• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Pricing is a factor too: it's £135 worth of model so it should be a nice saving without as much filler as the Death Guard one. Drukhari players seem to be very pleased with this box, by the looks of it.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
maqWGUjBnqSbaGI2.jpg

This New Redemptionist Likes Fire So Much He Made a Hat Out of It - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

You can add the Redemptionists to existing Cawdor gangs, or you can make a new one made up entirely of these religious fanatics and spread faith at the end of an exterminator, fire pike, or eviscerator.
We'll be showing off all of the new Redemptionist models on Saturday

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hell fucking yes to Redemptionist lunatic religious zealots

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
That's a fab model. Depends a little on price but I might grab them as a flamer cultist. I wonder how they're constructed exactly, it might be a little fiddly but I could see that I might need to resort to sub assemblies to paint them given their face is behind metal bars in the finished pose.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I still have the entire original Redemptionist gang and extras in metal. I hope I can incorporate some of the cooler models.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've just got my copy of white dwarf with a single steam code for a library of older Warhammer games.
Vermintide, Warhammer Quest, Talisman, Space Marine (the 3rd person shooter), Warhammer Quest 2, Warhammer: Chaos and conquest, 40K: Armageddon- da Orks, 40K: Dawn of War, Warhammer Underworlds online, Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus, 40K: Space Wolf, Total War: Warhammer, 40K: Sanctus Reach.

It's no use to me as I don't use a PC, if anyone would like it, please PM and I'll send it over. First come, first served. I'll edit this if and when it's claimed.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The rule about shooting multiples weapons is universal ?

You know, if an infantry has two weapons profile, it can shoot both but with -1 to hit.

I'm wondering about Aggressors and their bolt gauntlets / frag storm grenade launchers. Is it like everything if not mentioned otherwise ? Only vehicules keyworded unit can shoot everything without debuff ?

Aggressor Squad

Wahapedia: Space Marines — Aggressor Squad (stats, options, wargear, abilities and keywords).

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
What do you all do with your old codexes? I'm getting the Drukhari one when it's up for pre order but have the old one I dunno what to do with.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
The rule about shooting multiples weapons is universal ?

You know, if an infantry has two weapons profile, it can shoot both but with -1 to hit.

I'm wondering about Aggressors and their bolt gauntlets / frag storm grenade launchers. Is it like everything if not mentioned otherwise ? Only vehicules keyworded unit can shoot everything without debuff ?

Aggressor Squad

Wahapedia: Space Marines — Aggressor Squad (stats, options, wargear, abilities and keywords).
If they have the Infantry keyword then they get the penalty.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
What do you all do with your old codexes? I'm getting the Drukhari one when it's up for pre order but have the old one I dunno what to do with.
I'm just hitting the same problem, being that I started collecting mid way through 8th I'm getting my first wave of obsolete codices. I'm keeping mine for now, even if the books have no rules relevance they are still nice achieves of lore and art, plus snapshots of your armies at different eras. Not sure if you'll get a great return but you could always sell them on, they are a ton of collectors that will probably snap up old codices.

Edit: Charadon book 1 is 35 pounds! I collect the majority of the armies in that book and even I'm not tempted for that price.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing of those, is providing hope for the rest of the Outlander gangs. Give me my Ratskins!!!*

*Ideally before I throw myself to buying recasts of the 90s miniatures.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The castigator tank looks really cool, but it will be utterly useless since how strong sob retributors are, and how useless tanks are in general atm.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
need more normal boys and a war boss model refresh with this release please.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Done with my Eradicators. Been super fun to paint these. Really digging the Gravis armor. So bulky and menacing :

rE59MFK.jpg

EPAt8xj.jpg

vGZT8Z6.jpg

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Really surprised they are releasing a bunch more Orks for 40K when the AoS Orruk range is so limited.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The tease of all these new Ork models feel me with a strange feeling.

Could this be....hope?

Dare I imagine that Eldar will also get some love that they have needed for decades?

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
The new orks are cool but I'm not going to hold my breath. Mostly because almost every new refresh and other stuff is always double the price of the current range. I'd be excited for a brand new box of boyz if I knew I don't have to pay upward to $60.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The tease of all these new Ork models feel me with a strange feeling.

Could this be....hope?

Dare I imagine that Eldar will also get some love that they have needed for decades?

I mean you guys got new models (banshees, Jain zar, seers etc,) unlike say the tyrannids, even the wraith units are newer then the newest tyrannid.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, real talk: I get people being frustrated at not getting new Tyranid units, but the ones they have are all pretty great and modern. Eldar and Guard need new stuff much more badly.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, real talk: I get people being frustrated at not getting new Tyranid units, but the ones they have are all pretty great and modern. Eldar and Guard need new stuff much more badly.
From the rumour engine we know at least two new Tyranid kits are coming. Good money is probably on Lictors and the Red Terror.

Meanwhile there have been zero rumour pics showing new Craftworld models.
Make of that what you will.

Oct 26, 2017
I really like this tutorial on how to kitbash a true scale loyalist Terminator using Primaris parts.

happy, to see the method I did/stumbled on is picking up more steam, super easy to do

PulRkvz.jpeg

tyranids need.

- Plastic lictor/Death leper
- A new "primarch tier" aspect of the hivemind
- I'd like new termagaunts, but I'd settle for a new Troop option.

