• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Terminator Chaplain Tarentus available from the 31st of October to the 8th of November:

FzwLzxKIOrIhar7e.jpg
The auspex arrays on either side of his head kinda look like cat ears.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Picked up one of the Doomstalkers over the weekend. As an alternative to a Doomsday Ark, this kit is a dream. I assembled one in 15 minutes, painted it up to battle ready in about 2 hours.

Compare that to the Kafkaesque nightmare of having to sub assemble the DDA, paint the guns, ribs, body, pilot all separately, put them together with terrible flimsy joins, edge highlight the thing which has more edges than bismuth and then finally when you take it to a game, it rolls a shitty average then the side guns snap off in transit.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Picked up one of the Doomstalkers over the weekend. As an alternative to a Doomsday Ark, this kit is a dream. I assembled one in 15 minutes, painted it up to battle ready in about 2 hours.

Compare that to the Kafkaesque nightmare of having to sub assemble the DDA, paint the guns, ribs, body, pilot all separately, put them together with terrible flimsy joins, edge highlight the thing which has more edges than bismuth and then finally when you take it to a game, it rolls a shitty average then the side guns snap off in transit.
I've got two Doomstalkers on the way here, hopefully they'll arrive sometime this week! They're quite reasonably priced IMO, definitely look like a breeze to assemble and paint compared to the DDA!

Even though they're push-fit, it looks to me from the sprues like you could get some variation in them without any real conversion work. The neck looks like it could be flipped to face the head in the other direction, and maybe I can rotate the body on one of them where it joins to the legs to give it the appearance of having a different pose as well...

Edit - nice little rules comparison here:

Last edited:

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone here play Guard? My friend is running a list that seems quite good and I'd love for other Guard players to give it a try.

It....hurts. I know Guard is in a rough spot atm, but this + 9th edition....
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [21 PL, 12CP, 414pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]:
3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Regimental Doctrine:
Disciplined Shooters, Wilderness Survivors

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]:
Chainsword, Laspistol, Warlord

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol, Relic: The Laurels of Command

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]

. 9x Guardsman: 9x Lasgun
. Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Elites +

Command Squad [2 PL, 64pts]

. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Master of Ordnance [2 PL, 35pts]

Special Weapons Squad [1 PL, 45pts]

. 3x Guardsman: 3x Lasgun
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

++ Spearhead Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [99 PL, -4CP, 1,586pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-3CP]

Regimental Doctrine:
Gunnery Experts, Jury-rigged Repairs

+ Stratagems +

Tank Ace [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Commissar Yarrick [6 PL, 105pts]

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 45pts]

. 4x Scion: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels [6 PL, 90pts]

. Scout Sentinel: Heavy Flamer

Scout Sentinels [6 PL, 90pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Conquerors [11 PL, 162pts]

. Leman Russ Conqueror: Conqueror Battle Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Manticore [8 PL, 145pts]: Full Payload, Heavy Flamer

Manticore [8 PL, 145pts]: Full Payload, Heavy Flamer

Wyverns [8 PL, 135pts]
. Wyvern: Heavy Flamer

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chimera [5 PL, 85pts]:
Heavy Flamer, Multi-laser

Chimera [5 PL, 85pts]: Heavy Flamer, Multi-laser

Chimera [5 PL, 85pts]: Heavy Flamer, Multi-laser

++ Total: [120 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I've got two Doomstalkers on the way here, hopefully they'll arrive sometime this week! They're quite reasonably priced IMO, definitely look like a breeze to assemble and paint compared to the DDA!

Even though they're push-fit, it looks to me from the sprues like you could get some variation in them without any real conversion work. The neck looks like it could be flipped to face the head in the other direction, and maybe I can rotate the body on one of them where it joins to the legs to give it the appearance of having a different pose as well...

Edit - nice little rules comparison here:

Presently the cables below the gauss flayers prevent you from rotating the body once its attached to the legs but you can detatch it easily. Also the sort of shoulder panels are the only part you might consider attaching after painting the mid section.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, I lost it and bought a small army of Necrons. Couldn't handle the idea of cheesing with Marines so I'll cheese with death robots.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I stumbled and forcefully dropped my project box lid open to the ground when taking it from the house to my workshop. Out of 30 or so Sisters maybe 3 got out unharmed. I am a little unhappy.

Actually, I almost cried. I haven't been in the best of places with my mental health lately and seeing all those broken minis on the ground sure sucked.

And well, the 9th edition elite edition starter box arrived today so yay.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I stumbled and forcefully dropped my project box lid open to the ground when taking it from the house to my workshop. Out of 30 or so Sisters maybe 3 got out unharmed. I am a little unhappy.

Actually, I almost cried. I haven't been in the best of places with my mental health lately and seeing all those broken minis on the ground sure sucked.

Oh that sucks :( are they mendable ?

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Oh that sucks :( are they mendable ?

I hope so. I think I got all the broken pieces pieces together, but I didn't have the energy to go through everything right now.

The damage was pretty bad considering they are all plastic. It must be because they all have weight to their bases because I have metal washers on the underside so they stick to the magnetic sheet I have on the box. Except this time they didn't, ofc.

So so sorry, we all deal differently when hobby stuff breaks but it is always awful.

Bright side, free battle damage.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

The rumor of the day def seems to hint that tau auxiliaries are coming back with a vengeance with what looks like a vespid hatching.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I'm honestly terrified of getting a figure like the new void dragon as it just looks so goddamn fragile.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, with all the fiddly and pointy bits I'm a bit nervous of moving my AdMech when the time comes.

