• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Slowly chipping away at this big boi, it's going to take forever to get it done haha.

gtoqdMe.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
I want to do a Mega Gargant... I just don't want to pay mega gargant prices.
Then again I'll pony up almost the same amount probably when Be'lakor goes up for preorder.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
That Gargant model's looking fabulous. He's gonna be real spectacular when he's done.

Good news for me, just got the Cursed City's being delivered email. If it ends up being tomorrow or Monday that's a lot sooner then I was scared it might have been delayed to. With that and the Crimson Court on the way I am gonna drown under the weight of vampire miniatures.

Red or Alive

Oct 28, 2017
I know nothing about painting minis. Nothing.

And yet I know that big boy is going to look like a Golden Demon winner when you're finished. That shading already looks phenomenal.

Oct 27, 2017
That Gargant model's looking fabulous. He's gonna be real spectacular when he's done.

Good news for me, just got the Cursed City's being delivered email. If it ends up being tomorrow or Monday that's a lot sooner then I was scared it might have been delayed to. With that and the Crimson Court on the way I am gonna drown under the weight of vampire miniatures.

Thanks, hopefully he will haha.

I also just got my Cursed City, more grey plastic for the backlog!

I know nothing about painting minis. Nothing.

And yet I know that big boy is going to look like a Golden Demon winner when you're finished. That shading already looks phenomenal.

Aw, you're too kind!

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, hopefully he will haha.

I also just got my Cursed City, more grey plastic for the backlog!
Mine arrived too, oddly enough like 5 minutes after I posted that earlier message. They gave me a fright making me think it wouldn't arrive today. Not gonna lie some of the sprues are mega delicate. I was lucky that it all arrived in tact but I can't help but wonder if their are breaks in other peoples sets. Might try to get at least the elven hero built asap cos I'm a little worried leaving her on the sprue given her arrow is like a 1mm diameter cylinder with no support beams at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived too, oddly enough like 5 minutes after I posted that earlier message. They gave me a fright making me think it wouldn't arrive today. Not gonna lie some of the sprues are mega delicate. I was lucky that it all arrived in tact but I can't help but wonder if their are breaks in other peoples sets. Might try to get at least the elven hero built asap cos I'm a little worried leaving her on the sprue given her arrow is like a 1mm diameter cylinder with no support beams at all.

Yeah, think that be a good idea. I hate flimsy plastic so thanks for the heads up!

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
My FLGS had quite a few extra cursed city copies, so if you weren't able to preorder might be worth it to check local stores!

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
The new Titanicus stuff today! A heavy battle titan and the Precept Maniple Battleforce. Anyone else play Titanicus?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
So, lore nerd time again. Back to the Winds of Magic in Age of Sigmar.

In original Warhammer, you had the 8 winds. Combining them resulted in either High Magic (pure, tranquil, controlled) or Dark Magic (powerful, corrupting, evil). Each wind was just part of the overall winds of magic, and it was only because humans were so limited that wizards could only control one. The winds were generally viewed as being "neutral", with the only Wind having any sort of affiliationwas the Wind of Light, Hysh., That was the wind of purity and Light, and was directly opposed to Chaos. It had spells that banished daemons and other spirits of dark magic, and it was also used to seal away many dark artifacts and chaos items.

But in Age of Sigmar, the notion of combining the winds of magic seems to have gone - both High Magic and Dark magic don't really exist. Also the Wind of Sapphire has changed to the "Celestial wind". Whilst previously it was about teleportation, storms and reading the future, now it's the magic directly opposed to chaos and the realm of Sigmar. It's the Wind of Magic that directly opposes chaos, and has the Slann and Lizardmen as well as celestial daemons. Equally, Light has lost the anti-chaos theme it had and is now focussed on logic and order and is the realm of Teclis and Tyrion.

Was there ever an explanation or anything given for why this was changed, or was just a retcon for the new setting?

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
The new Titanicus stuff today! A heavy battle titan and the Precept Maniple Battleforce. Anyone else play Titanicus?

I have the original giant 2 player box that came out a couple years ago and at least one of every Titan that's come out, minus this new one. I'd love to play but mainly I've been focused on the hobby side.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got my preorder in for The Crimson Court. Also noticed the shop had a single copy of the Fungal Loonhorde Battleforce left and I'm a sucker for a bargain so...

