• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beer

• Warm Beer

Votes: 138 48.9%
  • Pour it over ice

Votes: 144 51.1%

• Total voters

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the type of beer but I feel like ice is not an option unless it's like a pitcher and you put the ice in a cup and drop it in so it doesn't water it down.

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
Just wait for it to reach the right temperature. I'm not drinking warm or diluted beer.

Barls

Oct 25, 2017
Put the warm beer bottle in a bowl.
Add the ice.
Add salt.
Fill with water.
Spin bottle for 5 minutes.
Drink cold beer.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I learned in Prague that cold beer being palatable is just marketing manufactured by companies like Budweiser to get plebeians to drink shitty beer where the notes and aromatics are suppressed by the lower temperature so you can't get the full flavor of the beer. Lagers and other traditional beers should have lots of head, aromatics, and not be served ice cold. They should be room temp.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
If it's not cold I just wait. Cold is not the same thing as ice cold.

Putting the bottle or can in an ice bath for a period of time helps, too.

Beers are interesting as they warm up, particularly stouts, but I'd rather not start there.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
If you are gonna stick a beer in the freezer, make sure you wrap it in a wet paper towel.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
I learned in Prague that cold beer being palatable is just marketing manufactured by companies like Budweiser to get plebeians to drink shitty beer where the notes and aromatics are suppressed by the lower temperature so you can't get the full flavor of the beer. Lagers and other traditional beers should have lots of head, aromatics, and not be served ice cold. They should be room temp.

Really? Sounds like bunk but I'm also ignorant to the higher levels of beer stuffs so...

If you are gonna stick a beer in the freezer, make sure you wrap it in a wet paper towel.

Interesting, why?

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I forget the specifics but it speeds up the cooling process
Jesus, I thought the most shocked moment of my day would have been the thread about the warp zones in Mario 64. Mind blown

so like a standard kitchen towel, soak it in water and wrap the beer in it and stick it in the freezer?

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Put the warm beer bottle in a bowl.
Add the ice.
Add salt.
Fill with water.
Spin bottle for 5 minutes.
Drink cold beer.
I've done this in hotel sinks where the liquor stores can't sell cold beer for whatever dumb blue law.

You can also wrap the beer in a wet paper towel and throw in the freezer if your room has one

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Nah cold beer is the shit and that's outside of Bud.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
question why do people fuck with ice when it comes to any drink that's not water? i'd rather put a drink in the freezer than dilute it.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to live in that world

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Beer over ice is ludicrous. I can see on the rocks being palatable if making a cocktail, cider, or hard kombucha. Everything else is not acceptable. I'm totally fine with drinking room temperature beer too. But I know friends that are picky about that if we're having drinks at a park. My condolences to OP.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
While shitty beers are best served 'ice cold' so you can't taste the corn water, regular good beer should be drank at slightly warmer temperatures than that, but nowhere near room temperature.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I got used to Ice in beer when I lived in Thailand. You just have to accept that you'll be throwing away the last few watery mouthfuls.

momerath

Oct 27, 2017
Push comes to shove, I'd pour over ice and drink quickly. Meantime you can throw another in the freezer with a wet paper towel wrapped around and that one should be good by the time you finish the ice beer.