• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Are you on Windows 10? It could be the infamous Windows 10 memory leak. I got that all the damn time. Cant remember what it was that actually fixed it in the end. Like if the game is crashing and you check task manager and your mem usage is 99%, id say thats what the problem is

Thanks for answering! I'm on W7 and when I check my mem usage when crashing it's about 75% :(

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
so today's sessoion was weird

I played only quickplay so far and as consequence of that I have only seen the first 2 levels of each act.
Since i have power level 100 in every item slot I realized I had to advance to veteran mode, but with only half of the levels unlocked that didn't make sense. So I had to join custom games through the lobby browser to choose levels to unlock the reamaining ones.

now the weird thing was that I joined every single one of them during the last minute of the level, so I got very easy and fast xp. Was that just a coincidence?

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo caved in and bought it!
I played the prologue fine, but when I've tried my first quick play I had sudden random drops to 30 fps with no enemies on the screen. I don't know if it's a lag related thing or what else, but I noticed now that I forgot to install the latest nvidia driver so the situation might change

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
so today's sessoion was weird

I played only quickplay so far and as consequence of that I have only seen the first 2 levels of each act.
Since i have power level 100 in every item slot I realized I had to advance to veteran mode, but with only half of the levels unlocked that didn't make sense. So I had to join custom games through the lobby browser to choose levels to unlock the reamaining ones.

now the weird thing was that I joined every single one of them during the last minute of the level, so I got very easy and fast xp. Was that just a coincidence?

More chance of getting the earlier levels if you're doing quickplay in recruit since the game is still new.

Also I might be wrong, but you don't have to play the maps on a lower difficulty to do them on a harder one right? I went straight to veteran at release and have seen new maps.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so much fun but I wish that either the levels were half the length or that I could pause in a private match with bots. It's sometimes hard to carve out a chunk of time for a full level for me.

I'm playing a little of each class since I'm not entirely in love with any of them. Leaning a little toward the bow lady.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Agree with the pausing, that's why I can enjoy Warframe solo from time to time - the game just pauses.
Wish Vermintide would do that in a private match as well. Maybe something to pass feedback to the devs.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Would be great if there were some short 10 minute levels. I feel like there were some of those in 1.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked the Knight class for Kruber, got a good 2 handed hammer... I'm in love y'all. This shit is GREAT. I don't even care that my numbers aren't that impressive, I'm just having such a blast charging all over the place and oneshotting fools. Supplanted the Executioner's Sword as my go-to melee weapon.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked the Knight class for Kruber, got a good 2 handed hammer... I'm in love y'all. This shit is GREAT. I don't even care that my numbers aren't that impressive, I'm just having such a blast charging all over the place and oneshotting fools. Supplanted the Executioner's Sword as my go-to melee weapon.
I've almost got knight, looking forward to it.
Though I've gotta say, huntsmen is pretty great too.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Sooo caved in and bought it!
I played the prologue fine, but when I've tried my first quick play I had sudden random drops to 30 fps with no enemies on the screen. I don't know if it's a lag related thing or what else, but I noticed now that I forgot to install the latest nvidia driver so the situation might change

Do you have Vsync turned on in the game? If so, that is probably why, I bet you were near some fire. If you are using Vsync, turn it off in game and go into the Nvidia Control Panel, add the games exe to the Program settings. Scroll down and enable Vsync On and Triple buffering On, see if that fixes it.

I had zero performance issues with both betas on High settings, once the Preorder beta updated to the official release, nothing but issues with performance. Doing the above fixed my dropping to 30fps (I believe the in game Vsync is using double buffer vsync). There is still some issues with fire in a couple of maps that will drop my fps when near it, though it won't drop down to 30.

Also, I'm having a issue no matter if the game is on all low settings or not. Occasionally while playing, even when just walking around with no enemies, the game will freeze for at most a quarter of a second and I can see the fps counter drop, then it recovers, this didn't happen in either beta either. I"ve updated to the latest drivers with no difference, game is installed on a SSD.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've almost got knight, looking forward to it.
Though I've gotta say, huntsmen is pretty great too.
I am just not good enough to make Huntsman work, lol. All of Kruber's guns feel too slow-loading or low-ammo, and I can't land headshots with the bow to save my life. Maybe I'll find something down the line that makes it come together for me, but for now I'm sticking to short range and the Blunderbuss/Coach Gun.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Can't wait for the dedicated servers, because p2p is pissing me off. Tired of people leaving in the middle of the game and messing shit up for everyone.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a single player campaign? Also, can you group up with AI instead of other players?
The campaign works much in the same way it does in Left 4 Dead but is more explicit here. You progress through levels that tell an overarching story. Pay attention to the banter to follow the story beats.

You can play the entire game with AI.

