• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starburns

Oct 30, 2017
Denver
Is it worth getting if I want a fun loot/podcast game to play solo/with bots?
I would not. The bots seem better in this game than the last one, but they are really not good. Bad players are better than the bots, and my experience ~12 hours in is that you really need to be paying attention or things will go downhill very quickly. The mobs are pretty good at surrounding you and picking you off one by one - not the game to play while listening to podcasts. Or alone.

Its still a hell of a game, and most randoms I've grouped with have been pretty good, and surprisingly polite. It's more noteworthy when someone is overly bad or very selfish with resources. Perhaps because it is such a team centric game that requires you to look out for each other.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
It looks really fun and I definitely want to play it eventually. I'm just terrible as a Co-op type person because I take frequent breaks to give attention to my pets.

OP
OP
Isee

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth getting if I want a fun loot/podcast game to play solo/with bots?

Should be possible to do even vet missions with them, if they are good equipped (bots use whatever you used the last time playing the character). Still, you'll have a very hard starting time.

As a french gamer, do talking with others is important to play random coop?

Higher difficulties: Yes, definitely.
Lower ones? Not really.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
The wife and I are always looking for more people to play coop with. We're both around level 15 with 250 power level.

Steam ID: Pocky4th3win

Also anyone notice SSAO is just terrible in this game? It looks bad and has a huge performance impact.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm why do my teammates get an Emperor's Strongbox but I'm stuck with General's scraps?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm why do my teammates get an Emperor's Strongbox but I'm stuck with General's scraps?

I believe Ranald's gift is random for each player, so it's possible someone can get a good roll and get a better chest than everyone if they were on the border of a better box.

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The wife and I are always looking for more people to play coop with. We're both around level 15 with 250 power level.

Steam ID: Pocky4th3win

Also anyone notice SSAO is just terrible in this game? It looks bad and has a huge performance impact.

It looks terrible on anything lower than extreme. On extreme it is actually pretty great looking SSAO

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Anyone else playing get to the later maps? We started doing them last night and many felt unfinished and had a lot of geometry errrors with segments not connecting or obvious gaps. To make matters worse some maps just felt sloppy compared to earlier maps. The one with the catapults and the siege is a just bad map.

This game is very poorly optimized. I can't maintain a steady FPS worth shit.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Game is a LOT harder than the first, imo. My success rate is below 50% at this point, lol.

How do folks feel about the new bosses? I like the Stormfiend and the Chaos Spawn, but the Blight Troll is just kind of a nightmare to deal with. Getting hit with the vomit is just rough as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
I switched to playing pyro again after playing tons of unchained and holy shit I forgot how weak the other classes are. On vet one melee hit from anything takes out like 1/5th of my HP as pyro.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
How do folks feel about the new bosses? I like the Stormfiend and the Chaos Spawn, but the Blight Troll is just kind of a nightmare to deal with. Getting hit with the vomit is just rough as hell.

The variety is nice. The vomit is just one of those things you have to avoid. Though if someone can take take back aggro, it's not that bad if you do make a mistake. Most bosses aren't that bad unless you get a horde alongside them. Then you just need one or two to kite the boss away, while the rest deal with the horde until its over.

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a small tip... just host your own game. The game is so new and popular right now that you'll never have a problem finding ppl to join you.

Zereta

Oct 26, 2017
Never played the original. All th buzz and what I've seen footage wise seems cool. Want a second PvE repeatable game to bounce to and from with Destiny 2.

This sounds like a good fit?

Oct 25, 2017
It's neat when you solo queue for champion runs and end up in a game with three other good players. We ended up completing several champion runs with full tomes/grims with minimal communication, and only in text, since everyone played together.

Anyway, it looks like a lot of people in this thread are having a hard time, hit me up if you need some pointers. If people are interested I may help you out ingame with what to think about and how to play as a team.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how 75% of your class's passives are actually not listed on the class selection page screen lol. You need to open your talent tree and mouse over the skulls under your big passive and active to see them.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This game is damn good.

Looks amazing, runs smooth as hell, scratches those Left 4 Dead and that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic itches.

Just. *mwah*

Just great.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The game gets a lot easier (for the most part) once your hero level goes up. That and some of the weapons are much more effective depending on your play style, and depending on the bots holding them.

Speaking of the bots, it's good to know they act much as they did in the first game. As with many levels the first time around, they're inexplicably drawn toward ledges. And like before, they'll probably fall right off again once you pull them up. And they'll usually fall off while trying to save another bot.

l3Bhtpj.jpg

But the game is great, and cathartic. I love the wholesale slaughter of everything in your path.

q9wvXkK.gif

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that my sienna is levelled up a bit im wrecking hordes of ratties. Still on lvl 11 but on recruit now i can oneshot all regular enemies, and deal quite a bit of damage to bosses. Tho im dreading using Sienna on any of the higher difficulties that have FF on. Her attacks have just too much of an AOE to avoid team damage when things are going crazy.

Loving the game so far tho. One thing i found a bit surprising in reviews was people were like "yeah the voice acting is alright, serviceable, nothing amazing". I think the VA's in this are fantastic. Bardins lines are funny, i love Kerillians constant insulting of the others, Kruber is just all round cool, and Sienna is a great, almost motherly figure of the group. Also props to the game for having a clearly middle aged woman as one of its Heroes. Like for a co-op L4D game i love the characters in this more than i do most $60 AAA videogame characters that youre supposed to care about

Sparse

Oct 27, 2017
Now that my sienna is levelled up a bit im wrecking hordes of ratties. Still on lvl 11 but on recruit now i can oneshot all regular enemies, and deal quite a bit of damage to bosses. Tho im dreading using Sienna on any of the higher difficulties that have FF on. Her attacks have just too much of an AOE to avoid team damage when things are going crazy.

Loving the game so far tho. One thing i found a bit surprising in reviews was people were like "yeah the voice acting is alright, serviceable, nothing amazing". I think the VA's in this are fantastic. Bardins lines are funny, i love Kerillians constant insulting of the others, Kruber is just all round cool, and Sienna is a great, almost motherly figure of the group. Also props to the game for having a clearly middle aged woman as one of its Heroes. Like for a co-op L4D game i love the characters in this more than i do most $60 AAA videogame characters that youre supposed to care about
Victor's sneery nature, and his need, but not desire for health potions always sets my team off. And agreed at the characters being older than usual. Makes a nice change.

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Victor's sneery nature, and his need, but not desire for health potions always sets my team off. And agreed at the characters being older than usual. Makes a nice change.

Yeah i like the bitching between Saltzpyre and Sienna too. Like how he always sounds pained when complimenting her killing abilities haah

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
The game gets a lot easier (for the most part) once your hero level goes up. That and some of the weapons are much more effective depending on your play style, and depending on the bots holding them.

Speaking of the bots, it's good to know they act much as they did in the first game. As with many levels the first time around, they're inexplicably drawn toward ledges. And like before, they'll probably fall right off again once you pull them up. And they'll usually fall off while trying to save another bot.
Yeah this map is pretty bad with bots falling off. Funny thing is the other day I was doing a bot map, Chaos Spawn pops right when you get to the part with all the ledges and broken houses and stuff, all 3 bots fall off the edge almost right away so it looks pretty bad. Turns out if you go near the edge and use an ability that stagger bosses, they too can fall. Instantly killed the chaos spawn by making it fall where the bots were, then got the bots up, felt pretty good.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Still randmoly having memory crashes. I have 16gbRam so my memory is definitely not actually running out. Anyone else have similar problems?

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still randmoly having memory crashes. I have 16gbRam so my memory is definitely not actually running out. Anyone else have similar problems?

