• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means that Mindy Kaling's Velma show is likely gone. I'm sure some people will be pleased about that based on the last thread about the show.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question: is animation cheaper than scripted live action content? I would assume so but I may be wrong.
Probably not cheaper than TLC style reality shows. Which is probably how Discovery made enough money to buy WB in the first place.

We are probably going to get tons of more "Sister Wives" "Little People Big World" "Jon & Kate plus 8" "90 Day Fiancé" style shows.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Discovery aiming to tank Warner Bros. so they can sell their properties to Disney. That's all I can think of to rationalize all this madness.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I was catching up on Harley Quinn and realized we probably won't get that Kite Man spinoff anymore let alone more Harley. Feels bad man.

Seeing that other thread people were making comparisons to Ike Perlmutter 2.0 and my first thought was "they're going to cheapen their animation aren't they?" Shoestring budget, loosely connected movie tie-ins aimed squarely at kids selling toys. I can't help but find the irony a little funny JUST as Marvel was getting out of the Loeb era of cheap animation and ready to take DC/WB head on, it's DC/WB that ends up regressing.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't another streaming site just acquire the rights to that animation? i imagine the studios that were making it aren't exactly gonna be in demand at wb considering their content cuts.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I really hope Harley Quinn is safe, they just moved over to HBO Max for the new season too...

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And people wonder why everyone loves Anime so much.

It's like the only medium of animation that actually improves as time goes on instead of....not existing.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of good shows on the bubble presumably that shouldn't be like Primal, Tuca and Bertie, Birdgirl

They canceled dirt cheap to produce shows like Joe Pera so I have no idea what the plan is for CN/Adult Swim.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that any animation not on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is dead. Animation exclusive to HBO Max, or whatever the new services name will be, is dead.

Oct 25, 2017
announcement coming soon: Warner Bros Discovery states it will fully shut down all operations as a cost savings measure, new leadership cites renewed focus on sitting quietly in dark rooms

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, if The Boondocks revival didn't get cancelled when it did, it certainly would have now.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
At the rate this shit is going we're about two threads away from me finding out they are at the door to officially kick me in the nuts.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Thing about Harley Quinn and Young Justice shows is that they were ALREADY merged from a previous, now dead streaming platform - DC Universe.

I do hope they survive this HBO shitstorm.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair it's not like Warner Bros has a long established history with animation or anything.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
How can content creators like DC extricate themselves from this? No point in WB having the rights if they're no longer making scripted shows or movies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't most streaming services and content providers scrambling to make even more animation because of the growing interest in most age groups? Seems like a very backwards decision.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The staff of Termite Terrance must be shaking their heads from the afterlife.