• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any indication on when will the new Aeronautica Imperialis stuff be released? I feel the urge to print an Epic40k Eldar army and I absolutelly need those fighters and bombers.

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
Off to pick up my Kill Team pre order shortly. Going to have to get the compendium for sure so my buddy and I can play without having to complete making the box set first. Pretty sure we have a reiver, necron and deathgaurd kill teams we can get started with.

Edit: saw the glasshalfdead YouTuber ring bound his rulesbooks. Very smart, definitely want to do that.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Question, since belief can change reality in this universe, how come there aren't no counter parts to the demons and gods. Like no one has hope or love or even faith in science?

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Box set + metal measure thingy arrived today. Box is pretty big, more so than I expected. Guess it's all that ork terrain!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Question, since belief can change reality in this universe, how come there aren't no counter parts to the demons and gods. Like no one has hope or love or even faith in science?
Tzeentch actually is a god of hope. And Nurgle is a twisted kind of love.

The trick is, the chaos gods have huge purviews. Like, if you feel anything "to excess," Slaanesh gets juice from that. There's warp entities that feed on all kinds of very specific emotions, but the big 4 take the lion's share.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Tzeentch actually is a god of hope. And Nurgle is a twisted kind of love.

The trick is, the chaos gods have huge purviews. Like, if you feel anything "to excess," Slaanesh gets juice from that. There's warp entities that feed on all kinds of very specific emotions, but the big 4 take the lion's share.
Man do you stalk me over the net

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
One more question, can you travel from the warhammer 40k universe to warhammer fantasy one? Since the gods are the same, seems like that would be a thing

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
One more question, can you travel from the warhammer 40k universe to warhammer fantasy one? Since the gods are the same, seems like that would be a thing

No. Way back in the very very early days of the game there was the occasional hint that the world of Warhammer Fantasy was someone in the Eye of Terror, but Games Workshop has always been clear they are totally different settings. With Age of Sigmar they've increased that distance, as Slaanesh is imprisoned in that setting and the Horned Rat is the fifth chaos god.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Deamons pretty much, but some armies from 40k can kinda go to AoS in the form of proxies if everyone is cool with it, I have a friend that just uses Night Haunt as Necrons. Kitbashing those two armies is fucking rad though lol

tumblr_phx7g2NICy1r4uqv4_640.jpg

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Got my kill teams. It is nice that a ton of people in my area were excited and hyped for it as the game looks to be a fun and fast alternative to 40k.

Now I eagerly await for Ork stuff to be put back out into the world.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my local group but no one was available to play 40k. Two guys brought 10k each and were duking it out. Turns out, 10k of Black Templars can't hold 10k of every biggest demons models, chaos names and even treacherous Cawl healing a 3000 points titan.

So as a fellow Astartes I joined my 2000 Deathwatch points to the falling Black Templar. It was random, messy but fun and light hearted. my deployement was basically facing Mortarion, a Bloodthirster, Magnus and a Skull Lord.

PXL_20210829_125730029.jpg

PXL_20210829_125719615.jpg

That brave Emperor's Champion :

PXL_20210829_132820655.jpg

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
That last pic is amazing. No wonder there's a new champion coming out, I doubt there's anything left of that one there LOL

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
So stupid question, Kill Team box is my first foray into miniature gaming. When I get my box, for the Death Korps and Orks, will I have choices of how to set up each soldier or are they already pre configured as far as loadouts? Mainly want to know, do I need to figure out team build prior to building them or is there only one way to build them. What I dont want to do is build everything and then realize I screwed up team configurations.....

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So stupid question, Kill Team box is my first foray into miniature gaming. When I get my box, for the Death Korps and Orks, will I have choices of how to set up each soldier or are they already pre configured as far as loadouts? Mainly want to know, do I need to figure out team build prior to building them or is there only one way to build them. What I dont want to do is build everything and then realize I screwed up team configurations.....

