• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
DCFandome_MAP_5ee84e104b9870.79051668.jpg

DC FanDome will take place Aug. 22 and include a look at the company's film, television and comic book slate.

This could be the most extensive looks yet at a number of high-profile projects, including Matt Reeves' The Batman, which shut down production in March amid the coronavirus pandemic, and James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, which has been tightly guarded after wrapping filming in February and has yet to release any footage or photos. The studio also will use the event to tout Wonder Woman 1984, which is due out Oct. 2 after being moved twice due to the coronavirus.

The studio also promises a presence from upcoming DC movies including Black Adam, The Flash, Zack Snyder's Justice League and Shazam! as well as TV's Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Lucifer, Pennyworth, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen and Young Justice: Outsiders.

"With DC FanDome, we're able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favorite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen," Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff said in a statement.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Warner Bros. Sets Online Event to Tout ‘The Batman,’ ‘Wonder Woman’ and More

Warner Bros. is creating its own event to promote its stable of comic book movies and TV shows. The studio will hold DC FanDome, which will stream for free Aug. 22 beginning at 10 a.m. PT at DCFanDome.com.

a057ee2d3029946d8492319efe382147.gif

Last edited:

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So, probably a trailer with a first look at Cheetah in WW84

Batman... will they have enough footage to even show much? They weren't filming that long, were they? If there's a teaser, it'll be a quick tone-piece.

Suicide Squad should have something to sink some teeth into.

Who the fuck knows what news of other movies comes out of this.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

Batman... will they have enough footage to even show much? They weren't filming that long, were they? If there's a teaser, it'll be a quick tone-piece.

Black Adam!!!!!!

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Flash is still getting made? wow colour me surprised.

Looking forward to hopefully a trailer for Suicide Squad and Batman.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully we'll get confirmation that Harley Quinn was greenlit for a third season.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
When you consider their library of films, shows and potential game announcements, could be a newsworthy day.

Watch comic book announcements get the butt end of 3am rollouts.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I didn't even realize suicide squad was getting a sequel. Is the flash movie still having Ezra Miller as the flash after his recent fan interactions?

How long til WW gets a on demand release? Delayed twice to October which, at this rate, won't be any better with coronavirus for theaters to be open nationwide.

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, this event is late August and I think Batman is starting soon again if they haven't alreaady?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I have to imagine that they'll drop some kind of teaser trailer for The Suicide Squad and announce some of the cast for Black Adam too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they dropped some surprises too, perhaps some more on what JJ Abrams is up to and/or announce some of the new projects (film and TV) set up at HBO Max.

Are films getting their E3 moment now?

Absolutely. I'm surprised it's taken this long for it to happen.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, this was rumored to have some game news last week. Hopefully we get some good info on a bunch of things. I still wonder if theaters will be open much for WW.

Are films getting their E3 moment now?

Comic-con kind of already was that for movies like this.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah that's true. I'm still keeping expectations low there. Maybe something along the lines of the first Batman Begins teaser, where it was almost a twist that you were watching something Batman related.

Just extremely low-key and atmospheric

It was a brilliant way to kick off Begins. It was the first "reboot" and they needed a way to bring that across.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Watch AT&T sell the WB games division by then and not include the IP rights for in development projects.

If, and that's an IF, AT&T were to sell their WB Games division a deal is not getting completed within two months.

I don't know what you're trying to say with the second half of your post.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Batman, ZS JL, WW84, and Suicide Squad trailers incoming.

Damn this feels great. DC hasn't had a lineup like this is a long, long time.

Would love to get some solid Flash news but I won't believe that movie is happening until they are filming.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

I like the old school comic logo. I wonder if that's what WB will use for the poster given how the branding on the original Suicide Squad film was so successful.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I want first footage of The Suicide Squad, an update on The Flash, and a trailer of Zack Snyder's Justice League.

While I'm super excited about The Batman, I don't know what they could bring us, with the short time they've had on production. Maybe suit/character reveals for Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman.

And I'm definitely not sold on Wonder Woman 84 despite really liking the first one, so new footage would be welcomed.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, they were two months into production for The Batman when the lockdown happened. Pretty sure Matt Reeves mentioned back in April that they'd managed to shoot about a quarter of the film or so already. So there's not a lot per se, but I'd imagine it'd be plenty enough to make a teaser trailer for this event if they wanted to.

That said, I'm just expecting our first proper looks at the rest of the cast besides Robert Pattinson's Batman.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, so is the schedule they posted up wrong then?
I mean, I think I'd be ok with the split in TV/movie stuff since a whole lot of panels I wanted to watch were overlapping anyway with Encores happening in early morning hours for California.