• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Since I think Broken Realms is actually the lead-in to Age of Sigmar 3.0 (like Psychic Awakening into 9th edition for 40k), I do think the Seraphon are likely to get a refresh at last.

IIRC it takes GW around 2 years to get models on shelves after they begin design. They have to project what is going to sell well some time in advance.

Seraphon enjoyed a major boost in popularity due to competitive strength in the last 3 years or so. It would have taken this long for replacement models to be readied.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Cursed City is sold-out on http://games-workshop.com and we are not expecting it to return online. Many copies have been sent to local stores across the world. Please check with your local Warhammer store or independent retailer to see if they can help.

Holy fuck. I'm very glad to have gotten mine but this is some real bullshit. Since getting into Warhammer last year I've come to love GW's products but feel they get more of a pass on some of this stuff than they should. Things like this and the Tzeentch holiday box selling out in minutes to never return is awful. A company should stand by the quality of it's products to sell them, not utilize fomo.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Cursed City is sold-out on http://games-workshop.com and we are not expecting it to return online. Many copies have been sent to local stores across the world. Please check with your local Warhammer store or independent retailer to see if they can help.

Holy fuck. I'm very glad to have gotten mine but this is some real bullshit. Since getting into Warhammer last year I've come to love GW's products but feel they get more of a pass on some of this stuff than they should. Things like this and the Tzeentch holiday box selling out in minutes to never return is awful. A company should stand by the quality of it's products to sell them, not utilize fomo.

It's not (just) about FOMO - GW has a strong incentive to keep FLGS happy, and sometimes that means limiting online availability. Stores don't love it when people can just buy direct from the source and go over their heads.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

There are a few copies floating around my area at FLGS. Most of these games are distributed heavily to local stores and then online gets the rest. The initial run was going to be light to begin with because of COVID. The other issue with online sales that GW is having is scalpers. The Indomitis box set debacle left a lot of people sour to the online store experience.

It's not (just) about FOMO - GW has a strong incentive to keep FLGS happy, and sometimes that means limiting online availability. Stores don't love it when people can just buy direct from the source and go over their heads.
In addition to this, GW is also really skittish about over-printing boxed games, after Dreadfleet. Which can still be bought NIB 10 years later.

If it's not Warhammer Underworlds they don't print many.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

Imagine pulling the massive promo they did for a product made only to dissapear in a few days. Why even bother? It was going to sell like hotcakes anyway.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah this is horseshit. I was really excited to buy this but I missed the window and now I'm SOL. Did they not tell people it would be limited from the beginning? So shitty.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure they'll still be producing copies, you just can't get it delivered to you directly from GW anymore. I definitely feel for those who don't have a local shop they can go to.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is horseshit. I was really excited to buy this but I missed the window and now I'm SOL. Did they not tell people it would be limited from the beginning? So shitty.

They in fact said it would be around for a while. I didn't see this myself but responses to that tweet this morning were saying GW was going back and deleting comments where they said .

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
The product page for Cursed City is gone as well.

I'm also getting a bit overwhelmed but the sheer number of minis I have to put together. There's a lot of set up to play it.

People paint these afterwards?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sounds like Chamon and the Stormcast got fucked up and cut off from the rest of the realms, no thanks to Kroak's overzealous nature.

I will say, if that *is* Grombrindal (which it can't not be), then no wonder Be'lakor legged it. Could be interesting to see if he sticks with the Kharadron or if we see another dwarf faction emerge from this.

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy situation with Cursed City. Hopefully gw find a way to reintroduce it onto the market sometime, otherwise its a real shame for both the folk who wanted a copy and all the design team who must have spent like the last year or two designing models and tokens that will not see play other then one day of mad pre-orders.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
With Cursed City I'm just worried that I bought a product that won't get future support. I saw that the 40k Warhammer Quest got some expansion and based my purchase on that.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

It's pointless when stores can't even restock the product. It's not about online availability, it's just them making their products one and done, with no ability to buy later or wait and see with them.

In addition to this, GW is also really skittish about over-printing boxed games, after Dreadfleet. Which can still be bought NIB 10 years later.

If it's not Warhammer Underworlds they don't print many.

All the other Warhammer Quest products were available for a long time after release, Blackstone was readily produced and available for over 2 -3 years, the other quest games also were easy to come be in stores and online. They have been putting out boxed games for a long time after Dreadfleet and keeping them available and restocking them without issue. Now suddenly they are doing one and done releases?

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

q7X82ckeAdozGO80.jpg

AEWxn5q7Mh7pLG5q.jpg

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's pointless when stores can't even restock the product. It's not about online availability, it's just them making their products one and done, with no ability to buy later or wait and see with them.

All the other Warhammer Quest products were available for a long time after release, Blackstone was readily produced and available for over 2 -3 years, the other quest games also were easy to come be in stores and online. They have been putting out boxed games for a long time after Dreadfleet and keeping them available and restocking them without issue. Now suddenly they are doing one and done releases?