On a slightly related note, after painting nothing but AdMech I got a Gloomspite Gitz Loonboss for variety and it's very relaxing not having to worry about intricate machinery and painting subassemblies for a change lol.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The rumor of the day def seems to hint that tau auxiliaries are coming back with a vengeance with what looks like a vespid hatching.
Ooooooh

This has been rumored a ton, so I'm not holding my breath, but I'd LOVE if they moved T'au into more of a Xenos Coalition space. A irreligious Covenant, if you will.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Any chance of Gue'vesa becoming a proper part of the Tau codex? I'd rather they introduce more Kroot/Vespid/New(?) xeno models, but it'd be a fairly efficient use of existing Imperial Guard units.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of Gue'vesa becoming a proper part of the Tau codex? I'd rather they introduce more Kroot/Vespid/New(?) xeno models, but it'd be a fairly efficient use of existing Imperial Guard units.
This'd be cool. Wouldn't be too much work for them if they're making new Guard infantry to do up some Gue'Vesa bits that fit the models.
Also some chatter that this might be aos related as well. So I apologise for raising some false hopes up.
Like I said, it's been rumored for ages, and it never panned out, so I wasn't exactly holding my breath anyway lol.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, but I figure that they've got to replace the basic Cadian models at this point, right? Things are deeply dated.
Comparing the Cadian infantry kit to anything remotely new like the Genecult Hybrids or Admech kits it is shocking to see just far sprue packing tech has come.

As for the rumour engine yeah that's probably AoS, either the ling hinted at Silent People or s Slyvaneth bug Sprite. I thought at first it was a baby Ambull then I remembered we actually know what those look like

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
So so sorry, we all deal differently when hobby stuff breaks but it is always awful.

Bright side, free battle damage.
I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I'm honestly terrified of getting a figure like the new void dragon as it just looks so goddamn fragile.

Thanks. I'm past the initial shock, but it's going to take a while before I can muster the will to go through the damage.

my WIP "old marine" wolfguard jump pack leader.

(the powerfist storm sheild leader)
YSZLTOJ.jpg

I love these! The iconic look together with primaris proportions is my jam.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Saw someone mention on Facebook that the new codex books are printed in the UK instead of China, checked my new Necrons codex just now and yup:

img_20201014_08354539plkk5.jpg

Wonder if this is Covid related or a permanent shift?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Saw someone mention on Facebook that the new codex books are printed in the UK instead of China, checked my new Necrons codex just now and yup:

img_20201014_08354539plkk5.jpg

Wonder if this is Covid related or a permanent shift?
Might also be Brexit related in terms of moving stock across Europe? But yeah, Covid would do it too. It's harder to move stock around right now, the U.K. is obviously their hub, and the marine codex is a heavy book they'll sell literal tons of over the next four years. I imagine they got a good bulk deal from U.K. printers looking for work.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they also face a massive issue this/last year when release schedules had to be changed, as a load of stock (items like books which they usually outsource) was stuck within the international container shipping system coming from factories in China, which also inadvertently meant via shipping rosters lots of releases were leaked?

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Didn't they also face a massive issue this/last year when release schedules had to be changed, as a load of stock (items recently like books which they usually outsource) was stuck within the international container shipping system coming from factories in China, which also inadvertently meant via shipping rosters lots of releases were leaked?
Yeah, I think so.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The price discrepancy with the stand alone necron warriors vs recruit edition is kinda hilarious.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The price discrepancy with the stand alone necron warriors vs recruit edition is kinda hilarious.
Same for a lot of the starter sets. Like the price of 4 primaris marine characters and a rulebook bought separately is the same price as the entire Indomitus set was at £130, let alone the entire Necron force and 4 marine squads that's also included. That's partly why I bought the set.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
ClHbcBRfm0PQenTp.jpg

Codex schedule. Anyone to hazard a guess for the last two?
I think the art is placeholders for 'Imperial' and 'xenos'. The Imperial one is Dark Angels. The Xenos one, no idea! I'm actually thinking there's a slim chance it might be a new race, but only because they've been so secretive about it- with no real reason for it. Like, if it was nids or Eldar or whatever, they could easily have said by now.

Otherwise, most of the Xenos lists are desperately in need of some love, it could be any of them. Hmm. Maybe Dark Eldar? I think it will be one of the Xenos factions they showed a new character model for at the end of one of the previews.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the art is placeholders for 'Imperial' and 'xenos'. The Imperial one is Dark Angels. The Xenos one, no idea! I'm actually thinking there's a slim chance it might be a new race, but only because they've been so secretive about it- with no real reason for it. Like, if it was nids or Eldar or whatever, they could easily have said by now.

I would hope for that, or a significant push to expand on an existing race- I.e. Tau Mercs and allied races?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I would hope for that, or a significant push to expand on an existing race- I.e. Tau Mercs and allied races?
So, we saw a rumour engine insectoid egg/creature that might be vespid.

We also had this in the summer that hinted at new minis for Dark Eldar, Orks, Chaos, Sisters and AdMech.

So if I were gonna guess, Dark Eldar or Orks in Jan, with Tau not too far out either. It looks like the books are gonna come arrive quickly though, I wouldn't be surprised if more than half the factions have new codexes by the end of next year.

Sisters and Knights/Chaos Knights are likely at the back of the queue and I wouldn't expect AdMech or GSC to be too close to the front either.

Last edited:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Stupid question: I got my SM Codex today and saw that I couldn't find any named character in de datasheets like Guilliman or Calgar. Where are those supposed to be found ?