• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Oye!!

Ya cheeky gitz

Anudder Ork in plain site!!!

r15EfKn.jpg

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
So here's the rumored BT Stuff (spoilered in case people don't want to see it), these were listed by Valrak (and right now I think Valrak is GW's best hypeman, so they leak stuff to him on purpose ).

Primaris Hellbrecht (still has one metal arm - helmeted and unhelmeted version)
Primaris Grimaldus
Primaris Emperor's Champion
Primaris Castellan
Primaris Ancient
Primaris Sword Brethren
Primaris Crusader Squad
Vehicle Upgrade Sprue

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if part of why Marines get so much attention is because they have so many deliberately distinct subfactions which means that more players can find something to like in the Space Marine line.

I wonder if part of why Marines get so much attention is because they have so many deliberately distinct subfactions which means that more players can find something to like in the Space Marine line.
IIRC they've got stats showing exactly that. For a lot of people, different marine chapters are almost completely different factions, not just part of undifferentiated "space marines".

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC they've got stats showing exactly that. For a lot of people, different marine chapters are almost completely different factions, not just part of undifferentiated "space marines".
Then what would happen if they started introducing that kind of variety to the other factions? If the themes and lore of the different Craftworlds were as distinct as the Black Templars to the Ultramarines to the Blood Angels?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Then what would happen if they started introducing that kind of variety to the other factions? If the themes and lore of the different Craftworlds were as distinct as the Black Templars to the Ultramarines to the Blood Angels?

You could argue that they're doing this with the Beast Snaggas and Speed Freakz.

And I just don't see it. I think Imp guard with all its regiments maybe, but look at forge world, most popular range is 30k and the 18 legions.

Oct 26, 2017
Black Templar rumors

rumors are

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

Primaris Emperors champion

BT specific Primaris Ancient (new ind. char or maybe a generic )

Primaris Castellan ( Lieutenant )

New Vehicle upgrade kit ( additional melter were mentioned)

New Primaris Sword Brethren

New Primaris Crusader squad (yes, new neophyte models)

Vows are there instead of a super doctrine
www.bolterandchainsword.com

Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Huge teaser from GW today! Discuss!

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Gareth castellan Crowe is up.

Looks bigger just like the chaos marine refresh, but definitely not primaris.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Emperor preserve us. The seal is broken.
image0.jpg

I had been looking for it for ages. As it was the game that originally got me into tactics and 40k both. I found it… but :(

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, for Kill Team, are we expecting Dominion like release too, where it will probably be out the month or so after pre-orders?

Oct 28, 2017
Actually he pretty much looks Primaris sized.

To be fair, the old Grey Knight sculpts are not only "short" but they've also got that squatting pose that a tonne of Games Workshop models had that made them look super short.

There's just been a general size increase in all of Games Workshop's models. The Necromunda models, for example, are astronomically huge compared to other guardsmen despite being theoretically the same scale.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
I hope the rules for Kill Team 2.0 is closer to say a warcry than 40k.

I don't think making the rules of Kill Team derivative of 40k worked. It's not needed now anyway with Crusade.

I hope it is something completely bespoke and plays completely different.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think making the rules of Kill Team derivative of 40k worked. It's not needed now anyway with Crusade.

From what we've seen of the stats so far. I think this is a given (Kriegers having 7 wounds, orks having 14 wounds).

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Would the new Kill Team box be a better entry into 40k than something like the WH40K Command edition? Is there a date and price yet?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Would the new Kill Team box be a better entry into 40k than something like the WH40K Command edition? Is there a date and price yet?

Probably not (with a caveat), both orcs and imp guard are horde armies and are both pretty expensive to play in 40k proper. However, they should be more than viable in kill team. I would suggest going SMALL when diving into 40k so kill team works, but if you're doing this to play say 500 points (combat patrol in 40k) I would advice cheaper armies.

Preorder date is probably in August with the set being released a week after, with around $200 usd as the price.

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
Probably not (with a caveat), both orcs and imp guard are horde armies and are both pretty expensive to play in 40k proper. However, they should be more than viable in kill team. I would suggest going SMALL when diving into 40k so kill team works, but if you're doing this to play say 500 points (combat patrol in 40k) I would advice cheaper armies.

Preorder date is probably in August with the set being released a week after, with around $200 usd as the price.
Pretty sure pre order is next week? But yeah it'll be a bit pricey.

Edit: probably getting confused with the Ork box.

Last edited:

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking this is something that is self contained so maybe a better entry point as in play this for a while then get into WH40K proper? Or is there something out there better for this in general?

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like it will. Alternating activations, action points, different movement and range rules, wounds, etc.

One thing i like about Warcry too is that i didn't have to fuss with customizing a Warband. Hopefully jumping into a match of the new Kill Team can be quick and easy if you want.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Yeah I was thinking this is something that is self contained so maybe a better entry point as in play this for a while then get into WH40K proper? Or is there something out there better for this in general?

Honestly, this works, and if you ever get to itch to go to 40k proper, you can collect a combat patrol army of your choice (or read the various start competing articles like goonhammer has).

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Damn those kill team models and new giant squig models look so damn good. GW knocking it out of the park this round.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do we know yet if Grey Knights are getting Primarisized? Wonder what will be the equivalent to their terminator units...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
So do we know yet if Grey Knights are getting Primarisized? Wonder what will be the equivalent to their terminator units...

Crowe is the only unit they're probably getting this refresh, and he is not getting primarized supposedly(does not have the key word primaris). He's mostly getting upscaled just like the chaos marine refresh.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crowe is the only unit they're probably getting this refresh, and he is not getting primarized supposedly(does not have the key word primaris). He's mostly getting upscaled just like the chaos marine refresh.

Hm, wonder what the in-universe explanation for GK not getting the Primaris treatment will be.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah don't the Grey Knights have special gene seed engineered directly from the Emperor's anyway? They're not gonna let Cawl get within a mile of that.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
GW have shown what the new unit datacards look like in Kill Team:

Initial thoughts are this looks solid. I like their is space for special rules for individual units (something I feel Warcry lacks) and it looks like it is in a nice balance of accessible but not make it overly simplistic. Although still got a lot of questions like what the DF stat means mechanically, what the GA stat is (some kind of points value?) and how melee actually works. Interesting to see how it shakes out later in the week.

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure DF is defence which is the opposeses the weapons attack roll. If is is a ranged attack then the save will come into play.

GA could be group allowance?

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
As far as I can see, if the character is 3o then it's 3 times the o side of the measuring thingy, and o represents 2 inches…. but there's a 6 inch ruler in the box as well so…
Man just use a tape measure already.

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
That measuring system is very Marvel crisis protocol. I think I get the idea around it as it makes it easier to define a chunk of movement. Makes more sense if you can interupt movement actions with other actions.