• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Nerdkiller

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
You could always setup your PS3 as a server, cant you still do that?
Not without the game's central server required for connecting, no.

So the game will actually never be offline for good?
So long as the team behind it maintain the server, it will remain online.

I'd love to see MAG back online but it would never have the active playerbase to be fun.
Yeah, these server revivals are for a very niche audience. I honestly see little point in jumpstarting the game online only for games not being able to start due to lack of players.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
The only thing I would change about Warhawk is the floaty controls. Shit is arcadey to a nth degree. Its just spam the shoot button until the other character dies from moving left or right. Like there is no sense of bullet damage or feedback to anything you do.

I've said this back on gaf and ill keep saying it. Gameplay suffers a bit. If I had to compare it to now, its like fornite x battlefield but in a simplified format. Gunplay just sucks. I know I know it must have been fun back on what 2007? It just never clicked with me.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Give me remaster. Warhawk is my most played online game other than Socom 1/2/3 and FFXIV. Loved the shit out of it, even the gyro on dogfights.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I sold my disc a few years back :(

Probably my favorite multiplayer game ever or at least in the top 5. Would love to see a revival/remake on PS5.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
F2P? I'd have no problem paying again for Warhawk on the PS5.

That and Demon's Souls? Console price justified...everything else is gravy.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Yoooooooo!!!!! I need a ps3 slim ASAP! Holy Shit Socom confrontation may actually be possible? Fuck yes!

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

165 ping:
sJ8FzvM.jpeg

rein

Apr 16, 2018
Wow that's awesome. I'm pretty sure it was the first online game a played on PS3.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This was a great reboot. I never thought I would get another chance to play!

Incognito had some of the most potential of any first party game studio IMO. I remember drooling over the concept of an online focused War of the Monsters sequel.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I was honestly hooked on warhawk. One of very few online games I loved.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
now if they can find a way to bring back Metal Gear Online 2 without having to hack ur ps3

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's really awesome. I loved this game! I really wish Sony would re-release it. The game was a blast to play, and this, coming from a guy who's not really into MP games.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Hopefully fans will one day revive all online features that Sony killed. I'd particularly love to be able to get the online trophies in The Last of Us, and Gravity Rush 2 would be cool, but those features might be too complex to be resurrected by fans.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
One of my favorite online games ever, alas I don't have a PS3 anymore.

Anything like it on PC?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warhawk will always be one if not my favorite online game ever. It was wonderful.

Starhawk was not.

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
It's a damn shame this game is imprisoned on PS3.

I thought when the official servers went offline, players could still create/host MP games. Is that not true?

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
The things I would do for PS5 remasters for both Warhawk and MAG. They would fit so well with the F2P concept. Also throw in a Motorstorm trilogy remaster. These are no-brainers to me. PS5 obviously will have a sim racer in GT7, but won't have an arcade racer exclusive. It's a niche market nowadays, but a remaster shouldn't be too difficult to do, right? (as long as they don't go overboard and do a remake like Demon's Souls). And Sony doesn't have any first party shooters, so MAG or Warhawk could fill that void. Did all of these games bomb so hard Sony won't ever touch them?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
If this means I can unlocked online trophies. Fuck yes

I'm not sure that will be possible at the moment. The stats aren't registering which means trophies for the game cannot be earned.

Not to mention there were a few jagoffs that would go into matches and mess with people's stats and prevent them from earning trophies (a few of the trophy hunters I know had those encounters and were locked out of the Platinum/100%). I was able to avoid it and got the Platinum/100% prior to shutdown but it was touch and go for awhile.

If they can revive MAG and make it able to earn trophies, I would be very happy. 9% on my profile to this date.

Same with SOCOM Confrontation and the MotorStorm series. I wanted to Platinum MotorStorm: Pacific Rift but obviously can't.

OP
OP
Nerdkiller

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
now if they can find a way to bring back Metal Gear Online 2 without having to hack ur ps3
No, that's already available through official firmware.

https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=471&p=9238#p9238

I'm not sure that will be possible at the moment. The stats aren't registering which means trophies for the game cannot be earned.

Not to mention there were a few jagoffs that would go into matches and mess with people's stats and prevent them from earning trophies (a few of the trophy hunters I know had those encounters and were locked out of the Platinum/100%). I was able to avoid it and got the Platinum/100% prior to shutdown but it was touch and go for awhile.

If they can revive MAG and make it able to earn trophies, I would be very happy. 9% on my profile to this date.

Same with SOCOM Confrontation and the MotorStorm series. I wanted to Platinum MotorStorm: Pacific Rift but obviously can't.
I know. I was one of those folks locked out. But the team behind this though says that cheaters and hackers will be punished, so there is hope for me yet to platinum the game. I just hope anyone affected can have their stats reset.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm still dumbfounded how Sony hasn't revived this as a F2P BR title.

Note: I'd personally prefer it not to be free to play, BUT, I also would want the franchise to thrive, and I know people aren't buying Warhawk again.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I remember doing a really weird, lengthy, dodgy process to get access to the warhawk alpha/beta. Was a damn weird game but quite fun at the time.

Can emulators work for stuff like this with netplay?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'd waste a genie wish on a Bluepoint-tier developer just cranking out remasters of the best PS games like this for PS5.

I'd love to play some Warhawk, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 MP matches but on a modern system and at 60fps. I was mega terrible at Warhawk but would still dive into a remaster.