• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Games Workshop to refund state aid after business charges ahead

A surge in sales has prompted Games Workshop to say that it will refund the government for the support it has received as its profits are expected to beat expectations.

Games Workshop said that the coronavirus outbreak had had an impact on its sales and it had closed all its shops around the world in March but since some have reopened the business has been encouraged by customers flocking back.

As a result the company said that it expected annual sales to be about £270 million and pre-tax profits to be no less than £85 million. Nick Bubb, an independent retail analyst, said that this was "an improvement on the £256 million sales and £81 million pre-tax profit in the previous year
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...te-aid-after-business-charges-ahead-z9qw3j8bf

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Gñññ, all that sexy white and red.

I really need to step up on painting my Scars, although I'm a bit on a "what the hell should I paint with the new stuff coming". Still, is kinda sad I still have things half done or wathever since ages ago. I mean, my Kor'sarro has been like this since the lockdown started XD:

I'm currently working on my Kor'sarro, forcing myself to do something on it each night. Still tons and tons of work to do, especially as I'm trying to give my best here and there's ton of fuck ups to fix, but it's advancing slowly and steady. This week I've done the face, sword and gun holster, i.e.

v2lG2r2.jpg
lFj9ifU.jpg

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I'm currently working on my Kor'sarro, forcing myself to do something on it each night. Still tons and tons of work to do, especially as I'm trying to give my best here and there's ton of fuck ups to fix, but it's advancing slowly and steady. This week I've done the face, sword and gun holster, i.e.

v2lG2r2.jpg
lFj9ifU.jpg

If you let me give you an advise, change the black for dark brown to shadow the inner parts of the armour. You will get a good contrast but more soft and realistic.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have such a bad feeling that all the character models in the new starter box are going to be exclusive to the box forever (or until 10th ED).

That being said, I wonder if they're going to finally release all the characters from Dark Imperium separately now or release new models entirely to fill the same rolls?

They'll probably just turn each half of the box into a start collecting sets like Shadowspear now that I think about it....

They also need to release some of those dudes from shadowspear with the jumpacks and autocannons separately too.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
There will always be people online selling of individual characters and units from the box. I got the couple of character models I wanted from the shadowspear box that way.

Oct 25, 2017
There will always be people online selling of individual characters and units from the box. I got the couple of character models I wanted from the shadowspear box that way.
Yeah there's entire eBay stores based around splitting starter boxes from all three main games. It won't be hard to get individual models from the set.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
The units will be eventually released with more poses and the full weapon options. We saw this with the 8th box set. It's only the character units that are really need from the box.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
They've shown the sprues and there's quite a bit of choice available for units and they have yet to mention wether the characters will be unique.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Where I am today, my Internet is not good enough to watch the stream, but noted at the end of the community article it mentions they are push fit models.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
If you let me give you an advise, change the black for dark brown to shadow the inner parts of the armour. You will get a good contrast but more soft and realistic.

Been there, done that :P. There are plenty of models using a brown shadow out there that look fantastic, but I didn't like how it looked the way I did it, so I switched to black. I'm not sure I would fine a brown sharpie small enough to use my current method, tho, as there's no brushes involved on that shadow.

WTF is this shit. It looks stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
That dune buggy looks terrible. Like the new bikes it's too low to the ground, and has armour on the back wheels, but nothing on the front?

New Necron stuff looks great though.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That buggy is hideous and devoid of all the technical merits and advantages of an actual dunebuggy. Also doesn't make sense in a universe were landspeeders exist.

I want it.

I don't actually.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
lol that buggy, its just so dumb looking. if the frame came out over the front it might look ok even if it has 0 clearance but it's like half a vehicle. Reminds me of a technical drawing where they show the inside of somoething

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I was already planning to use 30k Outrider bikes as proxy for the Primaris Bikes, but seems I'll need to look for something for those ATV. Thinking on just using Land Speeders on whatever base that thing uses, switching the weapons.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I was already planning to use 30k Outrider bikes as proxy for the Primaris Bikes, but seems I'll need to look for something for those ATV. Thinking on just using Land Speeders on whatever base that thing uses, switching the weapons.
Juste glue 2 bikes underneath a landspeeder and it'll look better than that thing, lol.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It could be that the buggy is like the Taurox were the ugliness actually makes the model look adorable on the tabletop.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Seems crazy that the buggy has two pointless boltguns on the front but no front chassis piece protecting the front wheels and as much of the driver as possible.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is just sorta the thing with imperial vehicles. They're all shaped like somebody who'd heard about tanks/planes/atvs but never actually seen one slapped some stuff together. The buggy is especially atrocious, tho.

Oct 26, 2017
the dune buggy is absolute trash.

like, I understand why that dune buggy is easy to build. That thing will never get a full kit.

just 100% pure gutter garbage.

doesnt fit in with anything in the marine line, or anything in imperial line.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This is just sorta the thing with imperial vehicles. They're all shaped like somebody who'd heard about tanks/planes/atvs but never actually seen one slapped some stuff together. The buggy is especially atrocious, tho.
Yeah. It's like, you need suspension. Ground clearance. And if you're gonna have heavy armour plates, stick em on the front to at least protect the otherwsie defenceless driver. Why do the bikes have more frontal armour than the buggy, that's silly.

I quite like the support weapon, have always liked Tarantula platforms since Space Crusade and that looks like a successor.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's like, you need suspension. Ground clearance. And if you're gonna have heavy armour plates, stick em on the front to at least protect the otherwsie defenceless driver. Why do the bikes have more frontal armour than the buggy, that's silly.

I quite like the support weapon, have always liked Tarantula platforms since Space Crusade and that looks like a successor.
How the hell does it turn, is my question. There's no clearance for the wheels to pivot and even if they did, it looks like it's got handlebars, which also have no clearance.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How the hell does it turn, is my question. There's no clearance for the wheels to pivot and even if they did, it looks like it's got handlebars, which also have no clearance.
I can just imagine the the firstborn assault company troops crewing the significantly more agile yet better-protected Land Speeders whisperiing 'how come your tanks can hover but your recon units can't' :D

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Very happy with the new Necron Warrior and Scarabs sprues, they're going to be so much easier to assemble:
104313086_907213453094ojxx.jpg

Enough guns to equip them all with either gun option, and loads of different heads so you can have them all with undamaged heads or damaged heads if you prefer!

I'm going to need 80...

Edit - very excited to see the return of Harbingers too!

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

I'd be interested to see if you could turn it around, so the Armored stuffs at the front and you just kinda... Kitbash the driver and turret on the back somehow. Maybe.

That and GW seems to have decided they need to differentiate Primaris vehicles from standard marine vehicles. But Marine vehicles are actually relatively practical so they're making them unpractical on purpose.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That and GW seems to have decided they need to differentiate Primaris vehicles from standard marine vehicles. But Marine vehicles are actually relatively practical so they're making them unpractical on purpose.
I mean... the Land Raider and Rhino aren't super practical, being super tall no-suspension flat-sided fire magnets. And the flyers are actually comical.

20120526-100857.jpg

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How dare you?! The Imperium's flying bricks are the wonders of Mankind! The Xenos WISH they could get their hands on these marvels of human ingenuity!
'The flawed streamlined design of crude, flimsy Eldar aircraft only serves to channel superior Imperial firepower towards critical locations! It may get there faster, but only as a ball of flaming wreckage riddled in blessed heavy bolter fire!'

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling it now, that Indomitus box is going to be $200.

Hopefully that since it's a limited release they'll release all of these models later (especially since it seems they're multi part kits and not mono pose). Because I want all the Primaris characters for my Black Templars and I don't feel like spending an arm and a leg.