• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I doubt the fight scene quality will be bad. I just don't think you're gonna see him beating goons to a pulp. I bet there will be more reliance on gadgets than sheer force.
Yeah, in a perfect world we would've got a perfect mix of both, Arkham Origins style, but it's probably not going to translate well to the big screen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But no, seriously, how many reboots are we going to have of the same character in the span of a decade?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Really excited. He's a really good actor and I have quite a bit of trust in Reeves.

A shame it's so far off. I hope they release official stills of him suited up and all of that when they start the film's production at least.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Pattinson is an interesting choice and I've dug both of Reeves' Ape films + Cloverfield. I would've been down for a solo Affleck film but looking forward to this too. It would be nice to have a good Batman movie again.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sigh. We're never getting the batfamily on screen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well every Batman had it's own feel to it.
Bale to Affleck made sense. A trilogy wrapped up and they wanted to make a cinematic universe.

This just feels weird. I don't mind the casting, but their cinematic universe is still happening considering how Shazam ended. It just feels like there's no plan anymore. Joker seems to be its own thing, not sure what WW is anymore, and Suicide Squad 2 is some weird sequel reboot thing.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I like this choice. Now I'm interested in seeing what aesthetic direction they go in.
Give me a take on the Beyond suit. Would fit Robert's frame perfectly:

batman-beyond-8k-p2-1280x720.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Bale to Affleck made sense. A trilogy wrapped up and they wanted to make a cinematic universe.

This just feels weird. I don't mind the casting, but their cinematic universe is still happening considering how Shazam ended. It just feels like there's no plan anymore. Joker seems to be its own thing, not sure what WW is anymore, and Suicide Squad 2 is some weird sequel reboot thing.
Unless otherwise stated (which is so far just Joker) everything still exists in the same shared universe. WW84 and SS2 are sequels. Aquaman and Shazam are obviously connected to the same universe. The shared continuity is still there, they're just not making a big deal of it anymore. There won't be any crossovers like BvS or JL for the foreseeable future.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
He's a great pick for the role. Get him on the Hollywood bulk up plan and with Reeves this will definitely be worth the wait

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
"This film will in no way carry on the work that Ben Affleck did as the older Batman in Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League."

This should be the headline and never be forgotten as well. Heh, it seems the DCEU is truly a dropped subject now :)

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
"This film will in no way carry on the work that Ben Affleck did as the older Batman in Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League."

This should be the headline and never be forgotten as well. Heh, it seems the DCEU is truly a dropped subject now :)
But Shazam directly references events from past DCEU films and so does Aquaman. And BoP is picking up from SS.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
He strikes me as more as a Batman Beyond guy rather than Batman. Nonetheless I've heard good things about his recent work, so he just needs to bulk up a bit.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Very excited to see this. Would've been excited for either him or Hoult, TBH. Very interesting choices.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Good pick, I think he will do well in the role. Can't wait, Reeves did an amazing jobs with Apes.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People doubting Pattinson hasn't paid attention. His latest performance in The Lighthouse has been compared by many to Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining and Daniel Day Louis's turn as Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood. He's an incredible actor who is only getting better.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
But Shazam directly references events from past DCEU films and so does Aquaman. And BoP is picking up from SS.
They are dropping what didn't work from previous films and moving on. What works will at some point get mashed together, and if the movies are good then it doesn't matter what is still canon and what isn't.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Really excited for this, Robert seems like a great guy and he has the face for it. Just all depends on reeves direction

Oct 25, 2017
People doubting Pattinson hasn't paid attention. His latest performance in The Lighthouse has been compared by many to Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining and Daniel Day Louis's turn as Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood. He's an incredible actor who is only getting better.

Yep. We are in for something ridiculously special here and I can't wait to see how it pays off!

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the most excited I've been for any Batman movie news since the lead up to The Dark Knight Rises.

Yes please by all that is sacred let this not be an origin story.

If I have to see those fucking pearls falling in slow motion one more time I'm going to fucking scream.
Ideally, they'll handle it like Spider-Man: Homecoming —simply allude to his origin story, but don't waste 10 minutes retelling it.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel they shouldn't have mentioned it being a trilogy, it just invites hubris.

Wait to see how the first is received then announce more.