It's online-only though.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
heh played a bit. This one is much harder than the first one. The default easy setting is like the normal setting in the first game. Haven't managed to beat a level yet to figure out what rewards you get or what loot die do yet compared to the first game :P

oh well at least I am halfway to level 4 lol.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if it's due to my low level or just not knowing what I'm doing, but while playing my first match I felt kind of useless. It seemed like my teammates were swatting enemies away while I had to hack away just to kill one as the dwarf. Only during a boss fight did I shine as my teammates seemed terrible at not getting themselves killed.

Anyone playing with a controller? Is there really no controller mapping for bringing up inventory?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if it's due to my low level or just not knowing what I'm doing, but while playing my first match I felt kind of useless. It seemed like my teammates were swatting enemies away while I had to hack away just to kill one as the dwarf. Only during a boss fight did I shine as my teammates seemed terrible at not getting themselves killed.

Anyone playing with a controller? Is there really no controller mapping for bringing up inventory?
I play with a controller and yeah i couldn't find one... luckily they still let you do keyboard keys on the fly so I just had to press I. otherwise there is a place in the home area that you can talk to in order to get into your inventory.

Oct 25, 2017

Once you've cleared a few missions, you'll have enough equipment that you should start feeling more viable against swarms. Hero power controls how much damage and knockback you'll do, while weapon types will have different styles of attacks geared more towards individual foes or sweeping up groups in single swings. I haven't played much of Bardin yet, but I can't imagine you'll be feeling so feeble for long!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, I played through Recruit and Veteran. And finally buckled down with buddies in specific missions and beat the game. The final mission was a cool location. However, it was quite underwhelming. I think I expected a longer epic style mission. On Veteran it was probably lower on the list in terms of overall difficulty.

Also they need to fix Sienna's beam staff. You can shoot the beam, and right click at the start of the beam firing, If you do it funnels the damage of the blast into the beam and creates an instant massive damage Ray. You can absolutely melt anything. Most special units die nearly instantaneously and bosses become fairly trivial.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So I was looking at PC Gamer's Settings guide and felt compelled to whip up an animated gif of their 1440p shots from each "level" of graphics settings. Now, these are not raw screens. Not the actual resolution. They look pretty shitty, in fact. I just thought it was a cool comparison to see the difference quickly between "Lowest" and "Extreme".

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
So I was looking at PC Gamer's Settings guide and felt compelled to whip up an animated gif of their 1440p shots from each "level" of graphics settings. Now, these are not raw screens. Not the actual resolution. They look pretty shitty, in fact. I just thought it was a cool comparison to see the difference quickly between "Lowest" and "Extreme".

vfXX5FK.gif

Awesome GIF. Thanks for making this, Horseticuffs !

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So if your power level is over 100 you should be doing the harder difficulties? In the lobby browser, no one is playing anything on veteran or champion. Literally the only games I see are for recruit. The other difficulties result in a blank browser slate. I guess since the game just launched no one thinks their ready to tackle the harder difficulties?

Oct 25, 2017
So if your power level is over 100 you should be doing the harder difficulties? In the lobby browser, no one is playing anything on veteran or champion. Literally the only games I see are for recruit. The other difficulties result in a blank browser slate. I guess since the game just launched no one thinks their ready to tackle the harder difficulties?
You need hero power 120+ for veteran. Also just do quickplay if you dont find lobbies. Plenty of people doing veteran.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Trying to get a friend hyped to play this. Anyone know of any good videos that could potentially sell it for someone who doesn't know a thing about the game?

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You could do harder difficulties, I also think they are more fun and challenging, plus you get better rewards.

Enough people are playing, me and my friends have no problem finding games on champion or veteran difficulty.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I wish recruit was worthwile a bit longer.

I guess I can just craft things from the scrap?

But damn veteran is hard, like recruit at level 1.
Maybe I just had a bad team. I am plvl 200 myself.

Siennas Beam Staff is incredible fun btw. Melting hordes of enemies.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I wish recruit was worthwile a bit longer.

I guess I can just craft things from the scrap?

But damn veteran is hard, like recruit at level 1.
Maybe I just had a bad team. I am plvl 200 myself.

Siennas Beam Staff is incredible fun btw. Melting hordes of enemies.

When you craft things their power level is based on the highest power level you've seen on an item. For a crate, the items are in the range of that number +- 10, not sure about crafting. YOu can also upgrade an item to the next rarity with scrap, but it won't increase in power level.

Veteran takes a bit of getting used to, and your level 10 and 15 skills will help out a bit. If you're playing as Sienna and haven't already, I'd highly recommend checking out Pyromancer and unchained. Both are improvements on her base class, with Pyro being straight up top tier with the right gear (crit gear, cooldown on crit, lose overheat on crit, and a bolt staff for spam). Pyro's hero abilty is a homing bolt that will one hit specials or several storm vermin or like a dozen slave rats. It's nuts. I haven't played much unchained, but its apparently pretty good too (although it has a bug atm that if you get downed by a hook rat or assassin rat when you get revived you will just overheat and die because of the accumulated damage. Absolutely awful on higher difficulties where teh downs matter).

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When do I start getting weapons that aren't like "This sorry excuse for a sword was built by a blind peasant and is makes everyone laugh at you for wielding it." in the description?

