• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
All/more of the Christmas Battleforces confirmed:

Warhammer 40,000
QF95UCzkVz7jCnK1.jpg

dHLJapxStTW19Skw.jpg

MO3IDSWhJuacFA6q.jpg

xqk3EAa0y4N4ZBc5.jpg

vBi5w505ZJaSJ4YM.jpg

XgUAMt2GsD9qZdp2.jpg

Also a couple more AoS ones here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That Imperial Guard battleforce is not great.

When I order from a takeaway I usually leave a little note saying "please swap the mayo for BBQ).".

I feel like doing that here "Please swap Hydra for littersly anything."

Chimera and Sentinel aren't bad. What annoys me though is that the other Imperial Guard sets only come with Battle Tanks and not Demolisher Tanks, which this should have included instead. Would have been an auto-take then for new IG players.

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Tempted by the chaos box. Solid mix of core units and I do need a few of those guys. Shame they chose the Blackstone Fortress CLord since I already got him but I could kitbash him into something else, it's quite a nice model.

The Necron box looks quite fun, I'm not too familiar with the range but it looks like a nice varied selection of models. Are those fellas with the big spears Lichguards? I played a mates Necron army a few months back and those things were a nightmare, although they were using swords and shields instead.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That dwarf box looks hella empty compared to the other ones ? Are those like the custodes where basically each model is is 100 points?

Oct 25, 2017
That dwarf box looks hella empty compared to the other ones ? Are those like the custodes where basically each model is is 100 points?

i thought the exact same thing! Must be a fairly high point army or perhaps all the miniature choices are high monetary amounts?

the imperial guard box isn't too far behind. It looks incredibly lacklustre with a fairly low model count and nearly 20 year old Cadian sculpts.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Gloomspite Gitz being really synergy-focused makes bundles kind of awkward. Hard to have a huge variety of sub-factions when it's really only viable to run one or two at the same time. The Start Collecting box had two units which didn't synergise with each other or the commander that came with it. At least the Battleforce has relevant commanders for the troop types, even if you'd be locked into Squigs+Trolls.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Chaos box looks really fun.

I think the best part of the space marine one is that since the infiltrators and the reivers share the same armor type you can have ten reivers and infiltrators/incursors with 10 different legs instead of two pairs of five. But reivers are such an uncessary unit at this moment.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Gloomspite Gitz being really synergy-focused makes bundles kind of awkward. Hard to have a huge variety of sub-factions when it's really only viable to run one or two at the same time. The Start Collecting box had two units which didn't synergise with each other or the commander that came with it. At least the Battleforce has relevant commanders for the troop types, even if you'd be locked into Squigs+Trolls.

Also a bummer for people like me who just collect/paint and don't play, and want a wide variety of models with no repetition.
Kinda wish I'd bought last year's box now.

Nov 2, 2017
Tempted by the chaos box. Solid mix of core units and I do need a few of those guys. Shame they chose the Blackstone Fortress CLord since I already got him but I could kitbash him into something else, it's quite a nice model.

The Necron box looks quite fun, I'm not too familiar with the range but it looks like a nice varied selection of models. Are those fellas with the big spears Lichguards? I played a mates Necron army a few months back and those things were a nightmare, although they were using swords and shields instead.

The spear guys are Triarch Praetorians.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
"Nah, I won't start a new Army until the Death Guard Codex is out"

1 Week later

"nice, done with basecoating 1500 points of Blood Ravens, now it's time to do some heraldry"

>_>

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

1 Week later

"nice, done with basecoating 1500 points of Blood Ravens, now it's time to do some heraldry"

>_>

I admire your diligence in basecoating 1500 points in a week, rather than doing so erratically over the course of several months.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

That symbol is the ad mech, but it really doesn't look ad mech at all.

Dark mech or warpsmith or something?

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Omg Dark Mech, please.
I'm still pissed Admech got nothing from the Forgeworld Compendium so GW has to give us something else

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wasn't there an Admech model teased back with the Palatine reveal a few months ago? Could be that.

But I'm definitely seeing some Chaos-stuff there, maybe a new Warpsmith model?

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does anybody proofread the assembly instructions? I've had two sets with incorrect numbering that almost screw up the whole model.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there an Admech model teased back with the Palatine reveal a few months ago? Could be that.

But I'm definitely seeing some Chaos-stuff there, maybe a new Warpsmith model?

Yes, we know we're getting a new skitarri hq (want to say lieutenant but as mech already has their own more common hq in the enginseer IMHO).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a warpsmith or something equivalent to go with that new death guard machine lord type thing.

Also, we just did get a shit ton of xenos in necrons and we know dark eldar is upcoming.
Oh, I thought this was a new faction - I'd heard rumors that the reason why the xenos species scheduled didn't have an existing icon was that it was new. If that's just Deldar, that's fine.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought this was a new faction - I'd heard rumors that the reason why the xenos species scheduled didn't have an existing icon was that it was new. If that's just Deldar, that's fine.

Gotya, it just seems semi weird to have a brand new race to be released right now after two huge waves for Primaris and Necrons, especially behen a good amount of factions need their Codexes.

We only had what like two huge waves in eight with death guard and initial primaris, decent sized waves with vanguard primaris, chaos, sob, and some smaller waves with speed freaks, ad mech, and gsc right? Everybody else got like 1 or 2 hqs and maybe a redone unit etc, except for tyrannids.

Oct 26, 2017
odds are, it is dark admech with a splash launch box.

-------------------------------
Jan is likely DA, and GSC
--------------------------------

Finished my Judicar
AvXnKKE.jpg

zFRMsrC.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Dark Mechanicus means some potential for Necromunda proxies!

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017

1 Week later

>_>

I think about starting up Blood Ravens on an almost daily basis at this point, and then I think about having to figure out how to do their shoulder emblems and immediately recoil at the idea. :(

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I think about starting up Blood Ravens on an almost daily basis at this point, and then I think about having to figure out how to do their shoulder emblems and immediately recoil at the idea. :(
There's a few people on shapeways that make bloodraven emblems and whole shoulder pads with symbol. It's pretty cheap and you honestly can't tell the difference between 'em. I used to use them when I first started my space marines (I do Black Templars now) and I have a friend who uses them for his Blood Ravens army.

link: https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=bloody+crows

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Last minute prediction before the preview in two hours is that there will be the first hints a major Slaanesh release. With stuff like the Slaanesh warband in Underworlds, the major event with Slaanesh in the latest campaign kicking off the countdown to 3rd edition in AoS, and that last preview image looks a lot like Sigvalds old armor.

Necromunda: the Van Saar Arachno rig

Also way to much hyping up for the animated stuff . Seriously stop showing us montages and gives us an actual trailer.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Last minute prediction before the preview in two hours is that there will be the first hints a major Slaanesh release. With stuff like the Slaanesh warband in Underworlds, the major event with Slaanesh in the latest campaign kicking off the countdown to 3rd edition in AoS, and that last preview image looks a lot like Sigvalds old armor.

Necromunda: the Van Saar Arachno rig

Also way to much hyping up for the animated stuff . Seriously stop showing us montages and gives us an actual trailer.

Oh we had so many major hints at Slanesh in AOC with them being in so many big boxes right now. I do think with Sigvald we might see refresh of multipart Chaos warriors in AOS, which i'm exceited about.

40k i'm just hoping for replacements for Death Guards for the units of Dark Imperium etc.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
hmm charadon might have a huge orc presence. (nm they basically hinted drukhari will be there as the xenos rep).

Oct 25, 2017
Next step in the 40K story line- Deathguard related, attempting to capture a Forgeworld.

It includes a new campaign book: War Zone Charadon, book 1, The Book of Rust

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed it does- it's from the cover art!
EQ2cKk8Pxnm4jLxu.jpg

Edit: Codex Drukari featured (has this been previously announced?)

No, this was just announced (but they said a xenos codex was upcoming but orks was also a possibility.)

edit. NGL, watching the strream comments (complaining about too much chaos focus and not enough xenos), the average warhammer commenter are just the most pathetic manchildren, chaos has gotten zero so far in 9th edition while Xenos just got a major push in 9th so far. Don't get me wrong I understand primaris fatigue etc, but the way this fanbase rants and rave is just really offputing.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No, this was just announced (but they said a xenos codex was upcoming but orks was also a possibility.)

edit. NGL, watching the strream comments (complaining about too much chaos focus and not enough xenos), the average warhammer commenter are just the most pathetic manchildren, chaos has gotten zero so far in 9th edition while Xenos just got a major push in 9th so far. Don't get me wrong I understand primaris fatigue etc, but the way this fanbase rants and rave is just really offputing.
I agree in the abstract - even when I agree with the complaints, the way people handle themselves can be embarassing and exhausting.

But it's sometimes hard not to feel like the two general buckets are Power Armor and Everybody Else. The Necrons getting some shine is great, but... yeah.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I agree in the abstract - even when I agree with the complaints, the way people handle themselves can be embarassing and exhausting.

But it's sometimes hard not to feel like the two general buckets are Power Armor and Everybody Else. The Necrons getting some shine is great, but... yeah.

It's just gotten to the point imho, where people are complaining anything about themselves not getting anything, and putting themselves into a larger bucket of players that have gotten stuff to make them look more like looking for the entire playerbase when the only are about themselves.

To be honest, Necrons asides from warriors (and (lokhust) destroyers didn't need a refresh as much as other xenos races, but they did get it. I understand that refresh does nothing at all for a tyranid player who hasn't gotten anything since 2014, but don't say Xenos as a whole hasn't gotten stuff.

Chaos hasn't really gotten anything in 9th (DG codex and this campaign book that runs parallel to the main campaing in the Pariah Nexus), complaining about them just seems ... like I don't know. I know they're getting a big push in AoS and you can use some models in both ranges etc.

edt Wow the chaos warriors warband is amazing looking.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looking on the bright side, with Dark Angels out of the way in 2 months time, it leaves the schedule open for a lot of stuff that doesn't involve marines in 2021. I understand entirely why they get the Primaris/marines set up first as their sales outweigh everything else combined, but with that baseline established, it'll be interesting to see what ranges will be leading in the spring. I really wouldn't be surprised at a major refresh for any of the other factions.

it'll be Grey Knights /s