• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been quietly following this for months now whenever news about it gets posted on here, but I'm still pretty lost ngl

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't to hard to understand for some posters in this thread Joss Whedon showed racist behaviour on set while Geoff and Walter clearly enabled it I hope Fisher gets more support

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topics like this just remind how white this forum really is.

Fisher forgot when you're Black/African-American. You aren't afforded the same vagueness or benefit of a doubt. You need video proof, homie; Livestream to be safe. Even in an industry as inherently discriminative, racist, and bigoted as the Hollywood film scene, folks will bypass that to question your character. You're black, remember that. Gonna need them receipts!

Thanks for this post. Best in the topic.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
He made multiple direct accusations over the months, so let´s stop Era.

What went on during the 2017 reshoots of JLA? That is the million-dollar question but it cost Whedon his career. That is known. WB failing to deal with the messes they keep creating is further over documented at this point. That second part of the problem is bad enough on its own. Enough goal post movings. Don´t trust him? Fine. But to say that Fisher isn´t forthcoming with information is flat out wrong.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how Warner Brothers pathologically takes the wrong side in these conflicts. Fuck this company.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The new Casey Stern story, the toxic wreck that is JLA 2017, the mass firings at DC Comics from 2020, the TMZ lawsuit (WB owns them) and the Ellen DeGeneres Show deserter. Who is running this asylum?
deadline.com

WarnerMedia Accused Of “Cruelty” & Discrimination By Casey Stern After Axed Sports Anchor’s Battle To Rescue Abused Children

With details that would be any parent’s worst nightmare, WarnerMedia and Turner Sports might find themselves truly behind the eight ball if a discrimination complaint from once-prominent anchor Casey Stern gains traction. “Over the course of the last two years, Casey Stern has been put through...
"Rather, the treatment of Mr. Stern is just the latest example of what has become commonplace practice at WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries."
Look, even the trades are fed up. Dear WB. Just shut up on Friday. Your end of the week trade releases have all been total failures so far. Say it with me, step one:
We admitted we were powerless over toxic work environments—that our lives had become unmanageable.

Edit: By all means, start one. WB has been a wreck for years.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
The new Casey Stern story, the toxic wreck that is JLA 2017, the mass firings at DC Comics from 2020, the TMZ lawsuit (WB owns them) and the Ellen DeGeneres Show deserter. Who is running this asylum?
deadline.com

WarnerMedia Accused Of “Cruelty” & Discrimination By Casey Stern After Axed Sports Anchor’s Battle To Rescue Abused Children

With details that would be any parent’s worst nightmare, WarnerMedia and Turner Sports might find themselves truly behind the eight ball if a discrimination complaint from once-prominent anchor Casey Stern gains traction. “Over the course of the last two years, Casey Stern has been put through...
"Rather, the treatment of Mr. Stern is just the latest example of what has become commonplace practice at WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries."
Look, even the trades are fed up.

I think this deserves a separate thread

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Ert0zShW4AQmnxF
but isn't zack still working with wb?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
That´s why Zack is keeping his trap shut and only giving the side-eyes on all sorts of things rac. He also wasn´t there for the Johns regime and had his very own Johns adventure. WB better pray he doesn't start talking. That said, Snyder opening his mouth can only lead to everyone losing.
Snyder further knows how public-facing his Vero. He has upvoted anti-WB comments before.
Image-from-iOS-1.jpg

Snyder is now a free agent. A bit like Johns after his 2018 demotion. Snyder had his studio on the WB lot before the DC Implosion and even renamed it after leaving. He further made sure to scrub all sorts of names from The Snyder Cut. Johns for example. He won´t see a cent from it in the form of residuals.

Edit: One of his early steps in his passive-aggressive campaign to clear things up without saying a word. (RTSC grew out of this but fans started it.) Him liking Batgirl´s shutdown in February 2018. This was how we "found out" that him hiring Joss was a WB lie. And it was.
IMG_4518.png

Last edited:

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
You are justifying the abuse he received (or making it less important) because according to you Fisher is a shitty actor, playing a shitty character on a shitty movie. Which is way worse.

What abuse? If you can actually tell me what happened to him that would be great because he refuses to. I've read dozens of articles on this and couldn't tell you what his actual accusations are.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It would be good if he actually said what happened, because this has been going on for ages now and I've never seen him give any actual details on what really happened, which is a bit odd after all this time.

If something happened, he should get all the details out there to expose the people involved.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Is this really a surprise to anyone? Did anyone really expect WB to put a relatively unknown actor playing a relatively unpopular character ahead of an executive after said actor publically accused the executive of being "the most dangerous kind of enabler "? Yes, it's probably ethically wrong of WB to do this but then again no one actually knows what happened during the Justice League shoot. I really don't understand Fisher's silence on this point. It's not like he has any bridges left to burn. He having any kind of career in Hollywood in the future is entirely dependant on the misconduct becoming public and it being some very serious shit.

What WB should do in terms of the DC films, is just reboot the universe building up from the Pattison Batman film and cancel all the planned sequels directly related to the Snyder films. I don't think the universe is salvageable anymore. There is something and/or someone problematic attached to each of the films. It's probably the least controversial option just to cancel everything outright and start fresh.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
As others have said, Ray doesn't help putting a clear case forward outside of vague, coy accusations.

and on a side note, anyone who starts talking about polygraph tests immediately gets the side eye from me.

Abaddonn

Dec 4, 2018
I would like to know what grievances he's been hinting at for about a year now. Did he ever give any specifics of what happened or any reasons atleast as to why he won't tell anyone what happened?

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
After seeing WW84 on Max, so glad these mediocre movies can be sent to streaming. Last DC movie I saw in theaters was Aquaman, barely worth the price of admission. Not even considering the pandemic situation, actually vaccinated and I still wouldnt go to the theaters for these... DC animation is really all they have going for themselves, I'll continue throwing money at the majority of those that release.

The whole DCEU needs new direction, so many bad decisions, yet they keep stumbling forward...

Deleted member 77553

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
After seeing WW84 on Max, so glad these mediocre movies can be sent to streaming. Last DC movie I saw in theaters was Aquaman, barely worth the price of admission. Not even considering the pandemic situation, actually vaccinated and I still wouldnt go to the theaters for these... DC animation is really all they have going for themselves, I'll continue throwing money at the majority of those that release.

The whole DCEU needs new direction, so many bad decisions, yet they keep stumbling forward...
As a DC fan I agree that some of their movies are mediocre. But their comics, animated shows/movies, and tv shows are doing quite well. The DCEU can be redeemed and The flash movie could help reboot the DCEU if done correctly.