You'll get an assembly instruction manual with the box that will lay out how to build each model and what options you can use for each of them. Here's an example of one of the pages you'll see:

6o3XdDO.jpeg

So you'll probably want to figure out team composition before you put them together.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get an assembly instruction manual with the box that will lay out how to build each model and what options you can use for each of them. Here's an example of one of the pages you'll see:

6o3XdDO.jpeg

So you'll probably want to figure out team composition before you put them together.
Well that kinda sucks, I have never played WH40K or Kill Team....I have no clue what makes a good team lol. And you cant buy spares of the DK yet right....

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
There are rules for what the fire team can field but the box doesn't actually have enough models to assemble them all.
Also there's an issue with the provided arms, as mentioned here.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest issue ATM is they give you three left arms for bolter, plasma gun and melta gun but you can only right one arm and, that right arm is used in three different builds. Really frustrating.

Edit. Oh woops just posted.

I actually built the plasma gunner as the coms guy and going to build the melts gunner as the brute, but still frustrating

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I will need to read peoples build once I have my set and see what works well......going to take me forever to paint everything anyways hehe

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The new ork Boyz kit has very limited options, very disappointing after the excellent kommandos kit.

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
The new ork Boyz kit has very limited options, very disappointing matter the excellent kommandos kit.
youtu.be

The new Ork Boyz kit has broken my green heart

whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyBuy stuff for tabletop and that if you want: (This is an affiliate link): https://elementgames.co.uk/warham...
Just came to post this because I saw rumblings about it online and didn't understand until I saw this video. Holy shit, what a dick move from GW.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyBuy stuff for tabletop and that if you want: (This is an affiliate link): https://elementgames.co.uk/warham...
Just came to post this because I saw rumblings about it online and didn't understand until I saw this video. Holy shit, what a dick move from GW.

These are like the indomitus and Dominion push figure pieces, you can see the hexagon shaped attached to one of each orc's feet just like them.

After they reboxed the old orc boys kit, I had a feeling this was going to happen. It's just like the slaves to darkness refresh in AoS.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
After watching several of my favorite miniature painters on Youtube go through their piles of shame, I did the same with my 40k stuff. Good lord I have a lot. Like, a lot a lot. I did take the time to organize and change my storage solution while I did this.

I have full Eldar, Tyranid, Genestealer Cult, & Blood Angel (first born) armies with decent sized contingents of Deathwatch, Space Wolves, Ultramarines, Death Guard, Chaos undivided, Necrons & Primaris. My Space Hulk project continues to grow with around 300 minis for that game alone. I have everything available for Necromunda & Blood Bowl including almost all the forgeworld stuff for each game. I also have a few boxed games like Overkill & Blackstone.

I think I am going to sell off a bunch of older minis from the 80's & 90's. There seems to be a pretty big demand for that stuff and I need to be honest with myself and know that I'm not going to do anything with it. I have also decided on an order to assemble and paint what I own. I will keep concentrating on Space Hulk since that is one of my largest projects that touches a little bit of everything. I will do a couple of Necromunda Gangs (Genestealer Cult & Chaos) to break up just painting terminators for months at a time.

The crazy part is this is just my 40k stuff. I have other huge board game painting projects too. All in all I estimate I have around 4500-5000 miniatures total, with 3 more gigantic board games arriving early in 2022. Yikes!

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the compendium, Slaanesh fuggin sucks in the new KT. No range, 8 wounds and 6+ def. Nugle is 5+ Def, gets their 5+ invulnerable save and has 6in rang options, only downside is movement, but that invulnerable save is gonna be good. Pink horrors are pretty good too with full range attacks.

Going to pick up some stealth suits to fill out my Tau list, but looks like my Slaanesh are staying in my normal 2k point 40k army.

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
youtu.be

Yeah it's such a shame, i was going to buy 2 or 3 boxes to make up a bunch of new Shoota Boyz for my Bad moons. Not now though :( Will have to pick up some deffkoptas from ebay.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So the new Kill Team. If I want to play it do I need anything besides the rulebook? Theres a bunch of items, new templates, etc out there but wondering if it's even worth buying into the box set or I can just get the core book like I did with the old Kill Team?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Going by the compendium, Slaanesh fuggin sucks in the new KT. No range, 8 wounds and 6+ def. Nugle is 5+ Def, gets their 5+ invulnerable save and has 6in rang options, only downside is movement, but that invulnerable save is gonna be good. Pink horrors are pretty good too with full range attacks.

