• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility, prior bans for hostility
Business people bad
Developer people good

(Nah but seriously it's funny seeing people go "Oh no, poor Naughty Dog!" for this when the vast majority of people here actively celebrate direct leaks of people's work when it comes to game announcements, marketing plans, etc)
Yeah, a game being leaked before its official announcement is absolutely the same as plot points from a game being leaked and ruining the experience for several players. Yup, totally the same. Try to make an actual argument at least, it's not that hard when you think about it just a little.
For the record, I don't care how much this impacts ND, I want to experience the story fresh and this sort of sentiment happens with every highly anticipated game, you even see people going on "media blackout". But you knew that already.

Anyway, on actual stuff typed using some degree of common sense: Time for me to step away from Twitter, FB and YT I guess. At this point I suppose this completely changes the release plan.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That first trailer of Joel being a "ghost" may actually be true after reading this.

Everything is full circle lol.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
The plot sounds godawful. Welp, I'll wait for the Factions multiplayer, so it's not a total loss.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a game being leaked before its official announcement is absolutely the same as plot points from a game being leaked and ruining the experience for several players. Yup, totally the same. Try to make an actual argument at least, it's not that hard when you think about it just a little.
For the record, I don't care how much this impacts ND, I want to experience the story fresh and it happens with every highly anticipated game, you even see people going on "media blackout". But you knew that already.

Anyway, on actual stuff typed using some degree of common sense: Time for me to step away from Twitter, FB and YT I guess. At this point I suppose this completely changes the release plan.
It absolutely is because guest what - people fucking work on that game too in the marketing team. You would not have the attachment to many companies or games without those people so sorry, your argument is shit

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Oh man OH MAN

GUYS, NOW I REALISED THAT

That ripped woman in the trailer was NOT Ellie's mom!! She was ABBY!! I recognized her from the clip that I've just watched. She is the one killing Joel!! You control her for half of the game. You control the WOMAN THAT KILLED JOEL

This is NOT Anna, Ellie's mom. This is
fucking ABBY

Oh wow, Naughty Dog

I dont know what you are doing. My mind is blown.

Quoting this to the new page, since I think that this discovery is relevant

I really don't like what ND did to the story, if the leaks turns out to be true

But I'll play it regardless

Oct 27, 2017
Found this on reddit, posted 22 days ago. Might be interesting now...

Reddit post:
Someone in the comments of the video said they saw a potentially true leak that says Joel AND Ellie both die. Joel is killed in the first few hours by Abby, the daughter of the surgeon you kill in Part One. This is apparently what happens in that scene in the trailer where Ellie's being held down. Ellie dies at the end of the story, but he wasn't told how. Jesse and Dina live. You play as Abby for half the game.
I absolutely believe this because it's the complete opposite of what I want and what every fan wants, and that's how literally every fictional property (except maybe Marvel?) has seemed to be going, lol.
It makes sense too, with what we know-- Ashley Johnson cried when she first heard the story, that PSX thing where both of them sang that ominous Johnny Cash song, Abby being the daughter of the murdered surgeon speaks to the whole, "cycle of violence", theme that Neil and Haley Gross keep repeating.
Troy Baker just said something like, "The Last of Us Part II will make fans question everything". According to this guy, Ellie is portrayed as the bad guy because of her body count, and so showing Joel and Ellie from the perspective of someone who had their life destroyed by them would certainly make us, "question everything".
Again, not the story I want, and if this is true, both Neil and Gross are going to be burned at the fucking stake by fans.

why would the surgeon be relevant at all I'm calling bullshit

sasnak

Dec 4, 2018
"The Last of Us 2 spoilers are reportedly from a disgruntled employee over a payment dispute with Naughty Dog. When things didn't go their way.....bam, MAJOR plot spoilers got leaked. Some really angry, tired and fed up people working at ND, I think we could see this coming sadly."

got this from twitter just now..
I don't even know what to say if that's true. That's a shame. Completely preventable too.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Reddit post:
Someone in the comments of the video said they saw a potentially true leak that says Joel AND Ellie both die. Joel is killed in the first few hours by Abby, the daughter of the surgeon you kill in Part One. This is apparently what happens in that scene in the trailer where Ellie's being held down. Ellie dies at the end of the story, but he wasn't told how. Jesse and Dina live. You play as Abby for half the game.
I absolutely believe this because it's the complete opposite of what I want and what every fan wants, and that's how literally every fictional property (except maybe Marvel?) has seemed to be going, lol.
It makes sense too, with what we know-- Ashley Johnson cried when she first heard the story, that PSX thing where both of them sang that ominous Johnny Cash song, Abby being the daughter of the murdered surgeon speaks to the whole, "cycle of violence", theme that Neil and Haley Gross keep repeating.
Troy Baker just said something like, "The Last of Us Part II will make fans question everything". According to this guy, Ellie is portrayed as the bad guy because of her body count, and so showing Joel and Ellie from the perspective of someone who had their life destroyed by them would certainly make us, "question everything".
Again, not the story I want, and if this is true, both Neil and Gross are going to be burned at the fucking stake by fans.
Is this what happens when you take the "Nake is a mass murderer!" comments seriously

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The Last of Us 2 spoilers are reportedly from a disgruntled employee over a payment dispute with Naughty Dog. When things didn't go their way.....bam, MAJOR plot spoilers got leaked. Some really angry, tired and fed up people working at ND, I think we could see this coming sadly."

If that's the case then good on them, hopefully it leads to change at ND over working conditions

I hope the whole plot about
ellie dying at the hands of some child of some randi from the first game are wrong, because that just sounds like a horrible idea.... yes, let's kill our first prominent gay character along with the beloved deuteragonist of the first game while letting two newbs lived... makes perfect sense.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I hope they bring the date up even if that means mostly digital. I'm worried even posting in this thread about that practicality as even tagged spoilers and comments about e spoilers are themselves indirect spoilers or at least putting thoughts in my head.

Oct 27, 2017
People see some major plot spoilers out of context of experiencing the game and the reaction is:

"God how fucking terrible sounds like a shit game"

Like really y'all? Nothing fucking special about the first game's plot at all out of context either. It's a ho-hum post apocalypse game if you view the major beats in a vacuum.

It's the performances, writing, and execution in scope of a greater experience. Think some of you would know that by now if you e played story driven games ever.

But if they didn't do anything radically new this would get roasted as nothing but a rehash of the first anyway. Sometimes creators are truly fucked regardless of what they try.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean let's be honest

Joel dying is the most obvious "spoiler" ever. Dude had a death flag waving over him the second he was confirmed in the sequel.

Now you playing a new character, that ends up killing him, now that is a big spoiler.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean let's be honest

Joel dying is the most obvious "spoiler" ever. Dude had a death flag waving over him the second he was confirmed in the sequel.

Now you playing a new character, that ends up killing him, now that is a big spoiler.

I think it sounds cool. What other game does that? At least on the AAA scale.

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a trainwreck. My stomach actually hurts from laughing. Also, holy shit at that ending. The reactions will destroy this site lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
People blaming Sony even though the game wasn't going to come until next month anyway?

damn y'all sad.

People say "games deserve to be leaked because publishers don't announce games soon enough!" the day before E3

There's literally no scenario where a game publisher/developer who suffers a leak doesn't in some way "deserve it."

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I dont even like the game but this is clearly an over reaction. No one has any idea how this is going to be framed or presented.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rumour mongering on Twitter or proof from a source?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
this wouldn't be so bad if the game had a release date but because it doesn't there's no way i'm not going to click or find the video someday by next week lol

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I really want to know if there will be more than one ending

One for Ellie winning the fight agains Abby, one with Abby winning

Right now I'm in shock.

They went with one wild route with this one

Oct 26, 2017
We'll get a lot better and more accurate info about where this leak was from and what is actually true within the next few days as I doubt the leaker will stop leaking.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Reddit post:

If this really is the story LMAO at this .

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
TLOU Part 2 vs The next GoW comparisons are going to be real insteresting come next gen...
It would be really Interesting if both Joel and Kratos's "redemption" lied in making sure their children did not repeat the same mistakes they did in their lives. Joel fails, and Ellie gets killed for it, Kratos succeeds, Atreus survives.... If that were the case, regardless of execution, people will likely favour the less nihilistic ending. All fun speculation.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
This thread needs threadmarks...

Can someone tell me if Seattle will be important to the story? As in, will a big chunk of the game be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.