• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
That vampire looks great, I hope this is a tease for a larger vampire army, because I'd def build one (or at least a War Cry warband) if they are, and have a similar aesthetic. That hair is a bit much though. Nothing a head swap can't fix however.

And can I just say that I am absolutely SICK of seeing the god damn Lumineth Realm Nerds. The past year and a half has been almost nothing but them and Primaris stuff and its getting old. My own biases against Elves aside, I think it's a really cool and well designed model range but I am bloody sick of seeing them. Please, just release anything else, I beg you. Or at least update some new units to older armies or something? Kharadron Overlords have had nothing new since their launch. But every facet of knife-ear gets to have multiple updates because OF COURSE.

Sorry...I just really hate Elves.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That vampire looks great, I hope this is a tease for a larger vampire army, because I'd def build one (or at least a War Cry warband) if they are, and have a similar aesthetic.

The initial leaks were of the packaging for this model, under the faction name Soulblight Gravelords. So less of a new army, more of a revival for an old one (appropriately enough).

I presume their plan with AoS is to split off factions from the "umbrella" factions like Cities of Sigmar and Legions of Nagash. I think Destruction is probably due another look at this year, Sons of Behemat are one thing but there's only 4 factions total in Destruction and Gloomspite Gitz seem a lot more fleshed out than the others.

Last edited:

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
The initial leaks were of the packing for this model, under the faction name Soulblight Gravelords. So less of a new army, more of a revival for an old one (appropriately enough).

I presume their plan with AoS is to split off factions from the "umbrella" factions like Cities of Sigmar and Legions of Nagash. I think Destruction is probably due another look at this year, Sons of Behemat are one thing but there's only 4 factions total in Destruction and Gloomspite Gitz seem a lot more fleshed out than the others.
Very cool!

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Though as I said that, it looks like they are also going to have a vampire Warcry warband.

vsrYRrYhju78JAjv.jpg

Big hair is clearly the theme for vamps going forward.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Really like that one!

Excited for this book, though I'm hoping it covers plenty of lesser-known xenos too and it's not just the main xenos factions with a couple of others:
zn6xTfZK0HGoPvNk.jpg

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
That vampire looks great, I hope this is a tease for a larger vampire army, because I'd def build one (or at least a War Cry warband) if they are, and have a similar aesthetic. That hair is a bit much though. Nothing a head swap can't fix however.

And can I just say that I am absolutely SICK of seeing the god damn Lumineth Realm Nerds. The past year and a half has been almost nothing but them and Primaris stuff and its getting old. My own biases against Elves aside, I think it's a really cool and well designed model range but I am bloody sick of seeing them. Please, just release anything else, I beg you. Or at least update some new units to older armies or something? Kharadron Overlords have had nothing new since their launch. But every facet of knife-ear gets to have multiple updates because OF COURSE.

Sorry...I just really hate Elves.

Man, while it is interesting to see some hate on something other than marines or Sigmarines.

I do think the Lumineth launch was super weird. The Vanari Lord Regen should have been in the opening wave.

Lumineth to me are kinda weird in that there's some very odd choices, Vanari are super standard elves and what we should have expected and are done incredibly well. The Alarith are wtf, it just reminds me of space marine reivers who were released very early in the primaris range, and just don't suit a purpose afterwords, just thematic mismatches (unless you really appreciate broadening the ranges).

That being said, I thought the first wave of Lumineth was kinda tiny.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
DhKqq8pw9vHbCRhi.jpg

I get what they're going for with the hair bats but I'm not too keen on them, especially with how prone to snapping they're bound to be.

That said, I do really like the model otherwise.
Between this, the Silent King, and the Void Dragon, I feel like GW probably got the tech to do this kind of thin strands model and is probably going a little too crazy with it.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Between this, the Silent King, and the Void Dragon, I feel like GW probably got the tech to do this kind of thin strands model and is probably going a little too crazy with it.
I always think of stuff like that as 'that would be great if I had a display cabinet', but I'd never use it as a gaming piece as it's one knock or hastily-packed-case-at-the-end-of-the-game away from being irreparable. I'm quite fond of the old WFB vampires, but of these two new ones I much prefer the other.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I just hate the way they are painted. Get these in the hands of people that can get a bit more creative with colors and effects and I think people may changer their cold opinions about them.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I just hate the way they are painted. Get these in the hands of people that can get a bit more creative with colors and effects and I think people may changer their cold opinions about them.
Yeah, the armour is so plain and the colour palette so basic. Like, red, black and metal. It also needed a bit of something else as a relief. Like a sash around the waist, or a surcoat, a cloak, some extra grisly tokens chained to the shield or hanging from the neck/waist. With the exception of the hair it's got the same level of detail as a basic trooper, and I'm not even a fan of the hair. The Lumineth are super-detailed and in layered outfits in comparison, and so come up looking very interesting with lots of opportunity for contrast.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's a minimalist model, but I quite like that about it. Some models are far too busy and intimidation for their own good.