Going to pick up some stealth suits to fill out my Tau list, but looks like my Slaanesh are staying in my normal 2k point 40k army.

I disagree. A Daemonette/Pink Horror mix sounds pretty good to me.

Daemonetttes with Relentless + Piercing Claws (+1 Crit and rending on 4s) sound pretty fun... If you can reach your opponent.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Still building up the box set.

1. Ork terrain is amazing, I love how modular it is.
2. Haven't built up the orks yet, but the kit looks cool but the layout is rough
3. Built up the kriegers and they're amazing but man this isn't new player friendly at all.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

Christ, this makes me scared shitless for the rumored new Eldar kits.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. A Daemonette/Pink Horror mix sounds pretty good to me.

Daemonetttes with Relentless + Piercing Claws (+1 Crit and rending on 4s) sound pretty fun... If you can reach your opponent.
The if you can reach your opponent is the biggest issue, they are so squishy. I'm going to run Stinky Bois and Pink Bois and see how that goes.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, this makes me scared shitless for the rumored new Eldar kits.

It depends if they retire the old kits or not.

The common thing with the new chaos warriors start collecting or the combat patrol ork Boyz is they are still releasing the old kits.

The necron warrior kit is like this as well but it works well as that unit had no customization in the first place.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have a random lore related question.

I'm currently reading through all of the Primarch novels and making my way through the Horus heresy books along the way. Literally every single time that The Lion has appeared in any of the stories or recollections of him that his brothers have he comes off as a solid gold-plated dick. He is secretive, vindictive, and almost intentionally antagonistic at every opportunity towards his brothers. Especially towards Gulliman. Also the stuff that he does in order to try and get at Konrad is just all kinds of messed up.

So why is it that he is so many people's favorite Primarch and why do all of his brothers consider him, Horus, and Sanguineous to be the best of them?

Is there some kind of context that I'm missing? Or is it more fleshed out as time goes on? Because he is constantly referred to by his brothers as being such a great guy, but I just haven't seen it yet.

Oct 28, 2017
Is that kit the actual new Ork kit or a monopose type kit they put into the new "getting started" boxes?

I'm currently reading through all of the Primarch novels and making my way through the Horus heresy books along the way. Literally every single time that The Lion has appeared in any of the stories or recollections of him that his brothers have he comes off as a solid gold-plated dick. He is secretive, vindictive, and almost intentionally antagonistic at every opportunity towards his brothers. Especially towards Gulliman. Also the stuff that he does in order to try and get at Konrad is just all kinds of messed up.

So why is it that he is so many people's favorite Primarch and why do all of his brothers consider him, Horus, and Sanguineous to be the best of them?

Is there some kind of context that I'm missing? Or is it more fleshed out as time goes on? Because he is constantly referred to by his brothers as being such a great guy, but I just haven't seen it yet.

The Dark Angels have gone through a lot of character assassination through some really bad writing. Also people don't really like the Lion, though he has the best Forgeworld model of the Primarchs by far in my option.

The deal with the Lion is that he's completely asocial in that he really doesn't care about how or what people think of him, he just does his job at maximum efficiency because that's what he's meant to do. The books kind of stuff this up but the Lion isn't meant to be some weirdo anti-social asshole. Everyone sees him as hyper-competent at his job and I believe he was 2nd behind Horus in terms of number of worlds brought under the Imperium only without any of the ego Horus had. For some people, this is unnerving because they see there has to be a catch and price to this loyalty.

The whole deal with the Night Lords (and other traitor legions whose homeworlds he blew apart) is that the Lion took it upon himself to destroy them as the de facto Warmaster of Imperium Secundus. He thought it was the right thing to do so he did what he wanted to do.

The disagreement between the Lion and Gulliman is a difference in values and ego.

