• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
I feel extraordinarily grateful about having a good relationship with and have been going to the same LGS since I was in middle school (and I'm in my 30s now) so the owner has known me since I was a kid. He gave us regulars a pretty rad price (190 CAD) for Indomitus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Element Games is saying August 7th for more Indomitus!

Edit: or maybe not! I checked myself and I think they're talking about their orders not going out until well after release date...

Goblin Gaming on the other hand say late August for wave 2:
We will be allocating whatever stock we have for wave 2, to those who we oversold wave 1 preorders too. You may be contacted to be told you DO have stock, but you will be required to wait until the second wave of stock arrives in late August.

Goblin Gaming

PREORDER UPDATE - PLEASE READ: (We have a history of being completely honest with our customers, and while this situation is still unfolding we need to be as transparent with you now ) We want to...

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I am starting up an Eldar Army and this is my first model testing my color scheme. Now that I have the colors figured out, I bet I can knock these guys out in 15-20 minutes each. I decided on teal mainly because each warrior aspect has the primary colors locked down and I want them to stand out when mixed with the guardians and their vehicles. Also, since they are Eldar I wanted the color fade in the armor just to make them unique. I can't imagine doing the fade on any other army.

rSAZsAH.jpg
a3ln7cL.jpg

My modest collection of 15 Guardians, 3 War Walkers, 10 Dire Avengers, and 5 Fire Dragons should be fully painted within the month.

Incoming is a full army of Wraithguard (40), Wraithlords (2), a Spiritseer, a Farseer, and a Wraithseer!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I am starting up an Eldar Army and this is my first model testing my color scheme. Now that I have the colors figured out, I bet I can knock these guys out in 15-20 minites each. I decided on teal mainly because each warrior aspect has the primary colors locked down and I want them to stand out when mixed with the guardians and their vehicles. Also, since they are Eldar I wanted the color fade in the armor just to make them unique. I can't imagine doing the fade on any other army.

rSAZsAH.jpg
a3ln7cL.jpg

My modest collection of 15 Guardians, 3 War Walkers, 10 Dire Avengers, and 5 Fire Dragons should be fully painted within the month.

Incoming is a full army of Wraithguard (40), Wraithlords (2), a Spiritseer, a Farseer, and a Wraithseer!
Damn, that looks nice. I really like that color scheme. I really need to practice blending.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I am starting up an Eldar Army and this is my first model testing my color scheme. Now that I have the colors figured out, I bet I can knock these guys out in 15-20 minutes each. I decided on teal mainly because each warrior aspect has the primary colors locked down and I want them to stand out when mixed with the guardians and their vehicles. Also, since they are Eldar I wanted the color fade in the armor just to make them unique. I can't imagine doing the fade on any other army.

rSAZsAH.jpg
a3ln7cL.jpg

Really liking the choice of colours!

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like August restock is real then. Hopefully GW devotes a lot of their capacity to producing as many as they can unless they plan to releasing a true starter set this year as well.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

rSAZsAH.jpg
a3ln7cL.jpg

I saw this 9th edition battle report on an Eldar Iyanden Ghost Warriors army vs Space Wolves on the GMG channel, thought you might be interested :-)

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
One of the larger German retailers called Taschengelddieb is pretty pissed about these scalpers. He is one of those retailers that didn't get his allocated amount of boxes while there are hundreds of scalpers on eBay and eBay Kleinanzeigen and Facebook selling boxes for double or triple the amount.

He will try to take action against these guys and check if German law has some rules against making X amount of money with reselling new wares as a private person.

I really hope he succeeds! Fuck Scalpers.

Nov 2, 2017
Holy smokes, I see them being SOLD, not just listed, at a higher price in pounds than I paid for mine in CAD.

Insane. Don't do that people, please.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this 9th edition battle report on an Eldar Iyanden Ghost Warriors army vs Space Wolves on the GMG channel, thought you might be interested :-)

Thanks! Here is the one I watched the other day that was a good match.

Interestingly, I did not order the ghost warriors for an army but out of pure logistics. Eventually, my Eldar army will be quite large, so I am doing a divide & conquer strategy on purchasing and painting. Each one will be its own force or can be mix and matched.

1. Wraith Army
1a. Wraithknights

2. Guardian Army
2a. Jet Bikes
2b. Vehicles

3. Aspect Warrior Army

4. Harlequin

The good news is that a wraith army seems hard as nails, so it looks like I lucked out by ordering them first. It is also a lore heavy and thematic army, which I love. I have heard the wraithguard referred to as "terminators" a few times and I really like the comparison.

Oct 26, 2017
They need to do these boxes made to order
So they don't want to do that for a multitude of reasons.
1 being if they over supply it will crash the sales of this kit, when it's split up, and if resellers flood the market with 15$ eradicators it will destroy the sales of the real kit.

