• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Allow me to clear this up: That list is false. Monolith is not making a Matrix game.

Griever

Oct 27, 2017
This sucks. Still have to play Arkham Knight though, but I'm not looking forward to it too much since we know that the next game is pretty much a reboot.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
i hope that harry potter rpg is everything it seemed in the leaked footage. (well, okay, no--i'd rather they dumped the whole, 'it's set in the 1910s' thing for a more modern setting... but aside from that.)

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Lmao ight bruh. Two top level insiders/journalists just told you your list was inaccurate, obviously something is off. You shouldn't be saying you got inside info and then get stuff wrong on here fyi, they'll ban you for that.
"two top level" you talking about yourself or Shinobi? I wouldn't put you near Schreier lmao, no offense.

And Schreier said the Matrix thing was wrong.

Mistakes happen. Sometimes info turns out to be wrong, nothing you can do about it except be even more sure next time that it's legit.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
What I want to know is if there's any Middle-Earth related game in development (related or not to the Mordor games).

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
"two top level" you talking about yourself or Shinobi? I wouldn't put you near Schreier lmao, no offense.

And Schreier said the Matrix thing was wrong.

Mistakes happen. Sometimes info turns out to be wrong, nothing you can do about it except be even more sure next time that it's legit.
Shinobi, duh. Tf?

And ight bruh. I was tryna help you out but I'll just let it be.

Oct 28, 2017
This was just found on reddit too

NgptzxT.png

I will lose my fucking mind over new Matrix and Superman games

wow, they were full of megatons even if only half of those were real

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree.

And even if a part of it was wrong, I don't understand how that means I might've made around half of my list up.

He didn't say you made half of your list up. He said you could have guessed on half of them. Which is the same thing I told you. You named like...seven games? and three of them we already knew about. The Lego thing...Traveler's Tales makes Lego games, so...yeah. And you missed on Monolith, which I already told you probably wasn't a thing.

Even the Superman thing, like...if the process is: Batman game from WB Montreal, Rocksteady's game, then Superman and Montreal's ACTUAL game that's supposed to come out this year hasn't even been talked about yet, why on Earth would they tell you about the Superman game? It's way too soon.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Batman is supposed to come out this fall right? I'm sure we will get to at least see that soon enough. The rest they may hold off on, but who knows.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't say you made half of your list up. He said you could have guessed on half of them. Which is the same thing I told you. You named like...seven games? and three of them we already knew about. The Lego thing...Traveler's Tales makes Lego games, so...yeah. And you missed on Monolith, which I already told you probably wasn't a thing.

Even the Superman thing, like...if the process is: Batman game from WB Montreal, Rocksteady's game, then Superman and Montreal's ACTUAL game that's supposed to come out this year hasn't even been talked about yet, why on Earth would they tell you about the Superman game? It's way too soon.
Oh, almost forgot. Vullein070, I told SageShinigami about the WB press conference looooonnnggg ago in a PM. So trust me when I tell you, Superman wasn't ever part of the show.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands

He said I could've guessed half of what's on my list. I never said he claimed I made half of it up or anything like that.

Also I'm sorry but I don't understand the second paragraph. What do you mean with the process part? What "actual" game from WB Montreal? What makes it more "actual" than the two other games?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
He said I could've guessed half of what's on my list. I never said he claimed I made half of it up or anything like that.

And even if a part of it was wrong, I don't understand how that means I might've made around half of my list up.

Also I'm sorry but I don't understand the second paragraph. What do you mean with the process part? What "actual" game from WB Montreal? What makes it more "actual" than the two other games?

Most game development companies don't get ahead of themselves. Just because they've got two games in the oven doesn't mean they're going to tell you about both. Batman is the actual game that we're supposed to actually play this year. Superman is supposed to be behind even Suicide Squad. That means at best it's three years off. There's no need to show anyone that.

This is something that happens in extreme cases, like waayyyyy back when Square announced Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and X back to back. Or more recently when Bethesda announced Starfield and Elder Scrolls to get the heat off them. But it isn't commonly done, and in any case when they've got so many games coming I'm not sure why they'd tell us about something that's not coming until 2022.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

Most game development companies don't get ahead of themselves. Just because they've got two games in the oven doesn't mean they're going to tell you about both. Batman is the actual game that we're supposed to actually play this year. Superman is supposed to be behind even Suicide Squad. That means at best it's three years off. There's no need to show anyone that.

This is something that happens in extreme cases, like waayyyyy back when Square announced Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and X back to back. Or more recently when Bethesda announced Starfield and Elder Scrolls to get the heat off them. But it isn't commonly done, and in any case when they've got so many games coming I'm not sure why they'd tell us about something that's not coming until 2022.
This. There's no reason to do it. Batman is their #1 priority right now. Shit, they prolly ain't even gonna talk that much about SS either.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands

That's true. Which is why I think it would've just been a small teaser. A blue blur flying past the screen or some slight undertones of a Superman theme song wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up not teasing it all though now.

WB Montreal and Rocksteady have been through... a lot of projects as you know. I'm sure they want to take it slow first and only tease stuff they're absolutely sure in.