The Lion wanted to wipe the traitors out ASAP, even if it meant killing civilians in Ultramar. While Gulliman might be more benevolent than a lot of other Primarchs, one of the big plot points is that Gulliman is purposely hiding his huge ego and is arrogantly proud of his achievements, as noted by Corax. It dovetails well with Gulliman's relationship and history with Logar.

Last edited:

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada

I never got the impression they thought he was a great guy to hang around with; I think it's great like "he's great at his job/ he's a great leader and general" type thing. I struggle to think of any primarch that would be described as friendly with him.

As for being people's favourite I never really got that impression either; the Dark Angles always seem like one of the lesser known loyalist chapters.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
The if you can reach your opponent is the biggest issue, they are so squishy. I'm going to run Stinky Bois and Pink Bois and see how that goes.
I don' think they are as squishy as you are worried they are. Daemonettes have their 5+ invul save, plus a free 2 inch move with their musician, plus a free dash if you use their tac ploy, plus a +1 to their save if they are near their icon. You play them smart and you are gonna always be behind cover with a conceal order for the first turn and by turn two you are gonna be in the opponents face with your relentless melee. For me I think Nurgle+Slaanesh or Nugle+Khorne is my pick for kill team of choice.

Their is an argument for taking just a mono Khorne kill team, popping their +1 attack tac ploy every turn and just running head first into the enemy. 12 Bloodletters with 5 attacks each and 5+ lethal on everyone, not sure how effective it will be but it would be bloody for sure.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
The Ork Kommandos have so much personality and character.

Its really interesting seeing these new sprues (for Kommandos and dkok) being designed to accommodate a generic loadout for 40k, and a unique load out for Kill Team.

Its amazing how they have managed to fit everything in. Only issue is that the numbering of parts is all over the place. Spent so much time searching across the 3 sprues. They are not in numerical order.

I'm excited to see the rumoured kill team sprue updates for other factions. I'm hoping the updated box for Pathfinders has as much personality as these two teams. Annoyingly though it will let GW up the price of some of there older troop boxes.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The Ork Kommandos have so much personality and character.

Its really interesting seeing these new sprues (for Kommandos and dkok) being designed to accommodate a generic loadout for 40k, and a unique load out for Kill Team.

Its amazing how they have managed to fit everything in. Only issue is that the numbering of parts is all over the place. Spent so much time searching across the 3 sprues. They are not in numerical order.

I'm excited to see the rumoured kill team sprue updates for other factions. I'm hoping the updated box for Pathfinders has as much personality as these two teams. Annoyingly though it will let GW up the price of some of there older troop boxes.
What are the rumours for the other factions?

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
So the new Kill Team. If I want to play it do I need anything besides the rulebook? Theres a bunch of items, new templates, etc out there but wondering if it's even worth buying into the box set or I can just get the core book like I did with the old Kill Team?

The core book has the rules, but doesn't have any rules for the individual teams themselves like the old one. The rules for the Kommandos or Krieg are in the Octarus box. The rules for everyone else are in the Kill Team Compendium book, or will be in White Dwarf or future suppliments. It's an awful mess tbh.

I would say at this point the best thing to do is still to buy the box set, and if you don't want the models shift them on eBay, which will nearly recoup the money anyway. That's far cheaper than buying all the parts individually, and gets you the Octarus team's rules too.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
What are the rumours for the other factions?

There's multiple leaks rights now.

But I consider the one listed her to be most credible

Post in thread 'Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War' https://www.resetera.com/threads/wa...e-40k-era-there-is-only-war.614/post-71623092

Edit. The two codex rumor (custodes vs gsc) conflicts with some other rumors (tyrannids vs imo guard). So ymmv but I trust this source more.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Another Angels of Death episode is up on Warhammer +.

I am somewhat disappointed by the weak boltgun sounds in it. There should be a standard sound for it by now.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda lame they only added one animation video this week. Why launch with Hammer and Bolter and Angels of Death then not have any new Hammer and Bolter for the very next week. They launched with 3 Hammer and Bolter.....I expected it to be in short supply at first but figured we would at least get one of each show.