I'm hearing speculation that there are major issues with the import of cardboard and other printed materials from China due to the double whammy of Covid and Brexit. That would make more sense to me than GW immediately abandoning an obviously high demand product without announcing it as limited beforehand, but all I've got to work with right now is hearsay. I certainly wouldn't absolve them of poor logistical planning in either case, I just find it hard to believe that this was their intention from the start.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hearing speculation that there are major issues with the import of cardboard and other printed materials from China due to the double whammy of Covid and Brexit. That would make more sense to me than GW immediately abandoning an obviously high demand product without announcing it as limited beforehand, but all I've got to work with right now is hearsay. I certainly wouldn't absolve them of poor logistical planning in either case, I just find it hard to believe that this was their intention from the start.

Yeah, my lfgs basically said they can't get 40k orders refilled right now (missing orders from March). Something has to be up.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
The Cursed City thing is a bummer, I am now hugely regretting not buying one when I saw them in store last week.

I only collect/paint minis so didn't want to pay that much for the game but I'm hindsight I could've sold the stuff I didn't want and got the minis I wanted cheaply.

What are the chances of them releasing the minis separately? That happened with Blackstone Fortress right?

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances of them releasing the minis separately? That happened with Blackstone Fortress right?
I'm not hugely confident they will release the majority of the models. Radukar perhaps since he is on his own sprue and all the minion type monsters are on their own sprue too so they may be put out as some kind of 'start collecting Soulblight' type of thing; but the rest of the models I feel are gonna be locked to this game. If you are interested in one particular model (especially one of the heroes) I would recommend trying to get them on ebay or some resellers site asap cos they are only gonna get rarer from now on.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Warhammer Fest Online Is Next Week and It's Going To Be Big - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)
All next week, from Monday to Saturday, we'll be packing each day with reveals of brand new things coming to Warhammer, as well as hearing from some of the teams behind them. It'll be just like you're there in person, watching the panels live.

Each day will be themed around one particular part of the Warhammer hobby, so check the schedule below and find out when your favourite games are coming up. Trust us when we say you'll want to see everything anyway – there are some spectacular reveals on the way.

You can tune in to Warhammer Community from Monday 3rd May to see all of the reveals as they happen from 6pm (BST) onwards, or catch them live on Twitch. In the meantime, head over to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to let us know what you think is coming.

Pwt1oWVW8LYwrmZN.png

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Old world on the 8th maybe? That or maybe something video game related(Total War since that's in May as well)
Last Warband reveal maybe as well

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I"m pretty hyped, this starts very soon.

Last edited:

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Last minute prediction is that Kragnos is destruction, and that AoS 3.0 will be focused on them just like 2.0 was death focused.

Oct 26, 2017
One of my friends sold me on Underworld(s?) pretty hard this weekend. I love minis and I love cards. Little did I know old warbands are nigh impossible to get a hold of without spending a ton. Jiminy. Got Thundrik's Profiteers off EBay. Had to cough up $80.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
i'm predicing soulblight (duh) and cities of sigmar plus old world reveal later on.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
One of my friends sold me on Underworld(s?) pretty hard this weekend. I love minis and I love cards. Little did I know old warbands are nigh impossible to get a hold of without spending a ton. Jiminy. Got Thundrik's Profiteers off EBay. Had to cough up $80.

The minis are available without the cards, but I don't know about stock availability in other countries (I can get Thundrik's Profiteers direct from GW if it's delivered to UK, but not US). The tricky thing is the cards, those you'd almost certainly need to get second hand if you can't find any lying around independent hobby shops.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
soul blight named characters look really cool. New Radukar variant lol.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finally some new Direwolves, the current ones weren't aging well.

The large characters look nice and all but I don't love them enough to actually buy and paint one.

Between Be'lakor and now Kragnos, I wonder if the new AOS edition will put fresh emphasis on mixed grand alliance armies. With much better abilities. These two guys could each have a special position as a GA supreme leader.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I love that Kragnos model but when they first showed it I thought it would be a Beasts of Chaos model.
Doesn't look right in a destruction army to me.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

Kragnos, the End of Empires

Free at last from his mystical bonds, the ancient god of earthquakes, Slayer of Dragons, and force of unalloyed destruction, has returned to rock the Mortal Realms.

The last survivor of an ancient race, Kragnos is like nothing we've seen in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. He's worshipped as a god by the forces of Destruction, and it's easy to see why. He towers over all but the Mega-Gargants, and tales of his might have been passed down since the Age of Myth.

Kragnos is a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut of destruction, especially when wielding the legendary shield, Tuskbreaker. Armed with the Dread Mace, made from the heart of a mountain, his realm-splitting might becomes truly cataclysmic. Having hunted the ancient race of drakes nearly to extinction for little more than sport, there's not much left that can survive his focused rage.

