• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Warhammer Fest Online Is Next Week and It's Going To Be Big - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)
All next week, from Monday to Saturday, we'll be packing each day with reveals of brand new things coming to Warhammer, as well as hearing from some of the teams behind them. It'll be just like you're there in person, watching the panels live.

Each day will be themed around one particular part of the Warhammer hobby, so check the schedule below and find out when your favourite games are coming up. Trust us when we say you'll want to see everything anyway – there are some spectacular reveals on the way.

You can tune in to Warhammer Community from Monday 3rd May to see all of the reveals as they happen from 6pm (BST) onwards, or catch them live on Twitch. In the meantime, head over to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to let us know what you think is coming.

Pwt1oWVW8LYwrmZN.png

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Switching from Tau to Chaos Daemons, bought the get started set for Nurgle and just going to print a few proxies until I find a good balance and then buy to play in comp.

Also added bonus of I can use this in AoS too lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Reading Avenging Son now, and this is... actually quite good? Much better than most of the Siege of Terra stuff or Dark Impierum, imo. Huge number of perspectives all well-handled, and I love the worldbuilding, especially all the stuff with the bureaucrat clans on Terra.

I am disappointed to find out that the reason the series is named Dawn of Fire is readily explicable by that being the name of Bobby G.'s flagship. I was hoping this would build up to a Vulkan return, but nah.
Switching from Tau to Chaos Daemons, bought the get started set for Nurgle and just going to print a few proxies until I find a good balance and then buy to play in comp.

Also added bonus of I can use this in AoS too lol
boothisman.gif

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Reading Avenging Son now, and this is... actually quite good? Much better than most of the Siege of Terra stuff or Dark Impierum, imo. Huge number of perspectives all well-handled, and I love the worldbuilding, especially all the stuff with the bureaucrat clans on Terra.

I am disappointed to find out that the reason the series is named Dawn of Fire is readily explicable by that being the name of Bobby G.'s flagship. I was hoping this would build up to a Vulkan return, but nah.

boothisman.gif
Dawn of Fire is a great multi-level view of the Imperium, I really enjoyed it. Gate of Bones is just as good (albeit more focused on a single military action), with some great perspective from the antagonists too.

Oct 26, 2017
Massive salt.
I've heard rumblings that the next traitor primarch will be announced (the thing that will introduce them) will be showed off next Saturday. Claiming gathering storm style something.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Massive salt.
I've heard rumblings that the next traitor primarch will be announced (the thing that will introduce them) will be showed off next Saturday. Claiming gathering storm style something.

If they were to do another, I'd give it a 60% chance of being Angron with a World Eaters revamp, and a 40% chance of being Fulgrim with a Emperor's Children release. I'd kind of like to see Lorgar but don't think it likely.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Massive salt.

Hmm, I also know the hints at Black Templars have been louder and louder.

To me that hints Angron and Armageddon (I know the armageddon steel legion is a heavily request plastic regiment and should be pretty easy to mod into other similiar regiments).

For the Templars, I know primaris hellbrecht has been rumored for a while, and give a primaris emperor's champion that can me be made into a primaris company/chapter champion. And yes, I'm expecting the Templars to job hard.

For sisters, only thing I think they really need to fill out their range is a flier.

Otoh, I think everybody has said that Fulgrim is more likely

Last edited:

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I bought on a whim Gardus, the stormcaster. I love the fig, don't intend to play sigmar. I'm planning a conversion. I play around the idea of making it a deathwing knight of the deathwatch. I'm way over my head lmao. It will be painful but probably fun

bronzie

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I also know the hints at Black Templars have been louder and louder.

To me that hints Angron and Armageddon (I know the armageddon steel legion is a heavily request plastic regiment and should be pretty easy to mod into other similiar regiments).

For the Templars, I know primaris hellbrecht has been rumored for a while, and give a primaris emperor's champion that can me be made into a primaris company/chapter champion. And yes, I'm expecting the Templars to job hard.

For sisters, only thing I think they really need to fill out their range is a flier.

