• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Also FYI.

Orks still to be revealed.
Beast snagga mega boss
Little boss
Snagga wagon / skiff

Potential
Kommandos
Normal Boyz (yes not beast Boyz)

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
They are wearing trench coats with gas masks, you can easily remove the gas masks, and even then you have Kriegers who look similar enough. (to be really honest the real reason I want them, though is I think the fully helmeted heads look so much better than ones showing off their faces). They aren't Tallarn or Catachans.

What I mean is, the Cadian design is pretty much just a guy with body armor. It is a soldier rather than a type of soldier. If you get me.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
A much better presentation then Tuesdays show. I dont know why they didnt move some of this to that day it would have made it so much better.

Between the Beast Snaggas, Warboss in Mega Armor, and the other half of yet to be revealed Ork models Ork players are looking at a good year ahead. With Necrons and now Orks getting major updates that leaves Tau, Nids, and Eldar as the remaining Xenos forces to not have received a large release. Looking through the unsolved rumour engine I see 2 maybe 3 for Nids (though these might just be Nid mutations for a GSC release), one for Tau, and then none for Eldar.... That kind of surprised me because out of all of them I though Nids needes the least updated but clearly someone at GW disagrees.

Instead looking through them does also tell me there is some sort of IG release in the works. There are some 5 or 6 that point toward this. I think the upgrade sprue is a way for them to mollify the large Cadian playerbase for when they release the new IG sculpts. At least I hope it is because otherwise that box will be old enough to drink legally in America next year.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Looking through the unsolved rumour engine I see 2 maybe 3 for Nids (though these might just be Nid mutations for a GSC release), one for Tau, and then none for Eldar.... That kind of surprised me because out of all of them I though Nids needes the least updated but clearly someone at GW disagrees.

Do you mean this one for Tau?

0MwHN6iRJnAIzq98.jpg

Because honestly there's a non-zero chance that could be an Eldar model, specifically an updated melta-bomb:

It's a lot bigger than the existing melta bomb, but they do look similar enough that you could convince me that it's Eldar tech.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, ok I can see it. Would be interesting to which kit it would go with since it doesn't seem to fit with of the Aspects. Dire Avengets redo?

Edit: last minute prediction for today is that its AoS 3rd edition.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, ok I can see it. Would be interesting to which kit it would go with since it doesn't seem to fit with of the Aspects. Dire Avengets redo?

I'm going for either AoS 3rd Edition, new Horus Heresy starter set, or an announcement of a licence tie in with Amazon to produce miniatures for their upcoming Middle Earth series.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I'd like to think it's new Fire Dragons, given how comprehensively outclassed they've been by Primaris Eradicators.

Though I suppose the same argument could be made for Swooping Hawks vs Pteraxii Skystalkers. Frankly we need an across the board reminder of how masterful an Aspect Warrior is supposed to be in their specific discipline.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS.

Now do AoS 3.0 and make this shareholder happy 😁*

Wanted to buy some years ago as a joke when still a teen, oh my, the money I would've made🤯

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

The reason it's not Tau is the number of fingers.

So the three rumors are and I'm ranking them in how likely they are.

1. AoS 3 (return of the sigmarines).
2. HH plastic (endless xenos bitching).
3. Primarch time (perfect for Armageddon).

I don't think 3 is very likely at all as I do think they showed enough for 40k yesterday.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

The glove is the same as an Eldar Ranger, so it's probably an update for them.

The hand has too many fingers to be Tau.

My prediction for today is Horus Heresy 2.0, as that has been heavily rumoured (including a bunch of plastics) for a while. But there have been whisperings of another Primarch knocking around too. And AoS 3 is surely coming, I just don't think yet.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like drukhari are eventually going to get nerfed.

Too many top players switched and are playing them now.

It's kinda of a shame, as it is a good codex in that the right units are really strong and thematic list (raiders are super thematic for the faction) except for wracks (the dark technomancer thing is just stupid).

It's no imperial soup with a castellan the loyal 32 and smash captains.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
One good thing about the new Stormcast kits for AOS: they're rife with conversion potential for Space Marines:
cM2aaYWiSOVOq9bJ.jpg

make your own Sanguinius?

56dLs38YW3tXSm3F.jpg

More parts for melee orientated custom units, or converting the staffs to have ranged weapons attached like the Custodes? Could also create things like honour guards/ceremonial troops, etc.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm debating trying to get ahold of Black Stone Fortress expansion like Escalation. Does it really add to the base game anything or is it meant to be a secondary campaign? Like does it mix all together into one bigger game or its just more stuff do to besides the base?

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
This popped up for me recently a look back at some of the early days of Games Workshop vis a local news bit circa 1984:

That thread has a couple other short bits.

Edit: looks more like Grey Knights instead of black templars.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like drukhari are eventually going to get nerfed.

Too many top players switched and are playing them now.

It's kinda of a shame, as it is a good codex in that the right units are really strong and thematic list (raiders are super thematic for the faction) except for wracks (the dark technomancer thing is just stupid).

It's no imperial soup with a castellan the loyal 32 and smash captains.

