• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Beastsnaggas are the most common prediction, can't imagine anyone else getting a shout in before then. Maybe a few Admech bits and pieces (Skitarii Marshal details and codex release date)?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I reckon orks and admech are fair predictions. Two main sections, maybe an interview on redesigning a chunk of the 40K ork range.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
any chance on any new Start Collecting boxes? I assume so for the sisters

Start collecting's over with.

There's a chance that the Sisters of Battle might have their army box reprinted and made into a combat patrol box (which are the replacements). But i don't think they will be announced at the show.

I reckon orks and admech are fair predictions. Two main sections, maybe an interview on redesigning a chunk of the 40K ork range.

There's nothing for admech asides from the one skitarri marshall so I doubt they'll preview them.

What are we expecting to see tomorrow? More of the new Orks maybe?

Beast Snaggaz (or generic) Warboss and Squig Chariot plus the rest of the Beast Snaggaz Boys. They'll probably hint at the next codex in the future asides from Orks, my guess is Chaos demons, as chaos only has DG for 9th edition and chaos marines are DOOOMED plus Bela'kor having a big part in book 2. I"m also guessing Demons as both Demons and Death Guard were the strongest chaos factions coming into 9th, and GW has released in a way that hasn't really favored the poorer performing factions.

They said Tuesday that AdMech were so close they weren't going to feature them, which is... a very weird decision, but eh.

I'll be fair to GW there, Codex Admech was supposed to be released about 2 months ago (hence them being a big part of book 1 for the new campaign). Drukhari and DG also just had short blurbs if even that and they both got one model each like Ad mech did.

Last edited:

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Come on World Eaters! Orks and World Eaters will make it a fantastic day, but I think it will just be Orks

Coming back to 40k, the stuff they have done with the Death Guard has been amazing, so if they do that with one of the other Chaos factions that will be fantastic. I really find it odd that the World Eaters and Emperor's Children have not been pushed forward, both should be super straight forward to expand and create dedicated codex's for, plus everyone loves a Primarch, so its crazy they have not done so. Plus the beserkers and noise marines are desperate for a range refresh. Though I do think the Thousand Sons could also do with a bit of love to make them a bit more complete like the DG.
Honestly I think it is madness the Emperor's Children have not been introduced, an expanded army of noise marines would sell itself. Adding a giant snake Primarch is the cherry on top

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Come on World Eaters! Orks and World Eaters will make it a fantastic day, but I think it will just be Orks

Coming back to 40k, the stuff they have done with the Death Guard has been amazing, so if they do that with one of the other Chaos factions that will be fantastic. I really find it odd that the World Eaters and Emperor's Children have not been pushed forward, both should be super straight forward to expand and create dedicated codex's for, plus everyone loves a Primarch, so its crazy they have not done so. Plus the beserkers and noise marines are desperate for a range refresh. Though I do think the Thousand Sons could also do with a bit of love to make them a bit more complete like the DG.
Honestly I think it is madness the Emperor's Children have not been introduced, an expanded army of noise marines would sell itself. Adding a giant snake Primarch is the cherry on top

A dg type reboot probably won't happen to Ec or World eaters, maybe a thousand sons type reboot (some units but significantly smaller).

Reason being is that dg is the only cult legion that is still a legion and not shattered warbands (or never had the numbers in tsons case).

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Given that AoS recently had a big Slaanesh update, I can imagine that GW might want to wait a little bit longer until doing the same for 40K. On the other hand, since Slaaneshi daemons are usable in both systems, I can also see them decide to even out with an Emperor's Children update to complement the newer daemons.

Personally I think Khorne is the most neglected Chaos god across both systems right now, so I hope that World Eaters get their due.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
I have a soft spot for Word Bearers. A Lorgar demon prince would be cool, as he is chaos undivided. But any chaos love would be welcome tbh.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm not overly interested in Orks- painted at least 200 space orks and gretchin back in 2nd edition, I've done my time at the front of the waaagh! :D

I'd love to see pretty much any new kits though. Enjoyed Gaunts Ghosts and the couple of new sisters minis but it's all felt a bit weak compared to AoS so far. Probably as I've got zero interest in the campaign books.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
2021-05-07d9ji7.png

2021-05-0713ykr2.png

2021-05-072ocj7s.png

180534310_1015972342050k1d.jpg

2021-05-073w2jka.png

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Army box is is limited but none of the figures are.

New Warboss in Mega Armour is great! Confirmed more orks that aren't Beast Snaggerz

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
show is so much better than tuesday, it's insane they staggered this like they did.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Massive salt.
I've heard rumblings that the next traitor primarch will be announced (the thing that will introduce them) will be showed off next Saturday. Claiming gathering storm style something.
That's a no on Emperor's Children/World Eaters being next in the queue of Chaos then.

We still have the potential with the above quoted post (but I do think AoS 3 is much more likely).

edit. I"m much happier with today's show, they still should have combined this into one episode though.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta admit that with the new heads and hands the old Cadians look a lot better.

Some Guardswoman heads in there, too! Very nice.

Agreed that it'd be better to get whole-ass new minis but this is actually a pretty solid way of providing an update.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I have mixed feelings about the upgrade packs. I miss the old school ordering of individual parts and so I have always been a huge fan of the upgrade pack path as it gives me a that old school build a model feel. Imp Guard really do need some upgraded models though and I feel bad for the player base..