But yes, a better implementation is needed so actual hobbyists can get the kit.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
One of the larger German retailers called Taschengelddieb is pretty pissed about these scalpers. He is one of those retailers that didn't get his allocated amount of boxes while there are hundreds of scalpers on eBay and eBay Kleinanzeigen and Facebook selling boxes for double or triple the amount.

He will try to take action against these guys and check if German law has some rules against making X amount of money with reselling new wares as a private person.

I really hope he succeeds! Fuck Scalpers.
I've noticed a single eBayer splitting around 100 sets to sell at around double the RRP overall. How was it possible for someone to buy so many when they sold out within minutes and with purchase limits? Seems like someone did something dodgy, or a retailer maybe. They have lots of identical fixed price listings up too which breaches eBay's policies.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a Necron Skorpekh Lord for £10.50 delivered last night, for something new and interesting to paint. Wouldn't mind getting the three Skorpekh Destroyers to go with it, but I'm not paying £17+ for them.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like there are bots and scripts that can fill out order forms, so it's easy to bombard the shop with several orders within seconds.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks! Here is the one I watched the other day that was a good match.

Interestingly, I did not order the ghost warriors for an army but out of pure logistics. Eventually, my Eldar army will be quite large, so I am doing a divide & conquer strategy on purchasing and painting. Each one will be its own force or can be mix and matched.

1. Wraith Army
1a. Wraithknights

2. Guardian Army
2a. Jet Bikes
2b. Vehicles

3. Aspect Warrior Army

4. Harlequin

The good news is that a wraith army seems hard as nails, so it looks like I lucked out by ordering them first. It is also a lore heavy and thematic army, which I love. I have heard the wraithguard referred to as "terminators" a few times and I really like the comparison.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that later! I've been watching some games to get my head around how the rules work. Have to admit I haven't used wraithguard since second edition with the two-piece metal kits, but they were always one of my favourite units. I just liked the look of them and the Eldar dreadnought (now wraithlord) and titans, all elegant limbs and large heads. The wraithguard backpacks made them look very HR Geiger too.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to sort themselves out and fucking stop with limited preorder crap.
Make it made to order, have a week long window setup because your bloody servers still can't hold the load, maybe even allocate a fixed ceiling for 3rd party stores if you want to, and everyone will happily pay you, GW.

Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed a single eBayer splitting around 100 sets to sell at around double the RRP overall. How was it possible for someone to buy so many when they sold out within minutes and with purchase limits? Seems like someone did something dodgy, or a retailer maybe. They have lots of identical fixed price listings up too which breaches eBay's policies.
Imho, I think the purchasing bots place the order at the exact same millisecond, while altering the name slightly,and if it's to an apartment, then it probably bypasses the purchasing limits.

Also there are reports that the purchasing limits weren't in place and a few people have claimed to have been able to order 6+ in one purchase

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, I'll have a look at that later! I've been watching some games to get my head around how the rules work. Have to admit I haven't used wraithguard since second edition with the two-piece metal kits, but they were always one of my favourite units. I just liked the look of them and the Eldar dreadnought (now wraithlord) and titans, all elegant limbs and large heads. The wraithguard backpacks made them look very HR Geiger too.

The thought of silent automations filled with the souls of long dead warriors is just plain cool to me. I like that they are viewing the material world through the vail of death and they benefit greatly by having a psyker around to strengthen their bond to this reality. I'm not sure that is even a rule anymore, but I always liked the idea. Now they have the Spiritseer who is basically a necromancer in the eyes of the Eldar, which is doubly cool! I also like that in the rules they can heal wraith units.

The Wraithseer is a Forge World model that is a Wraithlord with the spirit of a Warlock inside. It's rules are pretty monstrous!

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
mW9Cj27Ck4bSmP87.jpg

Love this new art!

Necron lore article today:

The Return of the Silent King

With his people asleep, Szarekh, the last of the Silent Kings, took himself into exile in the galactic void, seeking penance for the purgatory he had brought to his people. For millions of years, he travelled the darkness between galaxies. In the meantime, his people began to awaken, only to discover that the younger races had not died out – the galaxy would need to be re-conquered through force.

Within the intergalactic void, the Silent King had discovered a new threat to his people – the Tyranids. If they were able to consume all of the bio-matter in the galaxy then the Necrons would have no hope of ever reversing biotransference. He knew that he would have to return and rule his people once more.