I'm out of the loop, how are they OP now?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They are obviously fast at grabbing objectives, and the survivability of their transports for the price makes it surprisingly hard to get through to the troops. The multiple patrols mean they end up with extra command points while not really sacrificing anything they weren't going to leave behind either, so it's a sort of accidental powerful synergy. I think just a 20 point price bump on raiders would do it.

I agree that DE warriors on raiders and venoms is really thematic though.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So is this a tease for a battle box with Thousand Sons vs. Black Templars?
CU1SnIoKYRsPimAk.jpg

They look more like Grey Knights to me: I can spot the Inquisition symbol on the banner. Traditionally the Black Templars and the Inquisition do not get along, due to the former exploiting loopholes to maintain a larger fighting force than they're technically allowed to.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Grey Knights, whether the line is going primaris or not.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'd be shocked if the Grey Knights trusted Cawl as far as they could throw him.

Also their gene seed has already been jazzed up. There'd be no way to know how to modify it further without letting Cawl tinker with it and, well, see above.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, I agree entirely in terms of lore, but I suspect they are going to take the opportunity to update the look of the basic troopers if there is a box set.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Grey Knights, whether the line is going primaris or not.

There's very little chance of a full Primaris revamp of the Grey Knights this year I expect.

From a basic level, if you're GW and you're going to make a bunch of Primaris models (and you do need to make a lot to remake the Grey Knights), which would sell better, the GK or Dark Angels/Blood Angels? I suspect new GKs are a tenth ed project.

They might get a couple of characters, but that's it.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Grey knights will probably get a plastic version of Crowe.

I"ll post a couple of links that do a better job then I can

www.youtube.com

Are Drukhari Broken? | Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus

Spider and Chef go through some of the hot talking points regarding the Dark Kin, and discuss the havoc they're currently causing00:00 Introduction05:26 Patr...

www.goonhammer.com

Competitive Innovations Editorial: What GW Should do About Drukhari

How do you solve a problem like Drukhari? Realistically, you have two options: A. ride it out and hope that a mixture of players adapting and future releases will bring the problem under control, o…

There's a succubus combo from book of rust which makes her easily the most cost efficient melee unit int he game, but people are expecting that to be faqqed out of existence.

Yeah, I agree entirely in terms of lore, but I suspect they are going to take the opportunity to update the look of the basic troopers if there is a box set.

Box sets are also about clearing out old sets as well (see blood of the phoenix).

Last edited:

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, Chaos Deamons haven't got a 9th edition book yet right, just updated via FAQs? Still running Nurgle and love beating people with a lot of sticks, but have to use battlescribe to just print out my stuff with updated rules since it seems like only 8th is out for Chaos.

Had some fun with this last weekend at a friends
20210507_202222.jpg

20210507_221617.jpg

*Objective was capture the horse lmao

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question, Chaos Deamons haven't got a 9th edition book yet right, just updated via FAQs? Still running Nurgle and love beating people with a lot of sticks, but have to use battlescribe to just print out my stuff with updated rules since it seems like only 8th is out for Chaos.
Not yet sadly. Death Guard are the only chaos force to get their 9th codex so far, but I presume Thousand Sons can't be too far off given the previews. I'm very curious as to what they do with Nurgle demons given they've changed Disgusting Resilience from a 'feel no pain' save to just damage reduction. The ability doesn't really work anymore with 1 wound units. Wouldn't be surprised if Plaguebearers get a 2nd wound when they finally get a codex.

The horse objective is amazing and I love it btw.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet sadly. Death Guard are the only chaos force to get their 9th codex so far, but I presume Thousand Sons can't be too far off given the previews. I'm very curious as to what they do with Nurgle demons given they've changed Disgusting Resilience from a 'feel no pain' save to just damage reduction. The ability doesn't really work anymore with 1 wound units. Wouldn't be surprised if Plaguebearers get a 2nd wound when they finally get a codex.

The horse objective is amazing and I love it btw.
So about Disgustingly Resilient, on BattleScribe death guards seems to be the new rule but nurgle daemons seems to still be the 5+ save still, man if they give bearers 2 wounds though they will be hard to deal with lol

It was actually pretty fun, whoever owned it at the end of a round got to roll 1 D6 to dictate the direction it went, ended in a tie though lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just wrapped up Gate of Bones. There's been some generalized concern that post - Guilliman, the grim dark had been going out of things, and after reading the two Dawn of Fire books, I'm happy to oncitm it has not. At all. Great reads. The story with the scribe in Avenging Son did a great job of contrasting with the rest and contradicting the idea that all these changes represent a real improvement for the regular citizens of the Imperium, and while they might have won in Gate of Bones, it was beautifully pyrrhic. Cannot recommend more.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

zon

Oct 28, 2017
youtu.be

Unsolved Mysteries Of Warhammer 40K With Author Dan Abnett | Ars Technica

Today Ars Technica is joined by acclaimed author Dan Abnett to answer an army of questions about the epic Warhammer 40,000 universe. Thank you to the /r/40kL...

Abnett is the best. The poster behind him is interesting as well.

Thanks for posting. It was interesting to watch.

I was actually looking for this thread to ask if anyone else has read the second Bequin novel Penitent and if they thought the big reveal was actually for real or if Abnett is just messing with us. He pretty much confirmed that it's for real in the video. The implications for the Imperium will be huge. I can't wait for the third novel.