• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
www.yahoo.com

Warner Bros reprimanded after 'It: Chapter Two' trailer included in playlist of children's lullabies

The trailer for the horror movie, featuring the voice of evil clown Pennywise, appeared on the Classical Lullabies on the music streaming app.

Warner Bros. has been cautioned for including an advert for It: Chapter Two in a Spotify playlist aimed at children.

The trailer for the horror movie, featuring the voice of evil clown Pennywise, appeared on the Classical Lullabies on the music streaming app.

Tracks on the playlist included Children's Music No.1: I. Lullaby, 5 English Nursery Tunes and For Children Vol 1.

The ad featured the voice of Pennywise the Dancing Clown saying, "For 27 years, I dreamt of you. I craved you. Oh I missed you." This was followed by the sound of laughing clowns and then the title of the film and date of release.

One listener complained to the UK Advertising Standards Association (ASA) after playing the list for their child only to hear the trailer for the film It: Chapter Two - which is rated 15 - between tracks, believing they had been "inappropriately targeted."

"We considered that the playlist was designed primarily to be played to and therefore likely to be heard by young children. Spotify provided no explanation as to why an ad targeted using the parameter 'Real Time Genre is not Children' had been played during a playlist designed to be heard by young children.

"We therefore considered that although Warner Bros had taken steps to target the ad responsibly, because it appeared around content that was likely to be heard by young children, the ad had been inappropriately targeted."

Yahoo Movies UK has contacted Warner Bros for comment.

I don't see what the big problem is he--

5202bba0-6391-11ea-a7db-f49fa0f06dd1

Oh, God.

Can't sleep, clown'll eat me if old.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I feel for the kids who have to be even subjected to a couple of seconds of that trash heap of a movie

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not just a children's playlist but lullabies, so it can give them nice dreams.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, why didn't they put in IT Chapter One first?

THINK people

Mar 27, 2018
I also didnt like Chapter 2, which is a shame. I thought the first one was well done. The scariest scene in Chapter 2 was when that gay couple gets beaten up, and it felt exploitative regardless. The clown stuff was meh and overdone

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Kids shouldn't be scared, they aren't even 27 yet, obviously he isn't talking about them. Children are born dumber every year.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine giving your kids a lullaby playlist and not paying for premium.

the ads for non-premium are usually so loud and abrupt that they'd kill any chance of falling asleep anyway. There's always that one person at a party who puts their non-premium Spotify on the speakers and suddenly you hate them