• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Since yesterday I found the game super choppy

made some tests

120hz VRR : choppy
60hz without vrr : good
120hz without vrr : choppy
60hz with vrr : good

Results : don't put 120hz for this game

Xbox really has issue with this setting

120Hz and VRR has been great for me in multiplayer. Super smooth.

I have a Samsung Q90R, not an LG though.

Oct 27, 2017
Since yesterday I found the game super choppy

made some tests

120hz VRR : choppy
60hz without vrr : good
120hz without vrr : choppy
60hz with vrr : good

Results : don't put 120hz for this game

Xbox really has issue with this setting

We know the CX has VRR issues right now. Have you tried it on your C9?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Hey OP, how about throw on a YMMV
??

Warzone has never felt better on my C9

Too many people this week are throwing out blanket statements on both xbox and ps5. These systems are brand new and being widely distributed for the very first time with new tech features that are making their debut. There will be bugs!!

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Modern Warfare was one of the first games I played on my Series X/C9 combo and I experience smooth-as-butter 60fps throughout 2 matches.

When I upgraded to the 5.0 firmware on my C9, I reset the TV to factory defaults and unplugged my AVR and C9 for over 10 minutes to reset the HDMI handshake between connected devices.

??
I agree, that clarification should be made, now that there's enough count-posts citing things are okay for some users.

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Modern Warfare was one of the first games I played on my Series X/C9 combo and I experience smooth-as-butter 60fps throughout 2 matches.

When I upgraded to the 5.0 firmware on my C9, I reset the TV to factory defaults and unplugged my AVR and C9 for over 10 minutes to reset the HDMI handshake between connected devices.

I agree, that clarification should be made, now that there's enough count-posts citing things are okay for some users.
Try with vrr ?

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Yes and I am using the CX as well. Also notice when you take it off of 120hz you lose the RGB 4:4:4 and therefore cant use the HDMI input for PC. That's another road to travel tho.

I am just glad this workaround worked because it was making me sick. Hoping this doesn't happen in Cold War
What's this about? You have to reset the tv to regain proper functionality on that hdmi port?

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I gave Warzone a go on my C9 with VRR now, and I'm seeing the same thing as Falus. Choppy with 120hz VRR, smooth with 60hz VRR.

Try to pan the camera slowly, and it should be pretty obvious.

OP
OP
Falus

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
??

Warzone has never felt better on my C9

Too many people this week are throwing out blanket statements on both xbox and ps5. These systems are brand new and being widely distributed for the very first time with new tech features that are making their debut. There will be bugs!!
I have 2 Xbox serie x. One lg 77cx and one 65c9. Both serie c on both tv have this issue in Multiplayer with 120hz active in Xbox settings. I can't think it's an issue only for me

I gave Warzone a go on my C9 with VRR now, and I'm seeing the same thing as Falus. Choppy with 120hz VRR, smooth with 60hz VRR.

Try to pan the camera slowly, and it should be pretty obvious.
yeah if you move the camera around too fast it's tough to see. But going a bit slower it's obvious.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warzone was buttery smooth for me at 120hz VRR on my C9 but maybe your talking about the standard MW Multiplayer?
Yeah odd, 120hz VRR is buttery on my C9 as well. Little to no stuttering and I'm usually really sensitive to that stuff. I'll have to check again today with a more sensitive eye.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I have 2 Xbox serie x. One lg 77cx and one 65c9. Both serie c on both tv have this issue in Multiplayer with 120hz active in Xbox settings. I can't think it's an issue only for me

Hey man I'm sorry you are having problems, but there are plenty of people with no issues at all.

The screen tearing on Warzone used to drive me crazy, and with XSX I've never experienced smoother play

It's fair to say "SOME" sets and consoles might have an issue, but this is very far from 1:1.

Also, there is a troubleshooting thread already, I don't think it's necessary to create this thread which is nothing but

A. Me too!!
B. Not for me!!
A. Same
B. No problems here

(Our two posts follow this rule also)

Good luck with fixing your setup though obviously.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Had a quick look and going to WarZone from Wold War, Warzone is so much smother and clearer.

I would say Warzone is working perfectly on the Series X on my LG E9

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey man I'm sorry you are having problems, but there are plenty of people with no issues at all.

The screen tearing on Warzone used to drive me crazy, and with XSX I've never experienced smoother play
What tv are you using and what resolution/refresh rate are you running and do you have VRR and auto latency mode enabled?

WpX

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
What's this about? You have to reset the tv to regain proper functionality on that hdmi port?

No. When you have the Xbox set at 120hz you have 4:4:4 support meaning you can change the hdmi input to pc input even if you are just playing on the series x. It provides a cleaner picture but most I'm sure won't even notice. When you change the Xbox setting to only put out 60hz it goes back to 4:2:0 I believe. This is all whatever to most people. This is for the CX TV as I can't speak for any other tv.

On modern warfare, either warzone or mulitiplayer, on this specific tv, you have to turn 120hz off on the Xbox and select 60hz instead. This will instantly smooth out there game. If you have tbis specific tv (CX) and you want to test this, then create a private match in multiplayer and go to any map that is gonna give you a brick building. Go up to the building and strafe left to right while looking at the building kinda close to it.

Now completely close out the game, change the Xbox from 120hz to 60hz. You will notice a difference big time.

The reason the works so well against a brick wall is because this seems to be triggered most when a pattern is in front of you. This also happens with wallpaper inside buildins and even the rippled shaping of shipping crates. In the gulag before you are fighting it's very noticable.

To describe how it looks, it's like frames are freezing as you slowly scan left to right and then it jerks and catches up. Again, this is on a CX.

For those above, this is a real issue. It's actually a known issue with Microsoft as stated here. The solution to dial down from 120 -> 60 hz is here too.

answers.microsoft.com

Known Issues on Xbox Series X|S

Last Updated: 3/22/2021 at 5:00PM PST Hi there, It's an exciting time. The Xbox Series X|S consoles have both launched and we hope you're enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming. In the

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! I was gearing up for this very thing as we jump into the new tech so was watching out for it.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
What tv are you using and what resolution/refresh rate are you running and do you have VRR and auto latency mode enabled?

C9
VRR
ALLM
Latest firmware
HDMI 2.1 Cable provided by XSX

I have everything you could possibly need enabled and calibrated.

I never dismissed OP, I just said it's not 1:1 issue, as many other posters have confirmed.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
No. When you have the Xbox set at 120hz you have 4:4:4 support meaning you can change the hdmi input to pc input even if you are just playing on the series x. It provides a cleaner picture but most I'm sure won't even notice. When you change the Xbox setting to only put out 60hz it goes back to 4:2:0 I believe. This is all whatever to most people. This is for the CX TV as I can't speak for any other tv.

On modern warfare, either warzone or mulitiplayer, on this specific tv, you have to turn 120hz off on the Xbox and select 60hz instead. This will instantly smooth out there game. If you have tbis specific tv (CX) and you want to test this, then create a private match in multiplayer and go to any map that is gonna give you a brick building. Go up to the building and strafe left to right while looking at the building kinda close to it.

Now completely close out the game, change the Xbox from 120hz to 60hz. You will notice a difference big time.

The reason the works so well against a brick wall is because this seems to be triggered most when a pattern is in front of you. This also happens with wallpaper inside buildins and even the rippled shaping of shipping crates. In the gulag before you are fighting it's very noticable.

To describe how it looks, it's like frames are freezing as you slowly scan left to right and then it jerks and catches up. Again, this is on a CX.

For those above, this is a real issue. It's actually a known issue with Microsoft as stated here. The solution to dial down from 120 -> 60 hz is here too.

answers.microsoft.com

Last Updated: 3/22/2021 at 5:00PM PST Hi there, It's an exciting time. The Xbox Series X|S consoles have both launched and we hope you're enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming. In the
I have this tv. How do you change it to PC input? Simply re-label it to PC?

WpX

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I have this tv. How do you change it to PC input? Simply re-label it to PC?

yes,press and hold the input button. When the proper screen comes up in the top right click the settings cog wheel, you can then change the controller icon on the hdmi you are using and switch it to pc.

To see this done, you can watch him do it here in this video at the 11:40 mark

youtu.be

LG CX/ C9 Recommended Best Settings for Xbox Series X (4K@120Hz, VRR, HDR)

We go through our recommended best settings on a 48-inch LG CX OLED TV to obtain the highest picture quality (4k@120fps, VRR, HDR & 4:4:4 chroma) while maint...

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
C9 here. I just tested Modern Warfare and I could see some hitching. It's subtle, but it's there.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't tested on my CX yet but apparently according to that Microsoft link I could potentially keep 120hz if I changed it to 1440p, but I'd really rather not. Either way I'm having to change something. Either give up 4K or give up 120hz. It's annoying to have to change anything. What is he using to test the frame rate?

That is a setting from his monitor

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
yes,press and hold the input button. When the proper screen comes up in the top right click the settings cog wheel, you can then change the controller icon on the hdmi you are using and switch it to pc.

To see this done, you can watch him do it here in this video at the 11:40 mark

youtu.be

LG CX/ C9 Recommended Best Settings for Xbox Series X (4K@120Hz, VRR, HDR)

We go through our recommended best settings on a 48-inch LG CX OLED TV to obtain the highest picture quality (4k@120fps, VRR, HDR & 4:4:4 chroma) while maint...
Thank you. I'll give it a go tonight.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Seems like I have no issues whatsoever in COD Cold War! 4K 120Hz with VRR enabled on my CX.
Just did a quick match against bots and it looked very smooth. Going to test it further in a bit after dinner.

WpX

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I can confirm this issue is NOT on Cold War at all.

can also confirm if you want to do ray tracing It must be in 60Hz but that's super cool u can do ray tracing at 60 frames

Dec 11, 2017
I get these vertical lines on my LG CX when I play games like Sea of Thieves and Gears 5 at 4K/120Hz/VRR.
3-ECCEB38-B47-E-40-B0-A325-1-D06-E235-E286.jpg

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we're gonna need TV firmware updates or new sets altogether. Up until recently 4k 120hz over HDMI was just theoretical since there weren't any HDMI 2.1 source devices on the market. TV manufacturers have only just now started testing this shit in real-world scenarios.

Glad I waited to buy a "net-gen" TV.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

answers.microsoft.com

I played this last night and I could feel a little judder or stutter (which almost felt like rubber banding), mostly it felt super smooth and the image was really stable.

Turns out they stealth updated the game to 120fps.. so that might explain why you aren't seeing it at 60hz.
www.eurogamer.net

Infinity Ward quietly adds 120fps to Call of Duty: Warzone on Xbox Series X - but not PS5

Infinity Ward has added 120fps support to Call of Duty: Warzone on Xbox Series X.The support, which was not mentioned i…

It may be a TV glitch, it might be an Xbox glitch or it might be a server type glitch at 120fps or with a variable framerate. It felt super smooth

Dec 11, 2017