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I went in to my local GW store to per-order The Crimson Court with some 40k related stuff and there was one spare canceled order for Warhammer Quest Cursed City. It was an expensive day.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

I got the starter but haven't played. The constant release of new books for it seems to be a bummer and also still only focusing on the Heresy two faction thing seems like such a waste of potential. Give us other races giant mecha factions to play damnit

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got Zarbag et al. painted up in anticipation for more Gobbo related stuff. Sorry Soulblight, you're getting sidelined for now. I made the mistake of edge-highlighting the robes so now I'll have to do that for god knows how many more in the future.

zarbag_2.jpg

(P.S. Never thought I'd be painting gingivitis on a squig)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Got Zarbag et al. painted up in anticipation for more Gobbo related stuff. Sorry Soulblight, you're getting sidelined for now. I made the mistake of edge-highlighting the robes so now I'll have to do that for god knows how many more in the future.

zarbag_2.jpg

(P.S. Never thought I'd be painting gingivitis on a squig)
Goddamn gorgeous stuff, man.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I swore that I wouldn't get a grey minis backlog with AoS... it's really difficult when it takes me like 3 hours to paint a basic mini while getting new issues from the mortal realms collection every 2 weeks.

But I managed to put quite a big dent in it this WE, so that's great.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I got the starter but haven't played. The constant release of new books for it seems to be a bummer and also still only focusing on the Heresy two faction thing seems like such a waste of potential. Give us other races giant mecha factions to play damnit

I believe they are going to merge it with Aeronautica Imperialis and go back into EPIC with it. The response as been generally positive world wide and in my region people are playing it more often then I would have imagined.

As this is a AOS thread I will mention that I grabbed the Soul Wars box set to get back into the game and the Skaven Battletome as I have a large collection of unasesembled Skaven from the last army box that was released and a ton of kits never opened in the past 6-7 years as I dropped out of the hobby for a bit. I lucked out a lot as the army mechanically has not seemed to change that much. I am looking forward to getting them on the field and hopefully sometime in the nearer future they will bring back the Bretonnians.

Much of the models going to plastic has blown my mind and has made me really happy.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well there's the Seraphon centrepiece lord, not tremendously surprised to see Kroak back (if marginally more alive-looking than he used to be).

Lonely

Oct 25, 2017
he's still dead thought right? Those fingers don't look alive and he's still clothed in mummy wrappings.

Truly amazing model.
Well there's a trailer up on WarCom with a woman speaking to Kroak who I assume is Allarielle. So what I think is going to happen is:
With Nagash defeated in that book and the Necroquake undone life is flowing back into the realms. So I think some of that life will flow into Kroak and at the very least partially restore him and power him up.
Hence the new model and Warscroll for a "Kroak that only seems to have grown in power."

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well there's a trailer up on WarCom with a woman speaking to Kroak who I assume is Allarielle. So what I think is going to happen is:
With Nagash defeated in that book and the Necroquake undone life is flowing back into the realms. So I think some of that life will flow into Kroak and at the very least partially restore him and power him up.
Hence the new model and Warscroll for a "Kroak that only seems to have grown in power."
The subtitles say that that's Morathi-Khaine, if I'm looking at the same trailer.

Seems something big enough that they need to pawn it off on the Slann is coming down the pipe.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
At least the models are syncing into the lore a lot. This hobby has improved largely over the past 20 years both in storytelling and model design.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Hello I am new to warhammer as far as the TT games are concerned. I lucked into a copy of Cursed City (needed a new co-op game with my gaming group) and was wondering if anyone has any tips on storing the minis? After I construct the minis I'm worried they might snap somewhere when I put the box away.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't want to display them there are loads of companies that make foam trays where you pluck out individual spaces to store minis and then cases or bags to carry mutiples of those.

For stuff on the back burner I just use a box with a couple of sheets of bubble wrap between layers of minis.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Went into GW store for a paintbrush, left with a ton of paint. I know there are other paints out there but I feel guilty just going in for one item.

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
Hello I am new to warhammer as far as the TT games are concerned. I lucked into a copy of Cursed City (needed a new co-op game with my gaming group) and was wondering if anyone has any tips on storing the minis? After I construct the minis I'm worried they might snap somewhere when I put the box away.
I have found cases for screws and bolts have small compartments big enough for minis. They're usually very cheap too. Any hardware shop should have them

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I have found cases for screws and bolts have small compartments big enough for minis. They're usually very cheap too. Any hardware shop should have them

This is a great idea if you are not moving them around. Also there are some drawer units deep enough to have minis stand up and still be closed. If the drawers are metal you can put magnets on the bases of your miniatures and they will stay in place while opening/closing the drawer.

Apoplectoad

Mar 15, 2019
Does anyone know what's going on with the TGA forum? It just vanished a few days ago without a notice and I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything.