• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Release dates guesses:

2023: Penguin limited series
2024: Arkham limited series
2025: Batman 2

The spinoffs are supposed to move the timeline further ahead.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Drape his cape in front like the concept art, cowards.
FRWG9wXXIAAFHL6

JonaB1986

Sep 15, 2020
I'd bet a big reason Reeve's took so long writing was that he was conceptualizing a multi-movie arc. So I don't think he'll need near as much time before shooting this one. I def think this is a 2024 movie at he absolute latest. Just hope it includes The Court of Owls and Robin at some point.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Personally, I would love this as a Mr. Freeze/Penguin film.

With the first, we had the "mind game" villain via Riddler, which was perfect for a young, mentally unbalanced Batman still finding himself and his inner hero. But with Gotham flooded and infrastructurally brought to its knees, we now need the powerful, elemental force kind of foe to really test Batman as a hero, and Freeze would be perfect. Meanwhile Penguin can also fully level up as the king of crime/mob activity in Gotham and be the guy pulling strings everywhere in this new fallen Gotham. Keep Joker in jail in this new Hannibal Lector kind of role that the deleted scene showed and that would be great.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Keep Joker in jail in this new Hannibal Lector kind of role that the deleted scene showed and that would be great.
I think Riddler makes more sense as a Hannibal. Plus it allows him opportunities to try and pry information subtly out of Batman to figure out who he is.

Joker doesn't really make sense as an informant.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait. hopefully he retains the oppressive Gotham throughout the entire series, maybe even the narration too tbh.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The slow burn crime scene angle was done to great success, but I don't think that would go over well a second time

I think the next villain has to be someone more physical than Freeze

Get Bautista in there as Bane

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Wonder what song he will listen to while he writes. Reeves said he listened to that Nirvana song a lot during his writing process.

Nov 2, 2017
Pass on The Court of Owls personally at least for now. I'd prefer other bits of the rogue gallery get a chance to shine or get some redemption (from earlier attempts).

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
I apologize if is missed this, but any confirmation that Greig Fraser is back as well?

I can only celebrate once I know that the Trinity is complete and returning, lol.