• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
It will likely be bundled with the warhammer app subscription too. Otherwise they might as well jist pack it up and bury it.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
If they were smart they'd include codexes and maybe expansion books. It will be interesting to see how they balance having a good value product to draw in the necessary sub numbers vs what they lose from whales who buy all the books that are released.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
$60 a year might be worth it for the two free miniatures alone TBH.

I may throw that down and see where it is a year on.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Back catalogue of Warhammer publications - that's something that appeals to me.

2020 issues of White Dwarf.

More content added every week.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
204951289_29908398412xqj0u.jpg

Not bad!

Edit: sounds like there'll be occasional offers/discounts on the web store for subscribers too.

Edit 2: Cheers for the vid above!

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ah looks like I was right in terms of them doing their own battle report shows!

£4.99 a month or £50 a year doesn't seem too bad if you like the minis. I quite like that Vindicare…

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
It's too vague on the promises. I mean none of the content is bad per se, but one miniature a year from now is not enough to go in blind. Now if they offered all rules in the app as well, I'd do it. But not like this.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd want to know what the schedule for animation is too. If they are going to stretch it out with one episode of two shows a week, then I'm less interested than if I can binge watch everything. In which case I'll just wait and sub for a month a year down the line

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I also wonder if the shows will be able to be played on my TV or is it just on devices through an app? I guess I could cast it to the TV...

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
This is key for me. If you have to watch the animations through a browser using their video player software it's a hard pass.

I feel like I have to read between the lines on everything they have said so far because the actual details are so thin. Well, I guess they have 2 entire months to offer more info so I'll just wait and watch along with everyone else.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this turned out way better than I thought. That Vindicare is goddamn amazing and they ended up with a crapload more stuff than I expected.
It really has stuff for every 40k fan out there : tabletop, lore, animation, hobby, I'm impressed.
Definitely thinking to get the Warhammer sub now and upgrade on release to get the vindi faster.

I hope the White Dwarf archives will go WAY back, I would love to check out these old articles/minis as they were presented then.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Now that I think about it, it's kinda weird that GW led with the red herring of cool exclusive models. Because that's not what this thing should be about at all. Also, I wonder how must have those models will feel in August 2022 when you can actually get them.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
They will be available in May since the current Warhammer app subscribers will get it 3 months early.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The megaboss is pretty cool too, but the fact that vindicare is basically two figures in one (the assassin and a nifty scenery piece) makes it the winner. I"ll probably get both.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, getting back into the hobby for the first time in years. Contrast Paints are awesome. Was gonna do traditional Blood Angels, but then I saw what happens when when you use them over Retributer Armor (of which I had a can left for when I was going to start a Custodes army). Man I love the results. First coat done, will do touch-ups and the helmets tomorrow.

vk64W4W.jpg

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Now that I think about it, it's kinda weird that GW led with the red herring of cool exclusive models. Because that's not what this thing should be about at all. Also, I wonder how must have those models will feel in August 2022 when you can actually get them.
Yeah. They are supposed to be an additional bonus, I really want to see a lot more about the programme schedule but they've still got 2 months I guess
So, getting back into the hobby for the first time in years. Contrast Paints are awesome. Was gonna do traditional Blood Angels, but then I saw what happens when when you use them over Retributer Armor (of which I had a can left for when I was going to start a Custodes army). Man I love the results. First coat done, will do touch-ups and the helmets tomorrow.

vk64W4W.jpg
Nice, they do look smart! Welcome back.

Contrast paints are really nice tools. I use some as intended, but some just for adding intensity to other colours (I don't like the Dark Angel green contrast paint on it's own but a thin coat of it over the top of the standard calibangreen/warpstone gives a lovely forest green finish). Apothecary white is great, and skeleton horde I use more as a simple wash over wraithbone for bone/purity seals. Black Templar I use for blacklining models where I want to start from a white undercoat but it has lots of dark details- like my sisters repentia, who have a ton of skin but also large weapons and bionic parts. It just flows really nicely and quickly.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys understand the Radical Bond and Malus Codicium rules ? (for Inquisitor Eisenhorn)

cvARJTd.png

For Radical Bond, who gets +1 hit roll, wound roll and invul save ? Eisenhorn or the Demonhost ?
Same for Malus Codicium : who gets +2 Strengh, Toughness and Wounds ?