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Zodgrod, what a blast from the past! I remember seeing him surrounded by snotling swarms back in the day. Warboss in mega armour is cool too.

Not sure what to make of the cadian sprue. An elegant get-you-by way to keep one imperial guard infantry box in stock and not worry about all the special weapon troopers that used to be sold separately I guess. Still, presumably that means a line refresh is a long way off.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about the Cadians is that they aren't as obviously an homage to one thing or another. The Krieg and Steel Legion are both really WW1, the Vostroyans are Tsarist Russia, the Valhallans are WW2 Russia, the Mordians are Prussia, the Cadians are just... 40k.

Maybe they could do the Elysians as default, but the Elysians have a very specific kind of warfare. Even in the livestream, they said that lots of "Cadians" aren't actually Cadian because a lot of planets model their Guard regiments on Cadia's. I think that they're gonna stick with that and are using this as a stopgap until a baseline kit.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I just don't think a big ig refresh will star cadians.

Probably not but I also don't think that GW is gonna go for Mordians or Steel legion. They're way too niche.

The thing about the Cadians is that they aren't as obviously an homage to one thing or another. The Krieg and Steel Legion are both really WW1, the Vostroyans are Tsarist Russia, the Valhallans are WW2 Russia, the Mordians are Prussia, the Cadians are just... 40k.

Maybe they could do the Elysians as default, but the Elysians have a very specific kind of warfare. Even in the livestream, they said that lots of "Cadians" aren't actually Cadian because a lot of planets model their Guard regiments on Cadia's. I think that they're gonna stick with that and are using this as a stopgap until a baseline kit.

I think you'll see some other faction or generic "Guardsmen" but they'll keep the Cadian style armor.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Cadians are starship troopers, just like Catachans are 80s action movies. 2nd Ed Cadians seemed to be based on the marines from Aliens.

Probably not but I also don't think that GW is gonna go for Mordians or Steel legion. They're way too niche.

I think Steel Legion is a generic enough template to base an army on, especially since they're helmeted by default.

Last edited:

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Beastsnaggas - they generally look fine, nice addition.
Zodgrod - looks great! I like him a lot.
Warboss - I really like this too.
Lots more Orks coming that probably do the plastics people wanted like Tankbustas and maybe DeffKoptas? - literally fantastic news

That Cadian sprue? Oh dear. We were talking the other day in general about how you couldn't just glue some female heads on Cadians because it would look stupid and... well... case in point. And now we're stuck with them for another five years too. Most of the new heads look pretty bad tbh. And that sniper arm...

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think that the cadian armour and equipment being the 'default' on a ton of imperial guard artwork, book covers etc, not just cadians but also vehicle crew etc, means that any future generic Astra Militarum range is likely to be based on them as the 'baseline'. I just think they'll do it the way the sisters do, and have one hard-working kit that makes most of the infantry units and with an absolute ton of options. Which is pretty much what they've done by adding this new sprue. It's a shame really, the Gaunts Ghosts minis were like 'wow, badass plastic guard figures, they look cool!', and now I want to see the guard with that level of detail.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Cadians are starship troopers, just like Catachans are 80s action movies. 2nd Ed Cadians seemed to be based on the marines from Aliens.

I think Steel Legion is a generic enough template to base an army on, especially since they're helmeted by default.

Steel Legion have a very specific style that isn't very universal. If they became the baseline then every guard faction out there would be geared up for chemical warfare and not much else. You can do near anything with cadian style kits.

That and they look a lot like the werchmaht.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Steel Legion have a very specific style that isn't very universal. If they became the baseline then every guard faction out there would be geared up for chemical warfare and not much else. You can do near anything with cadian style kits.

That and they look a lot like the werchmaht.

They are wearing trench coats with gas masks, you can easily remove the gas masks, and even then you have Kriegers who look similar enough. (to be really honest the real reason I want them, though is I think the fully helmeted heads look so much better than ones showing off their faces). They aren't Tallarn or Catachans.

As for your Werhmacht point, yeah they'll probably change it up so they don't look as much as a panzergrenadier, just like Cadians changed from 2nd edition to their later editions if they were to do so.

Oh great. I want that ork box. They'll probably print 25 copies.

Time to get up at midnight on release day.

Only thing limited in the army box is the Codex. Everything else can be be gotten outside the box. The beast snagger boys seem to be um duplicates though. So i'm not sure how many you actually want.

Last edited:
They are wearing trench coats with gas masks, you can easily remove the gas masks, and even then you have Kriegers who look similar enough.

They aren't Tallarn or Catachans.

Only thing limited in the army box is the Codex. Everything else can be be gotten outside the box.
If so, great, though didn't the battle sisters in their army box have unique sculpts? May be misrembering.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
If so, great, though didn't the battle sisters in their army box have unique sculpts? May be misrembering.

Sisters of battle yes. Lumineth Realm Lords box wasn't otoh. They also specifically said on the stream that everything can be bought separately as people were panicking (especially after Cursed city).

Oct 26, 2017
I'll buy the cadian upgrade kit... For my enforcer themed guard.

I'm buying that Ork box. Might have to get 2

I suspect a catachan style release for if, similar to snaggas