• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
captureacj1z.png

LOL

WTF is this LOL "Currently Unavailable" LOL

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Do not expect a Fallout remaster compilation, Bethesda launched Skyrim Remastered for $60, so most likely a singular title.

Wouldn't be surprised however if this is going to be given away to some of those 'average 4 hours a day' folk.

Honey you burnt that bridge so hard that the word "fallout" is completely ruined for me.

That's kinda what a nuclear wasteland is supposed to be, burnt bridges, ruined...

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
"No risk in preordering just in case it's something worthwhile "

Why would you say that, other than to get referral money?
No risk preordering because the CE is currently $59.99 on the site, the same as a standard game. The price will clearly go up once it's formally announced. But with Amazon's guarantee you still keep the lowest price the order had if you had it ordered within the time frame of said price.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yes I do. And i played then on the PS3. I never even finished nv cause it got too laggy (and by then had played 100's of hours so wasn't interested enough to get through it) and it's my favorite game of all time.

Buggyness does not ruin a game until I can't play it if the game appeals to me enough. I'd take their buggy games over them changing the engine to stop remembering individual items and letting me loot what the character I killed was actually using.

And I wish people would stop assuming that just cause they were annoyed by something must mean I don't know what I'm talking about when I say *I* liked the game. I know what I like thankyouverymich.
I didn't say you didn't like them. Where did you even get that from?

I said the possibility of your Switch meeting the floor would increase quite considerably with those games is all. Because as fun as they are, they're also a damn mess sometimes.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

I said the possibility of your Switch meeting the floor would increase quite considerably with those games is all. Because as fun as they are, they're also a damn mess sometimes.
Would they make you more likely to want to throw the Switch at the floor than being stuck at a Dark Souls boss?

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Took a screenshot of my order as well.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unless the Deluxe and Collector's Editions are themselves placeholders and don't actually exist, I highly doubt it's any sort of remaster, Fallout or otherwise. they typically don't make those for older, remastered games or collections, as far as I know. I don't see them having that much hype around them to effectively sell many deluxe or collector copies either.

And considering that the countdown video seems to be a placeholder, there's not much sign that it's Fallout at all.

So looking at what we know:

- A new Fallout game seems unlikely. It's hard to see who at Bethesda would even make it, considering the BGS team is almost certainly all-hands-on-deck for Starfield. They probably weren't expecting 76 to be a complete flop, so it seems unlikely they'd have anything in the works that could've stole 76's potential thunder.

- It's probably not Wolfenstein or DOOM, either. Both teams are already at work on Youngblood and Eternal respectively, and any deluxe or collector's version would probably just be added onto existing listings for those games.

- Elder Scrolls Online already has physical listings for Elswheyr on PS4, XBO and PC, so it's not that either.

Outside of the possibility of it being from an outside studio a la Obsidian or Avalanche, the only Bethesda studios that could potentially have have a game to be announced would be Tango or Arkane. That being said, it seems too soon for a listing IMO, so I have some hesitancy there as well, but they seem like the most reasonable studios to look towards at the moment for a new release.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I made sure to pre-order the CE at $60 so that when the price gets updated to $200 for a cheap nylon bag, I walk away with a nice discount canvas bag after a few months of blowback. 4D chess folks, 4D chess.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Bethesda, but NOT Bethesda Game Studios (or at least nothing to suggest it is). Arkane or Tango seems far more likely, so The Crossing or a new Evil Within perhaps.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Remember, in 2018 Bethesda shut down a fan-mod of Fallout 3 in Fallout 4.
But they left alone a Fallout NV in Fallout 4 project.

I still believe in a future Fallout 3 remastered.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

The mod makers shut it down after they couldn't reuse the audio clips as they have to be converted which were licensed by Bethesda.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I hope everyone gets their $60 Collector's Editions, but since they never actually say what this product is, they could easily just cancel this listing and make new placeholders.

I don't think it's a BGS game, but it's maaaaybe worth noting that this year is the 25th anniversary of The Elder Scrolls.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England

The mod team shut it down over voice acting concerns, but restarted again last year.

And again, Bethesda doesn't mean BGS and Todd Howard. This is far more likely to be Tango or Arkane's next game.

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
Wait... It's a top seller on Amazon even though we don't even know what it is, and just after freakin' Fallout 76 released?

sigh...

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I'd be hyped for anything fallout. 76 was a massive disappointment, but in my mind that just means Bethesda knows they have to make up for it with something the fans would actually love.
I mean I could totally be wrong but a man can hope.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

I have self control enough not to destroy expensive items over frustration over a game. Haven't even destroyed a controller that way as I don't want to rebuy them

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
The chances this is for Starfield/Starfield releasing this year are low, right?
Very low. Tango or Arkane's next game are the most likely candidates. Fallout 3 remaster a distant possibility - Todd has stated many times he doesn't like doing remasters and would rather make old games playable on new hardware (Morrowind backwards compat on Xbox One for example), but with how 76 was received they might have hit a panic button and commissioned a quick remaster to win back some brownie points from fans (and a second attempt to rake in the dollars 76 failed to generate).

Don't get your hopes up for Fallout or Starfield though. It's probably a Bethesda Softworks title, not Game Studios.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
If Fallout 3/NV Remaster or Special Edition they will have the same bugs and glitches as the originals. I'd much rather see the next Elder Scrolls or their new game - at least then the bugs and glitches will be up to date ones. Which will make them the same as the old ones. Time is a flat circle or something.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to think what one of their teams would have for this year.

Wolfenstein 3 is years away if it ever happens.

More Prey aint happening.

The evil within team could have something???

Fallout 3 remastered makes sense as a stop gap project I guess.

The chances this is for Starfield/Starfield releasing this year are low, right?

It was literally announced as a next generation project.

Its post 2020.