• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WB's animation output is legendary. I knew it was coming, but this still really stings.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
If you fucks touch Primal, I swear...

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
Internal WBD slide leak

6Vwl8Bm.jpg

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question: is animation cheaper than scripted live action content? I would assume so but I may be wrong.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really hope Harley Quinn is safe. 😔

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gross. The main thing I use HBO Max for is animation. It's always been WB's best shit to me.

Well at least the classics will remain. They better.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Harley Quinn and Young Justice are probably dead. Really considering how legendary WB's animated output is in general, between Cartoon Network and DC adaptations... hard to put into words how big of a loss this is.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
feels weird and oddly nostalgic to look towards disney to not fuck this up and keep animation somewhat a priority

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Animation also got hit hard when ATT brought out Warner 4 years ago...history repeats in the cruelest ways.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't CN just cycle between Teen Titans Go and like 2 other shows?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I feel like this is something that's going to massively bite them in the ass later. Animation is one of the few things WB really had going for it. They're making their services and pipeline less appealing while actively making their main competition outside Netflix look like a better option (Disney with, you know, their bread and butter, and Paramount with Nickelodeon).

Please let that new Tiny Toons series be safe as well as Looney Tunes content. I was looking forward to checking them out. Oh and that Gremlins animated series.

I think Tiny Toons still had Spielberg as a producer? Hopefully that keeps it safe. Animaniacs being a Hulu thing might save it too.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Absolute madness. TV animation is a cornerstone of WB and one of the few things that they easily lap circles around Disney in. What're they gonna do, push a channel like Cartoon Network into doing reality TV garbage? Oh because it worked so fucking well the last time.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
does this company even know what their strengths are?

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
Lol look ya'll we need to pay down this debt so we can start properly exploiting all this this valuable ip