• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It was a critical hit and no Chris is a bad thing sadly
I mean yes, but that's not what they're doing. They are being Deadline and sucking up to the producers.
ee2ZvPD.gif

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Movie was a great surprise, as was Cruise. The device is played out somewhat so I wonder if they will use a different gimmick (teleportation? Linear time travel etc?)

The changed name was so forgettable and generic that I literally had trouble holding it in my brain.

All You Need Is Kill is a bit weird but it might have helped with the film's identity and I doubt it would have harmed it. And I have never read the mango or the animu

The Edge of Tomorrow is secretly a great name.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I liked the first movie, not sure it needs another, though I'm still disappointed about the happy Hollywood ending when I think of the movie. The books premise would have been far better, and made far more sense.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Edge of Tomorrow is secretly a great name.

I think it's a fine appropriate name for the topic but for some reason it slips out of my memory like a bar of soap - same with oblivion. They both sound kinda nineties and generic - almost like video game names - but I admit that's really subjective. All You Need Is Kill I'd argue, is objectively notable - even if you don't like it.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a fine appropriate name for the topic but for some reason it slips out of my memory like a bar of soap - same with oblivion. They both sound kinda nineties and generic - almost like video game names - but I admit that's really subjective. All You Need Is Kill I'd argue, is objectively notable - even if you don't like it.

I just like that it's a double entendre, referring both to the protagonists' looping time as well the advantage that looping gives them.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's from the writer of crowd pleasing winter 2017 hit Monster Trucks!

twb81ram6al11.gif

Never judge movies by scripts in isolation. Monster Truck would have been a commission for one thing - and the sausage making stats on -

Main problem with movie
Big changes forced by studio

Are brutal. There are some genuinely fantastic films in script form that got wrecked by process or nervousness or other externalities.

And of course the opposite is true sometimes too - bad scripts salvaged by the sum of its parts and clever filmmaking.

So it's a safer bet to gage a writer by the average quality of the body of their work or by simply reading the version submitted to the writer's guild - and if you're lucky - the notes. But even then a lot of scripts are built by committee or soulless creatures.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the original, but it suffered in the third act when they had to undo the actual premise of the film and turn into a fairly normal action movie. Not sure what a sequel would be able to add, but the first was a blast so I'm certainly willing to give them a chance.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was confirmed years ago?
This is a new thing, that's in development. The old thing, that was stuck in development is dead.
Never judge movies by scripts in isolation. Monster Truck would have been a commission for one thing - and the sausage making stats on -

Main problem with movie
Big changes forced by studio

Are brutal. There are some genuinely fantastic films in script form that got wrecked by process or nervousness or other externalities.

And of course the opposite is true sometimes too - bad scripts salvaged by the sum of its parts and clever filmmaking.

So it's a safer bet to gage a writer by the average quality of the body of their work or by simply reading the version submitted to the writer's guild - and if you're lucky - the notes. But even then a lot of scripts are built by committee or soulless creatures.
I was messing with bronson. He wasn't even a screenwriter for it, just credited with story. Dude's main credits are all shared except this one adverdrama he did for Intel and I'm not gonna judge him by that.