I would like for tyranids to get more into eldritch Cthulu nid vibes

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Both Tyranid and Craftworld need refreshes, though I'd argue Craftworld more so as a lot of the models just look so *dated* now compared to newer stuff.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my point was they're sneaking eldar releases in piecemeal, the only thing tyrannids players got were gsc stuff which helps them as much as the ynnari helps a craftworld player so they're not a completely abandoned red headed step child and haven't been squatted. However, I will say eldar is much easier to do a refresh then say imperial guard (even thought they also got a couple of new models here and there).

I really don't know what direction they will go with imp guard as I really think they want to shy away from horde armies. Tbh, the best way I can see to do an imperial guard refresh is like a weird warcry scenario and just give everybox set a tank driver etc.

Both Tyranid and Craftworld need refreshes, though I'd argue Craftworld more so as a lot of the models just look so *dated* now compared to newer stuff.

Craftworld definitely needs a refresh over Tyrannids, but Tyrannids definitely could use some new toys.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have a question for anyone that follows the novels and short stories.

I'm reading the Dark Imperium and I just finished the chapter where Guilliman lays out his plan for Ultramar. Calgar repeatedly takes Guillimans words as chastisement and humiliation. Is this just Calgars character? Is he always this down on himself? I'm not familiar enough with Calgar as a character and his personality.

Or is Guilliman actually chastising him like he thinks he is?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question for anyone that follows the novels and short stories.

I'm reading the Dark Imperium and I just finished the chapter where Guilliman lays out his plan for Ultramar. Calgar repeatedly takes Guillimans words as chastisement and humiliation. Is this just Calgars character? Is he always this down on himself? I'm not familiar enough with Calgar as a character and his personality.

Or is Guilliman actually chastising him like he thinks he is?
Calgar has had a lot of insecurities since Guilliman came back and essentially negated his entire reason for being. Primarchs never do anything for one reason when they can do it for 6, but my read on Guilliman there was that his issues were more with the state of affairs writ large than any particular failing on Calgar's part.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Calgar has had a lot of insecurities since Guilliman came back and essentially negated his entire reason for being. Primarchs never do anything for one reason when they can do it for 6, but my read on Guilliman there was that his issues were more with the state of affairs writ large than any particular failing on Calgar's part.
Okay yeah that was my feeling as well. I got the feeling that Guilliman was more or less disappointed in general with how his own perceived mistakes caused Ultramar so many issues and the state of Ultramar was his fault. Not anything to do with Calgar.

Though I gotta say it's weird. Calgar is really flip flopping when it comes to Guilliman. He talks about how much he admires him and how much faith he has in him, but sometimes the very next paragraph he seems like he is almost jealous and disappointed in him. It's so strange.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
agreed.

IMHO: Eldar need a complete revamp. and I mean complete.
I'm alright with the wraithguard/lord/Knight, but all the resin infantry badly need a rework.
Okay yeah that was my feeling as well. I got the feeling that Guilliman was more or less disappointed in general with how his own perceived mistakes caused Ultramar so many issues and the state of Ultramar was his fault. Not anything to do with Calgar.

Though I gotta say it's weird. Calgar is really flip flopping when it comes to Guilliman. He talks about how much he admires him and how much faith he has in him, but sometimes the very next paragraph he seems like he is almost jealous and disappointed in him. It's so strange.
I suspect it's that seeing Guilliman getting stuck into the administration of Ultramar like an architect throwing a child's drawing of their house in the bin feels really strange. He is their archetype, the Ultramarines in particular hold his words and artefacts as sacred, even if they don't think he's the son of a god.

Calgar has effectively been the regent of Ultramar for hundreds of years, and by the standards of the Imperium did a reasonable job given that the Tyranids turned up on his watch. But Calgar is torn between having never known anything different and reinforced the status quo for hundreds of years, and having the man who he's tried to emulate in every facet of his actions turn up and go 'what the fuck have you done to the empire I built, it's my fault I suppose, perhaps my instructions weren't clear enough'. Effectively treating them like children for following dogma over common sense, pushing them aside with the same strength a parent uses their body to block a child from stepping into danger. Even though Guilliman is really criticising the Imperium, Calgar is going to take that personally that he's not up to these standards he never knew existed, as he's both the representive of the Imperium *and* Guilliman, and is now torn between the two, the man he emulated turning up to tell him some stuff he would have considered heretical the year before.

In addition to the shock of meeting his Primarch that's been a museum exhibit his entire life, so the 'what if he gets up' is never a practical he considered, it turns out that primarch's immediate view of the custodians of his own empire are 'well, I guess you did what what you could, but I'm up so I'll fix it now'. Perhaps Calgar expected more of an immediate reinforcement that they had done everything right by the book, a glowing endorsement that they'd kept things as he wanted, rather than having the author trying desperately hard not to condescending say 'you weren't meant to take it literally'. :D

There's a fun interaction with one of the Custodes in one of the Dawn of Fire books, where Guilliman is a bit more candid. They ask him if he's disappointed, and he concedes that, despite the state of the Imperium, he and the other surviving Primarchs, at the end of the Heresy, thought that was it for the species. He's pleasantly surprised they are still around at all. It's fair to say that's pretty much the limit of his praise for what became of the the wider Imperium, but his expectations of his own sons and Ultramar was way higher.

Last edited: