• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I really want this but I have no one to play with.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Feel ya, none of my friends are getting this yet (waiting on PS4 version) but I've been having fun with randos

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
Having trouble with the nurgle sorcerer on the 4th stage. Burglesput or whatever his name is. Tried it twice and couldn't hack it both times.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I've got the opposite problem, my friends are all trickling in on getting the game one by one, so I've cleared recruit about 6 times by now but I've only ever managed to do vet twice and only attempted champ missions once.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoying this game. I like that it's challenging even on Recruit, so it's by no means a sure thing that you will even clear a map!

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Having trouble with the nurgle sorcerer on the 4th stage. Burglesput or whatever his name is. Tried it twice and couldn't hack it both times.

Yeah, that guy is a real hurdle. I found that trying to chase him every time he teleports is mostly a waste of effort that's as likely to get you pegged by his acid ghost wave thing as hit him. Try splitting your team to the 4 corners and he usually appears along the outside wall close enough to 1 or 2 of you to wail on while the other 2 or 3 shoot him, and this way its very easy to determine who he's targeting with the ghosts and if it's a far player they can just move to the side and slip between ghosts and if it's a close player they can try to side dodge at the last moment to avoid them. Every time he teleports away after firing off his ghosts he does a little knock back and gets acid on you so try to get a good feel for the timing and when to back out from wailing on him.When he goes to the upper floor it means he's summoning a wave of enemies and if he teleports to the middle of the room he's usually summoning the big twister. It's really a long fight of attrition and avoiding damage more than dealing it, at least on lower difficulties where there aren't many boss killing wombo combos like having a player with the trinket perk that makes grenades also make a target take 50% more damage for a couple seconds and your whole team takes turns handing that player their grenade so u can chain stun and do huge dps for like 30 seconds straight.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The dash is dangerous. Many enemy attacks, poision, gas, rating etc will actually do more damage to you with a poor dash. I practically died instantly dashing as an enemy warpfire thrower started a blast because I apparently dashed slightly towards and across it which caused more ticks of damage. Yea it's just bad. The base class is the best to me, at lease on lower difficulties, just for me the extra arrows/special to take out specials quickly alone. Shade might be good on higher difficulties though.

Oct 25, 2017
Whew you know what's a fun bug? When you're doing a deed and after you go through the end gate the game bugs out and kicks everyone to the main menu instead and doesnt give anyone rewards.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The dash is dangerous. Many enemy attacks, poision, gas, rating etc will actually do more damage to you with a poor dash. I practically died instantly dashing as an enemy warpfire thrower started a blast because I apparently dashed slightly towards and across it which caused more ticks of damage. Yea it's just bad. The base class is the best to me, at lease on lower difficulties, just for me the extra arrows/special to take out specials quickly alone. Shade might be good on higher difficulties though.
Really?! I picked that toon first and haven't gotten to unlocking handmaiden. I was wanting to try the next class after that actually. I've only got to put an hour into the game so far but really like it.
The dash doesn't seem all that useful to me. And the longer distance for dodges doesn't seem noticeable.

The health regen and guaranteed arrow kills with her special are so much more useful with the first class.

Genuinely disappointed in a lot of the secondary classes in the game.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
The dash doesn't seem all that useful to me. And the longer distance for dodges doesn't seem noticeable.

The health regen and guaranteed arrow kills with her special are so much more useful with the first class.

Genuinely disappointed in a lot of the secondary classes in the game.

Agreed. Handmaiden is trash.

It's okay though because default is so much fun. I love dancing around with dual blades and randomly picking off far away specials as needed.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super envious of you PC players. I hope the console version comes out soon...

Anyway what are people's impressions of the Slayer class? I've been really torn on whether I play that or the Ironbreaker.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Handmaiden is trash.

It's okay though because default is so much fun. I love dancing around with dual blades and randomly picking off far away specials as needed.
Glaive life. On Veteran the charge underhand, Overhand strike decimates enemies. I fairly frequently one shot Chaos Champions fully armored. It has decent sweeping/range for waves and it takes chunks of health off bosses. Plus shield breaking and knockback for enemies like Beserkers.

It's pretty common for me to end a match with 4k+ dmg and 300-400 kills at level 15 now. It works well with dodge strikes too.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish I got into the first one when it was in it's prime because Im enjoying the sequel and would like more backstory on the characters. I did just purchase Vermintaide 1 and will probably go thorugh it with bots on easy just to get some backstory.

Also the sequel seems pretty difficult in a good way..havent been able to finish a mission on Recruit with bots or though quickplay yet.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, that guy is a real hurdle. I found that trying to chase him every time he teleports is mostly a waste of effort that's as likely to get you pegged by his acid ghost wave thing as hit him. Try splitting your team to the 4 corners and he usually appears along the outside wall close enough to 1 or 2 of you to wail on while the other 2 or 3 shoot him, and this way its very easy to determine who he's targeting with the ghosts and if it's a far player they can just move to the side and slip between ghosts and if it's a close player they can try to side dodge at the last moment to avoid them. Every time he teleports away after firing off his ghosts he does a little knock back and gets acid on you so try to get a good feel for the timing and when to back out from wailing on him.When he goes to the upper floor it means he's summoning a wave of enemies and if he teleports to the middle of the room he's usually summoning the big twister. It's really a long fight of attrition and avoiding damage more than dealing it, at least on lower difficulties where there aren't many boss killing wombo combos like having a player with the trinket perk that makes grenades also make a target take 50% more damage for a couple seconds and your whole team takes turns handing that player their grenade so u can chain stun and do huge dps for like 30 seconds straight.
Thanks man this is really useful. I'll try this out tonight

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ahahaha, Foot Knight Kruger with his charge ability is the funnest thing ever. I was eager to try another character after reaching level 12 but after just one match, I think I've found my favorite.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty excited for this. Really hope the PS4 version comes out soon. Looks like tons of fun with friends.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Really wish I got into the first one when it was in it's prime because Im enjoying the sequel and would like more backstory on the characters. I did just purchase Vermintaide 1 and will probably go thorugh it with bots on easy just to get some backstory.