Are you on Windows 10? It could be the infamous Windows 10 memory leak. I got that all the damn time. Cant remember what it was that actually fixed it in the end. Like if the game is crashing and you check task manager and your mem usage is 99%, id say thats what the problem is

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Leveled all the characters to lvl 5 now(Dorf is 9 for bots), decked out in gear, Recruit is getting much easier to handle. I'm pretty sure I'm in the Hero Power range on all the bots that is suggested for Veteran, is probably why.

This must be a bug, I don't remember this happening before heh.
Dunno why Giphycat refuses to display the HD gif by default, instead of manually having to turn it on.

Hopefully performance fixes in upcoming patches, to get to running like it was in the betas.

Patch notes from today, Nerfing that Troll finally:
We know people had problems with Heroic Deeds - that bug is now fixed - and we want to say sorry by giving everyone two commendation chests.

This patch has been a lot about getting the balancing right and fixing some common crashes and bugs.

Please keep us updated about any feedback and bugs that you may find. Thanks!

Balance
The troll ended up slightly harder than the other bosses, especially for new players. So we made some changes:
  • Troll pukes less amounts of vomit near itself (set to same amount, 30 liters as ranged puke).
  • Troll puke liquid area lifetime reduced (from 10s to 7s).
  • Troll passive regen while walking around changed from 1.5/s to 0.5/s only on Recruit difficulty.
  • Troll downed regen min health factor changed from 60% to 50% (you can murder half-a-troll per down now).
  • Various balancing adjustments.

Stability
  • Fixed crash when starting level after changing cosmetic skin in the Keep.
  • Fixed crash when buffs were removed.
  • Fixed DX12 crash when selecting hero or exiting hero selection menu.
  • Fixed rare crash occurring when switching characters.
  • Fixed crash when Sienna Unchained was set on fire by Warpfire Throwers or Stormfiends .
  • Fixed hotjoin crash when a player joins during Halescourge fight.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where clients would not receive any rewards when completing a deed, if the owner was not the host.
  • Fixed dual sword push-stab wield chain window.
  • Fixed Fort Brachsenbrücke pickup tome.
  • Fixed missing achievements for completing Skittergate.
  • Damage numbers on training dummies set as a multiple of 100.
  • Kill feed should now show the correct career portraits.
  • End screen scoreboard should now show the correct career portraits.
  • Give item UI should now show the correct career portraits.
  • Matchmaking panel should now show the correct career portraits.
  • Fix chaos raiders getting stuck after being in a vortex.
  • Fixed issue with bots missing during the Rasknitt fight.
  • Fixed a location where bots were not coming to rescue the player hanging to a wooden platform on Skittergate level.
  • Fixed the ramp on the Skittergate end event that was not hotjoin synced.
  • 12 descriptions updated and 4 talents renamed in Simplified Chinese.
  • Fixed various localization and subtitle-issues.

Known Issues
  • Attempting to upgrade an illusion weapon will instead salvage the illusion
  • Backend issues with ISP UPC in Poland is still unresolved
  • The host can crash during the Skarrik Spinemanglr boss fight if a player joins/leaves the game
  • Skittergate bosses are currently in an unstable state.
  • Localisation work is still ongoing, and we apologise for that. We'll continue to add and improve as we patch.

Next patch
We are aware of the issues regarding the Skittergate level, we are currently working on fixing these issues. Patches are worked on continuously, and will be pushed out on a daily basis if deemed stable.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Played and won my first online game. Good fun though I'm struggling to hear audio cues for special enemies?

Oct 25, 2017
Played and won my first online game. Good fun though I'm struggling to hear audio cues for special enemies?
yeah that's something you'll just have to get used to, because unlike in l4d where enemies have to spawn around corners or in designated spawning nooks out of the main path the players are on, special enemies in VT2 can actually spawn anywhere at any time. I've turned around to watch a chaos warrior pop into existence before my very eyes lol.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

You'll learn to hear them, even if you miss them character's tend to point them out. Make sure when you spot a special to ping it for other players, especially if you're unable to kill it.