• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They are original ..but uhm inspired from Warhammer lol (I guess they got noticed and now have the ip).
The mech is also original and it's pilot squad, though the roots comes from Titanfall from their older figs.

They also do WWII, Futuristic soldiers, and some minor Ip's
Hah, yeah, the Golden guys had strong Custodes energy.

In any case, they all look great. Will have to keep an eye open for the official 40k stuff.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've been keeping an eye on some of the rules previews from the new AdMech codex and I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed. Seems very customisable but there are a lot of moving pieces to keep track of.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
You guys might be interested on this. Joytoy (who makes 1/18 and 1/25 scale action figures and Mecha) got the 40k Ip

Samples of figures and mechs they made
Oh I am definitely in for this. A friend of mine got me a JoyToy mech as a gift and it is pretty great.
05-01-1-687x1030.jpg

They are, if you look in the right places, relatively cheap compared to many other figures I have seen and therefore a lot more affordable. And the paintjob and quality is very good though I don't have much experience how a truly premium figure is by comparison.

And yeah, their mech line, especially the 1/25 scale ones, are very Titanfall inspired. :P

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
So the cat is out of the bag, there will be a new Warhammer app with subscription. I suspect the stuff from hired animators that was pulled from Youtube will turn up there if it doesn't resurface on YT before.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Oh I am definitely in for this. A friend of mine got me a JoyToy mech as a gift and it is pretty great.
05-01-1-687x1030.jpg

They are, if you look in the right places, relatively cheap compared to many other figures I have seen and therefore a lot more affordable. And the paintjob and quality is very good though I don't have much experience how a truly premium figure is by comparison.

And yeah, their mech line, especially the 1/25 scale ones, are very Titanfall inspired. :P
Ok, I'll bite, where are the "right places?" :)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Warhammer+ is turbodoomed. Just hoping that this is some kind of convoluted plan to sign on with Netflix.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
GW better include a ton of perks. Knowing them it's going to be overpriced too. I'm excited for some of those shows but honestly the 3D stuff looks pretty low budget, pretty comparable to what's been done in fan films on youtube.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
GW better include a ton of perks. Knowing them it's going to be overpriced too. I'm excited for some of those shows but honestly the 3D stuff looks pretty low budget, pretty comparable to what's been done in fan films on youtube.
I think that's what limits it from being picked up by a streaming service. When you see Love and Robots, Castlevania, etc on Netflix they all have pretty good budgets and look high quality. Astartes has that quality ( but is far away), even though I love Richard Boylan's Armageddon and am anticipating his Blood Angels stuff, it just doesn't look like it would be on a big streaming service.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
I think that's what limits it from being picked up by a streaming service. When you see Love and Robots, Castlevania, etc on Netflix they all have pretty good budgets and look high quality. Astartes has that quality ( but is far away), even though I love Richard Boylan's Armageddon and am anticipating his Blood Angels stuff, it just doesn't look like it would be on a big streaming service.

Yeah I wonder what the reasoning was to try and do it in house instead of teaming up with a real studio. Feels like they're just trying to cheap out tbh. Hammer and Bolter and the other 2D stuff looks fine though. They should have just used whoever did the Indomitus/9th edition launch animation. That was pretty good.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It made sense when the assumption was that they'd put this stuff on their youtube (or even just their existing website!) and basically get a source of great marketing videos and community goodwill for relative peanuts. As a streaming offering... it's a headscratcher for sure.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I would say if any fanbase has excess Di it's the Warhammer 40k fanbase.

That being said, unless they consolidate their apps etc, I don't see this doing well.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I would say if any fanbase has excess Di it's the Warhammer 40k fanbase.

That being said, unless they consolidate their apps etc, I don't see this doing well.
Yeah but freakin' DC comics couldn't pull this trick off. I'm skepitcal that WH fans are sufficiently fanatical to make up for that kind of mindshare gap.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do keep buying Tau when they're dumpster Tier this edition and might not see a 9e codex until like 2025...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Going to quote goonhammer.

www.goonhammer.com

Codex Adeptus Mechanicus – 9th Edition: The Goonhammer Review

We finally have a new codex for Warhammer 40,000! This book is long-awaited, originally being trailed for release in April before mysteriously going quiet as other releases jumped it in the queue; …

Speaking of special weapons there is a mild loss here – like Blightlord Terminators in Death Guard, these have been afflicted by the Curse of Box Compliance, meaning you're limited to loading them out in a way that makes sense from the kit. Essentially, each full ten models can take one of each special weapon, and each partial ten can take a single special weapon. The good news on that front is that one weapon in particular got a lot better – the transuranic arquebus is still Heavy 1 but it no longer requires you to be stationary to use it at all, so it's a much easier utility add and better aligned with how the rest of the game works. The arc rifle is also brought in line with the new approach for arc weapons, i.e. always wounding vehicles on a 4+ and dealing extra damage to them.

