• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
thehill.com

Warren calls Biden’s denial of sexual assault claim ‘credible’ and ‘convincing,’ says she proudly supports him

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) told reporters late Monday that she found presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s denial of sexual assault allegations by a former Senate aide “credi…

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) told reporters late Monday that she found presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's denial of sexual assault allegations by a former Senate aide "credible" and "convincing."

Warren, whose name has been floated as a possible Biden running mate, said she watched the former vice president's tense interview with Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Friday, when for the first time he addressed the claims in a media interview, adding that she was happy with how he answered "tough" questions.
Tara Reade has alleged that Biden pushed her up against a wall and sexually assaulted her in the Capitol when he was a senator in 1993.

Biden, however, told MSNBC last week that "it never, never happened."

Warren, one of the most prominent women in the Democratic Party, said on Monday that she believes Biden.
"I believe that everyone has a right to tell her story, to be listened to, and treated with respect," Warren told reporters after she walked into the Capitol for a late afternoon vote.

"I saw the reports of [what] Ms. Reade said, I saw the interview with Vice President Biden. I appreciate that the vice president took a lot of questions, tough questions — and that he answered them directly and respectfully."

The progressive senator also said "the vice president's answers were credible and convincing."
"I support the vice president, I support his campaign and I am proud to have endorsed him for president," she said. "I think that the 2020 election will be about is who this country works for. And the vice president is fighting every day for an America that doesn't just work for a handful of people at the top."

Later asked if she thinks an independent investigation into Reade's claims, something a couple other Democratic senators have endorsed, is needed, Warren said: "I think what the vice president has said is convincing, and I support him."

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
AOC went on The View to endorse Biden also, did she not? It's good to see the whole party standing behind Joe.

I think people really underestimate just how much everybody in Congress really likes Biden on a personal level. Even Bernie seemed to have a soft spot for him. Bernie of all people!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Later asked if she thinks an independent investigation into Reade's claims, something a couple other Democratic senators have endorsed, is needed, Warren said: "I think what the vice president has said is convincing, and I support him."

Come on Warren...If you believe him, then you have no reason to fear an investigation.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
this is not surprising, while biden sucks they know they kinda have no choice but to support him otherwise trump will burn the country down in his 2nd term if he gets elected

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
No brainer; we are past the 'Come to Jesus' moment and everyone is all in till November. Its obvious the political establishment has settled on anyone but Trump and well, kinda hard not to see why

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Warren has turned into such a disappointment. I feel so sorry for Tara Reade with this statement by a woman she admired. Just sickening and sad.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Talk about burying the lede. Of course both the allegations and the response are credible and convincing. That's what makes the whole thing difficult. It's basically a Rorscach.

edit: OP, while technically true, that's a misleading title. She isn't saying she believes Tara BUT despite that, proudly supports Biden. She's saying both testimonies are credible and persuasive...

blomby

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Warren dropping progressive stances in order to secure a higher seat at the table? I'm shocked!

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on Warren for successfully blocking Bernie then becoming Joe's VP pick. Sigh.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Come on Warren...If you believe him, then you have no reason to fear an investigation.

Maybe I'm wrong but won't any investigation into Reade's claim always end up at the National Archive? That is where she says the complaint is and Biden already publicly requested its release and got denied.

An independent investigation won't get the Senate Archives to release that info would it?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but won't any investigation into Reade's claim always end up at the National Archive? That is where she says the complaint is and Biden already publicly requested its release and got denied.

An independent investigation won't get the Senate Archives to release that info would it?
I doubt it, but I think it's worth a try.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't we try not to outright deny allegations of sexual assault unless there is significant evidence against it? Can people not apply the Schrodinger's Cat scenario into this and acknowledge that, even if they wanna believe Joe is a stand-up human being, that there is a real potential chance that he did what he's accused of?

No, lets just have a bunch of prominent Dems outright denying the possibility that Reade's telling the truth, despite little evidence either way. That'll really help future sexual assault victims feel like they can come forward and be believed...

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she's not the VP pick, I look forward to donating $2800 to whoever her primary challenger is when the time comes.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I actually didn't expect this.

I wonder what Sanders thinks. If he came out and said the same thing...I wonder how people would react.

Not sure why Warren is obligated to not believe Biden if she really does. My hope is that she really does not believe Tara, and she's not just saying despite her personal beliefs. It would be really disappointing if this was just politicing.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone really willing to just make themselves look like a fucking clown over this.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
What really excites me about Warren is the fact that Wall Street executives seem to *terrified* of what she could accomplish as President. She's competent as all hell.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's Big Gretch and it's not even close.

Clinching that Michigan vote would make this election a whole lot easier. It's an uphill battle for Trump imo, beyond trying to get re-elected while mishandling a pandemic and economic crisis. November will feel like years away with this administration though. Who knows what we'll be up to by then. Trump's impeachment trial ended THIS YEAR. Like wtf.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't expect this.

I wonder what Sanders thinks. If he came out and said the same thing...I wonder how people would react.

Not sure why Warren is obligated to not believe Biden if she really does. My hope is that she really does not believe Tara, and she's not just saying despite her personal beliefs. It would be really disappointing if this was just politicing.

I mean, if Sanders says it (and in all likelihood if pressed he will probably defend Biden), then fuck him. He can go kick rocks to the ends of the universe if he choose to say something similar to Warren is saying right now.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
"Bold."
"Willing to compromise"
"Certainly not reptile-like"

Heh, I didn't mean to imply sexism or anything. I'm just surprised that people are so willing to denounce her or write it off as her being a two-faced politician. Sanders is often held up around here as someone who will not....more curious if people will turn on him so quickly too.

Given this is Warren, I'm just not so willing to write her off just because she stated she doesn't believe a rape occurred. It doesn't strike me as a result of sexist dismissal of women, and it doesn't strike me as Warren attempting to undermine #metoo.

I mean, if Sanders says it (and in all likelihood if pressed he will probably defend Biden), then fuck him. He can go kick rocks to the ends of the universe if he choose to say something similar to Warren is saying right now.

If this is really what Warren believes though, and who she chooses to believe, not because she thinks women are liars or because she thinks sexual harassment and rape claims are overblown, but rather in this specific instance she doesn't agree...yeah I can't condone her.

This isn't her taking a stance on an issue like sexual harassment. This is her taking a stance on an instance/incident.

I guess I could see why perhaps in prominent cases, taking a stance on an instance is taking a stance on an issue (for example, stating the police did nothing wrong in a prominent case that resulted in the death of a minority that was being touted as an example of police brutality), and if that's the message that will be sent then it will be disappointing Warren didn't just keep her mouth shut about it.

Last edited:

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
If she stoops to this and still doesn't get picked as VP, well, I'm too sad about it to actually laugh but it'd really be something.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
She wants to be VP sooo bad. All these politicians will do anything to get that sweet sweet powah.