I feel Radical bond if for the Demonhost and Malus is for Eisenhorn himself no ?

Also, when summoning the Demonhost, do you pay its points cost in the list before hand or is it " free " ?

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys understand the Radical Bond and Malus Codicium rules ? (for Inquisitor Eisenhorn)

I read it as both the buffs apply to the daemonhost. The abilities use the words like 'this model' in reference to Eisenhorn and 'that model' in references to the daemonhost and I believe it is specifying 'that model' when it talks about the actual mechanical buffs.

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I think you would need to spend reinforcement points to bring in the daemonhost. Generally speaking if a model ain't on the board at game start, in your reserves and isn't being added to a pre-existing unit (hello Necrons) then you have to pay reinforcements unless the ability specifies otherwise.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
God damn Belakor is an utter beast. -1 to hit, -1 to wound from ranged, toughness 7, 4+ invul and a strategem that just eliminates all damage for 1 attack. I wasn't gonna get him but I do have a lot of daemons and Black Legion models and they are certainly making him tempting.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
God damn Belakor is an utter beast. -1 to hit, -1 to wound from ranged, toughness 7, 4+ invul and a strategem that just eliminates all damage for 1 attack. I wasn't gonna get him but I do have a lot of daemons and Black Legion models and they are certainly making him tempting.
I modified my Nurgle/Slaanesh list to include him in because even without the other unit synergy he is just fucking nuts. Slaanesh up front, Nurgle in the back and Belakor to just fuck shit up. It's going to be a party lol

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
For some reason I just had a flashback to painting my first models - some metal rouge trader swooping hawks which i got back when 2nd edition launched. Damn it GW wheres the craftworld update already...

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I just had a flashback to painting my first models - some metal rouge trader swooping hawks which i got back when 2nd edition launched. Damn it GW wheres the craftworld update already...
Eldar basically need their entire range redone outside of Farseers, Autrachs, Jetbikes, Wraith units, Banshees and Jain Zar.

It's insane how far behind the model range is in 2021.
Space Marines have just completed their second complete plastic army, to replace their first complete plastic army.

Meanwhile Eldar have 85% of their range dating back twenty years plus, with many units never even making it to plastic.

It's kinda madness.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Eldar basically need their entire range redone outside of Farseers, Autrachs, Jetbikes, Wraith units, Banshees and Jain Zar.

It's insane how far behind the model range is in 2021.
Space Marines have just completed their second complete plastic army, to replace their first complete plastic army.

Meanwhile Eldar have 85% of their range dating back twenty years plus, with many units never even making it to plastic.

It's kinda madness.

It's not really madness perse, they're definitely not getting squatted but they're definitely on the low end of xenos races getting love (see orks getting a decent sized refresh with speed freaks and and a pretty large one with the current refresh plus snake bites). They also kinda had the Tyranid issue with another faction stealing some of their thunder (harlequins and gsc). And more recently the Ynnari.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Check out the background on this image. Hopefully the kill team 2.0 rumor is true.

JZdl5uis4udid4eL.png

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I've given up all hope well ever get a second edition. GW just seemingly doesn't care. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

There's more clues than normal for this one, kill team references in the html code etc.

Rumored contents spoiler tagged just in case.

Heavily rumored to be death korp of krieg/imp guard vs ork commandos

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
I've given up all hope well ever get a second edition. GW just seemingly doesn't care. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

Crossing my fingers that there has been enough teases. Pariah Nexus was such a disappointment.

There's more clues than normal for this one, kill team references in the html code etc.

Rumored contents spoiler tagged just in case.

Heavily rumored to be death korp of krieg/imp guard vs ork commandos

Interesting that they had a community post about custom/named minis for Kill Team a guy made.