Otoh, I think everybody has said that Fulgrim is more likely

Other than wishful hoping this is true since I will be all in on WE, I think that this plan will happen in 9th at some point although I wouldn't have thought so soon. 9th rule book says a new war is happening on Armageddon. New Orks are here, so they can add Ork rules to further sell the new models. One off guard models suggest to me they've been putting resources into modelling up Guard so this seems like a sure bet for an event in the edition.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
After playing with my Nurgle army I think I'm going to do Nurgle for normal 40k and use my Tau for KillTeam

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh who knows what will happen. It looks like Dark eldar blew up the meta (70-75 win rate which is really high), and the one newish unit (new lelith) is not actually being used.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh who knows what will happen. It looks like Dark eldar blew up the meta (70-75 win rate which is really high), and the one newish unit (new lelith) is not actually being used.
Tau's issues are more structural, though. GW has decided (rightly, I think) that the core function of the army is unhealthy for the game and deliberately needed it out of viability. The entirety of 9th Ed is about not letting people castle up and try to shoot the other guy off the board. Objectives, terrain, even board size, all work against the only stuff the Tau have ever been good at. An army cannot exist in only the shooting phase nowadays ane expect to succeed, but that's all Tau have in the toolkit, other than Kroot I guess. They're gonna need a lot of work to fix.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Me too. I love how it makes absolutely no sense. Like, remove his arms that have hands with apposable thumbs and give him a claw and a drill instead lol.
This is 40K battlefield surgery in a nutshell. 'Why have a multifunctional tool when you can have a power claw/drill bit/bloody great rock-cutting buzzsaw'. Not like the Imperium is any better :D

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
I like most of the Painboss but I'm not really loving his robo head. The blank dustbin look just gets a little lost with the other details in the models, I would be tempted to steal one of the heads from the Meganob set for them if the sizes matched up. Wheelie grot is great though, no complaints about them. I wonder if they are gonna be a bit like the remade Fabius Bile mini and his acolyte rules-wise.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
fyi, new upgrade sprues for eschers and goliaths. Pretty happy with this as I think especially escher and orlocks can be used as guard adjacent forces.

3bONhiS0xWYqg9J6.jpg

XZbKurVVd1HMPImu.jpg

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Made some storage after looking up a guide. decided against foam for this army as a snag could end real bad.

jdcLp5p.png

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Magnetized storage/transport solutions are the best thing ever. I even have a small metallic box that fits inside a Feldherr mini leaving enough space in the bag for dice, tokens and so. Absolutely perfect for smaller games like Crisis Protocol or Blood Bowl.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Magnetized storage/transport solutions are the best thing ever. I even have a small metallic box that fits inside a Feldherr mini leaving enough space in the bag for dice, tokens and so. Absolutely perfect for smaller games like Crisis Protocol or Blood Bowl.
Yup a trip to Staples/Office Depot + Home depot and you are pretty much good to go.

I followed this guide

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder day of warhammer fes will be on soon.

This is the 40k focused episode.

www.twitch.tv

Warhammer - Twitch

The official Warhammer channel.

After yesteday, i'm just prediciting sob and orks and not much else.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Charadon 2: Bela'kor and looks like sisters of battle stuff (paragon battlesuits and a paragon battlesuit hq?).

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Reshowing stuff that they've shown or released already (palatine) is frustrating. The new hq is definitely nice

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The Paragon Warsuits look a lot better when you see them from the side - way less flimsy. And I like the fancy gold one where it's posed to more clearly show the way the arms move in parallel.

E: It's just Sisters and the war book?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, not even showing orks. This was horrible and I feel bad for the presenters.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Jesus that's it? Ugh. Guess the next 40K session is just going to be the Ork models we've already seen plus 1 or 2 models more.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, more Black Library models?

Fingers crossed for Cain but it's probably more Marines.

Yeah, that's pretty disappointing, all told. Bunch of Sisters models we've already seen examples of does not a show make. Wish they'd have talked more about future codex release schedule at least.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to force the weeklong event is making these streams awful. Could have had 3 packed days
Black Library event may have more new models than the 40k day