Kragnos commands respect from the armies of Destruction, who value strength and power more than anything else. They worshipped him in ancient times, and news of his return spread quickly throughout the Mortal Realms. You can even spot a devotional effigy on his base, similar to those popping up all around Ghur, and beyond – now who might be building those?

As legend has it, the disc of his shield, Tuskbreaker, earned its name by chipping Gorkamorka's tooth.

eaTtN7NJw1SBgzAE.jpg

0vu3gH6uA6tpGdkc.jpg

TF9lf1vvTrQ8vrHO.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

Lauka Vai, the Mother of Nightmares

Vampires of the Avengorii dynasty seek to slake their thirst on the very largest and strongest prey – and they're led to battle by Lauka Vai. Her twisted body rears up high over the battlefield – the splendour and horror of her form representing the darkly irresistible nature of the Soulblight Gravelords. Lauka Vai makes the perfect centrepiece to your collection, and we can't wait to see how people paint her up.

Lauka Vai is the undisputed commander of a murderous clan of beasts and monsters. Though she retains an aspect of noble knighthood, her dark thirst drives her to commit unspeakable acts of slaughter.

A hideous amalgamation of bat, drake, and humanoid body, Vai is nevertheless possessed with a sliver of self-control and even conscience. She remembers the pride she felt as a fierce warrior queen, and she hasn't allowed herself to succumb completely to her instincts.

You can also build this incredible kit as a mighty Vengorian Lord, a new Leader option for the Soulblight Gravelords.

Embodying the true nature of all Soulblight vampires, these transformed lords revel in self-loathing. Vengorian Lords are powerful warriors and wizards – fighting at the head of Soulblight Gravelords armies from every dynasty.

tNLjWDScoBFYgbA5.jpg

Radukar the Beast

As it turns out, rumours of Radukar the Wolf's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Now known as the Beast, his animal rage has been unleashed. He bides his time prowling Shyish and plotting revenge. Swollen with power and corrupted in form, he has retained his animal cunning, lust for power, and thirst for blood (and that wolf-pelt cloak, which honestly fits better now).

YNFy1xGp6XbGAgmu.jpg

Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos

A vampire ancient beyond calculation – and a powerful sorcerer to boot – the matriarch of the Vyrkos is a force to be reckoned with. She's said to be able to command Dire Wolves directly and even curse living mortals to become wolves with a gesture of her wizened hand.

48fOJYW0DP19RHFl.jpg

Dire Wolves

Dire Wolves are a Battleline unit for any Soulblight Gravelords army, fighting not only for the Vyrkos and their vampiric kin, but all manner of undead forces.

Aa82EaWfUW8CafiF.jpg

w77l67304vMZ9Sjb.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Belladamma Volga is my highlight for today, interested to see how her wolf-transforming ability works.

The more I look at them, the less I like the big Vampire models. There's something about them that just doesn't look coherent, as if the top half of the body should be smaller, or the bottom half should be more armoured. Maybe it's just the way they're painted but they look a bit like two separate models sawn in half and stuck together.

Last edited:

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how much I care for the wolf aesthetic in the new Vampire stuff, a bit too werewolf for my liking. Otherwise that's some great stuff. Hopefully we get some on-foot vampire troops at some point. I want to do a Warcry warband of them at some point and I don't want to field skeletons and zombies, I want actual vampires.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. I know GW loves to make the half man/woman - half beast models, but I feel like they could have done more with Lauka Vai. Not necessarily 'more', but refine the idea further than just some -taurian concept. It's a bit frustrating, because I love how they made the top half of her look, especially her face.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I feel like you can borrow the top half for a good Slaaneshhi Deamon Prince conversion.

Kragnos is a nice model he's just... for an original character, he steers AOS back to the bad old days of arbitrary splitting up of things that were aesthetically clearly supposed to be together. He fits with the Beastmen, but they can't take him. He doesn't fit aesthetically with any of the factions he can lead, and such an army will look like a bit of a mess. Pretty model, but he doesn't fit anywhere he's supposed to fit.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of the taur vamp. Bottom half is sick, so is top. But together? Nah.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
The bat lady model is just weird. The human part is too big - if you think about how it would look when flying or in motion it look ridiculous and odd.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that bothers me about the 'taur vamp is that the to half is wearing super fancy armor and the bottom half is wearing a raggedy-ass loincloth. Like she got out of bed and didn't have time to get all the way dressed. Gimme some cool armor on the giant bat monster bits and we're in business.

Although, it doesn't help that the sculpt for the batmonster parts are kind of a little too humanoid? Like, it's almost standing upright, that's a weird form for a 'taur.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
I like Radukar, but yeah the bat vampires are weird. Too many arms. Rather the get rid of the human arms.