• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
This unending avalanche of marines is rather impressive. The game is like a new Horus Heresy except every side is loyal to the Emperor.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
oS00mgXKQMqBqwNw.jpg

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
This unending avalanche of marines is rather impressive. The game is like a new Horus Heresy except every side is loyal to the Emperor.

Honestly, I see this as really the last big batch for Space Marines.

This is really just a repeat of the stormcast eternal rollout in Aos, and after the first four waves, they haven't been that many.

The only thing primaries marines needs "rulewise" is a flier, as the firstborn replacement is over with.

Thematically, some players will want terminator armor, but I don't think that's necessary tbh.

Last edited:

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
The comment about how whoever you are playing there is cool stuff coming... well Craftworld players say hi. I'm not holding my breath tbh. The new Necron models do look amazing though.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

This is really just a repeat of the stormcast eternal rollout in Aos, and after the first four waves, they haven't been that many.

The only thing primaries marines needs "rulewise" is a flier, as the firstborn replacement is over with.

Thematically, some players will want terminator armor, but I don't think that's necessary tbh.
I can see a wave of a bike kit, bike command squad, ravenwing etc, I doubt we'll see it before 10th edition though.

I wonder if the new Primaris techmarine can crew a thudgun or if that's still off limits for them?

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, I kinda dig how the mono pose assault intercessors look compared to this kit. Oh well, cheaper times for me.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I kinda dig how the mono pose assault intercessors look compared to this kit. Oh well, cheaper times for me.

I hear you, the big reason people happy with this is that it gives the sergeant options for thunder hammers which increases the threat value of assault intercessors a ton.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I hear you, the big reason people happy with this is that it gives the sergeant options for thunder hammers which increases the threat value of assault intercessors a ton.
Also if you've already bought Indomitus, you can buy this set and then have two units of ten, all different marines, both with sergeants with power fist/hammer/sword. That's pretty cool. Also something I might try as my opponents will never expect me to deploy 20 Dark angels with chainswords running at them under heavy covering fire :D

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
The comment about how whoever you are playing there is cool stuff coming... well Craftworld players say hi. I'm not holding my breath tbh. The new Necron models do look amazing though.

Tau and GSC say hi! I don't think I have a viable army for either at the moment. My friends are basically unable to make lists that are soft enough for them.

I hope you're right, I really really love 40k and the Xenos neglect is painful to watch.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Also if you've already bought Indomitus, you can buy this set and then have two units of ten, all different marines, both with sergeants with power fist/hammer/sword. That's pretty cool. Also something I might try as my opponents will never expect me to deploy 20 Dark angels with chainswords running at them under heavy covering fire :D
That I agree with. I also hope/assume they also open power swords now and I can go ahead with my Emperor's Spears plans.

I like how the assault intercessor box basically replaces all the weapon options from the chapter upgrade packs. I think it's very very likely that power swords are an option.

That being said, it's a pet peeve and all but I really don't like the indomitus bracers identifying that they're from that crusade, and I don't like how the MPK assault intercessors have the larger protuding shoulder pad. I just like having uniformity in my army at some points, oh well.

I can see a wave of a bike kit, bike command squad, ravenwing etc, I doubt we'll see it before 10th edition though.

I wonder if the new Primaris techmarine can crew a thudgun or if that's still off limits for them?

Doubt it for the thudgun.

I can see a small miniwave for like a ten box sprue of intercessor bodies for blood angels, dark angels, and wolves or something like that.

tbh of the the 9 "original" chapters. I think the Raven Guard and Imp fists made out like bandits, while the blood angels, dark angels, and space wolves have really suffered a thematic hit.

Last edited:

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
That's an ugly Speeder.

That said, I think is easily fixable* by scrapping the guy in the turret and not mounting the grav skates (and maybe the frontal steel bars).

*Kinda. It would still much bulkier than I like for a speeder, but that would require much more work.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I like how the assault intercessor box basically replaces all the weapon options from the chapter upgrade packs. I think it's very very likely that power swords are an option.

That being said, it's a pet peeve and all but I really don't like the indomitus bracers identifying that they're from that crusade, and I don't like how the MPK assault intercessors have the larger protuding shoulder pad. I just like having uniformity in my army at some points, oh well.

Doubt it for the thudgun.

I can see a small miniwave for like a ten box sprue of intercessor bodies for blood angels, dark angels, and wolves or something like that.

tbh of the the 9 "original" chapters. I think the Raven Guard and Imp fists made out like bandits, while the blood angels, dark angels, and space wolves have really suffered a thematic hit.

Oh, right. Those bracers are meeting a file for sure when I get my guys.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering why my fiancee is still not killing me with all the space I took on the coffee table... we really need to move so I can have a hobby room.
ozfb1KT.jpg

Can someone tell me what this flag is ? I know purity seals and that you're supposed to write the name of the almost-dead marine on the cloth attached to the sarcophagus, but I never saw one of those flags before:
zEXwPaS.jpg

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm wondering why my fiancee is still not killing me with all the space I took on the coffee table... we really need to move so I can have a hobby room.
ozfb1KT.jpg

Can someone tell me what this flag is ? I know purity seals and that you're supposed to write the name of the almost-dead marine on the cloth attached to the sarcophagus, but I never saw one of those flags before:
zEXwPaS.jpg
Looks like a loincloth for a dread to me, or a weapon pennant

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Looks like you will be able to use the assault intercessors box to make decent normal Intercessor Sergeant with the hand flamer, power hammer etc parts

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got my first member of the yellow Admech painted up, pretty chuffed with it. Not too happy with the chalky texture of the Yriel Yellow robes but it's already miles better than anything I painted when I last played 15 years ago. People aren't kidding about the power of washes. Just 21 more to go then I can justify buying some more stuff.

admech-2.jpg
admech-1.jpg

Last edited:

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
I genuinely thought there was a new Tau model for a second when they started that Forge World video lol

I'm at the point where I'm debating whether to buy ugly ass finecast Krootoxen, because they have a new stratagem that makes them able to push enemies off objectives. But I'm 99% sure they'll disappear from the next codex so it feels like a waste of (a lot of) money.