That being said, I think it could probably do with a little more ornamentation for a generic lord character. A few embossed patterns on the armour wouldn't go amiss.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Last minute preview predictions: for AOS the leaked lumineth stuff with hints at a vampire army, kill team the new starter box with Flayed Ones, for Underworlds the full Vampire warband with a peak at upcoming one, for 40k another animation preview, for AT a new titan they hinted at, mystery game is new Warhammer quest with vampire hunters vs. The undead featuring the new zombies hinted back at Halloween.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
My first reaction was "Holy shit its fucking huge."

My second reaction was the same but with a lot more enthusiasm. What a kit, wow. I'm going to need at least one of these Titans.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I love the spirit, such a great design and great color choices. I'm just not sold on the swirly bits, I think it's too tall. But overall I'd say that's a minor issue when put alongside the spirit itself.

I've liked everything in the Lumineth line so far. Great models and great color choice from the studio painters.

Holy hell, The Crimson Court. Stunners all around.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Only thing I don't like about the Lumineth is how long the spears are (pain for storing) and I wish there was a Teclis model without the giant beast.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
The enforcer guy with the giant mace is worth the price of entry alone for me but the other three models are ultra cool too. This bodes well for future vampire designs.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely liked the feel of that trailer. This witch/vampire hunter looks awesome too. I hope there's something matching the old metal vampire hunter, the guy with the cool hat unholstering a pistol.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Silver Tower is such an amazing game. This new one is an insta buy.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just ready to seeing helmet kitbashes for the paragon warsuit. I think the after market parts significantly improved the looked of the invictor and the same would happen here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Not a tremendous fan of this style of mech-suit, reminds me too much of the Dreadknight.

Everything else looks great though.

I get your criticism, but I think seeing it in a sisters army would sell it better than a picture of the solitary model. The sisters aesthetic will hopefully be more pronounced. Size wise, it is much smaller than the dreadknight. How do you think it compares in size to an armiger warglaive? That was actually the first comparison I made in my head, with the dreadknight immediately after.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I get your criticism, but I think seeing it in a sisters army would sell it better than a picture of the solitary model. The sisters aesthetic will hopefully be more pronounced. Size wise, it is much smaller than the dreadknight. How do you think it compares in size to an armiger warglaive? That was actually the first comparison I made in my head, with the dreadknight immediately after.

Maybe Kastelan sized is my guess. A little bit shorter perhaps.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Man I do not like this. They gotta stop with these kinds of designs. Just hide the damn arms and it'd look fine (tho she seems not to have legs?) but with the arms out it's too baby carrier.
Yeah, I much prefer the one with the helmet, and I also don't understand why the arms need to be exposed like it's operating on some kind of gyro/motion controls when the Invictor manages to get by with a melee weapon and heavy weapon with what looks like ludicrously simple controls in comparison. If you have the tech to make a power suit like this function, you don't need the pilot to be exposed and doing motion controls and thus needing to still be wearing their own power armour too. Having said that, the church thinks strapping mad heretics to war engines is a good idea and that the idea of enclosed armour is an iron maiden, so it's not like they are running on logic.

That aside, I do quite like the aesthetic. It's still baroque, the arch matches other kits, and the sleek look at least makes it closer to the sister's general power armour vibe while ditching the corset and boob plate. I can kinda see a bit of Evangelion in it with the top heavy look and thin limbs, but it also has an immediately recognisable silhouette rather than just being another brutally chunky imperial walker.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I much prefer the one with the helmet, and I also don't understand why the arms need to be exposed like it's operating on some kind of gyro/motion controls when the Invictor manages to get by with a melee weapon and heavy weapon with what looks like ludicrously simple controls in comparison. If you have the tech to make a power suit like this function, you don't need the pilot to be exposed and doing motion controls and thus needing to still be wearing their own power armour too. Having said that, the church thinks strapping mad heretics to war engines is a good idea and that the idea of enclosed armour is an iron maiden, so it's not like they are running on logic.

That aside, I do quite like the aesthetic. It's still baroque, the arch matches other kits, and the sleek look at least makes it closer to the sister's general power armour vibe while ditching the corset and boob plate. I can kinda see a bit of Evangelion in it with the top heavy look and thin limbs, but it also has an immediately recognisable silhouette rather than just being another brutally chunky imperial walker.
I should say, it's a great design other than that. Like you said, it's impressively baroque, and the proportions of the arms and legs of the walker calls to the other Sisters walkers like the Penitent Engines, that sort of strange, scarecrow look (in a good way). Just expand out the torso a little so there's room for the limbs inside of the thing and you're golden as far as I'm corned.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new sister kit. Then again I also don't hate the dread knight but that's just me. But honestly, If you think this looks cool:
514FiLr5LbL._AC_.jpg

Then you shouldn't really have much to complain about when it come to similar designs IMO.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I like the new sister kit. Then again I also don't hate the dread knight but that's just me. But honestly, If you think this looks cool:
514FiLr5LbL._AC_.jpg

Then you shouldn't really have much to complain about when it come to similar designs IMO.
To be fair, that's a loader, it's not designed to be used with people shooting at you or giant monsters attacking you, as in literally a 'warsuit'. That it's cool when Ripley is punching an alien queen with it is that it's a desperate, foreshadowed and improvised, if effective, tool used by the underdog, with the same weaknesses of the pilot being exposed in melee shown off and exploited by her opponent. It's also supposed to be functional warehouse tech from a film made in the 80s and set a hundred years in the future, rather than one set in a far, far future where 1cm-thick power armour is standard issue for Sororitas and other imperial walkers exist that just use a joystick and buttons.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, that's a loader, it's not designed to be used with people shooting at you or giant monsters attacking you, as in literally a 'warsuit'. That it's cool when Ripley is punching an alien queen with it is that it's a desperate, foreshadowed and improvised, if effective, tool used by the underdog, with the same weaknesses of the pilot being exposed in melee shown off and exploited by her opponent. It's also supposed to be functional warehouse tech from a film made in the 80s and set a hundred years in the future, rather than one set in a far, far future where 1cm-thick power armour is standard issue for Sororitas and other imperial walkers exist that just use a joystick and buttons.

All fair points, but I'll say that it's basic visual design is similar enough of a comparison that I don't think this new sisters unit (or the dread knight) is any worse of a design than the power loader. Are they impractical in comparison? Absolutely, but this is also the universe of brightly colored, angry faced-helmeted super soldiers fight fantasy tropes while operating air vehicles that have more in common with shipping cargo containers than actual viable aircraft. I don't think some arms popping out the sides of a mech with an open cock pit are that big a deal. But that's just me.

Oct 25, 2017

Okay, but how else is my battle sister supposed to scream their devotion to the Emperor directly into the faces of the heretics?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
All fair points, but I'll say that it's basic visual design is similar enough of a comparison that I don't think this new sisters unit (or the dread knight) is any worse of a design than the power loader. Are they impractical in comparison? Absolutely, but this is also the universe of brightly colored, angry faced-helmeted super soldiers fight fantasy tropes while operating air vehicles that have more in common with shipping cargo containers than actual viable aircraft. I don't think some arms popping out the sides of a mech with an open cock pit are that big a deal. But that's just me.
Yeah, fair enough, I see what you are saying. It's not like there aren't weird elements of other kits that I think are 'rule of cool' but others think 'that's a bit silly'.
Okay, but how else is my battle sister supposed to scream their devotion to the Emperor directly into the faces of the heretics?
Clearly she needs to take inspiration from the primaris land speeder gunner and have two massive speakers broadcasting war hymns at ear-splitting volume right next to her head :D

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cursey City has me all aquiver.
Looks awesome - can't wait to get hold of it.
Won't be missing out on expansions this time - I hate that I missed out on that chaos ogryn one

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Got my physical copy of the Wrath & Glory core rule book and while I'm happy I finally got it after waiting for literally a year my D&D group broke up because of childish drama. I put a lot of effort and energy into setting up and running a campaign and now I'll never get to actually play it :(