It impacts crisis suits and commanders unless they redo their kits.

To be fair though, I do think crisis suits/commanders are one of the most common magnetized kits.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
On one hand that's mildly annoying now that I have to replan how to kit out my additional Skitarii. On the other hand this is the first I'm hearing of the Arquebus changes and I'm pretty chuffed with those.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to quote goonhammer.

www.goonhammer.com

Codex Adeptus Mechanicus – 9th Edition: The Goonhammer Review

We finally have a new codex for Warhammer 40,000! This book is long-awaited, originally being trailed for release in April before mysteriously going quiet as other releases jumped it in the queue; …

It impacts crisis suits and commanders unless they redo their kits.

To be fair though, I do think crisis suits/commanders are one of the most common magnetized kits.
Oh lord please no. I saw a lot of complaints about this too.

Tau have it bad enough and we might lose even more options?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord please no. I saw a lot of complaints about this too.

Tau have it bad enough and we might lose even more options?
Everyone should do what I did, switch from blue space fish with guns to rot creatures with sticks that just wont die.

But seriously though I have sooooooo much Tau that I built but never painted because they just keep getting dicked over with rules, I hope something changes with 9e for them, but it is not looking good at all.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, or just keep them grey? ;) It's kind of hard drafting a Space Wolf army and keeping it generic ;).

Would it be cool if I posted my list here later and maybe get some pointers from people who play 40k? I haven't played in 20 years haha.

40k thread demands this!

Welcome back to the hobby. You are coming back at a great time as things are in a great place.

Oct 27, 2017
40k thread demands this!

Welcome back to the hobby. You are coming back at a great time as things are in a great place.

Haha, thanks. Things have changed since the 4th edition I take it.

So the following is what I think I'll start with, the tactic is to push up the front with the two Impulsors carrying Ragnar and 5 Assault Intercessors and the other carring the Wolf Priest with another 5 Assault Intercessors and having Murderfang bring up the rear, making my opponent having to choose target.

And the Intercessors and Cyberwolfs holding the back objectives, I know it might not be enough but putting that ammount of preasure on the front with all that close combat hurting my plan is to force him to contest his own objectives instead of going after my own.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [56 PL, 6CP, 985pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**:
Space Wolves

Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain [5 PL, 85pts]:
6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), The Wulfen Stone, Warlord, Warrior Born

Ragnar Blackmane [7 PL, 130pts]

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]

. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: Bolt rifle
. 8x Intercessor: 8x Bolt pistol, 8x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Murderfang [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]:
Cyberwolf

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]: Cyberwolf

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [7 PL, 110pts]:
2x Storm Bolters

Impulsor [7 PL, 110pts]: 2x Storm Bolters

++ Total: [56 PL, 6CP, 985pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Hello there.
Wondering if I could get some help identifying old miniatures?

(For context: Was hyped about the upcoming Necromunda FPS. While looking up info, I saw that the studio retweeted this)

The funky looking old dreadnaught is one thing. It's the other weird mechs that I can't figure out.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Hello there.
Wondering if I could get some help identifying old miniatures?

(For context: Was hyped about the upcoming Necromunda FPS. While looking up info, I saw that the studio retweeted this)

The funky looking old dreadnaught is one thing. It's the other weird mechs that I can't figure out.

The Middle left beneath the Land Raider? They're old Imperial Robots. Theres different types but its this one:

j1W2eiw4cAShGeGqxmnghUFJEl_U3de-251gbvjG68sDceyCtxahSG02aQDZTtfVnrGjk2g8O5fRDQg88JnlXyhpC1iAIqqqQyN3JfAp8Fo0I00k6440B2x4Ag

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
OG librarians came on 32's. I do not believe they were ever upgraded.

Ok. It seems to match what people say online when I google this question. 32 it is then.

Edit day later : here you go, its finished, a bit messy but I loved converting it and painting it :

PXL_20210603_123950301.jpg

Space Wolf first born jump pack librarian in his vigil for the Deathwatch.

