• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
YES. As always, day 1. I think it'll be a fun change having control of the characters. Wario Ware is always about changing the gameplay up in different ways, and this is another one.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, god yes. I am curious at how it will play since it's a bit more complicated than the past and the game's simplicity was part of the appeal. I can see the characters adding a lot of replay value. WarioWare Gold has a ton of content so hopefully this is the same.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Love the series, it's the game that I'm probably the most excited about. Can't wait to play with a friend that I spent countless hours on the GC version. I'm intrigued but not fully convinced by the character twist. Guess I'll have to see how this plays out - I'll probably spend time with it in any way.

Terrible aesthetic and voices but likely quite fun.
Warios talking was also irritating to me. I hope it was just for the presentation, and he doesn't talk that much in the game. Didn't play Gold though, someone mentioned there was a lot of talking there.
Doing Microgames but this time with having to actually control characters within them is a novel direction to take with the series. The Microgames are already fairly rudimentary in structure but this changes a whole lot about how they'll be designed. I'm extremely excited.
I'm a little cautious. From the treehouse bit it seemed that most (all?) games are now organized aroud a 2D plane, like a platformer or shoot'em up. I love the series for it being a parody of the video games industry. I hope the character principle doesn't limit this parody only to certain types of games of a certain perspective - what about top down, ego perspective, movement into depth?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I'm hopeful that this'll be good, but I have to admit that having it be sort of a different kind of game is a bummer for me. I (and I think a lot of fans) want a new Warioware that's like Gold but with all new minigames instead reusing older ones.

I'm definitely going to play this, and I trust the devs enough that I'll enjoy it, but it's hard not to think of what a modern-day version of classic Warioware could be like.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm feeling much better about this game now that I see the Treehouse footage. Looks really fun. Still disappointed we're not getting the classic WarioWare gameplay style though.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
I get the concern but I'm not worried about the controlling characters aspect because every single WarioWare (minus Gold) has been fundamentally different and no less fun. Waited a long time for this one, I'm ready!

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I'm hopeful that this'll be good, but I have to admit that having it be sort of a different kind of game is a bummer for me. I (and I think a lot of fans) want a new Warioware that's like Gold but with all new minigames instead reusing older ones.

I'm definitely going to play this, and I trust the devs enough that I'll enjoy it, but it's hard not to think of what a modern-day version of classic Warioware could be like.

Every Wario Ware had a specific twist/gimmick based on the hardware (gyro, touch, wii-mote, gamepad) this one seems to be focused on coop + multiple characters. I still see it as classic Wario Ware.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
What about this game makes it distinctly "not classc WarioWare"? To my knowledge, the only thing that has changed is how you actually play the microgames.

I understand not liking the gimmick, but to claim it isn't proper WarioWare is disingenuous.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Gold was sort of the perfect round up of the first few control methods. I'm so excited that they are changing it up again. The art and energy is 100 percent WarioWare and that's really all I need.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
warioware series were always gimmick - the game and people are complaining about a new gimmick? boggles the mind
look warioware gold is a precious baby and i love it too, but if you just want the same old with a new coat of paint, just go back to it. i'm glad the series continues to try new stuff even if not all of them are hits (game and wario....)

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
4 Players is either a mistake on Nintendo's site or they might announce it later?
mX5QfXx.png

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The Treehouse segment completely sold me on the character mechanic.

There's totally going to be a mode that incorporates every microgame and every character that I'll spend a ton of time in.
Right?! This adds so much replay value. I'm sure there are some that are easier with some characters and others that are harder with some characters, and if they have a system that keeps track of which characters you've finished a micro game with? Whew That'll multiply my playtime exponentially

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've never played a WarioWare game before but this looks like a lot of fun.

Though "200+ micro games" sounds like a pretty small set? I get that they're intended to be replayed with different characters, single vs. co-op, different speeds, and it'll probably take a lot of tries to get used to each mechanic, but 200 micro games is like.....20 minutes total right? How else do these games keep things interesting?

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited about a new WarioWare. A little skeptical of the art/control style here, but honestly, it's probably the Nintendo title I'm looking forward to most.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a WarioWare game before but this looks like a lot of fun.

Though "200+ micro games" sounds like a pretty small set? I get that they're intended to be replayed with different characters, single vs. co-op, different speeds, and it'll probably take a lot of tries to get used to each mechanic, but 200 micro games is like.....20 minutes total right? How else do these games keep things interesting?
Every game has different versions and difficulties so it's not like you're playing the exact game every time. Also the appeal is not just playing the games once, but playing them in sets with different conditions or challenges. I got a good 15-20 hours out of Gold since it had a lot of modes and content so hopefully this is the same. Coop definitely helps.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
have they said if they're utilizing the touch screen or gyroscope at all a la touched or twisted?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I want is more than just the character stages. Like smooth moves had cool mini games too, and the elephant stages which had different conditions

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Every game has different versions and difficulties so it's not like you're playing the exact game every time. Also the appeal is not just playing the games once, but playing them in sets with different conditions or challenges. I got a good 15-20 hours out of Gold since it had a lot of modes and content so hopefully this is the same. Coop definitely helps.
Sounds cool, thanks!

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
The onscreen controllable characters are intriguing, and is probably a good way to make the gameplay scalable to coop, but I am worried that this design might be slightly limiting for a game franchise that normally prioritizes wild creativity.

Also, I am wondering if some characters (like 18Volt) are incompatible with some microgames and whether the party of three is there to try to mitigate that.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Welcome to Wario Ware honey
Gold is the only one I've played in the last month and other than that years so you know in comparison wasn't a fan of the look lol. Clashing art styles for the character models beyond the norm but like I said been forever for the rest of the series.

Not like a mega fan, liked the gba games, ds non diy, and gold. But it's been a long time

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Love WarioWare in almost all iterations, but not sure about this one. Being thrown into wholly distinct micro games with their own weird style is such a huge part of WW's appeal and I'm not sure how having your character on screen at all times affects that.

Still definitely checking it out, of course.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Love Wario Ware and this looks really good. Wario Ware Gold was a good send off for the old model of microgames so doing something different is great.

Plus different ablities will mean tackling microgames in a variety of ways so the replay value here looks high.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I was excited before but treehouse really sold it for me.
Same !! The trailer left me with more questions than answers. It's so different from the others that I wondered if it was a "real" Wario Ware game you know ? And the fast pacing nature of the microgames combined with a short trailer resulted in me not having enough time to truly understand what was going on.
Then I watched the Treehouse and... Holy shit it looks amazing !!!!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
4 Players is either a mistake on Nintendo's site or they might announce it later?
mX5QfXx.png
Hmmm. If not a true 4 players mode (4 players playing at the same time), it might be a mode in which you take turns. One team of 2 vs another one. One plays a microgame, then immediately after it's the turn of the other team, something like that. Kind of like how Wario Ware on Gamecube was up to 16 players lol

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
Every time a Warioware game comes out, it's very funny to me to read comments from people who think the game looks cheap/bad. Hon, it's a video game made by Wario.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Every time a Warioware game comes out, it's very funny to me to read comments from people who think the game looks cheap/bad. Hon, it's a video game made by Wario.

Just like 1/10 of the games! The rest is done by ninja kids, witch kids, nintendo obsessed kids, a cat, a dog, an alien, etcetera