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tuned into a twitch stream yesterday for a short amount of time. The streamer was mowing down hordes of enemies with a halberd with very fast attack speed, but something was off because he was only using one animation. He later commented with "Halberd with macros is so broken". So, there are auto attack speed macros? And it's okay to use them?

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When do I start getting weapons that aren't like "This sorry excuse for a sword was built by a blind peasant and is makes everyone laugh at you for wielding it." in the description?

When you start collecting Tomes, Grimoires, or other actions that increase your chances of getting good loot such as doing a quickplay game or finding a loot dice in the game

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Tuned into a twitch stream yesterday for a short amount of time. The streamer was mowing down hordes of enemies with a halberd with very fast attack speed, but something was off because he was only using one animation. He later commented with "Halberd with macros is so broken". So, there are auto attack speed macros? And it's okay to use them?
Well I don't think they have rules in place for the usage of macros and such. I assume he was using weapon swaps to cancel which is faster than blocking due to blocking being locked longer on animations that in V1. So swing double swap swing, which you can do manually, but I assume gets tiring. Ultimately they probably shouldn't let you double swap and swing again without a cooldown, you can do the same thing with the shitty pickaxe for dwarf and it makes the weapon a lot better.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
When you craft things their power level is based on the highest power level you've seen on an item. For a crate, the items are in the range of that number +- 10, not sure about crafting. YOu can also upgrade an item to the next rarity with scrap, but it won't increase in power level.

Veteran takes a bit of getting used to, and your level 10 and 15 skills will help out a bit. If you're playing as Sienna and haven't already, I'd highly recommend checking out Pyromancer and unchained. Both are improvements on her base class, with Pyro being straight up top tier with the right gear (crit gear, cooldown on crit, lose overheat on crit, and a bolt staff for spam). Pyro's hero abilty is a homing bolt that will one hit specials or several storm vermin or like a dozen slave rats. It's nuts. I haven't played much unchained, but its apparently pretty good too (although it has a bug atm that if you get downed by a hook rat or assassin rat when you get revived you will just overheat and die because of the accumulated damage. Absolutely awful on higher difficulties where teh downs matter).
Oh yeah I love pyro. The homing bolt is incredible (though it no longer one hits all elites on veteran) and the grimoire talent is awesome.

Great caster gameplay.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game perfectly fine if you just want to play it SP? I built a new PC recently and this seems like the perfect game to play on it :)

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
What's the motion blue like in consoles?

It was so bad in Vermintide 1 on ps4 it made taking screenshots impossible

Any settings/options this time

Also, the first game is annoyingly online only, that still the case here?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I got a blue pistol and the fluff text implies its garbage still.
Play elf then everything is "better than the Empire" and posses "grace and agility of flowing waters and power of the strongest mountain" or whatever. Fluff text is just that, ultimately it doesn't really mean much, most of the weapons used by the Empire are mass produced and many are of low quality because they're meant to be used by clueless peasants that are sent to war against much stronger enemies. I assume weapons with illusions have better fluff, probably.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The community is already toxic as all fuck. Had to mute people almost every game last night.

Oct 27, 2017
The community is already toxic as all fuck. Had to mute people almost every game last night.
Weird. I've only ever heard one person even begin to speak. They said the first word of my handle, and then never even finished the sentence. I just sort of assumed voice chat was broken.

Honestly, the advent of public voice chat was the death of multiplayer to be, so I'm more than happy to keep it keyboard only.

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't think they have rules in place for the usage of macros and such. I assume he was using weapon swaps to cancel which is faster than blocking due to blocking being locked longer on animations that in V1. So swing double swap swing, which you can do manually, but I assume gets tiring. Ultimately they probably shouldn't let you double swap and swing again without a cooldown, you can do the same thing with the shitty pickaxe for dwarf and it makes the weapon a lot better.

Oh yeah, tried it out with my 2h hammer and quiet an improvement for single target damage it seems. Wonder how useful it is against bosses.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Is this game perfectly fine if you just want to play it SP? I built a new PC recently and this seems like the perfect game to play on it :)
No to both Id say.
It runs very well on older systems and its a coop online game.

While you can play the whole content with bots I enjoy it a lot more with players, even randoms.

Its not an immersive story heavy single player experience.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying the Bounter Hunter. He chunks boss health like crazy. And now that I'm level 15, I can do it for no ammo cost.

But I'm not a fan of any weapon but the rapier. The falchion just feels sluggish to me.

What's everyone's path to gearing? I saved up some gold chests for when I start to level another character (probably the dwarf) but I'm really tempted to just open them up now for my Bounty Hunter.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if asked already, but does this game have local multiplayer?
Also, is there any way you can play as the superior Skavens?

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if asked already, but does this game have local multiplayer?
Also, is there any way you can play as the superior Skavens?

No, there is no split screen or lan option.
No, the skaven aren't superior. They are actually crazy.
No, you can't play as them.