe not act as if it's "good to stand behind Joe" when he's denying sexual assault.

UntoldDreams

May 24, 2018
Is there a chance in the mind of people that Biden, despite his obvious "loves to touch" thing, didn't actually do this particular deed?

I mean I get the "I hate Biden I want it to be true" feelings some people have but setting that aside... Is there actually credible evidence? Because i was reading up on all the "why" questions by some prosecutors and although nothing is conclusive there was credible doubt on her part on what she was saying, what she has done, and how she has handled it for the many many years since then?

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Warren is 100% NOT going to be Biden's VP pick for these reasons and also this one- Biden is going to be focused on winning over moderate Republicans and independents. He doesn't need to throw progressives a bone.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
My heart wants to say something about Bernie in all of this, but it's really about Tara. Totally in disbelief about some of the stances these politicians are taking.

Oct 25, 2017
save this country as in the likes of Biden/Trump/Kavanaugh? The ongoing war machine? For Profit healthcare? Absolutely corrupt damn near everything thats all legal because of lobbying or our gentlemen agreements?. This is a shit sandwich. We got some crumbs with obama. Sure. Sure. And this is what we got afterward. The cycle is just destined to repeat. The people of this country are the problem, not the president. Deaths dont matter to Americans. Nothing happened getting rid of 100's of thousands of muslims, or tossing the black population in prison at birth.

Go biden, while the rest of all non white/males/anything besides straight peoples lives continue to stay damn near the same and are no where near experiencing any sort of equality? That shits getting very old. Worse is the status-quo for many americans. At a certain point more worserererz doesn't seem like much of a change. The campaigns message is just "it can be worse for you. Not us, we will be fine. Lots of us are still on the fence with a lot of this facism ya know? but you? Your people will be the target for sure!"

If hes the last bullet, its going to be a wet ass fart that shits in your ear.

edit:

then it molests you.
I'm not voting for Biden, I'm voting for the Supreme Court Justice seats. If you can't see how much worse off we'll be for a generation if we lose those seats, your imagination is deficient.

Oct 29, 2017
I mean there's already a multitude of posts calling her a fake progressive, being so desperate for a VP position that she is throwing away her principles, causing Bernie to lose...lol. Bets on who shit on her because the report on what Bernie said months ago, or calling her a snake because she didn't drop out sooner.
What exactly would you expect a progressive to say when asked about something like this? Ignoring the others because saying those things is wrong, the second point especially might not be wrong in this case. As for the first I think a lot of people have been disappointed by things she's said multiple times over the past months which makes them question her positions. I fully expect people to be angry if Sanders said the same thing as Warren.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
AOC said she'll vote for Biden, but didn't specifically give support beyond that. It's likely that she'd support for whatever the democratic nominee will be against Trump. Specifically about the allegations, I don't get the idea that she stands behind Biden at all:

www.cbsnews.com

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "It's legitimate to talk about" allegations against Joe Biden

The New York congresswoman said of the sexual assault allegation against Biden that "silencing of all dissent" is "form of gaslighting."
Damn, she is so good. Can't wait for that AOC presidency.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility, trolling, account in junior phase
If any of y'all support this democratic party this year, y'all have no spine. They had a chance to be revolutionary instead its come to this. Don't vote.

Arm chair politics - righteous bullshit. This stuff is comedy because there is no difference between this party and the other. Straight up.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She probably would've been better off taking the AOC approach to this question, but I'm assuming this is positioning for a VP spot.
Congrats on Warren for successfully blocking Bernie then becoming Joe's VP pick. Sigh.
I swear I read this nonsense in every Warren-related thread.
If any of y'all support this democratic party this year, y'all have no spine. They had a chance to be revolutionary instead its come to this. Don't vote.

Arm chair politics - righteous bullshit. This stuff is comedy because there is no difference between this party and the other. Straight up.
Nah, it ain't that simple or binary. How about you not tell people how they should vote/not vote.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020

If we take this attitude Trump wins. Gotta hold your nose and vote for Biden because a Biden presidency will make us better off than a Trump one.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Is there a chance in the mind of people that Biden, despite his obvious "loves to touch" thing, didn't actually do this particular deed?

I mean I get the "I hate Biden I want it to be true" feelings some people have but setting that aside... Is there actually credible evidence? Because i was reading up on all the "why" questions by some prosecutors and although nothing is conclusive there was credible doubt on her part on what she was saying, what she has done, and how she has handled it for the many many years since then?
prosecutors aren't exactly the best authority on what represents credible evidence against given how poorly assault is handled in the justice system. Maybe in a courtroom setting but we aren't in one.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL, exactly! I don't know why some people are so confident she will get the VP nod. It makes absolutely no sense. She is not a popular candidate. Her being added to the ticket will not help at all. She won't be VP

Sen. Elizabeth Warren leads a new CBS poll for Joe Biden's running mate, with 36 percent of registered Democrats naming the Massachusetts senator as their top vice presidential pick.

The poll—which also found an overwhelming 71 percent of voters saying that Warren should at least be considered for the spot—cited economic expertise and crisis management as the leading qualities they wanted to see in Biden's choice. If he wins in November, Biden has previously signaled that he may only serve one term, making his pick for VP all the more consequential.

www.motherjones.com

Warren tops new poll for Biden's VP

Meanwhile, Biden said that the campaign is looking at "more than a dozen women" for the pick.

Oct 25, 2017
Warren is 100% NOT going to be Biden's VP pick for these reasons and also this one- Biden is going to be focused on winning over moderate Republicans and independents. He doesn't need to throw progressives a bone.
The whole reason Obama picked Biden was to win over over moderate Republicans and independents. I think he himself has got that range covered. If he's looking for a unifying vote, a progressive VP will leave no stone unturned.