Also the sequel seems pretty difficult in a good way..havent been able to finish a mission on Recruit with bots or though quickplay yet.
The gear scaling is a bit too extreme at low value I think, basically you start A LOT weaker than you are only after a few games. I'm a fairly decent player now but yesterday I was doing bot games cause my internet was being bad and I was leveling Saltzpyre on recruit games(figured I might as well play a low lvl if I was doing bot games) and I forgot I had unequipped him so I did a recruit game with like 45power or something and it was actually really hard, stuff just doesn't die fast enough and the bots are terrible at this power level since they often don't attack more than once between pushes. Then I figured it out, equipped my normal gear, jumped to like 160(no weapons/ranged) and finished the next map without using any healing consumables, nor did my bots.

Power should probably have a different curve at lower levels so you don't start as weak, as it's probably scaring off new players if you get grouped with other new players. On the other hand anyone who's like lvl 5-6 with semi decent gear will mow down recruit without much of an issue.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Surprised how small this thread is, considering how many people are playing/talking about this elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised how small this thread is, considering how many people are playing/talking about this elsewhere.
As a fairly new PC gamer it seems like PC gaming discussion is reserved to a very few big games. The steam thread is pretty active as well. I'm always kind of surprised when a PC exclusive game has its own thread here.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So how do you change to one of the hero's three "career paths"? Just change their primary weapon? Not sure how this works.

Some guy in chat kept telling me that I'm playing as a Mercenary and I was like... oh...ok?

Oct 27, 2017
So how do you change to one of the hero's three "career paths"? Just change their primary weapon? Not sure how this works.

Some guy in chat kept telling me that I'm playing as a Mercenary and I was like... oh...ok?
You need to go to the character selection screen in the menu. There's also a skull in the main Castle room you can use to access that screen. If you've leveled enough to change classes you'll have the option.

I also just learned that you can change talents at will in the talent screen in case you want to change those.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Escape, hero selection, character, then there's three classes to choose from provided you are level 12, two at 7, one sub level 7.

TornadoValley

Oct 27, 2017
What power level should i stop doing recruit?
I went up to veteran as soon as I was able. I started playing champion at level 15 with some subpar gear and I have been holding my own. Granted, I played a lot of Vermintide 1 so I had the basics down already, but being able to avoid damage in the most important factor. You have to get your blocking, parrying and dodging down (learn boss patterns) because on higher difficulties you can only take a couple hits before going down, less if grimores.

The funny thing is that i'm finding champion to be about as difficult as recruit was because on recruit I got some clueless teammates and it made things needlessly difficult but maybe that's because the game just came out.

TornadoValley

Oct 27, 2017
Escape, hero selection, character, then there's three classes to choose from provided you are level 12, two at 7, one sub level 7.
Keep in mind that if you're in a group, you can't change this either. You have to be at the hub or character selection screen to do this. Can't do it if a mission is progress.

Also the escape method doesn't work if a game is already queued in the hub. For some reason the option becomes greyed out and the only way to switch is by going to the skull at the top of the center area.

Oct 25, 2017
Maaan, really tempted now, only thing is holding me back is my fear of poor performance
Game's perfromance is weird, it runs ridiculously well on my PC (2.6 ghz i5, 1060 3gig, 16gigs of ram) with me being able to run it at 60 on almost every mission except 1 on high settings at 1080p but my friend has a 1070 and a ivybridge gen i7 and he can barely run the game on low at 1440p at 60fps. It's weird.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I really like the game, but I feel like the charged attacks feel kind of lame. It's a slow wind up, not a lot of feedback. I'm also not really keen on the dodging mechanic because it seems to not always work reliably. I'm sure I need to get better, but I'd rather have a little more pronounced dodge that went a little farther. Right now I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm just not dodging at the right time or if I'm just not moving enough.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw how twitch integration works for this game and I gotta say, that's pretty awesome.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
I really like the game, but I feel like the charged attacks feel kind of lame. It's a slow wind up, not a lot of feedback. I'm also not really keen on the dodging mechanic because it seems to not always work reliably. I'm sure I need to get better, but I'd rather have a little more pronounced dodge that went a little farther. Right now I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm just not dodging at the right time or if I'm just not moving enough.

Who are you playing as? Every charged attack is different. Kruber and Bardin are gonna do big area sweeps. Salz is gonna jab a sucker in the eye. Every body's play style is a little different.
Re: dodge. It took me a while to figure it out too. Are you pressing a direction when dodging? Just hitting space is gonna make you jump, and you cannot dodge forward. Dance around and hit space. Also, you might be dodging but running into a rat out of frame to your side. They can be sneaky and come up behind you and block a dodge.