Convertion parts and process if interested :

- Base model is Master of Possession from Chaos Space Marine Start Collecting, found the sprue online. I love how he's floating mid air and thought it would be a perfect base for a very visually thematic jump pack librarian
- Didn't mount his original back pack, put a sanguinary guard jump pack instead, without wings.
- Didn't mount his power staff with Icon of Sin head, but instead, Gardus Steel Souls' wirst and sword. I don't play AoS but thought this fellow had an amazing pose, I'm coverting it right now and swapped the sword so I thought why not try to use it here and I think it works bloody well
- I had to scrap the entire black leg of all armor marking because chaos arrows. Same for the belt buckle but in the end, I covered it with spare trinkets from Aggressors sprues to add more Astartes flair to an overall pretty savage and primal looking model.
- Trim a but of fur under the shoulder holding the sword, to stash an helmet. Yes, I realise now its a primaris helmet but shhhh I wanted to have it, a visual cue like Lieutenant models with theirs on the belt, also, another hint at his Astartes allegiance.
- I kept the skulls. We see tons of trinkets or even skulls of fallen brothers being carried as mementos or sigils into battles, to honor them or whatever. I thought maybe this shaman looking psyker could bring into battle the skulls of his former battle brothers or even other psyker brother to help him channel his warp power...
- Head is from Wolf Guard Terminator kit.
- Contrast Paint Aethermatic Blue is serious magic. I love that color (sword and flame in hand)

Last edited:

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I'm an official sequel of Chaos Gate. The 1998 X-Com-lite clon, yeah.

Now I need another game with Bernhardt and the Grudgebringers.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get myself and my friend back into the game. Haven't played regularly since 6E, bit I have kept up more or less on the massive rule changes since then.

Question: What is the best SM chapter right now to run as all-Primaris? I was gonna go back to playing Blood Angels like I had back in 5e and 6e but from what I've read they are one of if not the worst chapters to run as Primaris because all their best units are regular marines like Sanguinary Guard and such.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Been trying to get myself and my friend back into the game. Haven't played regularly since 6E, bit I have kept up more or less on the massive rule changes since then.

Question: What is the best SM chapter right now to run as all-Primaris? I was gonna go back to playing Blood Angels like I had back in 5e and 6e but from what I've read they are one of if not the worst chapters to run as Primaris because all their best units are regular marines like Sanguinary Guard and such.
Blood angels can still run as all Primaris- it's just that the way their strongest assault units and strategies synergise is all about the jump pack units. But if you wanted a primaris force (you'd likely want to lean on the Bladeguard veterans), it's not like they are they are much worse than any other codex chapter. After all, even Blood Angel Primaris Intercessors/Assault Intercessors are savage assault troops by definition. I'd always say to pick the chapter where you like the lore, the models, and can see yourself painting them, as with marines you'll be painting a hell of a lot of samey power armour!

I play as Dark Angels, and it's not like their elite formations, in either lore or models or rules, are Primaris either- the Deathwing and Ravenwing aren't going to be all-primaris anytime soon. But I've still painted a bit of both (mostly for variety as at least its 3 different colour schemes), and if I field a force of just the Primaris units I've painted, it isn't really any weaker than any other chapter.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently godblight spoilers were released a couple of days ago, and some crazy stuff happens.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. It seems to match what people say online when I google this question. 32 it is then.

Edit day later : here you go, its finished, a bit messy but I loved converting it and painting it :

PXL_20210603_123950301.jpg

Space Wolf first born jump pack librarian in his vigil for the Deathwatch.

Convertion parts and process if interested :

- Base model is Master of Possession from Chaos Space Marine Start Collecting, found the sprue online. I love how he's floating mid air and thought it would be a perfect base for a very visually thematic jump pack librarian
- Didn't mount his original back pack, put a sanguinary guard jump pack instead, without wings.
- Didn't mount his power staff with Icon of Sin head, but instead, Gardus Steel Souls' wirst and sword. I don't play AoS but thought this fellow had an amazing pose, I'm coverting it right now and swapped the sword so I thought why not try to use it here and I think it works bloody well
- I had to scrap the entire black leg of all armor marking because chaos arrows. Same for the belt buckle but in the end, I covered it with spare trinkets from Aggressors sprues to add more Astartes flair to an overall pretty savage and primal looking model.
- Trim a but of fur under the shoulder holding the sword, to stash an helmet. Yes, I realise now its a primaris helmet but shhhh I wanted to have it, a visual cue like Lieutenant models with theirs on the belt, also, another hint at his Astartes allegiance.
- I kept the skulls. We see tons of trinkets or even skulls of fallen brothers being carried as mementos or sigils into battles, to honor them or whatever. I thought maybe this shaman looking psyker could bring into battle the skulls of his former battle brothers or even other psyker brother to help him channel his warp power...
- Head is from Wolf Guard Terminator kit.
- Contrast Paint Aethermatic Blue is serious magic. I love that color (sword and flame in hand)

That is a great conversion. Kit bashing is an awesome part of the hobby.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

Salamanders with flamers Aggressors and Eradicators, ATV Intruders if you like the model too... Flamers got good and Melta are super good now. Eradicators are ludicrous with their total obliteration rules and the power of primaris chief apothicary to heal and revive them up.