With his return, the Necrons once again have hope that they will dominate the galaxy. Szarekh has initiated a scheme that is simply a masterstroke, creating arrays of immense pylons made of noctilith. This mysterious substance can enhance or shut down psychic powers, and even Belisarius Cawl sees it as the way to defeat Chaos. Where these pylons are raised, whole regions of realspace are cut off from the warp – in its fearful ignorance, Mankind has dubbed this the Pariah Nexus. Any living creatures within this area of space find themselves afflicted with a numbing despair that only worsens with time until they become little more than a mindless husk – the perfect vessels for experimentation on the reversal of biotransference. Due to the negative charge of the pylons, the manifestation of daemonic or psychic energies within these regions becomes vastly more difficult. The Necron's plans are finally coming to fruition.

Who Can Stop Them?

During the War in Heaven, the Aeldari had the help of the Old Ones, but now they are a fractured and dying race. Can the Tyranids overcome the technological advantages that the Necrons have? Maybe the Orks can overcome the soul-sucking horror of the Pariah Nexus by simply fighting everything. The Imperium's Indomitus Crusade has reached the edge of the Pariah Nexus – can the greatest mobilisation of men and material in 10,000 years stop the Necrons? The powers of Chaos seek to expand the influence of the warp, and the Dark Gods have their own plans for noctilith. The four great powers and their followers will not let the Necron's plan play out unopposed. Perhaps the only beings in the material universe with the power enough to halt the Necrons are the very gods that began this – the C'tan. Though many shards of these ancient beings are shackled within the technology of their former servants, their desire for vengeance still burns strong, and there are isolated reports of C'tan shards across the galaxy that have broken their chains, intent on revenge.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some rumblings yesterday on Bolter & Chainsword that many are suspecting that some of the ebay scalpers are actually third party retailers with trade accounts who got a hold of a bunch of kits and are price gouging on ebay instead of actually legitimately distributing them. There was no proof mind you but it certainly explains how someone could get upwards of 90 boxes so quickly. I hope that's not the case because that would just be the absolute worst. I'd have a hard time trusting LGS's in the future if that is the case.

Also, apparently GW was on a tear yesterday deleting old Warhammer Community Articles hyping up the box and deleting Facebook posts. The handling of the whole situation on their end has just been abysmal. A LOT of people aren't happy right now and I can't blame them honestly. I resigned myself to most likely not being able to snag a box (which I didn't) but for people who really wanted the stuff are now left out in the cold. Shit sucks.

Oct 26, 2017
I saw some rumblings yesterday on Bolter & Chainsword that many are suspecting that some of the ebay scalpers are actually third party retailers with trade accounts who got a hold of a bunch of kits and are price gouging on ebay instead of actually legitimately distributing them. There was no proof mind you but it certainly explains how someone could get upwards of 90 boxes so quickly. I hope that's not the case because that would just be the absolute worst. I'd have a hard time trusting LGS's in the future if that is the case.

Also, apparently GW was on a tear yesterday deleting old Warhammer Community Articles hyping up the box and deleting Facebook posts. The handling of the whole situation on their end has just been abysmal. A LOT of people aren't happy right now and I can't blame them honestly. I resigned myself to most likely not being able to snag a box (which I didn't) but for people who really wanted the stuff are now left out in the cold. Shit sucks.
The former wouldn't surprise me. Are there any links that show proof of them deleting shit though? That seems crazy.

Oct 26, 2017

yep.

I suspect a ton of 3rd party retailers are the ones who are flipping them, via sister businesses.

especially the ones that have already parted out 100 sets.
(only real way to get that quantity was via 3rd party retailers)

I suspect this week will 100% be damage control from GW.

I expect the following.

1. Public announcement of (cart glitches) that allowed some people to order more than 3, their orders will be reduced to 3.
2. private announcement through sales stating that any order with identical address that bypasses the limit of 3 to be canceled.
3. ( new stock allocations available via GW stores directly, (the canceled orders distributed to GW stores.)

4. a further review of future limited edition releases.
5. a private discussion with the community team, sales, and logistics to insure they are all on the same page.

6. announcment of a second print run, shipping end of august, (they might just make the number of orders they get)
-- open the order up to get the box for 2~ weeks. then after that 2 weeks you can no longer order it. then they print it and get em all shipped out.
i.e. order now -2 weeks, it will ship starting end of august

other thing I noticed some people who ordered the parted units already got them.
so that means the "influencers" that got the boxsets are also the same people parting out the kits and shipping stuff WELL before street date.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I... am somewhat confused. The Silent King, horrified at the threat of the Tyranids, returns to lead his people, and his first act is... turning a bunch of fleshlings into test subjects so they can look into how to reverse Biotransference? Literally the biggest asset the 'crons have fighting the Tyranids is that they're not made of meat. Both of these things make sense as goals, but I can't see how one leads to the other.