Welp, at least there's still Farsight, I really should do that conversion and field a blob of slightly playable battlesuits.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"Brother, the forum users don't like how you look!"

"WHAT, BROTHER? YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, MY HEAD IS WAGED BETWEEN THESE MISSILE BANKS AND I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING BESIDES THE RINGING!"

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
With all the new Necron stuff, I'm more conflicted about selling their half of Indomitus. I thought I was a Tyrnaid player, but James Twerkshop isn't going to show them love for a while.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

well, blood angels do need proper assault marines!

I posted it before but GW is definitely telling us something here.

www.youtube.com

More Space Marines Incoming!

The latest wave of Space Marines units have been revealed, soon to dominate battlefields across the galaxy. Which kit are you most looking forward to? https:...

It's funny how they keep dropping the ball on these Primaris vehicle models.

Hmm,

I like the impulsor, gladiator chassis (impulsor does some after market parts who don't like the open truck look, I actually like it ). I don't like the base repulsor, I do like the executioner.
The quad looks stupid, but to be fair the attack bike its replacing looked really stupid as well. The redemptor looks fine but tbh i was never a fan of dreadnoughts in the first place, so I really don't care about either. The invictor can be fixed easily with aftermarket products imho (which is kinda recurring theme with primaris vehicles).

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Though there are blatant design flaws, these new speeders actually look cool compared to the Repulsors and ATV. Remove the guy on the top turret and I can forgive all the nitpicks. I know people don't like the third marine but I say he's operating the weapons or soemthing.

the Captain looks cool.but I really wish that sword wasn't placed where it was.

The Heavy Intercessors and their new guns look absolutely awesome. Their new stats do not however.

S5 AP-2, 3 wound Boltguns, T5 3 wound troops? Sorry for the vulgarity but given how Marines are already dominating FUCK THAT.

That Nurgle model looks bad. I'm not a fan of the Nurgle models having an entirely different artstyle to every other model GW releases. I get that Nurgles has a theme but it looks so cartoony and stylised.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Though there are blatant design flaws, these new speeders actually look cool compared to the Repulsors and ATV. Remove the guy on the top turret and I can forgive all the nitpicks. I know people don't like the third marine but I say he's operating the weapons or soemthing.

the Captain looks cool.but I really wish that sword wasn't placed where it was.

The Heavy Intercessors and their new guns look absolutely awesome. Their new stats do not however.

S5 AP-2, 3 wound Boltguns, T5 3 wound troops? Sorry for the vulgarity but given how Marines are already dominating FUCK THAT.

That Nurgle model looks bad. I'm not a fan of the Nurgle models having an entirely different artstyle to every other model GW releases. I get that Nurgles has a theme but it looks so cartoony and stylised.

I think you're kinda being over afraid of the heavy intercessors right now (unless the point costs are a lot less then their equivalent power cost). They're going to be around 28-30 points, have shitty transport options, and don't have sergeant options that that normal intercessors do. I could see them being used as backliners because they're range is huge, but at the same time you're paying alot for that.

I'll be honest I don't like the old indomitus terminator design (much prefer Tartaros and Cataphracti Terminator), and I think that's what hurting the Nurgle model here.

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I think you're kinda being over afraid of the heavy intercessors right now (unless the point costs are a lot less then they're equivalent power cost). They're going to be around 28-30 points, have shitty transport options, and don't have sergeant options that that normal intercessors do.

I'll be honest I don't like the old indomitus terminator design (much prefer Tartaros and Cataphracti Terminator), and I think that's what hurting the Nurgle model here.

I'm sure they'll be expensive. But it's just a non-stop stream of "Your anti-marine weapons now do even less damage against Marines." Along with the constant power creep.

I've seen more than one batrep were players fire heavy tanks (Demolishers) into Intercessors and not kill more than 1 because of all the passive stacks and the transhuman physiology stratagem.

Regardless. My issue with the Terminator is that it looks like something out of the clone wars more than 40k. I get that warp exposure can change armor but none of it looks real.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel like we should have this still as the thread banner everytime there's a new wave of marines :D

Lbpd1k.png

I don't like the ATV or the Impulsor. I quite like the shape of the Repulsor Executioner but, like the LR Crusader's pintle-mounted multi-melta, my main issue is it just looks like someone glued too many guns on it. Main hull anti-infantry weapon and turret energy weapon is cool, but does it really need a co-axial gatling gun? And why does it need two different types of auxiliary grenade launchers, plus a pintle stubber plus an anti-aircraft gun on the back as it's seventh weapon system when no other vehicle does? I think it would have been less busy if they said 'choose between anti-air, grenade launcher or stubber as the *fourth* weapon, as that's already loads.

Last edited: