• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I had no idea. I bought stuff from them once March last year. Never again. Look at alternatives like Yesasia and CDJapan.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there another site to import FFX/X2 Switch from? Really don't want to be forced to download X2.

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
I just bought something from them yesterday, didn't know. Well.. I rarely buy from them so I have no problem pulling my business from them.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Also - you can easily get cheaper imports elsewhere. Play-Asia has you paying extra for no reason other than it being a name.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon.co.jp has the standard edition for about $40 shipped to the US, and also has the collector's edition available.

Cool, thanks! Already ordered tho. But there really should be some kind of a collection post for people who want to buy the Phoenix Wright trilogy as physical. Or other import games as it may be.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I stopped using Play-Asia after they yanked my chain repeatedly when I ordered Aquanaut's Holiday for PS3 back in the day. It was available, it wasn't, it shipped, it didn't, on backorder etc... was fucking ridic.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Had no idea about this.

Anyway, Amazon Japan is amazing. I still have no idea how they can ship so quickly and cheap from Japan to the middle of the US. It's incredibly impressive.

So yeah, that's my alternative. Thanks for the thread. I won't buy from PlayAsia.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna import the new DMC art book, but unfortunately I'm completely out of the loop. Only thing I know is that PlayAsia is run by trash. Where's the best place to order game-related books? And what's cheaper between ordering it online and getting friends locally to buy for me and ship it to me? I live in Europe, if that helps.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I wanna import the new DMC art book, but unfortunately I'm completely out of the loop. Only thing I know is that PlayAsia is run by trash. Where's the best place to order game-related books? And what's cheaper between ordering it online and getting friends locally to buy for me and ship it to me? I live in Europe, if that helps.

Definitely Amazon.co.jp for Japanese Game Books.

Not sure if what you're looking for is listed but: https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=devil+may+cry

Is there another site to import FFX/X2 Switch from? Really don't want to be forced to download X2.
Also on Amazon Co JP.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/ファイナルファンタジーX-X-2-HD-Remaster-Switch/dp/B07MJQPMZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551318917&sr=8-1&keywords=final+fantasy+x

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ever since they opened up more on international orders, Amazon JP has definitely been my go-to for imports.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
These social media reps tend to feel SO STRONGLY about their own ideals that they'll go out of their way to ruin the company they work for's image...

I don't understand the thought process behind someone, who knows that they have a very controversial opinion, putting it on display for the public to see, except doing so disguised as the company (who's goal is, in most cases, to seem as neutral as possible) they work for...do they not know they could get in a lot of trouble for this?...

EDIT: Wow, this thread is nearly a year old...was not paying attention...

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering what alternatives there are to playasia if I want to order something like the dragonquest exclusive switch?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering what alternatives there are to playasia if I want to order something like the dragonquest exclusive switch?

Amazon Japan. Really, for JP games specifically you can go with Amazon for pretty much everything.

Now, SEA titles? Yeah you're kinda stuck with Play-Asia. There used to be some half-decent competition but now you're either dealing with sketchy ebay sellers or mariio128 which hasn't updated their website in months.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Here's another reason to not to give Play-Asia your business: They now require signatures for your items.

Not everyone is at home just to see whatever a mail man (or a mail lady) comes through your house or your apartment just to deliver your item, especially on Fridays & Saturdays. I now have to go to the post office in my area just to get the game that I've bought from them. Ridiculous.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Here's another reason to not to give Play-Asia your business: They now require signatures for your items.

Not everyone is at home just to see whatever a mailman (or a mail-woman) comes through your house or your apartment just to deliver your item, especially on Fridays & Saturdays. I now have to go to the post office in my area just to get the game that I've bought from them. Ridiculous.

Almost any imported package will require a signature, and most of the time you can make an account with the courier and authorize delivery beforehand so they don't need one at time of delivery.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I now have to go to the post office in my area just to get the game that I've bought from them. Ridiculous.

That's actually USPS mailing policy:

Signing for Mail
Some pieces of mail require a signature from the recipient at the time of delivery. This includes items sent with Priority Mail Express (if requested), Certified Mail, Collect on Delivery, Insured Mail (over $500), Registered Mail, Return Receipt, Signature Confirmation, and Adult Signature.

Your package is most likely with priority mail express.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

Not everyone is at home just to see whatever a mail man (or a mail lady) comes through your house or your apartment just to deliver your item, especially on Fridays & Saturdays. I now have to go to the post office in my area just to get the game that I've bought from them. Ridiculous.

notsureifserious.gif

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
An imported package requiring a signature is absolutely not a legit reason to hate Play-Asia, doubly so when there are legit reasons to.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
They never even gave me a warning saying that they require signatures for your games.

Last edited:

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I know the thread is a bit old but just to add, if you need a play-Asia alternative for asian/hk releases, consider buygame2.com. They were my main goto for years for imports until amazon.jp & amiami.