Oct 26, 2017
I... am somewhat confused. The Silent King, horrified at the threat of the Tyranids, returns to lead his people, and his first act is... turning a bunch of fleshlings into test subjects so they can look into how to reverse Biotransference? Literally the biggest asset the 'crons have fighting the Tyranids is that they're not made of meat. Both of these things make sense as goals, but I can't see how one leads to the other.
so.

SIlent kings long term goal.

A. Reverse the biotransference that made them robots.

in order to achieve this, there must be organic matter in the galaxy to act as fuel for this.

Tyranids consume all organic matter, and I assume through testing, silent king has found that tyranid genetic material is not compatible.

so he is returning to do 2 things.

A1. Wake the necrons to kill off the tyranids from the galaxy.
A2. Continue on Research and development for a effective method for biotransfernce.

for A2. The closest genetic stock in the galaxy that has come close to acheiving the reversal of the biotransference before failure was Astartes.
Theres now super charged astartes + Humans are evolving.
so theres a HIGH likely hood that either Evolved humans will be the missing component to complete the biotransference, or Primaris astartes will be the fuel.

keep in mind Silent king and necrons in general look at millions of years for plans. it could be that some necrons coding is now degrading to a point that he cannot afford to awaiting another 50 million years.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
so.

SIlent kings long term goal.

A. Reverse the biotransference that made them robots.

in order to achieve this, there must be organic matter in the galaxy to act as fuel for this.

Tyranids consume all organic matter, and I assume through testing, silent king has found that tyranid genetic material is not compatible.

so he is returning to do 2 things.

A1. Wake the necrons to kill off the tyranids from the galaxy.
A2. Continue on Research and development for a effective method for biotransfernce.

for A2. The closest genetic stock in the galaxy that has come close to acheiving the reversal of the biotransference before failure was Astartes.
Theres now super charged astartes + Humans are evolving.
so theres a HIGH likely hood that either Evolved humans will be the missing component to complete the biotransference, or Primaris astartes will be the fuel.
Ahhh - I'd missed the line connecting the Tyranids to the biotransference thing. That makes more sense.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool, all the point costs are out there in the wild.
They're leaked leaked? I see sites are putting up reviews. Goonhammer was particularly harsh on GW.

The thing I dislike, bluntly, is that too much stuff feels like it's just been done formulaically without much thought. In many cases carefully accumulated buffs that had finally got a bunch of tier two stuff near tables in CA2019 is just immediately undone by hitting them with average increases. In my opinion, there needed to be an extra step applied much more widely before adding on any points to check "should we be increasing this unit at all?". A few things got that treatment (Hellblasters, Terminators) but nowhere near enough stuff for my tastes, and I think quite a few factions are going to end up with a limited pool of options to draw on early in the edition.

Rob used the word "lazy" and that is, in my view, correct. Many of the changes are completely thoughtless – Wings outlined the rubric above, and you can observe it pretty easily for yourself. Sticking to the Drukhari lens here, Incubi briefly dipped down to 14pts in Chapter Approved 2019 and are now straight back to their old 16pt cost from the codex – at 14pts they were still overcosted for their in-game potential, and now they've climbed back up. Ravagers and Razorwings, which took a sizable hike in CA2019, have been increased again

Last edited:

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
They're leaked leaked? I see sites are putting up reviews. Goonhammer was particularly harsh in GW.

A couple of youtubers have detailed the entire points lists and as such multiple places are now transcribing them. Pretty much whichever sub reddit represents your faction of choice has at least one post where someone has either detailed all the points or posted a google doc.

Hoping someone puts together a beta list for Battle Scribe because I'm way too lazy to recalculate everything piece by piece.

5ppm seems to be the new minimum cost and everything has gone up. Options have been standardised it seems so that points are the same for each army (which was mostly the case anyway) and weapons now tend to have split costs for if they're being wielded by infantry or vehicles.

Astounded to see Guardsmen cost less than Cultists. They really don't want CSM armies running Cultists.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017

They should have their accounts pulled and are likely vulnerable to legal action which GW should absolutely take if that's true. Absolutely disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
Just found one of the videos- the Necrons in the box set seem to hit 990 points without any equipment options! I keep seeing the necron minis going for £60-70 on ebay, which is quite tempting.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
There are rumours I've just bought a nicelly painted Custodes army from a friend's friend. Around 2700 of the old points (with base options, I just listed things on Battlescribe) on a 33% discout over pvp... and I'll pay half of that with 3d printing services.

Now to decide how much I really want those Venataris from Forgeworld.

Wow aggressors got a 90% increase. Seems like terminators may be viable again which I would love.

Old points are without weapons. New points for Aggressors are essentially with them, as Boltstorm gauntlets costs 0 now.