• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This can't be real, yet apparently is.

"And then young Trina ripped the Xenos heart out as bid by the God Emperor of mankind. One day she would become an Inquisitor and seek out the unfaithful and put them to the flame."

Edit: I made up the text Incase anyone thought I was actually quoting.

5i4nos5ee8z01.jpg

8_BDC4140_3560_49_AE_8081_19_CEBAD06_E17.jpg

Last edited:

nica2nica

Oct 26, 2017
Lol when do they sacrificed on the next panel just to keep the god-Emperor alive on the Golden Throne for like 5 seconds?

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, how are they going to explain the Imperium of Man (based on Stalinist Russia, Nazi Germany) to young readers? Lol this is too surreal to be true.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's quite funny to me, because my friend at work just today was talking about how his kid always likes to go to Games Workshop but isn't yet old enough to fully understand what's going on. This would be a great buy for him.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I'm all for it. Of course they're going to sanitize it for the audience but if it gets kids interested in reading then I don't see the harm.

The reactions on r/Warhammer are a little disheartening. I thought they'd be behind it too. But every now and then you get a reminder that fanboys will indeed be fanboys.

OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should read like weird Hitler Youth propaganda.

"Young David was told to keep an eye if any of his friends started to display psychic powers! If they do, he would need to tell a local Guardsmam so his friend can be picked up and taken to see the Emperor, where his life will be given so the Emperor can live for ever and ever!"

OP
OP
Pilgrimzero

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for it. Of course they're going to sanitize it for the audience but if it gets kids interested in reading then I don't see the harm.

The reactions on r/Warhammer are a little disheartening. I thought they'd be behind it too. But every now and then you get a reminder that fanboys will indeed be fanboys.

There's nothing wrong with it really. But the core lore is really really not child friendly.

Joezie

Nov 6, 2017
The Kids will be so excited when their Grandfather Nurgle comes to visit for story time.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
The dark elves in Warhammer 40k like to rape and torture, right? I wonder if that made it into the novel?

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
Last edited:

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Don't most people get into 40K when they're a kid anyway? I know I did.

Edit: btw 40K fans, you're all welcome to join the 40K Era thread!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wa...arkness-of-the-40k-era-there-is-only-war.614/

Definitely appeals to teenagers with the sex murder meyhem thing, but these books like like the are meant for pre teens which is...not appropriate for 40K.

I'm speaking purely from a lore standpoint. I don't give a flying fuck about the game. But I love the ridiculous lore and worry that things like this might encourage them to sanitize it.

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
This has to be some sort of long-con by Eldrad.

Reject the Daemon, the Alien and the Witch!

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely appeals to teenagers with the sex murder meyhem thing, but these books like like the are meant for pre teens which is...not appropriate for 40K.

I'm speaking purely from a lore standpoint. I don't give a flying fuck about the game. But I love the ridiculous lore and worry that things like this might encourage them to sanitize it.

Doubtful. I mean, they just released a new faction of elves that emerged from the sea who pillage cities to harvest souls for their own people that were born without any and enslave their eel, shark, and giant sea turtle mounts by force.

And they're meant to be on the side of Order.

Manzoon

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast, USA
This is one of the craziest kids marketing things I can possibly think of, like holy shit how can a kid conceptualize how fucked the Warhammer universes are?

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Slaanesh has been sidelined to the point that he hardly exists in Age of Sigmar. At least The Dark Eldar are still drug-addicted sadomasochistic space pirates, totally awesome, in other words.
Slaanesh hasn't been sidelined in Age of Sigmar. That Chaos god might not be front and center as others, but GW is clearly planning to do something with Slaanesh in future.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I did not expect such books to exist

I will say this though: brothers of the snake is a fun space marine centric book

Oct 31, 2017
That's absolutely hilarious

I really hope there is one were the young protagonists witness a demonic invasion and then get to be culled with the rest of the surviving population for knowing demons exist.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
okay, but WHFB or Age of Sigmar? This is a very important question e: wait nvm is AoS

I genuinely love these and am going to buy them. Particularly because WH is one of the most unashamedly try-hard edgelord IPs out there

It's AoS? I wasn't really interested but sad to hear.

Playing Vermintide 1/2, and Warhammer Total War makes me sad that WHFB is 'over'.

Age of Sigmar looks like it's just Fantasy 40K. While Fantasy and 40K shared stuff, obviously, they still felt like they had their own unique flavor which AoS seems to lack.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Slaanesh hasn't been sidelined in Age of Sigmar. That Chaos god might not be front and center as others, but GW is clearly planning to do something with Slaanesh in future.
Indeed, AoS isn't a static setting, the imprisonment of Slaanesh isn't going to be permanent. GW is obviously setting up a future campaign. The prison is already weakening, you can now see it on AoS 2nd edition's map, and I'm sure once Slaanesh inevitably escapes there'll be a bunch of new miniatures too.